"Royal" Family

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
porus

"Royal" Family

Unread post by porus » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Can we please build up the family tree of the "Royal" Family? I will make a start with Qasr-e-Aali, whose head was Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin, the 51st Dai. Qasr-e-Aali is a subset of Bayt-e-Zaini and is popularly known by its old name, the Kothar.

Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin had five wives. He was forced to marry his first wife against his wishes. The lady was from a prominent family and marriage was arranged when they were both children. The lady developed a hunchback. Does anyone know the name of this lady and which family was she from?

Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin's second wife was Lady Husaina, who was the mother of the present Sayedna Muhammad Burhanuddin. She is also the mother of present Mukasir, Husain Husamuddin, and a daughter Asma. In this forum, we have discussed Lady Husaina and controversy around her status which remains inconclusive.

Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin's third wife was Lady Wazeera who was not his favorite wife. I have heard that she remained in Surat and never joined her husband in Mumbai. She was the widow of his elder brother, who was designated to be the 51st Dai but died before taking office. Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin inherited both the Daiship of his deceased brother and was forced to marry his widow, which he reluctantly did. Moreover, their two boys were packed off to serve as Aamils in the United States. Their children are now continuing to serve as Aamils in Los Angeles and New Jersey. (Sons are Qasim and Asghar and daughters are Mariam, Khadija and Banoo)

The last two wives of Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin were his favorites.

The fourth wife was Lady Amena. She is the mother of current Maazoon, Khuzema Qutbuddin. Altogether she bore Sayedna 5 sons including the Mazoon and 4 daughters. One of the sons was Hatim Hamiduddin, famous among Bohras as an Oxford scholar.

The fifth wife was Lady Fatima, the mother of legendary Yusuf Najmuddin (YN). She bore Sayedna 3 sons, including YN, and 3 daughters. YN was frustrated by his father Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin in implementing 'Waajebaat' instead of Zakaat. He got his chance with Sayedna Muhammad Burhanuddin and implemented Wajebaat with vengeance. He also masterminded the annual Ashura hangama at various places round the globe.

In conclusion, Sayedna Taher Saifuddin had 23 children. Their families have now expanded to include about 200 members.

Please feel free to amend and add to the above information.

asad

Re: "Royal" Family

Unread post by asad » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 am

use this website http://www.kincafe.com

porus

Unread post by porus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:25 am

porus wrote: Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin's second wife was Lady Husaina, who was the mother of the present Sayedna Muhammad Burhanuddin. She is also the mother of present Mukasir, Husain Husamuddin, and a daughter Asma. In this forum, we have discussed Lady Husaina and controversy around her status which remains inconclusive.
Lady Husaina's father was declared "Muddai". She was forced to break off all relations with her father's family, especially her brother Ismail. Her nephew, Ismail's son, was Ahmed Luqmani who, until his death two years ago, led the Progressive Bohra Jamaat in the United Kingdom.

There is a rumor that due to machinations in Saifi Mahal among the wives of Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin, Lady Husaina was administered poison and she died from it. Sayedna spent disproportionate amount of time with Lady Amena, his favorite wife, causing resentment among the wives.
Last edited by porus on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ahmedplumber

Unread post by ahmedplumber » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:43 am

Mr. Porus,

A humble request to you.

Please stop digging in the past. There is nothing to be gained from it.

Unless the whole objective of this is to give ammunition to the people here to ridicule the Daawat, in which case there is nothing i can do prevent you, i would request you to please let the past be

porus

Unread post by porus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 am

ahmedplumber wrote:Mr. Porus,

A humble request to you.

Unless the whole objective of this is to give ammunition to the people here to ridicule the Daawat, in which case there is nothing i can do prevent you, i would request you to please let the past be
Past is prologue. Healthy skepticism is a good antidote to tyranny. It has a downside that it might to lead to cynicism. My intention is not to condemn Daawat but to state the obvious that Daawat, although a noble institution, is led by weak and corruptible human beings and hence there is a need for proper checks and balances, device which the Daawat sorely lacks.

Brother, if you do not dig the past you are condemning yourself to wallowing in the past 'revised' for you by vested interests and you forgo the opportunity to benefit from it.

Those who do not learn from history are for ever condemned to repeat it!
Last edited by porus on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

asad

Unread post by asad » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:02 am

@Ahmed
This whole exercise is to just inform readers that not every thing is holy about the current first family of Dawoodi Bohra's.
Last edited by asad on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ahmedplumber

Unread post by ahmedplumber » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:04 am

porus wrote:
ahmedplumber wrote:Mr. Porus,

A humble request to you.

Past is prologue. Healthy skepticism is a good antidote to tyranny. It has a downside that it might to lead to cynicism. My intention is not to condemn Daawat but to state the obvious that Daawat, although a noble institution, is led by weak and corruptible human beings and hence there is a need for proper checks and balances, device which the Daawat sorely lacks.

Brother, if you do not dig the past you are condemning yourself to wallowing in past 'revised' for you by vested interests and you forgo the opportunity to benefit from it.

Those who do not learn from history are for ever condemned to repeat it!

Mr. Porus,

You are far, far more mature than me in matters spiritual and worldly, in knowledge and action, in age and experience. So, i shall leave you with just this request. After this, i shall not comment, unless, what i have written below starts to happen

Scepticism will lead to Cynicism, which will lead to Critisism, which will lead to Ridicule, which will lead to abuse, which will lead to Mud-Slinging.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:41 am

Porus Can you please confirm did STS have 5 wives all alive at the same ?

amazing insight well done, what a mess, and explains sibling rivalry that the brainwashed abdes are taking the brunt for. I wonder how long blood is thicker than water will last. As time goes by the relationships will get distant and easy wealth accumulatin will be less to be able to be divided between so many decendents.

It is fact that wajebat and taxes cannot be hiked forever, there will be a time that even slaves will not be able to sustain the burden of taxation and will say enough is enough.

I wonder if the tifin is a test to see if they provide low cost meals the hope that money saved will flow back to them as gratuity , if this succeeds they will try other methods to try to access the abdes savings.

Can you please confirm did STS have 5 wives all alive at the same ?

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:58 am

They might have been all alive at the same time ,but not married to him at the same time. As he would have kept a maximum of four wives at a time. What a plot for sibling rivalry and interfamily disputes.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:21 am

mnoorani wrote:They might have been all alive at the same time ,but not married to him at the same time. As he would have kept a maximum of four wives at a time. What a plot for sibling rivalry and interfamily disputes.
Are you sure he had not more than 5 wives at the same time? Who died before the 5th wife was wedded? There was no divorce ?

porus

Unread post by porus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:32 am

ozmujaheed wrote:Porus Can you please confirm did STS have 5 wives all alive at the same ?

Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin had 4 wives at the same time as allowed by Islam. He did not divorce any of his wives. There is little knowledge among the community about his first wife who developed hunchback. I am on the lookout for further information concerning her.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Were the children home schooled or went to colleges and universities ?

think

Unread post by think » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:07 pm

nothing holy. a robber scares you at gunpoint to empty your pockets while the kothar scares you with Allah's hell to empty your pockets.

porus

Unread post by porus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:45 pm

porus wrote: Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin had 4 wives at the same time as allowed by Islam. He did not divorce any of his wives. There is little knowledge among the community about his first wife who developed hunchback. I am on the lookout for further information concerning her.
Correction. Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin did divorce his first wife after marrying one or more of his other wives.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:52 am

ahmedplumber wrote:Scepticism will lead to Cynicism, which will lead to Critisism, which will lead to Ridicule, which will lead to abuse, which will lead to Mud-Slinging.
Dear AP

A diamond remains a gem even though it evolves in a coalmine.. Also as Porus said, those who does not learn from history often repeats it.

Sayedna sahib family is always under public glare, achievements, births, marriages and deaths. They enjoy the limelight (over the top) pictures flashed all over. So why fret now when darker side of the “royal” family is out. In my personal opinion, “Royal” family is not Daawat ! If I understand the meaning of Daawat is Invitation, and presume that Bohra Daawat is invitation to true call of islam. So “Royal” family is as vulnerable and prone to wordly complexities and sins that of common man’s lives. Even without referring to unsubstantiated accusation thrown on this forums, Obvious frauds and psychological manipulation by “royal” family is there to see in our day to day life. I see no divinity in such complexly related and inclusively self centred “Royal” family.

Truth is stranger than Fiction and its really bitter !

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:52 am

Yusuf Najmuddin (YN) was the most the most able of all of Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin's children. He inherited the brilliant intellect of his father and a tendency to 'rebellion' from his mother, Lady Fatima, who was from Hamdani family. Hamdani family hailed from Yemen and inherited both the knowledge and loyalty to Daawat. Hamdani family's feud with Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin is now legendary, The family has been instrumental in making their vast library of Fatimid and Yamani sources public especially through their donations to the Ismaili Institute of London.

YN utilized his penchant for power by using his intellect to dominate the Daawat at an early age and came into conflict with his father. Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin forestalled YN's ambition to follow him as the next Dai by very early appointment of Sayedna Muhammad Burhanuudin as his successor as the Dai.

We can now see that the roots of rebellion and reform had support from the highest level in the family of the 51st Dai. Lady Husaina's brother's son, Ahmed Luqmani led Reformist Jamaat in the United Kingdom and Lady Fatema's Hamdani family are in opposistion to Daawat. Their opposition encompasses both the theological and administrative issues.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:17 am

With Muffadal Bhai saheb as the new DAI, the power will be moved back to YN's family as now Dawat might be controlled by YN's sons (MBS B'inlaws). What I have heard is that YN's sons are also equally as shrewd as him. It would be interesting how YN's sons architect the future DAWAT policies , sooner or later the other shezada sahebs might loose their control and power.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:49 pm

YN's sons are bigger crooks then YN himself. Look at Syedul Kher and Badri Jamali and their power of extortion and loot.

exploitedpocket

Unread post by exploitedpocket » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:07 pm

are they also residing in saifee mahal or somewhere else...

Out of these family tree, who are the proper residents of palace ?????

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:31 pm

porus wrote: I will make a start with Qasr-e-Aali, whose head was Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin, the 51st Dai. Qasr-e-Aali is a subset of Bayt-e-Zaini and is popularly known by its old name, the Kothar.
A post which appeared on this forum some time back :-

Imam and his family's significance derives from Shia doctrine regarding Imamat. Specifically, Imam must be from the progeny of Imam Husain. Imam Husain's family are referred to Ahl-e-bayt in relation to events of Karbala. This designation has survived to indicate families of all subsequent Imams although it is strictly incorrect according to Quran.

The better term to describe Imams and their families is 'Aal-e-Muhammad'. That is the term Imam Jafar al-Sadiq has used to refer exclusively to Imams according to Daaim al-Islam. That is confirmed by Sayedna's constant reference to himself as 'Mamluk -e-aal-e-Muhammad' meaning 'Servant of Imams'.

There is no parallel significance, at least in dogma, to a Dai al-Mutlaq and his family. However, as we shall see, dogma is being revised to give the the families of the last two Dais a significance equivalent to that given to Imam's families. Thus, increasingly, there is a mention of Bayt-e-Zaini and Qasr-e-Aali in the same breath as Ahl-e-bayt.

Hurrat al-Malika was daughter-in-law of Ali al-Sulayhi, a ruler of Yemen appointed by Imam Mustansir. She became the ruler of Yemen after the death of Ali al-Sulayhi. Neither were related to Imams but they were very loyal to Imamat.

Hurrat al-Malika appointed Dhuaib bin Musa as the first Dai al-Mutlaq when it became clear that the rule of Imam Aamir and his designated heir, Imam al-Tayyib had come to an end. Dhuaib bin Musa was no relation to Imam or Hurrat al-Mulaika.

Dhuaib bin Musa was followed by 3 Dais who were father, son and grandson. They were Ibrahim al-Hamidi, Hatim bin Ibrahim and Ali Shamshuddin. This was the first family of Dais.

The 5th Dai was Ali bin Waleed. The next 18 Dais, including the 5th, were from the family of Ali bin Waleed. This can be considered the second family of Dais.

This brings us to the 24th Dai, Yusuf Najmuddin. He was the first Dai of India following the shift of Daawat from Yemen to India. From then on, Dais came from different families until the 45th Dai, Tayyib Zainuddin.

All the Dais since then, with the exception of 46th, who was son-in-law of 45th, are from the family of the 45th Dai, Tayyib Zainuddin, the third and final family of Dais. These Dais, especially 51st and 52nd, have elevated themselves to almost divine status. After Tayyib Zainuddin, they call themselves Bayt-e-Zaini. (Because of a large number in Bayt-e-Zaini, 51st Dai distinguished his family by a different name, Qasr-e-Aali.)

So none of the Dais and their families are from ahl-e-bayt or from progeny of Hurrat al-Malika

This is a shrewd political attempt to revise dogma to prepare Bohras to accept 'bayt-e-zaini/qasr-e-aali' as a feature of divine providence. This will allow the family to retain absolute power over faith and wealth of Bohras. And you can bet that any Imam, if there is one, initiating his zuhoor will be vehemently resisted and will have his work cut out for him by the third family.

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:11 pm

humble_servant_us wrote:With Muffadal Bhai saheb as the new DAI, the power will be moved back to YN's family as now Dawat might be controlled by YN's sons (MBS B'inlaws). What I have heard is that YN's sons are also equally as shrewd as him. It would be interesting how YN's sons architect the future DAWAT policies , sooner or later the other shezada sahebs might loose their control and power.
http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... din#p22710

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:51 am

GM you have so much information and it is good that you are publishing it on this site for eternity.

Many on this site have left good alternative perspective of our heritage which if left to kothar they would have twisted it into something. In their interest.

What is regrettable that the mamuli abdes who visit this site read and still fall into the spell and start worshipping these guys. How will it sink in their minds that they are being used , they have no value in the kothars minds apart from the bullshit verbal praises and smiles, yet they get carried away. I hear my abdes contacs who will say they we inspired by the glance or smile from a zada or Mansoos. They will fight their way for kadambosi .

What a pity a human Indian family of kothar kasrali whatever they label themselves for years have infiltrated the minds of a whole society and completely controlled their whole life .

Do abdes realise they cannot aspire to ever be leaders, or decision makers of their destiny. But These same fools go and claim their human and democratic rights from the government but once in the dawaat they are happy to be slaves in mind and body.

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:39 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
porus wrote: I will make a start with Qasr-e-Aali, whose head was Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin, the 51st Dai. Qasr-e-Aali is a subset of Bayt-e-Zaini and is popularly known by its old name, the Kothar.
A post which appeared on this forum some time back :-

Imam and his family's significance derives from Shia doctrine regarding Imamat. Specifically, Imam must be from the progeny of Imam Husain. Imam Husain's family are referred to Ahl-e-bayt in relation to events of Karbala. This designation has survived to indicate families of all subsequent Imams although it is strictly incorrect according to Quran.

The better term to describe Imams and their families is 'Aal-e-Muhammad'. That is the term Imam Jafar al-Sadiq has used to refer exclusively to Imams according to Daaim al-Islam. That is confirmed by Sayedna's constant reference to himself as 'Mamluk -e-aal-e-Muhammad' meaning 'Servant of Imams'.

There is no parallel significance, at least in dogma, to a Dai al-Mutlaq and his family. However, as we shall see, dogma is being revised to give the the families of the last two Dais a significance equivalent to that given to Imam's families. Thus, increasingly, there is a mention of Bayt-e-Zaini and Qasr-e-Aali in the same breath as Ahl-e-bayt.

Hurrat al-Malika was daughter-in-law of Ali al-Sulayhi, a ruler of Yemen appointed by Imam Mustansir. She became the ruler of Yemen after the death of Ali al-Sulayhi. Neither were related to Imams but they were very loyal to Imamat.

Hurrat al-Malika appointed Dhuaib bin Musa as the first Dai al-Mutlaq when it became clear that the rule of Imam Aamir and his designated heir, Imam al-Tayyib had come to an end. Dhuaib bin Musa was no relation to Imam or Hurrat al-Mulaika.

Dhuaib bin Musa was followed by 3 Dais who were father, son and grandson. They were Ibrahim al-Hamidi, Hatim bin Ibrahim and Ali Shamshuddin. This was the first family of Dais.

The 5th Dai was Ali bin Waleed. The next 18 Dais, including the 5th, were from the family of Ali bin Waleed. This can be considered the second family of Dais.

This brings us to the 24th Dai, Yusuf Najmuddin. He was the first Dai of India following the shift of Daawat from Yemen to India. From then on, Dais came from different families until the 45th Dai, Tayyib Zainuddin.

All the Dais since then, with the exception of 46th, who was son-in-law of 45th, are from the family of the 45th Dai, Tayyib Zainuddin, the third and final family of Dais. These Dais, especially 51st and 52nd, have elevated themselves to almost divine status. After Tayyib Zainuddin, they call themselves Bayt-e-Zaini. (Because of a large number in Bayt-e-Zaini, 51st Dai distinguished his family by a different name, Qasr-e-Aali.)

So none of the Dais and their families are from ahl-e-bayt or from progeny of Hurrat al-Malika

This is a shrewd political attempt to revise dogma to prepare Bohras to accept 'bayt-e-zaini/qasr-e-aali' as a feature of divine providence. This will allow the family to retain absolute power over faith and wealth of Bohras. And you can bet that any Imam, if there is one, initiating his zuhoor will be vehemently resisted and will have his work cut out for him by the third family.
Who is revising dogma you idiot. Qasr aali in the breath as Ahle bait, reallt. It is you who is trying to create fiction. Nothing of the sort has ever been mentioned.

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:34 am

Phoenix
Qasr aali in the breath as Ahle bait
Phoenix Bhai
if Qasre Aali in the breath as Ahle bait then then it is a bad breath since eating biryani-murghi and getting fat liffafa in ziyafats on the Mubarak days
of Ramzan causes bacterial growth and no wonder due to this breath, Ahle Bait have difficulty in breathing bravery and Josh in our mumineen and muminaat

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:45 pm

pheonix wrote: Who is revising dogma you idiot. Qasr aali in the breath as Ahle bait, reallt. It is you who is trying to create fiction. Nothing of the sort has ever been mentioned.
I can understand your frustration as you have NO logical answers to any issues when it comes to kothar and its ill practices. Regarding my post on this thread, kindly vent out your frustration on the originator of the post as I have clearly mentioned that the post was copied from a thread which appeared earlier on this forum.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:32 pm

porus wrote: Lady Husaina's father was declared "Muddai". She was forced to break off all relations with her father's family, especially her brother Ismail. Her nephew, Ismail's son, was Ahmed Luqmani who, until his death two years ago, led the Progressive Bohra Jamaat in the United Kingdom.

There is a rumor that due to machinations in Saifi Mahal among the wives of Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin, Lady Husaina was administered poison and she died from it.
While on Lukmani family, there was an interesting article which appeared on this forum some time back :-

Miya saheb Ismailji Bhaisaheb Lukmani was the maternal uncle (Mama) of Sayedna Burhanuddin Saheb who broke his relations with Sayedna Taher Saifuddin when Lukmani's sister Husaina I-saheba and wife of Taher Saifuddin died suddenly because of poisoning and late Sayedna was suspected for the tragedy. He died in India and was buried in Malegaon. Janab Ahmed Lukmani who stays in London is his son and scholar on Ismaili literatures.

My Experiences and My Will

Praise be to Allah, the Sustainer of all the Worlds. His blessings on the Holy Prophet Maulana Mohammad Mustafa, upon his Vasi Maulana Ali Murtaza, upon his daughter Maulatena Fatematuz Zahra, the choicest among the women of the world, upon his two beloved grandsons Imam Maulana Hasanal Mujtaba and Imam Maulana Husain, the martyr of Karbala and upon all the Imams who were descended from Imam Maulana Husain to the 21st Imam, Maulana Imam Tayyab Abil Qasim and upon the Imams who will come till the Day of Judgment.

The Holy Prophet laid stress upon the need for the young and the old to make a 'will' as one never knows when death may strike. Bearing this in mind I, Ismail Luqmani, son of Syedi Luqmanji Sahib, a humble servant of Allah and the follower of the Panjatan, the Imams and the rightly appointed Dais, do realise that since I have grown old it is my duty to leave a 'will' without further delay for my children, relations and friends. I possess neither wealth nor property which I may bequeath to my successors. But knowledge is an everlasting wealth and true faith will be the means of deliverance on the Day of Judgment. Hence I wish to leave behind as a gift for my family and friends true faith as I see it together with the true record of some of the events in our community from 1256 Hijri (1840 AD) to the present day. I do believe that the vast majority of our community members is ignorant of what actually transpired in 1256Hijri and thereafter and those few who know the facts maintain silence lest they are deprived of their bread and butter as if it is the mulla who provides sustenance and not Allah.

The scholars who knew the true history are no longer alive and the unfortunate heart-rending incident of 1256 Hijri was almost forgotten. But when Taher Saifuddin Sahib started his 'Reign of Terror' in the community and opened the door to conflict in 1335 Hijri (1917 AD) he indirectly became instrumental in reviving and bringing into lime light the event of 1256 Hijri, so much that it found its place even in the Privy Council records at a later date. During the Burhanpur Dargah Case our religious history came under close scrutiny. I was one of the witnesses in this case on behalf of the victims of oppression while I myself was one of the victims. In order to uphold his false claims, Taher Saifuddin Sahib arranged to produce in Burhanpur court by way of evidence a number of our community books - all in Arabic. With the help of these very books we were able to refute all his claims. Although both the parties produced certain letters and documents as well, we did not have to produce any books from our side as this job was already done for us. As a result of all this the event of 1256 Hijri was clearly highlighted. Based on the facts revealed in this case and keeping in view my own personal experience I am now writing the true history of that period. But before commencing the 1256 Hijri events, I would like to give a brief account of the rightful Dais prior to 1256 Hijri so that one may easily distinguish between right and wrong.

Before the seclusion (satar) of the 21st Imam, the 20th Imam took steps to establish the Mission (Daawat) in Yemen through Maulatena Arwa binte Ahmed, better known as Hurratul Maleka. There were 23 Dais in Yemen from Sayedna Zoeb bin Musa to Syedna Mohammad Izzudin.

The office of the Dai was not the monopoly of one family alone. Rather it was given to the most deserving, sincere and learned person in the community, If the Dai found a person of a family other than his own more suited for the office he would appoint such a person as his successor and ignore his own son. Consequently Sayedna Yusuf bin Sulaiman of Sidhpur, India was appointed the 24th Dai on account of merit. He then migrated to Yemen but the office continued after him in Ahmedabad, India, until the time of the 29th DaiSayedna Abdul Tayyab bib Sayedna Dawood bin Qutub. After him Sayedna Ali Shamshuddin became the 30th Dai in Yemen but once again this post was transferred after him to Ahmedabad, India, which remained the centre of Daawat till the 33rd Dai. From there the centre shifted to Jamnagar where there were five Dais up to Sayedna Ismail Badruddin (Junior). Then there were two Dais in Ujjain, Sayedna Ibrahim Wajihuddin and Sayedna Hebatullahil Moayyad, followed by Sayedna Abdul Tayyab Zakiuddin who preferred to settle down in Burhanpur. He appointed as his successor his son, Sayedna Yusuf Najmuddin who chose to live in Surat. There he..nominated as the next Dai Sydedna Abdeali Saifuddin who in turn named his brother Syde Abdul Qadir hakimuddin for the post of dai after him, but Sydena Hakimuddin did not live long leaving Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin in search of a suitable person to succeed him. Although his own brother Shaikh Adam Safiuddin was his first assistant (Maazoon) he did not appoint him as his successor and his keen eye fell upon two pupils from Aurangabad. Shaikh Mohammed Ali & Shaikh Tayyabali, who had joined the religious school (Saifee Daras) for higher education. Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin took personal interest in the training of these two brothers so much so that both of them proved to be capable of becoming Dais. As if by instinct he choose the younger brother Mohammedali as the next Dai, gave him the title of Izzudin and instructed him to appoint after him his elder bother Tayyabali who was awarded the title of Zainuddin. Sydna Abdeali Safuddin left his Young son Mohammed in charge of the two brothers. When the younger brother died, Sydna Tayyab Zainuddin become Dai. He trained the master's son and made him worthy of the office of Dai He gave him the title of Badruddin. And after appointing him as his successor he died in 1252 Hijri 1836 AD. Syedna Mohammad badurddin took charge as the 46th Dai at an early age of twenty eight.

Now we come to the era of Najmuddin Saheb whose last name was Yousuf. But before we look the event of that era I would like to throw some light on how the previous 46 Dai lived. What scarifies they gave for the community and how they spent their time and energy in spreading knowledge and true guidance. I am sure this will help you to see the truth.

As it is not necessary that most of Dais should remain in one family Syedna Abde Ali Saifuddin ignored his brother and selected two strangers from Aurangabad because he found them capable of holding this post. Likewise in Yeman the Dai's post was held by persons belonging to different families and so were the post of Maazoon and Mukaasir, The fifth Dai in Yeman, Sydna Ali bin Mohammed bin Waleed was a special case . He was a descendant of Waleed son of Utbah, the brother of Shaibul, both of whom were unbelievers of Makkah and were enemies of the Holy Prophet and they took an active part in persecuting the prophet. Once, when the prophet was boycotted, harassed and injured by the makkans he took refuge near the house of his enemy Utbah, who felt pity upon the Prophet and sent with his servant a bunch of grapes with his servant a bunch of grapes out of his abundant crop which he had obtain from his orchard. Upon receiving the bunch the Prophet found that it contained 18 grapes. He thereupon prayed to Allah for a reward to Utbah for his kindness and the answer to his prayer was that 18 of Utbah's descendants later become Dai in Yeman. By the time the office of Dai was transferred to India there had been only 17 Dai from Utbah family in Yeman. Hence after the 29th Dai in India by the wish of Allah this was given to Syedna Ali Shamsuddin in yeman thus completing the figure of 18 in the family of Utbah.

Apart from this, the Dais, Mazoons and Mukasirs in Yamen came from different families and this practice continued in India.

The style of 46 Dais was very simple. The plain and undecorated house of these Dais in Yemen and in India can be seen even today. Syedna Dawood bin Qutubshah, the source of our title As Dawoodi Bohras, led a very austere life living in a basement in Ahmedabd for over three years. Sydna Shaikh Adam was for a very long time a victim of atrocities committed by the than rulers. Syedna Qutbuddin gave his life and become a martyr. All these suffering were in the course of performing their duty to guide people in the cause of Islam.

In order to justify their own misdeeds the present claimants of the Dai's office have misguided people into believing that the 26th Dai, Syedna Dawood bin Ajabshah was fond of pious feasts and monetary presents, ziafats and salams and ostentatious processions and that they are just his example. This is far from the truth and they are just trying to fool the community. Through their Amils they bring pressure upon the community member to donate exorbitant sums and money to meet the expenses of traveling and substance for the troop of as many as 150 whose stay may prolong for several days and months unnecessarily. No such burden was placed on the community by the 26th Dai as alleged. It so happened that during his time there was peace and security and there was no oppression from the rulers. Taking advantage of the peaceful situation the member of the community on their own initiative used to invite the Dai into their homes. However the Dai observed simplicity and there was no sign of pomp or show.

The author of the book ‘Muntazaul Akhbaar’ writes that once Syedna Dawood bin Ajabshah went to see his sick daughter Fatimabai (not referred to as princess) and on the way stepped over a nail receiving serious injury to his heel. He went to the Hakim for the treatment of his injury walking bare-footed all the way. This wound proved fatal and ultimately caused his death. Is it not strange that a Dai who was highly honored and loved by the people is unable to afford a servant in the house, owns no horse or carriage and walks bare-footed to the Hakim to fetch his medicine? In fact it proves how simple he was.

The rightful Dai never reserved religious grades, posts and honors for members of their families but gave preference over their own relations to outsiders in case these were more learned. This has been well elaborated in the book ‘Mausame Bahaar’ Volume III giving the detailed history of the Dais. The rightful Dais never misused Waqf properties nor did they ever get them transferred into their personal names. Whatever belonged to the community was spent for its benefit. Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin had issued special instructions to one of his Amils to see that income of the community fund (Baitul Maal) was spent with the consultation and advice of members and he was asked to exercise his best judgment as regards the money belonging to the ‘Daawat’. Thus we notice a clear difference in the life style of the rightful Dais and the present claimants.

From the day Syedna Zainuddin started giving preference to Syedna Mohammad Badruddin over others, Najmuddin Sahib, Syedna Zainuddin’s son, lost no time in launching an adverse propaganda against Syedna Mohammad Badruddin and with the help of his associates he laid fake accusations against him. After Syedna Mohammad Badruddin assumed the office of Dai, the opposition of Najmuddin Sahib became stronger and more open. On a number of occasions he insulted the Dai and went so far as to say that the Nas on Syedna Mohammad Badruddin was not valid as it was made by his father during his illness. It has been reported that Miya Sahib Isabhai Dohadwalla, the father in law of Najmuddin Sahib made him appear before the Dai and seek his forgiveness for all his accusations.

The first name of Yusuf Najmuddin Sahib was changed by Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin Sahib to Abdul Qadir Najmuddin. He was Known in his circle as a very sensual and in order to boost his sensuality he made use of medicines derived from the testicles of a horse. Sheikh Tayyabali Salta of Ratlarn(?) has written a poem describing Najmuddin Sahib’s lust as “Baawaaji na waqto na Yaaquti ghanee khaadi…etc.”

From the beginning of 1252 Hijri (1836 AD) when Syedna Mohammad Badruddin became Dai at the age of twenty eight, Najmuddin Sahib had open confrontations with the Dai and always wished his early death so that he could usurp the coveted post of the Dai. Any intelligent person would ask, “How could one expect Syedna Mohammad Badruddin even to think of declaring Nas upon Najmuddin Sahib and appoint him as his successor in spite of such opposition and ill treatment?”

Najmuddin Sahib had lost his patience and was all the time planning somehow to get rid of Syedna Mohammad Badruddin who was suffering from piles for quite some time. This afforded him an opportunity to administer poison to the Dai in his medicine with the help of his associates, thus causing the Dai’s death.

Syedna Mohammad Badruddin promised on the evening of 29th Jamadi Aakhar 1256 Hijri (1840 AD) to some of the learned men that on the next day (1st of Rajab) when they would assemble for the majlis, he would discuss the question of Nas. But the day never dawned upon him as he died suddenly due to poisoning.

I made an affidavit in Bombay (mentioned later) as to the persons involved in the sudden death of Syedna Mohammad Badruddin. As regards poisoning of the Dai the relevant paragraph from Mausame Bahaar was quoted by us in the Burhanpur Dargah Case and treated as Exhibit P29. Therein the author says “It is surmised that apart from the complaint of piles there was clear evidence of poison (Almas powder). No one expected such a thing to happen but all of a sudden he passed away leaving every one in total darkness and confusion. Like Syedna Shamshuddin he also departed from this world as a martyr.”

In 1340 Hijri (1922 AD) I went to Khaingaon for a change of climate, together with my family and stayed in the farm belonging to late Mr Hasanali Gulzar. One day my daughter, aged 12, was possessed by some evil spirit and it was soon discovered that the spirit was Chamanai, the mother in law of Najmuddin Sahib.

To be continued......

level_headed

Unread post by level_headed » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:44 am

yeh to Ramsay brothers ki movie lag rahi hai
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted:

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:52 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
pheonix wrote: Who is revising dogma you idiot. Qasr aali in the breath as Ahle bait, reallt. It is you who is trying to create fiction. Nothing of the sort has ever been mentioned.
I can understand your frustration as you have NO logical answers to any issues when it comes to kothar and its ill practices. Regarding my post on this thread, kindly vent out your frustration on the originator of the post as I have clearly mentioned that the post was copied from a thread which appeared earlier on this forum.
What logical answer can you give to blatant lies and slander. There has never been any attempt to revise the dogma to elevate Qasr -e -ali upto the level of Ahle bait.

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:00 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
porus wrote: Lady Husaina's father was declared "Muddai". She was forced to break off all relations with her father's family, especially her brother Ismail. Her nephew, Ismail's son, was Ahmed Luqmani who, until his death two years ago, led the Progressive Bohra Jamaat in the United Kingdom.

There is a rumor that due to machinations in Saifi Mahal among the wives of Sayedna Tahir Saifuddin, Lady Husaina was administered poison and she died from it.
While on Lukmani family, there was an interesting article which appeared on this forum some time back :-

Miya saheb Ismailji Bhaisaheb Lukmani was the maternal uncle (Mama) of Sayedna Burhanuddin Saheb who broke his relations with Sayedna Taher Saifuddin when Lukmani's sister Husaina I-saheba and wife of Taher Saifuddin died suddenly because of poisoning and late Sayedna was suspected for the tragedy. He died in India and was buried in Malegaon. Janab Ahmed Lukmani who stays in London is his son and scholar on Ismaili literatures.

My Experiences and My Will

Praise be to Allah, the Sustainer of all the Worlds. His blessings on the Holy Prophet Maulana Mohammad Mustafa, upon his Vasi Maulana Ali Murtaza, upon his daughter Maulatena Fatematuz Zahra, the choicest among the women of the world, upon his two beloved grandsons Imam Maulana Hasanal Mujtaba and Imam Maulana Husain, the martyr of Karbala and upon all the Imams who were descended from Imam Maulana Husain to the 21st Imam, Maulana Imam Tayyab Abil Qasim and upon the Imams who will come till the Day of Judgment.

The Holy Prophet laid stress upon the need for the young and the old to make a 'will' as one never knows when death may strike. Bearing this in mind I, Ismail Luqmani, son of Syedi Luqmanji Sahib, a humble servant of Allah and the follower of the Panjatan, the Imams and the rightly appointed Dais, do realise that since I have grown old it is my duty to leave a 'will' without further delay for my children, relations and friends. I possess neither wealth nor property which I may bequeath to my successors. But knowledge is an everlasting wealth and true faith will be the means of deliverance on the Day of Judgment. Hence I wish to leave behind as a gift for my family and friends true faith as I see it together with the true record of some of the events in our community from 1256 Hijri (1840 AD) to the present day. I do believe that the vast majority of our community members is ignorant of what actually transpired in 1256Hijri and thereafter and those few who know the facts maintain silence lest they are deprived of their bread and butter as if it is the mulla who provides sustenance and not Allah.

The scholars who knew the true history are no longer alive and the unfortunate heart-rending incident of 1256 Hijri was almost forgotten. But when Taher Saifuddin Sahib started his 'Reign of Terror' in the community and opened the door to conflict in 1335 Hijri (1917 AD) he indirectly became instrumental in reviving and bringing into lime light the event of 1256 Hijri, so much that it found its place even in the Privy Council records at a later date. During the Burhanpur Dargah Case our religious history came under close scrutiny. I was one of the witnesses in this case on behalf of the victims of oppression while I myself was one of the victims. In order to uphold his false claims, Taher Saifuddin Sahib arranged to produce in Burhanpur court by way of evidence a number of our community books - all in Arabic. With the help of these very books we were able to refute all his claims. Although both the parties produced certain letters and documents as well, we did not have to produce any books from our side as this job was already done for us. As a result of all this the event of 1256 Hijri was clearly highlighted. Based on the facts revealed in this case and keeping in view my own personal experience I am now writing the true history of that period. But before commencing the 1256 Hijri events, I would like to give a brief account of the rightful Dais prior to 1256 Hijri so that one may easily distinguish between right and wrong.

Before the seclusion (satar) of the 21st Imam, the 20th Imam took steps to establish the Mission (Daawat) in Yemen through Maulatena Arwa binte Ahmed, better known as Hurratul Maleka. There were 23 Dais in Yemen from Sayedna Zoeb bin Musa to Syedna Mohammad Izzudin.

The office of the Dai was not the monopoly of one family alone. Rather it was given to the most deserving, sincere and learned person in the community, If the Dai found a person of a family other than his own more suited for the office he would appoint such a person as his successor and ignore his own son. Consequently Sayedna Yusuf bin Sulaiman of Sidhpur, India was appointed the 24th Dai on account of merit. He then migrated to Yemen but the office continued after him in Ahmedabad, India, until the time of the 29th DaiSayedna Abdul Tayyab bib Sayedna Dawood bin Qutub. After him Sayedna Ali Shamshuddin became the 30th Dai in Yemen but once again this post was transferred after him to Ahmedabad, India, which remained the centre of Daawat till the 33rd Dai. From there the centre shifted to Jamnagar where there were five Dais up to Sayedna Ismail Badruddin (Junior). Then there were two Dais in Ujjain, Sayedna Ibrahim Wajihuddin and Sayedna Hebatullahil Moayyad, followed by Sayedna Abdul Tayyab Zakiuddin who preferred to settle down in Burhanpur. He appointed as his successor his son, Sayedna Yusuf Najmuddin who chose to live in Surat. There he..nominated as the next Dai Sydedna Abdeali Saifuddin who in turn named his brother Syde Abdul Qadir hakimuddin for the post of dai after him, but Sydena Hakimuddin did not live long leaving Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin in search of a suitable person to succeed him. Although his own brother Shaikh Adam Safiuddin was his first assistant (Maazoon) he did not appoint him as his successor and his keen eye fell upon two pupils from Aurangabad. Shaikh Mohammed Ali & Shaikh Tayyabali, who had joined the religious school (Saifee Daras) for higher education. Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin took personal interest in the training of these two brothers so much so that both of them proved to be capable of becoming Dais. As if by instinct he choose the younger brother Mohammedali as the next Dai, gave him the title of Izzudin and instructed him to appoint after him his elder bother Tayyabali who was awarded the title of Zainuddin. Sydna Abdeali Safuddin left his Young son Mohammed in charge of the two brothers. When the younger brother died, Sydna Tayyab Zainuddin become Dai. He trained the master's son and made him worthy of the office of Dai He gave him the title of Badruddin. And after appointing him as his successor he died in 1252 Hijri 1836 AD. Syedna Mohammad badurddin took charge as the 46th Dai at an early age of twenty eight.

Now we come to the era of Najmuddin Saheb whose last name was Yousuf. But before we look the event of that era I would like to throw some light on how the previous 46 Dai lived. What scarifies they gave for the community and how they spent their time and energy in spreading knowledge and true guidance. I am sure this will help you to see the truth.

As it is not necessary that most of Dais should remain in one family Syedna Abde Ali Saifuddin ignored his brother and selected two strangers from Aurangabad because he found them capable of holding this post. Likewise in Yeman the Dai's post was held by persons belonging to different families and so were the post of Maazoon and Mukaasir, The fifth Dai in Yeman, Sydna Ali bin Mohammed bin Waleed was a special case . He was a descendant of Waleed son of Utbah, the brother of Shaibul, both of whom were unbelievers of Makkah and were enemies of the Holy Prophet and they took an active part in persecuting the prophet. Once, when the prophet was boycotted, harassed and injured by the makkans he took refuge near the house of his enemy Utbah, who felt pity upon the Prophet and sent with his servant a bunch of grapes with his servant a bunch of grapes out of his abundant crop which he had obtain from his orchard. Upon receiving the bunch the Prophet found that it contained 18 grapes. He thereupon prayed to Allah for a reward to Utbah for his kindness and the answer to his prayer was that 18 of Utbah's descendants later become Dai in Yeman. By the time the office of Dai was transferred to India there had been only 17 Dai from Utbah family in Yeman. Hence after the 29th Dai in India by the wish of Allah this was given to Syedna Ali Shamsuddin in yeman thus completing the figure of 18 in the family of Utbah.

Apart from this, the Dais, Mazoons and Mukasirs in Yamen came from different families and this practice continued in India.

The style of 46 Dais was very simple. The plain and undecorated house of these Dais in Yemen and in India can be seen even today. Syedna Dawood bin Qutubshah, the source of our title As Dawoodi Bohras, led a very austere life living in a basement in Ahmedabd for over three years. Sydna Shaikh Adam was for a very long time a victim of atrocities committed by the than rulers. Syedna Qutbuddin gave his life and become a martyr. All these suffering were in the course of performing their duty to guide people in the cause of Islam.

In order to justify their own misdeeds the present claimants of the Dai's office have misguided people into believing that the 26th Dai, Syedna Dawood bin Ajabshah was fond of pious feasts and monetary presents, ziafats and salams and ostentatious processions and that they are just his example. This is far from the truth and they are just trying to fool the community. Through their Amils they bring pressure upon the community member to donate exorbitant sums and money to meet the expenses of traveling and substance for the troop of as many as 150 whose stay may prolong for several days and months unnecessarily. No such burden was placed on the community by the 26th Dai as alleged. It so happened that during his time there was peace and security and there was no oppression from the rulers. Taking advantage of the peaceful situation the member of the community on their own initiative used to invite the Dai into their homes. However the Dai observed simplicity and there was no sign of pomp or show.

The author of the book ‘Muntazaul Akhbaar’ writes that once Syedna Dawood bin Ajabshah went to see his sick daughter Fatimabai (not referred to as princess) and on the way stepped over a nail receiving serious injury to his heel. He went to the Hakim for the treatment of his injury walking bare-footed all the way. This wound proved fatal and ultimately caused his death. Is it not strange that a Dai who was highly honored and loved by the people is unable to afford a servant in the house, owns no horse or carriage and walks bare-footed to the Hakim to fetch his medicine? In fact it proves how simple he was.

The rightful Dai never reserved religious grades, posts and honors for members of their families but gave preference over their own relations to outsiders in case these were more learned. This has been well elaborated in the book ‘Mausame Bahaar’ Volume III giving the detailed history of the Dais. The rightful Dais never misused Waqf properties nor did they ever get them transferred into their personal names. Whatever belonged to the community was spent for its benefit. Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin had issued special instructions to one of his Amils to see that income of the community fund (Baitul Maal) was spent with the consultation and advice of members and he was asked to exercise his best judgment as regards the money belonging to the ‘Daawat’. Thus we notice a clear difference in the life style of the rightful Dais and the present claimants.

From the day Syedna Zainuddin started giving preference to Syedna Mohammad Badruddin over others, Najmuddin Sahib, Syedna Zainuddin’s son, lost no time in launching an adverse propaganda against Syedna Mohammad Badruddin and with the help of his associates he laid fake accusations against him. After Syedna Mohammad Badruddin assumed the office of Dai, the opposition of Najmuddin Sahib became stronger and more open. On a number of occasions he insulted the Dai and went so far as to say that the Nas on Syedna Mohammad Badruddin was not valid as it was made by his father during his illness. It has been reported that Miya Sahib Isabhai Dohadwalla, the father in law of Najmuddin Sahib made him appear before the Dai and seek his forgiveness for all his accusations.

The first name of Yusuf Najmuddin Sahib was changed by Syedna Abdeali Saifuddin Sahib to Abdul Qadir Najmuddin. He was Known in his circle as a very sensual and in order to boost his sensuality he made use of medicines derived from the testicles of a horse. Sheikh Tayyabali Salta of Ratlarn(?) has written a poem describing Najmuddin Sahib’s lust as “Baawaaji na waqto na Yaaquti ghanee khaadi…etc.”

From the beginning of 1252 Hijri (1836 AD) when Syedna Mohammad Badruddin became Dai at the age of twenty eight, Najmuddin Sahib had open confrontations with the Dai and always wished his early death so that he could usurp the coveted post of the Dai. Any intelligent person would ask, “How could one expect Syedna Mohammad Badruddin even to think of declaring Nas upon Najmuddin Sahib and appoint him as his successor in spite of such opposition and ill treatment?”

Najmuddin Sahib had lost his patience and was all the time planning somehow to get rid of Syedna Mohammad Badruddin who was suffering from piles for quite some time. This afforded him an opportunity to administer poison to the Dai in his medicine with the help of his associates, thus causing the Dai’s death.

Syedna Mohammad Badruddin promised on the evening of 29th Jamadi Aakhar 1256 Hijri (1840 AD) to some of the learned men that on the next day (1st of Rajab) when they would assemble for the majlis, he would discuss the question of Nas. But the day never dawned upon him as he died suddenly due to poisoning.

I made an affidavit in Bombay (mentioned later) as to the persons involved in the sudden death of Syedna Mohammad Badruddin. As regards poisoning of the Dai the relevant paragraph from Mausame Bahaar was quoted by us in the Burhanpur Dargah Case and treated as Exhibit P29. Therein the author says “It is surmised that apart from the complaint of piles there was clear evidence of poison (Almas powder). No one expected such a thing to happen but all of a sudden he passed away leaving every one in total darkness and confusion. Like Syedna Shamshuddin he also departed from this world as a martyr.”

In 1340 Hijri (1922 AD) I went to Khaingaon for a change of climate, together with my family and stayed in the farm belonging to late Mr Hasanali Gulzar. One day my daughter, aged 12, was possessed by some evil spirit and it was soon discovered that the spirit was Chamanai, the mother in law of Najmuddin Sahib.

To be continued......
Yet the moron still considered Syedna Abdullah Badruddin as his rightful DAI before breaking up with Syedna Taher Saifuddin. A clear case of "grapes are sour". Look at the concrete proofs he provides.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:35 am

Phoenix are you a kothar family member or a self confessed abde who is a devoted follower protecting the STS family honor ?

GM is disclosing a perspective why the hierarchy is from a single family and is logical explanation for the corruption and heretical ideology.

Do you have an alternative explanation why the STS family is more deserving of inheriting power ?