Forced for Money is ILLEGAL in religion -Article(27)

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
fustrate_Bohra

Forced for Money is ILLEGAL in religion -Article(27)

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Just heard in a news that there is one ARTICLE(27) passed in Indian constitution around 1954 which says NO RELIGION CAN FORCED ITS FOLLOWERS TO PAY ANY KIND OF TAX OR DONATION in the name of religion.

Can any experience member shade some light on this.

Hope i didnt misunderstood the news? :)

This is one more example out of many other that our religious leaders themselves are NOT law abiding.

anajmi

Re: Forced for Money is ILLEGAL in religion -Article(27)

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Oh My God, please quickly send a memo to fayyaaz, the legality enforcer of all nations of the world on this forum.

jungle999

Unread post by jungle999 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:26 pm

I google it on ARTICLE(27) this is what it said on (Right to Freedom of Religion} Article 27: No person shall be compelled to pay any tax for the promotion or maintenance of any religion
According to this article of Indian constitution, no person shall be forced to pay any taxes, the proceeds of which are particularly appropriated in payment of expenses for the spread or protection of any particular religion or religious denomination.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:38 pm

There are end number of laws in India which can screw the Bohra clergy but whats the point ? How many people will take recourse to court or police against the injustice and harassment meted out to them ? These fake godmen have no right to refuse burial in qabrastans but how many bohras have sued them ? Hence, its the impotency of bohras which is the cause of their present state and not the law or the law enforcing agencies.

Critical_Thinker

Unread post by Critical_Thinker » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:25 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:There are end number of laws in India which can screw the Bohra clergy but whats the point ? How many people will take recourse to court or police against the injustice and harassment meted out to them ? These fake godmen have no right to refuse burial in qabrastans but how many bohras have sued them ? Hence, its the impotency of bohras which is the cause of their present state and not the law or the law enforcing agencies.
What an ironic post.
You are right, (non-udaipuri) bohras are impotent.
And you are encouraging that impotency by saying 'whats the point'.
In essence you are the part and parcel of the impotency you are complaining about!

Why dont you use the laws in india to s***w the bohra clergy?
Why dont you take recourse to the court or police?
Why dont you sue the kothar?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:14 pm

I am sorry, but aren't your questions completely irrelevant and insignificant?

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Just like Mola and Islam. Completely irrelevant and insignificant.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:27 pm

seeker110,

Are you saying both Mola and Islam are irrelevant and insignificant? Cause that is what your post appears to be saying. If that is not what you are saying then I would advice you to take a couple of extra minutes and post with a little bit more clarity.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Bohras knows, Talibans ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:19 pm

If "bohras knows" then you wouldn't be here making incoherent posts now would you?

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:00 pm

jungle999 wrote:I google it on ARTICLE(27) this is what it said on (Right to Freedom of Religion} Article 27: No person shall be compelled to pay any tax for the promotion or maintenance of any religion
According to this article of Indian constitution, no person shall be forced to pay any taxes, the proceeds of which are particularly appropriated in payment of expenses for the spread or protection of any particular religion or religious denomination.

Really amazing ...an act since 1949 and no reformist or PDB initiative has been able to make a case out of it.

I don't know details of legal position how it applies in India, but generally breach of law will have consequences associated against it. Does the breach above make it criminal offence ?

Central Government Act
Article 27 in The Constitution Of India 1949
27. Freedom as to payment of taxes for promotion of any particular religion No person shall be compelled to pay any taxes, the proceeds of which are specifically appropriated in payment of expenses for the promotion or maintenance of any particular religion or religions denomination.

The Right to Freedom of Religion as enshrined in the Indian Constitution. Do they make India a Secular State?

The term ‘Secular’ was added to the Preamble by the 42nd Constitution Amendment Act of 1976. The Indian Constitution embodies the positive concept of secularism i.e., placing all religions in the same status and accessible to the equal support from the state, through the provisions contained in Articles 25-28 in Part III of the Constitution.

Article 25 says that all persons are equally entitled to freedom of conscience and the right to freely profess, practice and propagate religion. Article 26 says that every religious denomination or any of its section.

Article 27 ensures that no persons shall be compelled to pay any taxes for the promotion or maintenance of any particular religion or religious denomination. Article 28 says that no religious instruction shall be provided in an educational institution wholly maintained out of state funds.

Through these constitutional values India refutes any form of theocratic culture as it is repugnant to the democratic spirit. In Indian secularism has emerged in our struggle for freedom as a complementary value to democracy and nationalism.

In post independence years, it has become part of the new identify of multi-ethnic, multi-religious and multi-lingual state. Citizens of India in law and by the Constitution are members of a common unified polity where people belonging to multi-religious co-exist.

In India secularism is both a reality and idea. However, India is far from achieving the ideal of secularism. It is an evolving gradually through constant efforts of the state in India.
The above would make most of Bohra ideology unconstitutional !

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Where is fayyaaz when we need him? Dear fayyaaz, we are facing a legal challenge. Apparently, everything the dawoodi-bohra dai has been doing has been illegal. And by everything, I mean taking money from bohras, cause that is everything that he does. So will you please help with this legal matter. Please, we need your legal categorization expertise. We want you to legalize and then categorize or categorize and then legalize or do them at the same time.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:28 pm

^
We also need him since he needs to now categorize Br Biradar as lately he is posting Anti Bohra comments and how about Haqniwaat, we need Resident Profiler to find out what categorize these two belong to. Even he would have to re-consider categorize Zinger too, (may I suggest a special category for Zinger--A Hypocrite Confused Muffi Misaqi but SKQ loving Bohra :mrgreen: )

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:57 am

Frustrate B I have to congratule you for posting this act, you have really made reformist day.

Literally how will sms fatwa ever be enforceable because every time he does so he will face dilemma of being in breach of law . I know Kothar is very sly they will skate around the act.

Question is how the trusts and jamaats are registered . If they are registered as private trusts or corporation they will claim at cost services and right of admission. But once they switch to corporation style, politicians if aware will stop recognizing religious authority and they will not be getting access to publicity where as a not for profit authority they would

rang

Unread post by rang » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:56 am

Ozdundee wrote:Frustrate B I have to congratule you for posting this act, you have really made reformist day.

Literally how will sms fatwa ever be enforceable because every time he does so he will face dilemma of being in breach of law . I know Kothar is very sly they will skate around the act.

Question is how the trusts and jamaats are registered . If they are registered as private trusts or corporation they will claim at cost services and right of admission. But once they switch to corporation style, politicians if aware will stop recognizing religious authority and they will not be getting access to publicity where as a not for profit authority they would
A book written by an Aga Khani Ismaili who was excommunicated from the community when he started research on his own community. I swear to God after reading the same I was so much confused when I find out that we are following their steps. What they started a few hundred year back we have started now. 600 year of History has changed the whole Shariat practice in our community. Every thing about Islam has been changed and we ( both) have become Idol Worshiper. What their Imam Hasan Al Saba of Alamut has asked to do to their people centuries ago , we are asked to do now by our AQA. Allah ST Help us and Guide us , and Allah you know what's in our Heart.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:29 am

Rang Bhai please what is the book called ?

Haggi

Unread post by Haggi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:05 pm

visit the site - mostmerciful.com by Mr. Mehrali

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:26 am

SBM wrote:^
We also need him since he needs to now categorize Br Biradar as lately he is posting Anti Bohra comments and how about Haqniwaat, we need Resident Profiler to find out what categorize these two belong to. Even he would have to re-consider categorize Zinger too, (may I suggest a special category for Zinger--A Hypocrite Confused Muffi Misaqi but SKQ loving Bohra :mrgreen: )
thank you for your categorisation of me. guess u have a lot of spare time on your hands, now that you dont have any soiled diapers to change :wink:

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:28 pm

thank you for your categorisation of me.
My pleasure Zinger.