His Holiness Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin passes away

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
humanbeing

Re: His Holiness Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin passes away

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:23 am

انا لله وانا اليه راجعون

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:52 am

Today I swallowed my pride, softened my heart and attended the dafan commemoration to show respect, in the city I reside, keeping political issues aside, as Muslim, Society citizen, Bohra, relative of Bohra extended family who lost their beloved leader. Today is a day we can be united under sorrow and grief.

bohri

Unread post by bohri » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:57 am

A life as long as that cannot be mourned. As a reformist, I acknowledge and pray for his peace. I feel no sorrow or grief, but do worry about our fellow brothers and sisters under the reign of one worse than him. Mr.Muffadal is off to a signature start with his dictate to keep all businesses shut for 3 days. Should mourning be imposed and forced upon a people? How sincere is that grief? And how disrespectful to the deceased?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:55 am

The marketing team of Muffy Mola running the 'Mojiza' factory has started churning out mojizas immdtly after his father's death.......................... A msg is being circulated which claims that "Water has started oozing out from Ujjain and Burhanpur rozas".

questions

Unread post by questions » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:43 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/syedna-moh ... -1.2501737

Inna Lillah wa inna illayhee rajeoon for all dead people, but these poor souls will get no importance at all.

think

Unread post by think » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:55 pm

water also gushing in london masjid and roze tahira.
the worst is water gushing from ground where masjid was to be built in atlanta.The water table is high and construction has stopped.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Watsup msg :-

People who lost their lives in the stampede :

Hussain Saifudin Saifee 23
Hakimuddin Kurajiwala 28
Amir Katolwala 29
Abidali Pota 34
Shabbir Sadriwala 38
Najmudin Kapadwala 38
Shabbir Kanba 47
Badrudin Rangoonwala 46
Taher Thanawala 49
Yusuf Lokhandwala 50
Shabbir Yusufali 60
Mohammed Chinikamwala 58
Abbasbhai Rasoolji 65
Mustali Umrethwala 65
Saifudin Sapatwala 74
Hussain Jawadwala 15
Taher Bootwala 15.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Br. GM
It seems you really do have a great inside contacts. You posted the stampede video on this forum before it was made public, even though it was unconfirmed but it was on this website I learned before I saw on NDTV. The other pictures of Syenda's body are also posted here first
Kudos to you............

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:48 pm

May Aqa Rest In Peace... London Jamaat has been packed this last couple of days... even though we all knew it was coming, it's still a huge shock to the system.

I must say though... I'm very impressed - I thought half the people here would be jumping for joy and talking ill of the man... maybe even dragging up ridiculous conspiracies about him having really died years ago. (Then again, maybe some of you did, but Admin deleted the posts...)

2014 is going to be a very interesting year for the DB community... I wonder if things will get worse now, or whether they will get better... we shall soon find out...

Reporter

Unread post by Reporter » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:21 am

The demise of Sayedna saheb was received with great sadness by the reformist community across the world. In Udaipur reformists have declared three-day mourning, and all shops and businesses will remain closed during that period. A Quran khawani and fatiha majlis was held in various masjids and a community-wide fateha nayaz was held today.

askz

stampede today in mumbai following the death of syedna

Unread post by askz » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:17 am

At least 18 people were killed and 56 others injured in a stampede that broke out early on Saturday near the Mumbai residence of the spiritual leader of Dawoodi Bohras Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, who died on Friday, police said.

According to police and BMC Disaster Control officials, the stampede took place around 1.30am as thousands of mourners converged near Saifi Mahal behind chief minister's bungalow Varsha at Malabar Hill, where the Syedna's body was kept for people to pay their last respects.

Most of the injured people were taken to Saifi Hospital where 17 people, including two children, were declared dead. One person died in Cumballa Hill Hospital.

At least 20 people, who suffered injuries, were treated and allowed to go, while another three have been admitted for treatment, BMC Disaster Control said.

Sadanand Date, joint commissioner of police (law and order) confirmed the death of 18 people in the incident.

"The incident took place at around 1.30am when the gate of the Saifi Mahal was closed for last glimpse, but followers kept coming outside the bungalow. Due to this many felt suffocated and later a stampede broke out," said Krishna Prakash, additional commissioner of police (south region).

The cause of the stampede is not clear but police officials say death toll may rise.

Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin died following a cardiac arrest on Friday. He was 102 and his funeral is scheduled later this morning in Bhendi Bazaar in south Mumbai.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:16 pm

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN THE JANAZA OF ANY ISLAMIC SPIRITUAL LEADER BEING COVERED WITH A COUNTRY'S NATIONAL FLAG ?? ITS ALWAYS COVERED WITH A GREEN CLOTH WITH EITHER THE KALIMA OR QURANIC AYAT WRITTEN ON IT !! THIS IS ONE MORE "LEGACY" OF THE 52ND DAI !!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x7 ... 1/byls.png[/img]

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Watsup msg :-

It is so sorry to inform that after the stampede, Shiate Ali and kothar has not helped the deceased family even 1%.

Many young people died, many only working member of the family died including many senior citizens. There was no helping hand offered by kothar.

People waited endless hours at J.J. morgue to claim the mayyat. No member from kothar visited the hospital to console and smoothen the procedure to claim the mayyat. Only 2 or 3 Mulla saabs were given raza for ghusul of several mayyats which lengthened the sipara. All family members were expecting a common janaza namaz from someone from kothar.

And after what has happened due to negligence of Shiate Ali even DAFAN NA PAISA LIDHA CHE. Mumin did not want jaga free but atleast some monetary concession. But sorry no support from that end too.

Plane crash, train accident ma bhi victims ne concession male che but when it comes to dawoodi bohras bas paisa laav paisa laav. Shiate Ali and kothar could have managed the deceased as kind of support but sorry momin ni fikar hote toh karte ne.....

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:09 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN THE JANAZA OF ANY ISLAMIC SPIRITUAL LEADER BEING COVERED WITH A COUNTRY'S NATIONAL FLAG ?? ITS ALWAYS COVERED WITH A GREEN CLOTH WITH EITHER THE KALIMA OR QURANIC AYAT WRITTEN ON IT !! THIS IS ONE MORE "LEGACY" OF THE 52ND DAI !!
GM
In my personal opinion, above comment is irrelevant. Making a issue of nothing. I see no wrong in country’s flag.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:32 am

humanbeing wrote:GMIn my personal opinion, above comment is irrelevant. Making a issue of nothing. I see no wrong in country’s flag.
It looks more like a politicians Janaza rather then that of a so called spiritual religious leader !! BTW Even the janaza of the 51st Dai was not draped in tricolours. And yes every action of a so called Islamic leader is subject to scrutiny because he represents a huge group of people and his actions reflect on his followers.

I don't want to sound like a Taliban by putting on stringent views but this surely is a serious issue especially considering the current volatile situation. Tell me, how many Muslim Janazas have you seen covered with flags ? Is it OK if an American muslim prefers the US flag or an Israeli Muslim preferring the Israeli flag on his Janaza ?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:23 am

Watsup msg:-

The Daisy Lane stampede fiasco happened in front of my eyes. I was waiting for 3 hours after praying maghrib namaz in the lane. Only 5 to 6 Burhani Guards present outside at the small gate, utterly failed to understand the situation which was slowly getting out of control due to 3 reasons.

1) Al Vazarat SMS was sent to all mumins that Daisy lane is the entry point for last Deedar.

2) Burhani guards had no clue how to arrange the large crowd of grief stricken mumenin, since there was no co-ordination between them. All their top Commanders were inside Saifee Mahal. They utterly failed in performing their duties and left the low ranked inexperienced guards without proper instructions or Security aids like Barricades, rope, loudspeakers public address systems, first aid or medical emergency staff.

3) The Burhani guards opened the small door for small groups of influential people or their friends and relatives only and closed the doors even when the gathered impatient crowd started pushing us in queue and stampede ensured.

I and many others who were waiting in line peacefully were crushed against the walls on both sides while the Burhani guards locked themselves inside and watched helplessly. They should have called for extra reinforcements and police to control the deteriorating situation and failed to announce to the public not to use the Daisy lane entry point. If they had timely sent SMS about the worst scenario, many people women and children would have desisted from coming to walkeshwar and further deaths at both the points could have been avoided.

The Commanders of Burhani Guards should accept their Moral responsibility for the demise of the 18 Mumenin and many injured and should resign from their post...

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:32 pm

When looking for security personnel it makes sense to go to a gym. These dadhiwala patoo are not trainable for anything but jaman.

It breaks my heart to hear about two boys aged 15 for loosing their lives. They were just kids, did not know better. The rest were of the age to know better. Actually none should have died, somebody dropped the ball and should be accountable.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:51 pm

There are some rumours floating in Bohra circles that the body of the Dai was kept on Ice. If true then this raises questions with regard to the timing of his death and also that there was a fear of the body getting decomposed. Allah (swt) knows the truth !!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:19 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:There are some rumours floating in Bohra circles that the body of the Dai was kept on Ice. If true then this raises questions with regard to the timing of his death and also that there was a fear of the body getting decomposed. Allah (swt) knows the truth !!
No I think it may have been done so they can declare he died on FRIDAY- for many Abdes that is a good omen

think

Unread post by think » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:15 pm

another message being circulated. 01-17-2014 makes 52. so he is haq na dai. they are good at playing the numbers game. Palmist who deduce by numbers would add 1+ 8+ 2+ 5 = 16 and that again equals 1+ 6 = 7. as the number for the marhoom syedna.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:28 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:Watsup msg:-

The Daisy Lane stampede fiasco happened in front of my eyes. I was waiting for 3 hours after praying maghrib namaz in the lane. Only 5 to 6 Burhani Guards present outside at the small gate, utterly failed to understand the situation which was slowly getting out of control due to 3 reasons.

1) Al Vazarat SMS was sent to all mumins that Daisy lane is the entry point for last Deedar.

2) Burhani guards had no clue how to arrange the large crowd of grief stricken mumenin, since there was no co-ordination between them. All their top Commanders were inside Saifee Mahal. They utterly failed in performing their duties and left the low ranked inexperienced guards without proper instructions or Security aids like Barricades, rope, loudspeakers public address systems, first aid or medical emergency staff.

3) The Burhani guards opened the small door for small groups of influential people or their friends and relatives only and closed the doors even when the gathered impatient crowd started pushing us in queue and stampede ensured.

I and many others who were waiting in line peacefully were crushed against the walls on both sides while the Burhani guards locked themselves inside and watched helplessly. They should have called for extra reinforcements and police to control the deteriorating situation and failed to announce to the public not to use the Daisy lane entry point. If they had timely sent SMS about the worst scenario, many people women and children would have desisted from coming to walkeshwar and further deaths at both the points could have been avoided.

The Commanders of Burhani Guards should accept their Moral responsibility for the demise of the 18 Mumenin and many injured and should resign from their post...
There was no vazarat sms sent for that. Your reporter is wrong. if it had then it would be received by all. But there was none.

I see your double standards. If this was the situation with Asghar and a flag was wrapped, reformist would have gone crazy. I bet you would be the first GM.
Why cant a religious leaders janaza be draped with Tricolour. Dont you know there was more to it in paying respect, salute through gun fire and police band. Why dont you accept that there was something with Late Syedna RA which made all this.

But your conscious wont allow you to accept that.

Muslim First

Re: Khuzema bhaisaheb Qutbuddin is 53rd dai

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:14 am

Saifee Mahal stampede probe goes to crime branch
http://indianexpress.com/article/cities ... me-branch/

blue

Unread post by blue » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:25 am

If one is regularly watching live relays and videos of late sayyedna, he will observe the change in the behaviour of dr. moiz bhai for the last two years. till sayedna was able to speak he would be seen standing in very humble manner but just observe his body language after the so called london nass , he looks very arrogant , full of confidence.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:47 am

true_bohra wrote:
ghulam muhammed wrote:Watsup msg:-

There was no vazarat sms sent for that. Your reporter is wrong. if it had then it would be received by all. But there was none.

I see your double standards. If this was the situation with Asghar and a flag was wrapped, reformist would have gone crazy. I bet you would be the first GM.
Why cant a religious leaders janaza be draped with Tricolour. Dont you know there was more to it in paying respect, salute through gun fire and police band. Why dont you accept that there was something with Late Syedna RA which made all this.

But your conscious wont allow you to accept that.
Actually True Bohra bhai, the SMS about Daisy Gate is true. I had gotten that too,

And i agree on the other points. it is a classic case of grapes are sour / angoor khatte hain.

Face it GM bhai, Aqa Maula was buried with full state honours which included being draped in the national flag (an honour that is given to an incredible few) and 21-gun salute.

I also have news that many an Islamic country had its flag at half mast. I have no proof of it, but i have one of Pakistan's flag at half mast, which im sure you must have received too.

i do detect a huge amount of envy, jealousy and plain hatred that other than the reformists, Aqa Maula was looked up to, the world over

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am

i do detect a huge amount of envy, jealousy and plain hatred that other than the reformists, Aqa Maula was looked up to, the world over
What a bunch of idiots you people are. Aqa Maula wasn't even looked upto by his own family. They were waiting for him to kick the bucket. Infact, his son didn't even wait for that. And your Aqa Maula probably knew all this. He probably promised nass to a dozen other people during his lifetime. He didn't want anyone revolting against him. They were all salivating at the prospect of him departing.

1400 years of hatred reaps benefits. You had to apologize for cursing the sahaba of the prophet (saw) but, no one is going to be apologizing for the cursing of one of your own!!!

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Zinger,

Aga Khan is looked up to, the world over .......... so?? Have you not heard of money and power and vote bank??

Lanats and cursing is part of bohra upbringing ......... it is on hate they thrive ...........

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Face it GM bhai, Aqa Maula was buried with full state honours which included being draped in the national flag (an honour that is given to an incredible few) and 21-gun salute.
Thank you Zinger for clarifying.
The black cloth on the Janaza is actually "Kiswah" (cloth) of the Ka'bah, it is more clear in other pictures.

It was a state funeral, and because Syedna himself was an Indian Citizen, passed away in India, the CM organized a state funeral and arranged protocol for the Janaza.