An Islamic Treatise on the Necessity of the Imamate

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
anajmi

Re: An Islamic Treatise on the Necessity of the Imamate

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:24 pm

He did not start those wars. Enemies started them.
Hmmmm. So if the enemies starts a war, it is ok to fight in it and yet you have a problem with the hadith Muslim First quoted which says
Whoever observes something wrong should change it with his hands.
Where the condition is "Whoever observes something wrong should change it"!!

Well, I am glad my understanding of the life of the prophet (saw) is not the same as yours.
So before Islam there were other religions
This displays your lack of understanding of Islam and the Quran. In the Quran Allah clearly mentions that the prophets brought no religion other than Islam. You might want to read it again.

People love to give the example of this lady who threw garbage on him but for some reason never mention the punishment doled out to those who betrayed the muslims during the battle of the trench. The prophet (saw) was just. He punished where he needed to and tolerated where he needed to.

It is time for you to ditch the fairy tales written by 12er shias and pick up some books that throw light on the truth.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Having said that, any Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Jew, Budhist, Sufi, etc. can go to Jannah with good Amals,
More nonsense that is completely contradicting the Quran. Good deeds without faith are of no use in the hereafter. You might get recompense here but there is nothing for the faithless in the hereafter. Read the Quran. If anyone can go to jannah with good Amals then why was the prophet (saw) wasting his time teaching tawheed to people?

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 pm

The coming of the Imam is from hadith. Quran doesn't talk about the coming of any Imam.

Which Hadeeth is that?
And you accept that belief?
As mentioned by you that this Imam will be from the Progeny of Moulatena Fatema, how would you verify this Imam? (If you feel this should go on another thread, please take it there).

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:07 pm

I have said this before. When the Imam comes, my Dai Futlak will climb onto the roof of his house and point in the direction from which this Imam is going to come. People will then start moving in that direction. A lightning bolt will then come from the skies even though they will be clear and evaporate one of the people. The person standing to the right of this person will be the Imam. We will then take a blood sample from this Imam and compare it with the DNA of Aga Khan who also claims to be from the progeny of the prophet. We will have a match and we will have our Imam.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:57 am

Muslim First wrote:
A very nice thought. I frankly didn't know you were of this belief.

Adam Bhai Saheb
I thought you were smart enough to figure out.
How can he figure it out, if anajmi's bosom body says that "technically there is no progeny of Mohammad"

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Mn
I like this prayer...
Then show it to your Aamil, Your Maulana, his Mansoos and other kiddos.
Tell them this is Prophet's way (Sunna) everything else is Innovation (Bida)

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:00 pm

MN
Adam said there is one God. Noah said there is one God. Abraham said there is one God. Moses said there is one God. Jesus said there is one God. Muhammad said there is one God.

They all said the same thing, THERE IS JUST ONE GOD and this God will take care of His followers, all of them, IRRESEPCTIVE OF THEIR RELIGION
If Adam said there is one God. then why did Allah had to send Abraham?
If Abraham said there is one God.then why did Allah had to send Moses?
If Moses said there is one God.then why did Allah had to send Jesus?
If Jesuss said there is one God.then why did Allah had to send Muhammad?

And why did we need Imams?
If we needed Imam then why is he Gaib for Ithna Sharis?
If we needed Imam then why is he Hiding for Islamilies?
Why Allah did not keep one line of true Imams from father to son?
How does Giab Imam lead Ithnas?
How does your Imam lead you from hiding?
They all said the same thing, THERE IS JUST ONE GOD and this God will take care of His followers, all of them, IRRESEPCTIVE OF THEIR RELIGION
So why dont you just believe in God, be good and he will take care of you, Right?
So why are you westing your time being a slave of a human being and his kids who in the name of religion are screwing royally.
What is your core belief?
Are you a plain Muslim or Islmaili Mustali Dawoodi Bohra?

Brother
You seems to be all over but you are like Dholki of nav(9) Taal

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:13 pm

Why we need God.No pun intended

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:53 pm

We need God to send the believers to heaven and the disbelievers to hell.

Hanif

Unread post by Hanif » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm

MF:
And none of them follow Qur'an and Sunna faithfully. Is there anything wrong in following path of Prophet and Hz Ali faithfully? Both were Muslims and not Ismaili Bohra Muslim or Nizari Muslim or Druz.

Talibans, Al-Qaeda, and their brothers in Pakistan, in Saudi Arabia, etc. all claim to follow the Qur'an and Sunnah of the Prophet but don't seem to get anywhere. The furthest they can go is into caves. Now does the Sunnah of Prophet SAW and the Qur'an teach what Talibans preach? They always shout that the Hazaras (Shias) in Afghanistan and Shias in Pakistan are not following the Sunna of the Prophet SAW and the Qur'an. And so they try to correct them by killing them. Fits to a T to the hadith you quoted earlier and which you ascribed to the Prophet SAW. Please quote me an ayah from the Qur'an wherein it says that women should be left ignorant and they should not go to school? Where does it say in the Qur'an that infant girls should be killed! Or a Christian boy who drinks water from the faucet of the Masjid, should be killed. These are the people who call themselves Sunni Musalman.
Please stop talking about the Sunnah of the Prophet SAW and the Qur'an and kindly do not give twists to your rants just the way Ibn-Ishaq gave the twist to the Gospel.

By the way this is what the Qur'an says about the coming of Jesus Christ in the Bible: And remember, Jesus, the Son of Mary, said "O children of Israel! I am the apostle of god (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad but when he came to them with clear signs they said, This is evident sorcery!"

So how did Ibn Isshaq get the name Mannamann???? Couldn't he have just referred to the Qur'an?

And you ask me to read his Sirat?? A scholar like him did not know what was in the Qur'an???

This is what happens when you have no leader! Blind leading the Blind!

Hanif

Unread post by Hanif » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:06 pm

MF:
Ziyarat of Hazarat Abu Bakar RA and Hazarat Umar RA is not required.Even Ziyarat of Prophet SAW is not requred.

It is recommended that you visit Prophet's Mosque if you can afford it.

So why are the makabaras there? For show? Isn't that bidat according to your belief? And who are those people reciting Fateha's at those kabars? They are definitely not Shias

I believe you are going for Umra soon. I am sure you will visit the Prophet's Masjid. So if you see anybody offering Fatehas at the sahabas makabaras, Call them out and use the hadith you quoted to the best! That is your God given right! Exercise it to the fullest!

Hanif

Unread post by Hanif » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Anajmi
I have said this before. When the Imam comes, my Dai Futlak will climb onto the roof of his house and point in the direction from which this Imam is going to come. People will then start moving in that direction. A lightning bolt will then come from the skies even though they will be clear and evaporate one of the people. The person standing to the right of this person will be the Imam. We will then take a blood sample from this Imam and compare it with the DNA of Aga Khan who also claims to be from the progeny of the prophet. We will have a match and we will have our Imam.
Nice COP out!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Please stop talking about the Sunnah of the Prophet SAW
And we should stop talking about the Sunnah of the prophet (saw) because the Taliban decides to kill innocents? What kind of idiotic logic is that? If anything, we should talk more about the Sunnah of the prophet (saw) and less about fairy tales.
And so they try to correct them by killing them. Fits to a T to the hadith you quoted earlier and which you ascribed to the Prophet SAW.
Nowhere does the hadith advocate the killing of innocents. You should be ashamed of yourself. After all your learning of different religions, you remain just as ignorant as the Taliban.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Hanif wrote:Anajmi
Nice COP out!
Thank you for understanding my response. After all that reading that you have done, I expected this from you.

Hanif

Unread post by Hanif » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Anajmi:
Where the condition is "Whoever observes something wrong should change it"!!

Well, I am glad my understanding of the life of the prophet (saw) is not the same as yours.

There is a difference between DEFENDING ONESELF and CHANGING SOMEBODY1

You are damn right! I agree 100%

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:17 pm

There is a difference between DEFENDING ONESELF and CHANGING SOMEBODY1
Correct. Cowards, when they see something wrong, think about defending themselves. The true followers of the prophet (saw), when they see something wrong, they decide to change it, either with their hands, their tongues or their thoughts.

Hanif

Unread post by Hanif » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Anajmi:
This displays your lack of understanding of Islam and the Quran. In the Quran Allah clearly mentions that the prophets brought no religion other than Islam. You might want to read it again.
Since creation Allah's religion was and is Islam=Peace. All Prophets who came taught Peace! They were sent to other nations where they taught Message of Peace to their people in their own languages! Once their Prophets SAW passed away they created bidats or fought wars, etc. Asahabas did not even bury the Prophet and instead started the power struggle! So much for the religion of Islam.

Look at the history of Islam! Prophet passed away and what happened Jahaliyat reigned in!

Infact, Islam has become the most "un-peaceful" religion on earth! No other religion is as much hated as Islam!

Qur'an talks about the second coming of Jesus and yet Muslims kill Christians! Go figure!

Hanif

Unread post by Hanif » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:41 pm

More nonsense that is completely contradicting the Quran. Good deeds without faith are of no use in the hereafter. You might get recompense here but there is nothing for the faithless in the hereafter. Read the Quran. If anyone can go to jannah with good Amals then why was the prophet (saw) wasting his time teaching tawheed to people?anajmi

Private message
According to you faithless means no belief in Islam of your version!

Prophet was not wasting his time teaching tawheed! This has been the message of all the Prophets. Again Islam was the religion of all Prophets. However, at the time of the Prophet SAW, there were jahaliyas who worshipped idols!

No sooner the Prophet left, they returned to their original status of jahaliyat. Idol worshipping has been replaced by killing in the name of Islam. What peaceful religion teaches this?

However, those whom you believe to be destined to hell are more peaceful than your people. And Allah SWT will decide who goes to Jannah and who goes to hell. Not you.

Hanif

Unread post by Hanif » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:54 pm

MF:
If you do not want other Muslims to participate in debate about Imamat/Imam then who you are trying to convince with your first post of this thread?
I am not trying to convince "other" Muslims or any Muslims. This doctrine applies to those Who believe in Imams and Imamat.

Nowhere have I said I do not want other Muslims to participate in the debate about Imamat/Imam. You do not have an Imam and your belief is you do not need an Imam, and I respect that, so why should I bang my head with you? Unlike you guys I do not believe in forcing my beliefs on others!

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Hanif
So why are the makabaras there? For show? Isn't that bidat according to your belief? And who are those people reciting Fateha's at those kabars? They are definitely not Shias
The area with Golden Jaali used to be Bibi Fatima’s chamber.

Prophet was buried there since Prophets are buried at same place where thy die. Later Hzs Abu Bakar and Umar were buried there. Graves are there because these people were buried there. There are some people are following Sunna of Prophet regarding antiquate of visiting graves.
There are Shias cursing 2 under their breath, (They dare not curse openly otherwise Saudi Gaurds will kick their behind) and there are some ignorants trying to touch Jaali and beg for favors. (Guards try to fend them off)

Following is Hadith -How graves looked like
Narrated Al-Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn AbuBakr
I said to Aisha! Mother, show me the grave of the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) and his two Companions (Allah be pleased with them). She showed me three graves, which were neither high nor low, but were spread with soft red pebbles in an open space. ( Sunan of Abu-Dawood No.1425)
Please post what is your problem?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:16 pm

Since creation Allah's religion was and is Islam=Peace.
To begin, this is an incorrect interpretation of Islam. Islam is to submit to the will of Allah. However, the prophet (saw) has stated that peace at any price is a bargain. Ofcourse, that doesn't mean you say "sab chalta hai" and neither does it mean to go to the extremes like the Taliban.
Asahabas did not even bury the Prophet and instead started the power struggle!
Regarding which some of us are still whining. It is time to move on.
No other religion is as much hated as Islam!
And what are you doing about it? What has the prophet (saw) said? If you see something wrong, do something about it. You should do something about it.
According to you faithless means no belief in Islam of your version!
As I keep saying time and time again, go read the Quran. Tell me from the Quran what faithless means.
However, those whom you believe to be destined to hell are more peaceful than your people. And Allah SWT will decide who goes to Jannah and who goes to hell. Not you.
Allah will decide because he knows what is in the heart. Guidelines are laid out in the Quran and the Sunnah. Go and read.

Hanif

Unread post by Hanif » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Brother MF, I do not have a problem. My question to you is if Sunnis do ziyarat of the Asahabas, what is wrong with Shias doing Ziyarats of their Imams.
Whether you believe it or not, I have not done any ziyarat of any Imam because I do not believe, and that is my personal belief, Imams, Prophets, etc. are in those kabars. They are with Allah SWT. Ziyarats are a waste of time and money for me, but strictly this is my opinion and I respect other people's beliefs regarding ziyarats. I do offer Fateha as I would offer at any kabar, but that is about it. No touching! No running of hankerchief to bring home! etc.

To me Mecca and Medinah were fascinating experiences. I kept thinking where the Prophet, and Ahl-Bayt laid their feet on the ground, where they must have passed, etc. Everything has changed but the fact that they were there once upon a time and we got a chance to be there was overwhelming.

Hanif

Unread post by Hanif » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:38 pm

And what are you doing about it? What has the prophet (saw) said? If you see something wrong, do something about it. You should do something about it.

I see what you are doing on the forum which is against Islam! And I do not interpret that hadith the way your interpret so let us not discuss that any more.

But since you want to know what I am doing about it? I have told people they can borrow my books written by their own western writers and read what true Islam is. I have gone to their places of worship to show that we all believe in the same God only practices are different but the end result is that we believe in the same God. I have been to churches, ashrams, synagogues, etc. to show Islam does not hate any religion. I have participated in lectures.

You have to be willing to study their scriptures before you open your ignorant mouths. I always do a good research before I go anywhere.

Believe me, I have done plenty and am doing more.

Now tell me, besides calling people Kafirs, and copying and pasting Qur'anic Ayats, and making fun of other religions, and religious leaders, what good have you done for Islam?

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:49 am

Muslim First wrote:
Hanif
The area with Golden Jaali used to be Bibi Fatima’s chamber.

Prophet was buried there since Prophets are buried at same place where thy die. Later Hzs Abu Bakar and Umar were buried there. Graves are there because these people were buried there. There are some people are following Sunna of Prophet regarding antiquate of visiting graves.
There are Shias cursing 2 under their breath, (They dare not curse openly otherwise Saudi Gaurds will kick their behind) and there are some ignorants trying to touch Jaali and beg for favors. (Guards try to fend them off)

Following is Hadith -How graves looked like
Narrated Al-Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn AbuBakr
I said to Aisha! Mother, show me the grave of the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) and his two Companions (Allah be pleased with them). She showed me three graves, which were neither high nor low, but were spread with soft red pebbles in an open space. ( Sunan of Abu-Dawood No.1425)
Please post what is your problem?
I went there and spat on their graves. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:42 am

Etiquette of Visiting the Prophet's Mosque and Grave
From Fiqh-us-Sunnah No.5.133

1) It is recommended that one should approach the Prophet's Mosque calmly and with composure. One should wear perfume, put on a nice clean dress and enter the mosque with the right foot, and say,
A'udhu billahil 'azeem wa bi-wajhihil kareem wa sultanihilqadeem minashaitanir rajeem. Bismillah, Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammadin wa aalihi wa sallam, Allahummaghfir li zunubi waftah li abwaba rahmatika.
"I seek refuge with Allah the Supreme with His Noble Face and with His Eternal Dominion from the accursed devil. In the Name of Allah O Allah! Bless Mohammad his family and his followers. O Allah! Forgive my sins and open doors of Your mercy for me."

2) It is also recommended to go first to the raudah (According to a hadith , raudah (literally, a garden) is the space in the Prophet's mosque between his grave and his pulpit. As is stated in the hadith below. The Prophet (peace be upon him) died in his house, and that is where he was buried) and offer there two rak'ahs as greetings to the Mosque with calm and humility.

3) After this one should head toward the grave of the Prophet (peace be upon him) face it, and with the back to the Qiblah, give greetings of peace to the Prophet (peace be upon him), saying:
Assalamu 'alaika ya rasulallah. Assalamu 'alaika ya nabiyallah. Assalamu 'alaika ya khiyrata khalqillah min khalqihi. Assalamu 'alaika ya khaira khalqillah. Assalamu 'alaika ya habiballah. Assalamu 'alaika ya sayyidil mursaleen. Assalamu 'alaika ya rasullallah rabal 'alameen. Assalamu 'alaika ya qa 'idal ghirril muhajjaleen. Ash-hadu alla-ilaha illallah, wa ash-hadu annaka 'abduhu wa rasuluhu wa ameen uhu wa khiyratuhu min khcllyihi, wa ash-hadu annaka qad ballaghtar rasalata wa addaital amanata wa nasahtal ummata wa jahdta fillahi haqa jihadihi.
"Peace be on you, O the Messenger of Allah. Peace be on you, O, the Prophet of Allah. Peace be on you, O, the chosen one of Allah's creation. Peace be on you, O, the beloved one of Allah. Peace be on you, O, the Chief of the Messengers of (Allah). Peace be on you, O, the Messenger of the Lord of the universe. Peace be on you, O, the Chief of the unique generation. I bear witness that there is no God but Allah, and I bear witness that you are His slave, messenger, trustee, and the chosen one of His creation. I bear witness that you indeed delivered the message (of Allah). Discharged your trust, counseled the Muslim community, and strove hard for the cause of Allah."

4) Now moving about a yard to the right, the visitor should offer his greetings to Abu Baker As-Siddiq, and then moving further another yard in the same direction, offer greetings to 'Umar bin Al-Khattab.

5) Then facing the direction of Qiblah the visitor should supplicate for himself, his family, friends, relatives, and the rest of the Muslims, and then leave.

6) A visitor should not raise his voice more than needed to hear himself. The people in charge should prevent others from raising their voices gently and politely.

It is reported that 'Umar bin Al-Khattab saw two men raising their voices in the Mosque of the Prophet (peace be upon him). At this he told them, "Had I known that you are from this city, I would have punished you."

Abu Daw'ud reported from Abu Hurairah that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Do not turn your houses into graves, nor make my grave a place of festivity. Send your greetings upon me, for your greetings are conveyed to me wherever you are."
Abdullah bin Hasan saw a man frequenting the grave of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and making supplications there. Thereupon he told him, O, so and so, the Prophet (peace be upon him) has said, 'Do not make my grave a place of festivity. but send your greetings upon me from wherever you happen to be, for your greetings are conveyed to me.' (In this respect) there is no difference between you and a man from (a distant country like) Andalusia."

Note: If you are Shia, you may avoid step 4 & 5, but cursing them is waste of time and your breath.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:54 am

profastian wrote:I went there and spat on their graves. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
From: http://qna.rediff.com/questions-and-ans ... s/13612114
Q.Muddai lakh bura chahe to kya hota hai,wahi hota hai jo manzoor-e-khuda hota hai...can someone steal the other's fate?
Best answer
I am tempted to share a ghazal which talks of those who get perturbed by trials and turbulations life offers,one has to find ways/means to stay true to the self...none can steal that grit from the determined ever...ill meaning adversaries or any other oppression...one needs to make way for one's own worth....

dayaar-e-dil ki raat mein charaag sa jala gaya mila nahin
to kya hua wo shaql to dikha gaya
wo dosti to kair ab nasib-e-dushmanaan huyi
wo chhoti chhoti ranjishon ka lutf bhi chala gaya
judaayiyon ke zakm dard-e-zindagi ne bhar diye
tujhe bhi nind aa gayi mujhe bhi sabr aa gaya
pukaarati hain fursatein kahaan gayin wo sohabatein
zamin nigal gayi unhein ya aasamaan kha gaya
ye subaho ki safediyaan ye dopahar ki zardiyaan
ab aayine mein dekhata huun main kahaan chala gaya
ye kis khushi ki ret par gamon ko nind aa gayi
wo lahar kis taraf gayi ye main kahaanchala gaya
gaye dinon ki laash par pade rahoge kab talak
alamkasho utho ki aafataab sar pe aa gaya

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:31 am

I see what you are doing on the forum which is against Islam! And I do not interpret that hadith the way your interpret so let us not discuss that any more.
Don't you mean your interpretation of Islam? I know you do not interpret the hadith the way I do. You interpret it the way the Taliban have done.
But since you want to know what I am doing about it? I have told people they can borrow my books written by their own western writers and read what true Islam is. I have gone to their places of worship to show that we all believe in the same God only practices are different but the end result is that we believe in the same God. I have been to churches, ashrams, synagogues, etc. to show Islam does not hate any religion. I have participated in lectures.
Very Good. You are actually following the hadith without even interpreting it correctly.

fearAllah

Unread post by fearAllah » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:20 pm

Adam wrote:
The coming of the Imam is from hadith. Quran doesn't talk about the coming of any Imam.

Which Hadeeth is that?
And you accept that belief?
As mentioned by you that this Imam will be from the Progeny of Moulatena Fatema, how would you verify this Imam? (If you feel this should go on another thread, please take it there).

Adam,

I have posted link to a video below regarding Sunni belief of coming of the Imam, it is really informative and worth watching......There is also part 2 of it

http://www.harunyahya.com/en/works/3204 ... (1st_part)

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Brother Fear Allah
AS
Here is what I found at this site http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthr ... Imam-Mehdi
From www.islam.tc
Imam Mahdi (Descendent of Prophet Muhammad PBUH)
by Mufti A.H. Elias and Mohammad Ali ibn Zubair Ali
Who Is Imam Mahdi?
Note: Please do not confuse Imam Mahdi with Hadhrat Isa (Jesus) Alayhis Salaam. They are two different persons, and both will come during the last days. According to Hadeeth, Imam Mahdi will appear first, and Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will appear during Imam Mahdi's lifetime. Furthermore, only Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will be able to kill Dajjal (the "anti-Christ").

The term "MAHDI" is a title meaning "The Guided one".

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mas'ood (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, "This world will not come to an end until one person from my progeny does not rule over the Arabs, and his name will be the same as my name." (Tirmidhi)
Hadhrat Ali (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, "Even if only a day remains for Qiyamah to come, yet Allah will surely send a man from my family who will fill this world with such justice and fairness, just as it initally was filled with oppression." (Abu Dawood)
His Features
Hadhrat Abu Saeed Khudri (R.A.) relates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, "Al Mahdi will be from my progeny. His forehead will be broad and his nose will be high. He will fill the world with justice and fairness at a time when the world will be filled with oppression. He will rule for seven years."
Other ahadeeth inform us that:
* He will be tall
* He will be fair complexioned
* His facial features will be similar to those of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)
* His character will be exactly like that of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)
* His father's name will be Abdullah
* His mother's name will be Aamina
* He will speak with a slight stutter and occasionally this stutter will frustrate him causing him to hit his hand upon his thigh.
* His age at the time of his emergence will be forty years
* He will receive Knowledge from Allah.
His Emergence and Rule
Hadhrat Umme Salmah (R.A.) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, " After the death of a Ruler there will be some dispute between the people. At that time a citizen of Madina will flee (from Madinah) and go to Makkah. While in Makkah, certain people will approach him between Hajrul Aswad and Maqaame Ibraheem, and forcefully pledge their allegiance to him.
Thereafter a huge army will proceed from Syria to attack him but when they will be at Baida, which is between Makkah and Madina, they will be swallowed into the ground.
On seeing this, the Abdaals of Shaam as well as large numbers of people from Iraq will come to him and pledge their allegiance to him. Then a person from the Quraish, whose uncle will be from the Bani Kalb tribe will send an army to attack him, only to be overpowered, by the will of Allah. This (defeated) army will be that of the Bani Kalb. Unfortunate indeed is he who does not receive a share from the booty of the Kalb. This person (Imam Mahdi) will distribute the spoils of war after the battle. He will lead the people according to the Sunnat and during his reign Islam will spread throughout the world. He will remain till seven years (since his emergence). He will pass away and the Muslims will perform his Janazah salaat." (Abu Dawood)
According to a Hadeeth, Sayyidena Eesa (A.S.) will lead the Janaazah of Imam Mahdi (A.S.).
While the people will be pledging their allegiance to Imaam Mahdi, a voice from the unseen will call out:
"This is the representative of Allah,
The Mahdi, listen to him and obey him"
This announcement which will be heard by all those present will establish his authenticity. Another sign which will indicate the authenticity of Imaam Mahdi wil be that in the Ramadhaan prior to his emergence an eclipse of the sun and moon will occur.
Hadhrat Abu Umamah (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "There will be four peace agreements between you and the Romans. The fourth agreement will be mediated through a person who will be from the progeny of Hadhrat Haroon (A.S.) and will be upheld for seven years."
The people asked: "O Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam), who will be the Imaam of the people at the time?"
Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "He will be from my progeny and will be forty years of age. His face will shine like a star and he will have a black spot on his left cheek. He will don two "Qutwaani" cloaks and will appear exactly as a person from the Bani Israeel..." (Tabrani)
According to hadith narrated by Abu Saeed Khudri (R.A.) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "...(regarding the rule of Imaam Mahdi) the skies will rain down in abundance and the earth will yield forth its crop in abundance, and those alive will desire that those who have already passed away should have been alive to enjoy this prosperity..."
Hadhrat Buraidah (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "There will be many armies after me. You must join that army which will come from Khurasaan." (Ibn Adi)
Abu Hurairah (R.A.) says that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "(Armies carrying) black flags will come from Khurasaan. No power will be able to stop them and they will finally reach Eela (Baitul Maqdas) where they will erect their flags."
by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali
More Hadeeth (with references) (contributed by Bradley Bilal).
1) The Prophet (PBUH and HF) said: "Even if the entire duration of the world's existence has already been exhausted and only one day is left (before the day of judgment), Allah will expand that day to such a length of time, as to accommodate the kingdom of a person from my Ahlul-Bayt who will be called by my name. He will fill out the earth with peace and justice as it will have been full of injustice and tyranny (by then)."
References:
Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v2, p86, v9, pp 74-75
Sunan Abu Dawud, v2, p7
Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v1, pp 84,376; V3, p63
2) The Prophet (PBUH and HF) said: "al-Mahdi is one of us, the members of the household (Ahlul-Bayt)."
reference: Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, Tradition #4085
3) The Prophet (PBUH and HF) said: The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatimah (the daughter of the Prophet (PBUH)).
References:
Sunan Abu Dawud, English version, Ch. 36, Tradition #4271 (narrated by Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet)
Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, Tradition #4086
4) The Prophet (PBUH and HF) said: "We (I and my family) are members of a household that Allah (SWT) has chosen for them the life of the Hereafter over the life of this world; and the members of my household (Ahlul-Bayt) shall suffer a great affliction and they shall be forcefully expelled from their homes after my death; then there will come people from the East carrying black flags, and they will ask for some good to be given to them, but they shall be refused service; as such, they will wage war and emerge victorious, and will be offered that which they desired in the first place, but they will refuse to accept it till they pass it to a man from my family (Ahlul-Bayt) appears to fill the Earth with justice as it has been filled with corruption. So whoever reaches that (time) ought to come to them even if crawling on the ice/snow since among them is the Vice-regent of Allah (Khalifatullah) al-Mahdi."
References:
Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, Tradition #4082,
The History Tabari
al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar, Ch. 11, section 1, pp 250-251
5) Abu Nadra reported: We were with the company of Jabir Ibn Abdillah... Jabir Ibn Abdillah kept quite for a while and then reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: "There would be a Caliph in the last (period) of my Ummah who would freely give handfuls of wealth to the people without counting it." I said to Abu Nadra and Abu al-Ala: Do you mean Umar Ibn Abd al-Aziz? They said: NO, (he would be Imam Mahdi).
References:
Sahih Muslim, English version, v4, chapter MCCV, p1508, Tradition #6961
Sahih Muslim, Arabic version, Kitab al-Fitan, v4, p2234, Tradition #67
6) "al-Mahdi is from our Ahlul-Bayt, no doubt Allah will enforce his appearance within a night (i.e., his coming is very unpredictable and is very sudden)."
References: Sunan Ibn Majah, v2, p269
Compiled from various sources by Islam.tc, webmaster@islam.tc

The Shia belief is very different from the Sunni belief of the Imam Al Mahdi
We believe that he was born already of Imam Al Askari (the 11th Imam). He will be dark complected but still resimble the Prophet. He is free from sins (like all the prophets and 12 imams). He will be praying at the Kabah with Nabi Issa. The signs leading up to his return are many.
It soes not mean we dwell on it everyday or pray for this mehdi to appear.

fearAllah

Unread post by fearAllah » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:51 pm

Muslim First wrote:Brother Fear Allah
AS
Here is what I found at this site http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthr ... Imam-Mehdi
W/Salam bro,

Thanks for the info, most of the points mentioned are covered in the video link pasted in my earlier post but in very much detail including hadiths from Moula Ali, Imam Hussein and Imam Hassan's prediciton, do recommend you to watch it