Qutbi Bohras

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Al Zulfiqar

Re: Qutbi Bohra

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:09 am

juzer esmail wrote:Everyone in India knows that Mazun Saheb has won the case and therefore got the occupation of Saifee Mahal...which is the seat of Dawat...Knowledgeable people say that the Dai, Mazun and Mukasir have a ratio of 50/ 30/ 20 percentage respectively, in Dawat property. There are rumours that already people in Hyderabad have started converting to Qutbi...and there's already an office in Dubai.
bhai juzer,

please do not indulge in rumour mongering. its one thing to have substantial news and another to just spread sensational gossip. before you post such things take the trouble to atleast verify the facts. do not make statements like 'everyone in india knows'... i do not know and i am sure everyone else here doesn't.

please realise that posting patently false 'rumours' damages not just your own credibility, but also of this site.

Starwars

Qutbi Bohra

Unread post by Starwars » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:47 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:qutbi or burhani or muffadali, does it make any difference to slaves who their lord and master is? they are a commodity which can be bought, sold, exchanged, beaten, whipped, tortured, abused, raped and pillaged. all they need is a wily dictator and ringmaster to control them.

koi bhi maalik ho, kya farq padta hai?
The 'slaves' are very happy to call their 'maalik' - ROYAL FAMILY and even take pride to do sajdas and wail at their vision - uncontrollably. :|

Yusuf

Unread post by Yusuf » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 am

I am worried about smb, I have seen him all my life almost every day, and now suddenly he is vanished from the limelight :(

Yusuf

Unread post by Yusuf » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 am

I have a question,

I am sure most zadaas educate there kids in foreign universities, none of them felt it is wrong to slave human? none of 100's of zada tried to act against this wrong concept?

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Bohra Spring,
I do not think there are any 'loyal' progressives to any faction may it be Qutbi, Burhani, Muffadali, Alvi, Sulemani or whatever. What progressives demand is a tranparent and accountable community run like a not-for-porfit organization. We do not want so called 'Dawat', we do not want 'Dai' but may accept a CEO (with elected board).
As for any reconciliation, I believe we will cross the bridge when time comes.
And lastly, yes, I would want progressive to side with Qutbis these days as this is one way to 'break' the Sultanate of zaadas.

Yousuf,
Zaada and their children 'know' what is right and what is wrong but Lust for Power and Money is very powerful.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Yusuf wrote:I am worried about smb, I have seen him all my life almost every day, and now suddenly he is vanished from the limelight
He has not vanished, he is bed ridden and sometimes he is being paraded in a palkhi by the zaadas as Brand Burhanuddin sells like nothing else.

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:53 pm

So will there be 103rd Milad Mubarak OR 1st Urs Mubarak ...??!!

How will Qutbi faction react on SBM death and how will they celebrate the Urs?? You SBM would be lukcy that his Urs will be celebrated by TWO factions!! Two Dai-ul-Mutlaq praising 52nd.

asad

Unread post by asad » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:46 am

Mansoos has killed whatever chance Mazoon had with his whirlwind tours of small villages and towns of bohra populace. he has visited more than 200 places in last one year and what has mazoon to show against it ? not even his location details are known.

voice

Unread post by voice » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:02 am

JC wrote:Bohra Spring,
I would want progressive to side with Qutbis these days as this is one way to 'break' the Sultanate of zaadas.
I agree to Bohra Spring and I feel that its an opportunity to encash if we are sincere in reforming the society. Also in my opinion these is what mazoon saheb`s camp is looking for.....

Regarding the tours by Mansoos than surely it is a well planned strategy to gain support but simultaneously its an indication of his fear. If we read the history than same thing was done by Ameer Muawiyya in his last days to take the baiyat for yazeed. He used every means for it and by large he was successful also but salute to Imam Hussain and his followers who set an example for all the mankind. We all are in the same sort of period, although characters have changed but history is repeating itself. Lets find out true followers who are ready to walk and sacrifice on path showed by Imam Hussain.

Make an introspection, how many of you are ready to follow and sacrifice "fi sabilillah" (on the path of Allah) ?

asad

Unread post by asad » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:03 am

handiwork of mazoon camp or Mansoos himself. this game gets better and better with each passing day.

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Where there is smoke, there is fire!

Rising Star

Unread post by Rising Star » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:56 pm

thiss whole family is corrupt , just like congress and bjp in India.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Aymelek wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-new ... 44475.aspx
The last sentence of the article says it all..... "The Mazun's family REFUSED to comment".

If there is NO dispute then WHY are there no comments from Mazun's camp ? They had a chance to make things abundantly clear but they didn't !!

asad

Unread post by asad » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:08 am

after the report in Hindustan times Bohra message groups are flush with refutations and other messages regarding the same.

voice

Unread post by voice » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 am

ghulam muhammed wrote: The last sentence of the article says it all..... "The Mazun's family REFUSED to comment".

If there is NO dispute then WHY are there no comments from Mazun's camp ? They had a chance to make things abundantly clear but they didn't !!
Very well pointed and that`s the strategy adopted by Mazoon saheb`s camp. Although in panic muffy`s camp is trying to refute the news and criticizing press but in turn they are making the issue more public and famous. That`s the way Salman Rushdie got famous. So, its like a cheerful scenario :D in the camp of Mazoon saheb and :cry: atmosphere in muffy`s camp.

Still if someone calls it a rumour than he is fooling himself.

voice

Unread post by voice » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:15 am

Some interesting comments I have found on the article of HT,

1) Saleh • 13 hours ago −
Some is being hidden under the Carpet! If this is not True, Why Mazun was not present in both the Events of Nass!

2) Idris Mustafa Khopoliwala • 3 hours ago −
If this is true why he was not there in any of the milad programs of dai mutlaq!!

3) ltaz • 29 minutes ago −
Good job Mugdha. The article is based on facts. Can all the people who have written the negative comments on your article dispute the fact that the supreme court has passed the verdict in favour of Mazun on who the next Dai should be?.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:22 am

This email is viral among abde groups.

Dear Mumineen

Once again the press has seen fit to target the Dawoodi Bohra Muslim community - this time in an article on the Front Page in Mumbai's Hindustan Times claiming that "roumours are rife" within the one million strong that some members claim loyalty to the Mazoon and plan to separate as Qutbi Bohras.

This article is inherently biased:
It gives credibility to the claims of 15 families who apparently call themselves 'Qutbi' Bohras on its front page based on a rumour - Since when have rumours become front page news?

It is badly researched, and thus shamefully inaccurate:
It says ' According to historical precedent, the Mazoon is the next in line to take position as leader of the community.' Mazoon as we all know is a title, second to the Syedna in the community; however Nass (or succession) is solely at the discretion of the Dai, and can be made on the Saheb selected to be the most appropriate for the position.

It also quotes the Progressive DB's site, saying that the Nass was not made in public!! When in fact not only was it announced from London and Maula (tus) gave a special audience in Raudat Tahera in the midst of thousands of people, while thousands of Dawoodi Bohras watched live via A/V relay across the globe.

So,

* These constant attacks on the community and its internal affairs by the press are unacceptable.
* We are a great community, we are devoted to our leader, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin (TUS) who spent his whole life in the service of Mankind and has made sure we are in safe hands of Syedi Mufaddal Maula (TUS).
* Under his guidance we create great institutions for the benefit of society at large like Saifee Hospital and Bhendi Bazaar redevelopment; we are constantly striving to provide massive welfare schemes like free meals for families and low cost housing for lakhs of Dawoodi Bohras across the globe.
* The press however, appears to chose the path of sensationalism, undermining the reputation and dignity of our community and hurting the sentiments of lakhs of Dawoodi Bohras all over the world with biased and inaccurate stories.
* We are tired of being maligned. Today's article in the HT by Mughda Variya was superficially researched and clearly biased and deeply offends the faith and loyalty of members of our community.
* We strongly protest this article. It appears to have been placed with malicious intent to hurt the reputation of the community. Please do voice your protest to mugdha.variyar@hindustantimes.com with a copy to htmetro@hindutantimes.com

The article can be viewed at
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-new ... 44475.aspx.
Do take a look and voice your protest with dignity in the best traditions of the Dawoodi Bohras - but make sure that the Hindustan Times and the Journalist understands that this article has maligned our reputation and has deeply offended us.

Do share this with as many people who feel this way and would like to voice their protest (in their own words) about this.

asad

Unread post by asad » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:52 am

just got this. Kothar in overdrive by just a simple article, imagine what they will do if mazoon comes out and say something

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:56 am

If the issue is non existent why can the 2 not give a joint press statement and one give allegiance to the other.

Meanwhile the PDB site gets free publicity :)

hello52

Unread post by hello52 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:59 pm

I have also read the article .
Some thing for sure is fishy inside Saifi mahal but we can only do one thing ie just wait and watch as to what is the out come .
This matter will get closed only when either of the two ie
1 ) syedna Mohammed burhanuddin tus
Or
2) syedi khuzema bhaisahed Qudbuddin

Give a statement to all.
And I seriouly hope that atleast moula burhanuddin comes out and declares the nass in his strong voice which can only save the community from dividing othr wise Allah knows what's going to happen..

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 pm

hello52 wrote: And I seriouly hope that atleast moula burhanuddin comes out and declares the nass in his strong voice ...
are you serious? what strong voice? he is 98 years old, languishing on his death-bed, kept alive by artificial means. if by strong voice, you mean a strong personality, then you are sadly mistaken, smb did not dare to ever speak up when his sons seized more and more control over the affairs of the community, divided the whole world among themselves and increased the loot and oppression of the community, whilst sidelining both the mukasir amd mazoon. he has never spoken up when stupid abdes do sajdas to him and he has never refused to go on hunting trips, that too just after ashura!

smb is a weakling and will remain one until his death. when he was a child and until mazoon, his father dominated him. after becoming dai, his brother YN dominated him and after the murder of YN in egypt, his sons dominate him. he lacks the moral or personal strength to take command and has always been manipulated to the advantage of vested interests. all from within his own family. in him i see a tragic figure on the lines of the last mughal emperor - bahadur shah zafar - who was ineffectual and weak, a mere shadow of his predecessors, amusing his sad life with poetry and mehfils, finally dying in exile yearning for his beloved court and homeland, confined in his last days to loneliness, misery and fall from grace, just as smb is today; out of sight, out of mind, secreted away to some hidden chamber, waiting to die, yearning for freedom but revived from time to time and put on macabre display, so that his sadistic and mercenary sons can squeeze the last drop of sympathy najwa's out of a gullible and blind mob of the brainless faithful. his sad and painful passing will be a fitting testament to the pain, misery and suffering both him and his evil father inflicted on the community in order to enrich themselves.

i hope his rascal sons make it a point several times a day to take their father's mute and powerless hands and force them into beating his chest - ya hussain - just as smb had forced amte mothers to make their newborns do maatam...

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Muffy camp will busy preparing urgent live relay event to dispell the accusations...

Some make sure mazun is dragged and not fly overseas

Another Saturday or Sunday should be booked out ....

A new scheme will be introduced to show his empathy for his followers, lets see what he has not tried

Tiffin check, drugs check, recitations check, alcohol check, parade his father check, meet dignitaries check, celebrations check.....

Ok what about paying their credit card debts , or free blood pressure tests....something with an oomph

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Dogs are barking that they hear what the humans cannot, the caravan and camels though moving are heading into a sandstorm.... :twisted:

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:15 am

First of all I must congratulate mugda Variar for artical.
It also quotes the Progressive DB's site, saying that the Nass was not made in public!! When in fact not only was it announced from London and Maula (tus) gave a special audience in Raudat Tahera in the midst of thousands of people, while thousands of Dawoodi Bohras watched live via A/V relay across the globe.
Regarding nus in public, then why all the videos are removed from the kothar sponsored sites? This is the proof that the nuss was not proclaimed properly. If kothar is honest they should put the videos of this event in public.

godnmoney

Unread post by godnmoney » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:22 am

the article on hindustan times have open eyes of many

i have comment on many
my id over there is god is same only here it money

i think now mazum shaheb sud file a case and surely he will win

voice

Unread post by voice » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:56 am

godnmoney wrote:the article on hindustan times have open eyes of many

i have comment on many
my id over there is god is same only here it money
Gone through some of your comments on HT, good job done, keep it up.
Also, I would like to share one interesting comment on HT,

Hasan bhaisahab • 12 hours ago −
I am a senior community member who is hearing these rumors on a daily basis. It would be great if the Mazoon would give a press conference and clarify these matters. When the so called nass was proclaimed nothing was clear or heard by anyone due to the ill health of the Syedna. Whether he proclaimed the nass is very much open to question, how ever many people deny the truth. The community members according to Shariat have to follow the Mazoon as he is the next in line and he is explicitly mentioned in the Misaaq or "oath of allegiance". There is no audio or written letter from Syedna Burhanuddin where he proclaims "nass", thus until that happens we should by default follow the Mazoon.

voice

Unread post by voice » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:02 am

Another interesting comment on HT,

Murtaza Poonawala • 3 hours ago −
Facts:

1. Mazun has been repeatedly sidelined by the Syedna family in all community and religious functions ever since he has rightfully claimed to be the successor to the present dai (Syedna).

2. We have yet to hear the Syedna declare Nass on Muffadal as all he did was mumble a few words which no one could comprehend.

3. If he declares Nass in this present state, it will be invalid due to his mental and physical state. His nass on the mansoos will be legally invalid as long as the Mazun is alive (Please refer to the Supreme Court ruling on this issue).

4. The breakaway faction, Qutbi Bohra, are very much real and active and are not a figment of Mrs. Mughda's imagination. They are in the process of organizing their structure before coming out in the open.

voice

Unread post by voice » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:11 am

one more on HT,

Seeking democracy • a day ago −
It is so strange and unIslamic that in the 21 st century and while living in a democratic country like India , Bohras would limit the leadership to a family through inheritance . Why is it so difficult to find a more capable and competent Diai from the congregation.

How can every Bohra be convinced that Mufadal or Qutbudin born in luxury of Sayedna Taher Saifudin understand the aspirations of a global community based on logic and fairness.

The recent catholic papal selection is a good example of how faiths have reformed .

Does it not bother Bohras that Shazada and Shazadi meaning the relatives of the Sayedna wield so much power and influence of the affairs of the community leading to corruption and manipulation. Rise and wake up from your slavery. Stop being brainwashed .

We have deviated from Islam and become a corrupt cult. I have the right to say what I want as I was born in. Bohra family.