Need help regarding unplanned pregnancy

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
wise_guy

Need help regarding unplanned pregnancy

Unread post by wise_guy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:34 pm

Salam walekum, my wife is pregnant (early few weeks in single digits) and this is an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy for us. Im not at all financially secure as Im without a job and live in a country where healthcare costs are exhorbitant. What is Islam's principle on pregnancy and abortion. Anyone who is a doctor/gynaec/or from their own experience can give me their viewpoints/advice. Should we abort or pursue. Is there any future risk to health involved.

PS: A humble request -> No fun/mud slinging/slandering/anti bohra comments as this is a serious issue right now in my life.

Nietzsche

Re: Need help regarding unplanned pregnancy

Unread post by Nietzsche » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:38 pm

http://www.al-islam.org/islamic-edicts- ... /abortions

Here is an article on the subject. I would advise you to do what's best for your family and for yourself. Stringently adhering to the rules of Islam hasn't always had the best results, so don't assume that keeping the child is in your best interest. If you can't take care of a child and afford it a stable life at the moment, then you know what has to be done.

This is just my opinion; if you do choose to follow the Islamic/Bohra rules on the subject, then you'll have to keep the baby and find a way to care for it, as far as I have read/heard. Someone more knowledgable on the subject might know of some loopholes, though.

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:17 am

Allah is against this, I understand you are facing financial problem, but killing a life in fear of finance is haraam according to ISLAM, if you want I can post ayat of Quraan, which clearly says killing kids in fear of money is haraam.

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:22 am

I am also in western country and if really there is no way for you to afford kid, I suggest leave such a country, I understand this sounds little way out of crowded opinion, but I personally will be happy to obey ALLAH then living in first world country.

AMAFHH

Unread post by AMAFHH » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:19 am

wise_guy wrote:Salam walekum, my wife is pregnant (early few weeks in single digits) and this is an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy for us. Im not at all financially secure as Im without a job and live in a country where healthcare costs are exhorbitant. What is Islam's principle on pregnancy and abortion. Anyone who is a doctor/gynaec/or from their own experience can give me their viewpoints/advice. Should we abort or pursue. Is there any future risk to health involved.

PS: A humble request -> No fun/mud slinging/slandering/anti bohra comments as this is a serious issue right now in my life.

http://www.leader.ir/tree/index.php?catid=23#

New

Unread post by New » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:50 pm

I am not religious at all but share my views. I got married in Mumbai and as a student did not have insurance when my wife got pregnant with the child to be delivered in the US. Things just worked out. Please do not go for abortion. We now have a wonderful grand child. There are many many agencies can help. It will be hardship, but rewards are enormous.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Thank you everyone for their kind and balanced replies that I got here and even in the PM inbox. We have decided to keep the child with almost 99% of people who we have consulted favoring against abortion.

New

Unread post by New » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:18 am

I am happy, very very happy, about your decision, I will be happy to send a small gift when the child is born. How can this be accompolished? Any solution? Would others like to join? I do not care about whose camp you belong to. Admin bhai, can you help to set up pledges?

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:38 am

New wrote:I am happy, very very happy, about your decision, I will be happy to send a small gift when the child is born. How can this be accompolished? Any solution? Would others like to join? I do not care about whose camp you belong to. Admin bhai, can you help to set up pledges?
Thank you New for your thought for the gift. The biggest gift we can get is Dua and blessings from everyone.

Nietzsche

Unread post by Nietzsche » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:04 am

Since you are deciding to keep the child, congratulations. As long as you love and care for the child, it should turn out well. If you need help managing finances to afford the baby, I'd suggest contacting someone appropriate as soon as you can.

New

Unread post by New » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:28 pm

I live in Chicago, where u located? May be an Indian or Pak physcian can help with the delivery. Asgharbhai in LA :?: helps through collected funds. Please contact him. Asgharfv@gmail.com

scared

Unread post by scared » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:47 pm

I have two children that I need to send to college. I have no funds and if you guys do not collect the money for me, I am afraid that I might have to give them up for adoption. Please help. I have a paypal account already setup for anyone who wants to contribute. I implore all of you to contribute.

New

Unread post by New » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:13 pm

Scared bhai, please show the poof I mean proof? It is not a big deal that they have to attend the college.

scared

Unread post by scared » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:25 pm

Please brother. I wouldn't lie on this forum would I? My three children are in need of a good education. Please show some courtesy brother. How can you call a fellow independent bohra brother a liar?

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:44 am

is not just brother scared or brother wise_guy, hundereds of people are in financial messed up situation, while kotharis are busy in gilaaf and jaman tamashas....

which is against ISLAMIC preaching.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:59 am

@scared: please start a new thread with your query. Please do not hijack other's thread and topic. Some unwritten rules of blogging and forums.

Also, your style and way of asking for help is out of way. Nobody asks for help like this.
scared wrote:Please brother. I wouldn't lie on this forum would I? My three children are in need of a good education. Please show some courtesy brother. How can you call a fellow independent bohra brother a liar?

scared

Unread post by scared » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:04 am

Since all my kids were born out of unplanned pregnancies, I thought this was the right thread. But I will start another thread. Thanks. Please make sure to note my paypal account that I will mention in the new thread.

New

Unread post by New » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Mr. Scared, I believe you are an Avtar of SMS. I am elevating you to a heavenly postion.

Please, do not mix your demand with the genuine one. It hurts every one and the joke is on you.