Can A Muslim Be Buried Next To A Non-Muslim ?

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
ghulam muhammed

Can A Muslim Be Buried Next To A Non-Muslim ?

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Can a Muslim be buried next to a non-Muslim?

My father-in-law, Abdullah Khadim Husain or ‘Abbu’ as we called him, suddenly died of heart failure a couple of months ago while visiting one of his children in Virginia. Although he did have a history of heart disease, he was apparently in good health, which is why his demise came as a total shock.

Since most of his children now reside in the US, it was decided to bury him at the National Memorial Park in Falls Church, Virginia instead of taking the body back to Pakistan, and so the burial arrangements were made. The question, however, came up as to what section of the cemetery should be used as his grave site as there were designated sections for Muslims, Christians, Buddhists etcetera and an ‘inter-faith’ section where deceased of all faiths are buried. My mother-in-law chose the inter-faith section.

None of us were ready for the agony that this innocent decision was going to bring about.

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/23408 ... on-muslim/

JavedhJuma

Re: Can A Muslim Be Buried Next To A Non-Muslim ?

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Brother GM.

Heartfelt condolences on your loss.

Your mother-in-law has more "Aql" than that ignorant cleric. What the heck is he doing on non-Muslim land.

First of all, the land he stands on is non-Muslim, period. So why is he there. Just because Muslims are buried there does not mean the land belongs to Muslims. They may have bought the land for Muslim burial but if a non-Muslim wants to be buried there, and the family is willing to pay for the land, the cleric cannot say "no". It would be a poor reflection of his faith. It is USA and not some primitive cleric's land. USA should throw these ignorant b.....s out of the USA. They are the root cause of all the evils happening around the world.

They think they are Muslims but in effect they are Jahils. They have no faith, no religion. They are a disgrace to Islam.

Sometimes these people have no shame. Even in this day and age and in USA, they have the guts to practice
their ignorance and bring disgrace to other Muslims.

Kudos to your mother-in-law and her family for taking a brave stand.

May Allah SWT rest the soul of the deceased in eternal peace, Ameen.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:42 am

Javedh

Use your brain

A. .Marhum is not GM's relative
B. Cemetery in Virginia has Muslim burial section
C. Inter faith section graves are not properly oriented. ( Being Mushrik you will not know that)
D. Family should not get p.d off if Imam does not want to officiate burial. That is his choice.
E. Any learned Muslim can supervise burial and say Dua afterwords. There are books and article on internate.
F. It does not make difference to Marhum.

I do know when Aga Khani dies he comes to Our Islamic center to buy plot in Islamic section we own. Pipe down

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:53 pm

For Javedh

ISLAMIC FUNERAL

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_funeral

Note this part
The grave should be aligned perpendicular to the Qibla (i.e. Mecca). The body is placed in the grave without a casket, lying on its right side, and facing the Qibla.[11] Grave markers should be raised only up to a maximum of 30 centimetres (12 in) above the ground. Thus Grave markers are simple, because outwardly lavish displays are discouraged in Islam. Many times graves may even be unmarked, or marked only with a simple wreath. However, it is becoming more common for family members to erect grave monuments.
As a Aga Khani you do not care about facing qibla and so do Mushrik.

One should and especially family should not create controversy just to make statements and just to earn browny points.
May Allah give Marhoom place in Jannah.

JavedhJuma

Unread post by JavedhJuma » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:41 pm

[quote] Use your brain

A. .Marhum is not GM's relativeYou are right brother, he is not GM's relative. I jumped the gun because I did not read the article in news paper.

B. Cemetery in Virginia has Muslim burial section So? If the Muslim family wants to bury their beloved in interfaith cemetery, what is wrong? Where does it say in Qur'an Muslims should be buried in Muslim cemetery only. As long as Muslim rites are observed, I do not see anything wrong. Only ignorant people, who do not know much about Islam, have problem. And that includes you!

C. Inter faith section graves are not properly oriented. ( Being Mushrik you will not know that) You know in your heart that that is not true. The person was buried according Muslim rites. Please read: Family members scrambled to find the right readings and rituals, and somehow we managed just fine. If you think the person was not buried facing the Qibla (muslim oriented), then what difference does it make to the dead. Allah SWT says: "Withersoever you turn, there is face of Allah". Your deeds are going to be with you when you go to meet your maker. Try to be a good person for a change instead of calling people Kafirs, Mushriks, etc. because they do not follow your version of Islam.

Bukhari: Thabit bin Adahhak narated:...And whoever accuses a believer of disbelief then it is as if he killed him"

D. Family should not get p.d. off if imam does not want to officiate the burial. that is his choice.

Read again brother. The idiot cleric was contracted to bury Marhoom, and he should have told them he would not be able to officiate the ceremony instead of doing so at the last minute. Besides, as a Muslim imam, he had to be humble and respect the family's wishes.If anybody is going to hell, then it is this idiot, refusing rites to a dead Muslim. Kudos to the family! they stood the ground because they managed to bury their dead in the end, without this idiot and they even saved money which they can donate in the name of Mahroom to their charity, be it Muslim or interfaith. Allah SWT knows no discrimation..

What the cleric did was un-Islamic and what the family did was truly Islamic. There is no bigotry in Islam but it is created by Mushriks , who know nothing about Islam! What am I doing arguing with you, afterall you are an empty vessel inside and out.

As Muslims they managed, didn't they? What do your bigots do? Like you they shout at believing Muslims as Mushriks. They know nothing about Islam. Look at what your Aboos do in the Middle East. They decapitate bodies of Muslims and spit on them... and do all sorts of mushrik things. A dead body is to be respected, be it Muslims' or non-Muslims. This is what my Islam teaches,. your interpretation of Islam is far from what was taught by the Prophet SAW. Thabait bin Adahhak narated Prophet SAW said: ...And who evever accuses a believer of disbelief, then it is as if he killed him. How many Ismailis and other Shais on this forum have you killed, brother with your virulent language??

F. It does not make difference to Marhoom.

Thank you, so why this stupid argument and fitnah and hatred.

I do know when Aga Khani dies he comes to Our Islamic center to buy plot in Islamic section we own. Pipe down

Big deal brother! Where you live may be our community is small, because wherever we are ,we always have our plots. Also wherever we are in large numbers and there are a few of you , we do bury yours too. This is called Islamic brotherhood. No humanbeing should be deprieved of his/her burial rites!No last minute wrangling. I swear upon Qur'an, we buried yourMuslimah in our cemetery because she could not afford a plot in yours. We never refuse a dead his/her burial be it Muslim or non-Muslim. In the case of Muslimah, family wanted to do gussal by their own Sunni-Muslim community. Again they demanded money, so we ended up doing that too. We also arranged for their fateha food and whatever else they needed. Our volunteers were at their service.

Now, my question for you: Why do your priests ask for money to officiate marriage ceremonies. We do them free. Why do your people ask for money for burial, goosal, etc. In our casse we have a system in place and we have to pay yearly amount per family, nothing more than 150 dollars! That includes your children under 21 years of age.. If people do not want to pay and if they die, we bury them, nevertheless. If your family is abroad and you die in another country we even ship the body as per your family's request. No Muslim/no human being should suffer at this tragic time.

Islam is compassonate, and loves everybody irrespective of religious affilations ; it promotes brotherhood and unity among mankind and all of Allah's creation. Islam believes in sharing and acknowleges all religions. This is Islam. These are ethical principles of Islam.What you are teaching is paganism! Get yourself together, sooner the better, because you never know when your time will come up and in what circumstances. Why don't you serve your soul? It is not too late. Get rid of bigotry and hatred. Mind your own business .... and stop acting like holier than thou! A leopard never changes its spots. At least I tried.