His Holiness Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin passes away

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
S. Insaf

Re: His Holiness Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin passes away

Unread post by S. Insaf » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:04 pm

18 Bohras killed to make Syedna's Death a National News
Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin Saheb died at 8 a.m. on 17th January 2014. His death was announced via SMS. A rumour was spread that Syedna would be buried in the night itself and Bohras were called to have the last glimpse (Deedar) of the Syedna was circulated via S.M.S. without consulting the police. Thus a huge frenzy crowd marched towards the Saifee Mahal where Syedna's body was kept.
The road to Saifee Mahal is narrow and there were cars parked on the side of the road. The police were unaware that the such a huge crowd would turn up in the night and therefore the measures taken were not adequate. The police were hopelessly outnumbered and failed to manage the crowds.
Normally when such crowds are expected the chief Minister and Home Minister held meetings to plan the funeral. But on that day both the ministers were not in Mumbai. The BMC chief insures that the road is free of hawkers and parked vehicles and installs mobile toilets along the route. No such arrangements were done.
"The incident took place at around 1.30 early morning when the gate of the Saifee Mahal was closed suddenly. The Bohras who had reached up to the gate of Saifee Mahal started going back. There no SMS to inform that the gate was closed so the incoming Bohras were unaware of closure of gate, they kept coming towards Saifee Mahal. Due to this many felt suffocated and later a stampede broke out, in which 18 innocent Bohras lost their life. This incident was widely hit the headlines of all national level newspapers and all TV channels.
Birth or death the Bohra priesthood always brings some political dignitary on every occasion to make the occasion National news. But this time even Chief Minister of Maharashtra was not available to brought to Syedna funeral, so how to get media attention for the death of religious head of microscopic community? 18 Bohras were made to loose their life.
Though the Bohra religious establishment never condoles the death of common Bohras, we, the reformist Bohras express our heartfelt condolence for the death of 18 innocent Bohras who died in this incident and pray for fast recovery of those who are injured.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:49 pm

zinger wrote:I also have news that many an Islamic country had its flag at half mast.
Save our souls: The half mast controversy

We have been getting a flurry of images depicting our country's and others' flags flowing at half mast due to the death of our beloved Aqa Maula, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin.

As always, not to be easily convinced, I decided to do a small research and check out the facts before accepting them.

It didn't take me long to get to the bottom of it all.

Let's take our Indian flag. No better proof than first hand information. I went to Mantralaya myself and got a few pics to prove my point. As expected, our flag was not flying half mast.

Wikipedia has clearly stated the conditions when the flag is flown half mast.

"The flag is flown half-mast nationwide on the death of the president, Vice-president or prime minister. It is flown half-mast in New Delhi and the state of origin for the Speaker of the Lok Sabha, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and Union Ministers. On deaths of Governors, Lt. Governors and Chief Ministers, the flag is flown at half-mast in the respective states and union territories."

Also, the picture that is being fluently forwarded by one and all depicting our Indian flag at half mast is actually dated 14th Aug 2012 at the death of former CM- Vilasrao Deshmukh ( Note the image of the bird flying in the right corner of the image).

To make matters worse, the US flag has also been shown at half mast.

"Wyoming Governor Mead has ordered the United States flag and State of Wyoming flag lowered to half-staff statewide from sunrise to sunset on Saturday, January 18, 2014 in honor of Chief Warrant Officer 3 Andrew L. McAdams who died serving our country in the line of duty in Afghanistan on Friday, January 10, 2014."

Enough is enough. I am not going to individually check all flags of various countries and the reasons for their half mast. If people love and are happy with false information, so be it. But I won't accept things lying down. I thought it was my duty to make the gullibles be aware of the facts. But I don't think, this will ever stop. And probably my work would also never end.

http://docbaldiknowhow.blogspot.in/2014 ... 0246251955

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:31 pm

true_bohra wrote:There was no vazarat sms sent for that. Your reporter is wrong. if it had then it would be received by all. But there was none.
Mismanagement by community leaders led to stampede outside Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin's residence: Police

"However, at about 9 PM yesterday, the leaders, without consulting us, began sending text messages saying followers were being allowed to have a glimpse of Syedna at his residence Saifi Mahal. After this, people from the city and its outskirts started gathering," the officer elaborated.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-m ... ce-1953176

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Pune youth loses life in Mumbai stampede

Aamir Kalolwala, a 29-year-old from Pune, who had come to Mumbai to witness the cremation of Dr Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, the spiritual head of the Dawoodi Bohra community, was among those who died in the stampede.

At least 18 persons were killed and several others injured as huge crowd moved and assembled towards the Malabar Hill home of Dr. Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin on Friday, ahead of the burial procession.

Aamir came to Mumbai with his cousins and father Abbas Kalolwala to get a ‘deedar’ of Dr Syedna. Aamir was working with a multinational company, stated his relative. His father managed to escape the melee with minor injuries.

"He was a very good boy, a bright boy," said Quaid Najmi, a relative of the deceased.

"He was a enthusaistic boy, full of life," added another relative Abdul Qader K.

The family would decide later in the day whether to conduct Aamir's last rites in Mumbai or Pune.

http://www.sakaaltimes.com/NewsDetails. ... 20stampede

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:03 pm

true_bohra wrote:There was no vazarat sms sent for that. Your reporter is wrong. if it had then it would be received by all. But there was none.
SMSes inviting Bohras to Syedna’s palace led to stampeding crowds

While the first SMS had asked the followers to stay away from the departed leader's house, a second sent at 9.50 pm extended an open invite.

The decision to allow the followers a last glimpse of the revered Syedna was SMSed to community members around 9.50 pm, reversing an earlier appeal to read the Quran at the nearest mosque and not visit the Syedna mansion.

Sources said the invite to visit the palace was sent without consulting the police, who were taken unawares by the sudden surge of crowds.

The trouble started when the community leaders shut the mansion at half-past-midnight and the frenzied crowds outside were asked to return home. This message, however, was not conveyed through SMSes and people kept pouring in, not allowing the crowd in the narrow lane outside the house to turn back.

Post-mortem reports revealed that a majority of the fatalities were caused by rib fractures and compression of vital organs.

A senior police officer said community leaders had made it very clear to him that the followers would not be given an opportunity on Friday to pay their last respects to the Syedna. "I had three meetings with the community's top leaders -- first at Saifee Masjid at 6 pm and then two more at the Saifee Mahal at 8.45 pm and 10.30 pm. On all three occasions, I was told no crowds will gather at the palace. I was taken aback when I saw large groups walking up Malabar Hill," said the officer requesting anonymity.

It took them close to four hours to make way for ambulances to enter the 20-feet road, which had vehicles parked on one side.

Initially, the number of dead in the stampede was quoted to be 18. But it later turned out that a 66-yearold man had collapsed because of exhaustion much before the stampede started. Shabbir Kantawala, a resident of Crawford Market, developed severe chest pain soon after he entered the lane with his son Hyder on Friday night. He was rushed to the nearby Cumballa Hill Hospital where the doctors declared him dead.

Read Full Article :-

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/cove ... 021455.cms

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:15 am

zinger wrote:
true_bohra wrote: There was no vazarat sms sent for that. Your reporter is wrong. if it had then it would be received by all. But there was none.

I see your double standards. If this was the situation with Asghar and a flag was wrapped, reformist would have gone crazy. I bet you would be the first GM.
Why cant a religious leaders janaza be draped with Tricolour. Dont you know there was more to it in paying respect, salute through gun fire and police band. Why dont you accept that there was something with Late Syedna RA which made all this.

But your conscious wont allow you to accept that.
Actually True Bohra bhai, the SMS about Daisy Gate is true. I had gotten that too,

And i agree on the other points. it is a classic case of grapes are sour / angoor khatte hain.

Face it GM bhai, Aqa Maula was buried with full state honours which included being draped in the national flag (an honour that is given to an incredible few) and 21-gun salute.

I also have news that many an Islamic country had its flag at half mast. I have no proof of it, but i have one of Pakistan's flag at half mast, which im sure you must have received too.

i do detect a huge amount of envy, jealousy and plain hatred that other than the reformists, Aqa Maula was looked up to, the world over

GM bhai, i have quite clearly written that i have no proof of other Islamic countries keeping their flags at half mast, but Pakistan, like i mentioned, did.
Read the link below

http://tribune.com.pk/story/660017/lead ... ad-at-102/

Just to save you the effort, it is the last 4 lines of the 2nd last para. This is so that you can skip all the rest, because reading it is likely going to pinch you again.

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:17 am

18 Bohras are killed and there is no news or condolence messages by SMS or any vazarat communication.
Is this is the value of mumenin!

In one of Audio posted on Udaipur visit forum it is been cursed who came with black cloths, and many a time bohras have cursed who wear black cloths. Here on janaza it is always a black cloth and it is said that it is compared with Kaba cloth. What a hypocrisies.

godmoney

Unread post by godmoney » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:19 pm

Businesses started in small town in gujrat like rajkot jamngar morbi etc where ppl r force to give money for jaman which wud b done in name of fatiya for 40 Days

Complusary pay 5000

If any ppl dnt come for this money paid food then lanaat is called upon him claiming he have started following mazoom

This ppl wont stop there business for a day

Muffy is too scares

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:02 pm

A fatwa is being sent by Amil of Surat, Muder (Saadubhai of Muffy) via text msgs to all bohras stating that there should be NO marriages for 40 days and if any of it were fixed beforehand then the money ought to have been spent on these marriages should be directed towards the coffers of the Shahi Bhikaris of Saifee Mahal !! Also Marathon fateha jamans will be held continuously for 40 days and the Shahi Bhikaris are approaching individual families with instructions to donate generously towards the "Noble cause" !!

Can someone tell him that as per Bohra customs, "Shog" (Grief) is to be observed for a maximum of 3 days after which there is a rasam of "Mu mithu karavu". If this universal custom adopted by bohras since decades which also has the stamp of approval from dawat is applicable to every bohra then why is there a different rule for the Dai ?? If so then are there any precedents in bohras history ??

And what about the "Mike phaadu" bayans during Mohurrum in which they clearly state that "Marriage" was performed even in the midst of the battle of Karbala wherein the near and dear ones were being martyred !! Is the Dai greater then the Shohada of Karbala ?? Is the message of Imam Hussain (a.s.) irrelevant ??

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:32 pm

From Houston Jamaat :-

Roti Making Update

Roti making for muminaat behno has been cancelled until further notice.

Zakeraat Program Postponed Indefinitely

This is to inform that Zakeraat Program for Muminaat Behno originally scheduled for Friday 23 Rabiul Awwal/24 January has been postponed indefinitely.

Khatmul Quran Al Karim majlis for forty days

Khatmul Quran Al Karim majlis for Syedna Al Muqaddas Fi Aala Illeyeen will be held every day for forty days at Mawaid.

As announced in yesterday's majlis, Khatmul Quran majlis will start at 7:00 PM. tonight (Monday 20th of January) followed by salwat jaman.

Starting tomorrow, Tuesday 20th of Rabiul Awwal (January 21st), salwat jaman will be served immediately after Maghrib and Isha namaz. Followed by Khatmul Quran majlis and sadaqallah.

All mumineen, muminaat, and farzando are given izan for salwat jaman for all forty days. Faiz Al Mawaid Al Burhaniyah thali will not be distributed during these days.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:57 pm

There is a farman from Surat Amil that a fleet of buses will leave tomorrow, 25th Jan for Mumbai for Ziarat of 52nd Dai. Mumenins are requested to register............. Charges Rs.300/- per person.

I think similar trips must have been arranged in other cities also. The bus operators must be having a gala time, hope kothar doesn't have a fleet of buses owned by some zaadas !

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:16 pm

Madrassa kids from Malad, Mumbai were asked to assemble at the markaz a few day back at 4 am early morning from where they would be taken for Ziarat for their late shafiq bawa, they were made to wait till almost 8 am without food after which they were transported to Bhendi Bazaar's Raudat Tahera !!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:20 pm

It is reported that Bohras of Mumbai have been asked to donate 1 Bakra per family for the upcoming chellum of the 52nd Dai and in lieu of which they would be charged Rs.2,500/-, it seems that Kandivli/Malad Jamat has already made the announcement.

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:53 pm

why don't Bohras just observe chellum in their own homes and save a goat's life and 2500 Rs?
Honestly, these cult leaders have no shame.
Trying to make a buck off the death of their own Dai.
I don't know if i should weep or laugh hysterically.

Bohra_by_birth

Unread post by Bohra_by_birth » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:26 am

Wow new found business on SMB's death!

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:40 am

This is a very embarrassing incident

A fellow Muslim who is from Delhi , who is a non bohra received messages of concern from non Muslims who read the media reports about SMS and SKQ, who could not understand that dawoodi Bohras are a small sect of Muslim , worried that 100 million Muslims in India are on verge of civil war when they read in the media that Bohras leadership is at war with another faction.

On further clarification the Muslim brother realised the issue was between Bohras .

He contacted me and was annoyed that Bohras as Muslims are giving media opportunity to negatively publicise political issues and dragging Muslims image, we agreed non Muslims can not distinguish between Bohras and Muslims .

He also commented the janaza processin on a truck with the Mansoos waving crows is not a Islamic method.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Earlier on this thread, many die hard abdes have defended SMS for taking the janaza in a truck duly draped in tricolours. Elders on this forum will recollect that during the funeral procession of Taher Saifuddin saab, his successor, Burhanuddin saab made sure that the janaza is carried on shoulders right from Saifee Mahal and upto Raudat Tahera, he even made it a point to go with the janaza walking and barefooted !!! He wasn't even wearing sunglasses like his son, SMS !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:59 pm

From Houston Jamat :-

Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin RA, and Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA Zikr and Ghilaf Stitching for Muminaat behno

Muminaat behno can participate in stitching of ghilaf for qabr mubarak, of Dai-al-Ajal Al Haiyal Muqadas Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin RA, and Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA. Zikr of both Moula RA, and ghilaf stitching will take place in Muwaid on Sunday Feb 9th at 11:00 AM.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:06 pm

FARMAN FROM HOUSTON JAMAT :-

All mumineen are occupied in ibadaaat during these 40 days as Dai-al-Ajal Al Haiyal Muqaddas Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin (RA) has departed to the abode of hazrat imamiyah nooraniya imam uz zamaan AS.

It is the farmaane aali of Al Daial Ajal Syedna wa Moulana Aali Qadr Mufaddal Saifuddin (TUS) for all mumineen to do ziyarat of Al Haiyal Muqadas Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin (RA) in Mumbai during these 40 days.

1. Anjuman-e-Shujaee, Houston, Inc. is doing its utmost to assist mumineen seeking visas for travel to India during these days.

2. As noted by Counsel General P. Harish last week when he gave condolences on behalf of the Government of India, we must follow their procedures.

3. It is imperative that all mumineen seeking visas must provide their utmost cooperation to Anjuman-e-Shujaee and the Consulate General of India (Houston) (“CGI-Houston”), in particular:

o • Given current geopolitical situations, CGI-Houston and its authorized visa agent (BLS) have instituted certain procedures for visa applicants. These regulations are applicable to all applicants here (and may differ from other Indian missions).

o • CGI-Houston’s jurisdiction covers persons actually residing (with verifiable proof) in the following states only: Texas, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Mexico and Oklahoma. Other Indian missions handle consular services for persons living outside of these states.

o • Anjuman-e-Shujaee, Houston, Inc. has not authorized any agents to process applications for mumineen.

o • We will communicate a formal internal process for our visa applications (through the jamaat), especially for meeqats during the year.

o • our continued support will enable other mumineen to do deedar of our Aqa Moula (TUS) and ziyarat of Duat ul Mutleqeen and Hudood Fozallah.

AgnosticIndian

Windfall for Aamil

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:56 pm

The forty days khatmul Quran with Jaman and misaq majlis is getting the Aamil windfall gains.

Where I am, I heard Aamil is demanding 1400 for Jaman no salam. 1400x40= 56000.

This Aamil made misaq Ramzan center wise and in one center he collected 27,000 for coming to take misaq like he is doing a favor and then happily took Salam from those who gave their misaq.

Bohra spring

Re: Windfall for Aamil

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:51 am

Kothar being corrupt themselves , allow or turn a blind eye to Amils little corruption. Amils are civil servants ..they are the most loyal subjects who are not a threat to Kothar or Kasre Ali as they have no leadership aspirations .

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:19 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:It is reported that Bohras of Mumbai have been asked to donate 1 Bakra per family for the upcoming chellum of the 52nd Dai and in lieu of which they would be charged Rs.2,500/-, it seems that Kandivli/Malad Jamat has already made the announcement.
now this announcement is dripping with cruel irony. how can abdes who are 'bakras' themselves being slaughtered 24/7, be asked to donate a 'bakra'????

its like demanding from a zabeehat bakra about to be sacrificed with a knife at its throat, to bring another bakra pronto.

why dont the gullible and spineless abde bakras donate themselves and willingly throw themselves onto mb's funeral pyre a' la the sati's of yore?

a few die-hard defenders of the kothar and the late smb come to mind here - adam, gulf, zinger, profastian, propig, profrog etc. c'mon guys, donate your bodies for sacrifice and let them make jootis out of your khaals as you have sung lustily these past few decades. maybe we will buy a pair or 2 of these jootis, irrespective of the price demanded by the wily 53rd.

scared

Unread post by scared » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:37 pm

What would be fantastic is if each Mumbai bohra family were to take a live bakra to saifee mahal and tie it to the door over there. Imagine what a great picture that would make.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:04 pm

scared wrote:What would be fantastic is if each Mumbai bohra family were to take a live bakra to saifee mahal and tie it to the door over there. Imagine what a great picture that would make.
no need to tie live bakras outside saifee palace. didnt you see the thousands of bleating abde bakras outside saifee palace when smb died? out of which some 18 were cruelly crushed to death? didnt you see the 70-80 thousand abde bakras weeping and banging their chests in the janaaza juloos?

scared

Unread post by scared » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Well, 52 had them tie their hands together, I am sure 53 can get them to come on all fours. And then the transformation from abde bohra to abde bakra will be complete.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:18 pm

One bakra or a thousand bakras but the "Kasai" remains the same !!