Projecting Dai Mohammad Burhanuddin as Prophet Syedna

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
mumin

Unread post by mumin » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Bohra Owners of a Company in Dahod had given an advertisement in a Gujarat News paper on occasion of 99th birthday based on Hijri Calendar, praising Syedna. They wrote Dai Burhanuddin’s beauty was superior to Prophet (Nabi) Yusuf A. S. This angered Muslims in many areas. Their delegation marched to Z.I. Constructions when owners of the company regretted comparing Syedna Burhanuddin to Yusuf A. S. They gave a hand written Mafi-Nama to the Muslim delegation and gave another advertisement in the same newspaper asking forgiveness from all Muslims for insulting Beauty of Yousuf A. S.

Human

Re: Projecting Dai Mohammad Burhanuddin as Prophet Syedna

Unread post by Human » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:25 pm

Does anyone have the above article?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:58 am

in the late 70's or early 80's ( i dont remember the exact year), the jamaat committee in pune printed some flyers, i think it was the occasion of syedna's salgirah, and not only pasted them on all bohra shops in the vicinity of the 2 masjids in city and camp, but also distributed them to bohras to frame them and hang them up in their homes, made streamers out of them and hung them all over the streets leading to our masjids and so on.

these flyers had written on it the names of Allah & panjatan pak, but in the following order:

Allah, then a big photo of syedna burhanuddin with his full titles underneath, then muhammad, ali, fatema, hassan and hussain. the photo of syedna was disproportionately larger than the fonts used for all the other names. it occupied almost 30-35% area of the entire lineup. what it clearly conveyed and which even a retard could understand, was that syedna was higher in importance than muhammad, ali and the rest of panjatan pak.

these flyers were stuck on shop doors and shutters late in the night without permission from shopowners. early morning, before shops normally open, the sunni muslims in city area, as their jama masjid is merely 200 yards away, saw these handbills, and the news of the blasphemy spread. they took away as many as they could and the matter reached their pesh imam and higher ups, i.e. the muslim league office, and upto bombay and even their delhi office. by the time bohras came to open their shops, there was a lot of tension in the area. a delegation of leading muslims composed of lawyers, doctors, and other prominent personalities, came and asked the sunnis to restrain themselves while they went over to the devri of our amil. as soon as the coward amil hatimbhaisaheb heard this, he panicked and was about to escape, but my father (who had excellent relations with the sunni muslim jamaat and bigwigs) and others advised him to calm down and face the muslims and apologise or bohras would be in great danger.

The muslim delegation conveyed their outrage and disgust, although they were very polite and restrained. They insisted on an explanation and clear cut mafi nama from syedna himself in Mumbai for hurting the sentiments of all muslims and a promise never to repeat this ever again or they would not be responsible for the actions of their community against bohras.

After a lot of cajoling, chai pani, apology from the amil and secretary and passing on the blame to some over-enthusiastic members of our jamaat committee- the usual game -a huge disaster was averted. It is well-known to insiders that later, substantial sums of money were given to the sunni masjid and some of their corrupt leaders and the whole matter was hushed up.

What is significant is that the flyers were published after obtaining raza from kothar. Everyone knows that even misri calendars, or any religious material can only be published after raza from Bombay.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:29 am

Yes, the ghaib na malik knew not only this, but the after effects of the laanats in Mumbai. The apologies are for self flagellation, which in their language is maatam. They like it so much, so that it is now indulged every day after every namaaz.

Dear Bro AZ, we humans will not understand the maslehat behind these actions.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:02 pm

There is a systematic scheme to project Dawoodi Bohra Dai, Sayedna Mohammad Burhanuddin Saheb at par with the Prophet of Islam Hazrat Mohammad (pbuh).
The photo and the title given and published in the Mumbai Newsline of Indian Express on Monday April 5, 2010 on the occasion of Dawoodi Bohra Syedna describs: "Devotees gather for the blessings of PROPHET SYEDNS MOHAMMAD BURHANUDDIN on the occasion of his 99th birthday on Sunday"

Last year in March when the same Syedna was seriously ill and admitted in the ICU at Saifee Hospital, Bohras all over the world were ordered to slaughter goats. An SMS was sent out saynig "Ettila thai ke Tamara Moze ma Momineen Mukhleseen Ne hidayat karjo ke Aaka Moula ni Umar Darazi Waste Dua Kare Ane Zabiha kare --Alwazarat" (This to inform you that you should instruct all loyal Bohras in your area to pray for long life of the Syedna and also slaughter goats - Ministry).

The newspaper Mumbai Mirror wrote an article on March 21, 2009 on slaughtering of thousands of slaughter and the Bohras all over the world were urged to launch a protest against Mumbai Mirror and ask the editor to appolgise.

It is possible that the calling Mohammad Burhanuddin as "Prophet Syedna" was a unintentional mistake by the particular reporter of the Indian Express, at least a word of clarification should have come from Syedna saheb’s side. In the abcence of clarification it may seem that this was a delibrate attempt to project Syedna at par with the Prophet of Islam.

There are reasons to believe this because in 1991 (1412 Hijri) a Misri Calander was published, as Al Zulfiqar has pointed out, with due sanction of Syedna Burhanuddin Saheb in which Syedna's photo was placed after the Arabic word "Allah" and before "Mohammad" by Arabic words "Ali, Fatema, Hasan and Husain", known as "Panjatane Pak". This was an attempt to show the Syedna superior to the holy Prophet and "Panjatane Pak" and next in ranking after Allah.

And to prove that the Syedna is equivellent to Allah recently his journey to Karbala and Najaf was named as "Kun Safar". Quoting the Quranic verse "Kun fa ya kun" it was claimed that when Syedna cammands "be" and "it is". He thought of going to Karbala and Najaf and he was in those places. (Without buying a ticket and flying the long distance).

Hozefa

MILAAD WISHES - Problem in Dahod

Unread post by Hozefa » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Bohra Owners of a Company in Dahod had given an advertisement in a Gujarat News paper on occasion of 99th birthday based on Hijri Calendar, praising Syedna. They wrote Dai Burhanuddin’s beauty was superior to Prophet (Nabi) Yusuf A. S. This angered Muslims in many areas. Their delegation marched to Z.I. Constructions when owners of the company regretted comparing Syedna Burhanuddin to Yusuf A. S. They gave a hand written Mafi-Nama to the Muslim delegation and gave another advertisement in the same newspaper asking forgiveness from all Muslims for insulting Beauty of Yousuf A. S. They are as follows.

Human

Unread post by Human » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Thanks Hozefa for the articles and thank you Mr. Insaf for posting those images as well. I'm pretty sure there will be now a deafening silence on this thread as no abdes will post anything here.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:36 am

Dahod's Muslims compel the Bohra Owners of a Company for tendering a Public Apology for projecting Dai Burhanuddin's beauty superior to that of Prophet Yusuf (pbuh)
Bohra Owners of a Company known as M/s Z.I. Constructions in Dahod, in its fanatic love for the present Bohra Dai, had given an advertisement in a Gujarat News paper on occasion of 99th birthday based on Hijri Calendar, praising Syedna.

They wrote Dai Burhanuddin's beauty was superior to Prophet (Nabi) Yusuf A. S. The Urdu words written in Gujarati script says "Hazrat Yusuf se bhi mera Maula Haseen hai".
This angered Muslims in many areas as they considered it as an insult to the Prophet Yusuf (pbuh).

The Sunni Shia Muslim leaders apprehended a volatile situation similar to one that had caused when the same Syedna Burhanuddin had openly cursed the first three caliphs of Islam in Bombay in August 1988. So to control the situation a delegation of prominent local Muslims was formed instantly.

The delegation marched to Z.I. Constructions and gave them a lesson or two in Islam and honour of the Prophets in Islam. They told them that an Imam, however great he may be but Imam can not be superior to a Prophet. Similarly however great a Dai may be but Dai can not be superior to an Imam. The Muslim delegation gave the Bohra owners an understanding of Islam which their Dai Syedna Burhanuddin could not impart them in last 99 years. Looking to the mood and earlier faith of their Dai that Dai himself had to give a written open apology, the Bohra owners of the company M/s Z.I. Constructions accepted their mistake and regretted comparing Syedna Burhanuddin to the Prophet Yusuf (pbuh).

The Bohra owners submitted an unconditional hand written Mafi-Nama (apology) to the Muslim delegation and also made it public by giving another advertisement in the same newspaper asking forgiveness from all Muslims for insulting Beauty of Prophet Yousuf (pbuh).

Read the advertisement and you would be surprised that the illiterate and ignorant Bohras owners even do not know the word "His Holiness" as they spell it as "Fill Holiness".

English Translation of the public Appology is as under:-
Public Apology
On the occasion of 99th birthday of Dr. Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin Saheb (TUS) we gave an advertisment to wish him and wrote that "My Maula is superior to the prophet Yusuf in his beauty". This has hurt the religious feelings of entire Muslim community. We beg their sincere apology. We respect the Prophet Yusuf (pbuh) and according to Islamic faith the Prophet Yusuf is one of the most superior soul (then our Syedna). For above quoted writing we once again express our heartfelt regret.
Z.I. Construction,
Lucky Mension, Behind Husami Masjid,
Paiga, DAHOD.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:47 am

Where are the abdes, who openly accuse Bro S. Insaf of telling tall tales?

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:58 am

over zealous nature of few individuals can not be blamed to establishment, people take decisions on their own and sometimes they go wrong.

1) writing prophet with Syedna(tus) name, gross mistake by a reporter. If its on a mass level then surely a clarification can come from establishment otherwise General Ummah would definitely have made a lot of hue and cry.

2) dahod incident : a firm committed mistake and they apologized. People should be careful when they say or write something as inadvertently it can amount to shirk or hurt religious sentiments.

3) printing Syedna(tus) after Allah's name and before Panjatan's : i dont know what their intention was, but if it was to glorify Syedna(tus) more than Panjatan then its wrong and i think they have already apologized

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:25 am

aqs wrote
over zealous nature of few individuals can not be blamed to establishment, people take decisions on their own and sometimes they go wrong.
Normally this rule would make sense, however, in a situation where nothing moves without raza, this is not acceptable. If the establishment insists on raza for every small thing, they can't run away from taking responsibility. It would be utter dishonesty.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 am

The thing is, the "apologies" came after outrage from other communities and not from the Dawoodi Bohras. The Abdes didn't utter a word of objection.

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:58 am

aqs wrote:2) dahod incident : a firm committed mistake and they apologized. People should be careful when they say or write something as inadvertently it can amount to shirk or hurt religious sentiments.

3) printing Syedna(tus) after Allah's name and before Panjatan's : i dont know what their intention was, but if it was to glorify Syedna(tus) more than Panjatan then its wrong and i think they have already apologized
Sayedna as Qaba, Sajada wajib hai and Sayedna is God on earth this all are shirk. If you want to test please give an advertisement in the good news paper and once you will apologies this then only you will believe.

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:43 am

These infernal Muslims, er I mean, ghayr-Mumineen, have no understanding of our ways. You see, there is a hidden meaning behind the words "Hazrat Yusuf se bhi mera Maula Haseen hai" that they will never know.

Also, who has seen the beauty of Nabi Yusuf? I mean, it could simply be poetic imagination. (We abdes know it isn't. It is haqiqat). We do not really need to apologize. But then, how do you pacify these jaahils?

And our madehs may seem extravangant to outsiders but they all have hidden meanings. No one but 'haq na saheb", not even the author of these madehs, know their real meanings.

And as far as sujood to our Mawla is concerned, there too is a hidden meaning. These jaahils do not know that when the ayat was revealed to change direction of prayer from al Quds to Baytullah, the isharo was to change the direction to 'haq na saheb', who is the 'haqiqi qibla' and 'haqiqi kaaba'.

To know the real meanings behind our actions, we invite all jaahils to attend sabak under the auspices of 'Haq na Saheb'.

Written this day April 1st, 2010.

I apologize for the delay in submitting this post.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:54 am

perfect, porus!!

in fact, i have cancelled plans to circulate that madeh about sajda tujhe wajib hai, and instead decided to start recruiting the jaahil ghayr mumin for sabaks. i have already spoken to a few of their ulemas and they have expressed great interest in learning about the hidden ilm of the ahlul bait, and also understanding the beauty and hidden meanings behind all our madehs like 'ghanu jeevo', 'sajda tujhe wajib hai', 'mohammed ka chehra nahi dekha to kya hua, mere dai mohammed ka chehra dekh lo,'

our local amil has agreed to sweeten the deal for such ilm seekers by throwing in one delicious gourmet jaman every week + doing araz to dawate hadiyah to grant mafsuhiyat to all those jaahils who complete the sabaks upto the highest level. i am confident that all these jaahils will be ready after a few sabaks to say laanat on whomever they are instructed to say it, they will also agree for misak and an additional generous khatna to please our maula.

our amil is very excited at the prospect of training jaahil ghayr mumin ulemas and he feels that the zuhoor is around the corner..

questions

Unread post by questions » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:29 pm

jago, bohrio , jago , abhi bhi waqt hay . Bohri bantay bantay Islam ka daman na choot jaye. Kaun say Muhammad kee ziyada tazeem karnee chayye?

Insaf bhai's post of the misri calendar is there in black and white - what more proof do the abdes need?

Porus and AZ : you are both evil :mrgreen:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:42 pm

questions wrote:Insaf bhai's post of the misri calendar is there in black and white - what more proof do the abdes need?

They are waiting for the zuhoor of their Imam-uz-zaman who will confirm whether the present dai is the real appointed one or not. In their wait, generations after generations will perish and the story will remain a 'taavil nu bayan'.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:09 am

porus wrote:These infernal Muslims, er I mean, ghayr-Mumineen, have no understanding of our ways. You see, there is a hidden meaning behind the words "Hazrat Yusuf se bhi mera Maula Haseen hai" that they will never know.

Also, who has seen the beauty of Nabi Yusuf? I mean, it could simply be poetic imagination. (We abdes know it isn't. It is haqiqat). We do not really need to apologize. But then, how do you pacify these jaahils?

And our madehs may seem extravangant to outsiders but they all have hidden meanings. No one but 'haq na saheb", not even the author of these madehs, know their real meanings.

And as far as sujood to our Mawla is concerned, there too is a hidden meaning. These jaahils do not know that when the ayat was revealed to change direction of prayer from al Quds to Baytullah, the isharo was to change the direction to 'haq na saheb', who is the 'haqiqi qibla' and 'haqiqi kaaba'.

To know the real meanings behind our actions, we invite all jaahils to attend sabak under the auspices of 'Haq na Saheb'.

Written this day April 1st, 2010.

I apologize for the delay in submitting this post.

Fantastic! Take a Bow!!!

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:37 am

Porus and AZ : you are both evil
Not sure about AZ , but I have said the same for Porus long ago....

master.b00t

Unread post by master.b00t » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:10 am

"burhani zeal' ke us paar kuchh bhi nahi he.

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:48 am

The Abdes didn't utter a word of objection
when danish cartoons were published and the entire muslim world was reacting to it, and I asked a few in London masjid and to my utter surprise they didnt even knew abt it.

Abdes are unaware of every thing happening in muslim world, forget abt they reacting to it and speaking a word of objection.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:01 pm

^
They would have been hyperventilating if any body were to say anything about the Syedna. According to them he is higher than Rasulullah and in matters of sending people to jannat, even Allah defers to him.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:49 am

Can the PDB invite fellow Sunni brother to arms against our common cause ? Send them a link to this website.

Has PDB communications leaders thought of advertising the URL of this site in Muslim publications ?

A very effort and rupee spent should be taken as an investment and some day or form will return as dividend.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 am

Br Oz
I really do not think that it is necessary to wash our dirty laundry in public. AZ, Hussain_KSA and others have very well acknowledge that we do not want to hurt our ordinary Bohra brethren and this kind of publicity might make some extreme fringe in the Muslim community to equate entire Bohra community with Ahmadis (Qadyani) thus depriving them of Umrah and Haj privilages.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:07 am

Br. OZ

I am Muslim (Call it Sunni if you must) with Bohra "langotia friends". We do everything together except Prayers. When we are at each others house, we pray separetly. Bohra friends refuse to lead or follow. So I do not press. Before Markaz was built I used to go for their Majlis but since then all non bohras are cut off.

Sunnis in America are not interested in saving their souls. In America you have liberty to practice your faith.

We sunni and mainstrem shia are already under gun and we have no desire to open another front.

It is up tp you PDBs to educate other Abde Bohras.

Wasalaam

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

aqs wrote:over zealous nature of few individuals can not be blamed to establishment, people take decisions on their own and sometimes they go wrong.
I have a copy of a circular sent by Anjumane-e-Burhani (Dawwodi Bohra Jamat, Udaipur ) in 1996 which I am posting here.

English translation of the circular signed by then Syedna Saheb's Udaipur Aamil Salman Raseed is as under:=

There is Sawaab of Haj and Umra in coming to Imami court (darbar) of Aqa Maula Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin (TUS). A Mumin who does the deedar of Daiz-Zaman he sees a light of Panjetan, Imams and Dais on his mubarak forehead. He does the Qadanbosi (kissing Syedna's feet) he gets more Sawaab then he get by kissing Hijre-Asad. Dua mubarak (blessings) of Maula will you the success of both the world (Deen and Duniya). The Mumin men, women and their children in larg number should remain present in the court of Huzure-Aala and get Sawaabe-Azeem (greatest Sawaab) and raza of their Lord.

They will get another great Sharaf in doing the Zayarat in Rozat Tahera in company of Maula Burhanuddin (TUS).
Date: 21/2/96
Note: On Wednesday bus will start from Udaipur . Come to Amil's office and get your name registered by paying the amount.

Abde-Syedna
Salman Raseed

My simple question to Syedna-worshiping Bohras is that:

1) Was this circular, sent to large number of Dawoodi Bohra, written by a "over zealous nature Amil?; who was duly appointed by Syedna Saheb or his Vazrat.

2) Is this Amil (and several other Amils) who are responsible for creating a mind set and a culture of utter Shirk in the community also not accountable to Daiz-Zaman?

3) Why is Syedna Saheb and his Vazrat silent on “Shirk if they are not involved in it?

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 am

@Insaaf saheb
My simple question to Syedna-worshiping Bohras is that:
I am not a Syedna(tus) worshipper, I rever him as Syedna(tus) and not as Allah
1) Was this circular, sent to large number of Dawoodi Bohra, written by a "over zealous nature Amil?; who was duly appointed by Syedna Saheb or his Vazrat.
Its looks like a circular from jamaat and must have gone to a sizeable number of people
2) Is this Amil (and several other Amils) who are responsible for creating a mind set and a culture of utter Shirk in the community also not accountable to Daiz-Zaman?
I think bone of contention is this para for you
There is Sawaab of Haj and Umra in coming to Imami court (darbar) of Aqa Maula Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin (TUS).
All the Shia's unanimously agree that coming to Imam(as) court carries a lot of sawab. and as Dai is working in absence of Imam(as) with full power on his behalf than same comparison is done. over here it does not mean that you can go to a dai's hazrat and you are pardoned of your Hajj but a comparison is done on sawab level
A Mumin who does the deedar of Daiz-Zaman he sees a light of Panjetan, Imams and Dais on his mubarak forehead.
it depends on a person to person basis what he wants to see in the face of Dai
He does the Qadanbosi (kissing Syedna's feet) he gets more Sawaab then he get by kissing Hijre-Asad.
a very famous riwayat is their that, Umar mocked that Hajre aswad is just a black stone, it can not give any benefit nor can it harm, over their Moula Ali(as) were standing and said that Hajre aswad gives benefit to the believer and definitely harms a non believer.

Now again as Dai is acting on behalf of Imam in seclusion he is ascribed the same powers that he benefits the believer and more than what was for Hajre Aswad. But again its comparison on the sawab level and it does not equate the actual kissing of Hajre aswad.
Dua mubarak (blessings) of Maula will you the success of both the world (Deen and Duniya). The Mumin men, women and their children in larg number should remain present in the court of Huzure-Aala and get Sawaabe-Azeem (greatest Sawaab) and raza of their Lord.
we believe that Dai's dua can lead us to success in and after this world, its the matter of faith and differs from person to person

3) Why is Syedna Saheb and his Vazrat silent on “Shirk if they are not involved in it?
talk to any aalim from jamea and he will have better answers to your allegation of shirk,

In no ways a Dai is equal to Allah or Prophet or Imam, he only tells that he is a mamluke ale Mohammed, he is working on behalf of Imam(as) in his seclusion thats it

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:02 am

@aqs,
if you are not in a position to answer the questions raised here, what are you doing here? Just being an apologist for the establishment or a recruiter for taking people for sabaqs or asking the aalims of jamea?

This is a question that I have been raising time and again and no satisfactory answer is forthcoming from you. Just apologist and justifying posts that stretch the logic to such lengths that any reasonable person finds it difficult to accept what you have to say.

However, please continue to post on this forum, your shallow and insubstantiated posts clearly point out how hollow is the foundation on which the whole present day edifice of faith stands upon. it is a very good development, for those who were born as abdes, but have brains enough to see through the whole edifice of lies. it helps us to help them.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:29 am

He does the Qadanbosi (kissing Syedna's feet) he gets more Sawaab then he get by kissing Hijre-Asad.
a very famous riwayat is their that, Umar mocked that Hajre aswad is just a black stone, it can not give any benefit nor can it harm, over their Moula Ali(as) were standing and said that Hajre aswad gives benefit to the believer and definitely harms a non believer.

Now again as Dai is acting on behalf of Imam in seclusion he is ascribed the same powers that he benefits the believer and more than what was for Hajre Aswad. But again its comparison on the sawab level and it does not equate the actual kissing of Hajre aswad.

Now this is something new to me. Could you provide any link, proof or reference to this Riwayat that Ali was present their when omar said the above mentioned words about Hajre aswad. Just asking for the sake of knowledge as I did not come across such thing durng my comparative studies of religion.

Wassalam

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:55 am

Smart wrote:@aqs,
if you are not in a position to answer the questions raised here, what are you doing here? Just being an apologist for the establishment or a recruiter for taking people for sabaqs or asking the aalims of jamea?

This is a question that I have been raising time and again and no satisfactory answer is forthcoming from you. Just apologist and justifying posts that stretch the logic to such lengths that any reasonable person finds it difficult to accept what you have to say.

However, please continue to post on this forum, your shallow and insubstantiated posts clearly point out how hollow is the foundation on which the whole present day edifice of faith stands upon. it is a very good development, for those who were born as abdes, but have brains enough to see through the whole edifice of lies. it helps us to help them.

already replied

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&start=30