Common Sense

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
seeker110

Common Sense

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:59 am

I read about the demise of Jews in Germany and German occupied territory in Europe. The biggest fault of Jews was that they did not integrate into the regular society. They wore strange clothes and spoke to each other in Yiddish. Some of them who did integrate, were caught when non kosher food was placed in front of them.
We as Bohras are making the same kind of mistakes. We will always be in minority, no matter where we live. It is utterly important for us to blend in. First thing for us to do for survival is to get rid of the clothes (kuta/ijar and dadhi). Mola always speaks about the laws of the land. I figured, it was for his own good, not for general Bhoras.

When we look at the percent of Bohras killed and looted in Gujrat riots, we lost out more % wise.

Sequence

Re: Common Sense

Unread post by Sequence » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:26 am

seeker110 wrote:I read about the demise of Jews in Germany and German occupied territory in Europe. The biggest fault of Jews was that they did not integrate into the regular society. They wore strange clothes and spoke to each other in Yiddish. Some of them who did integrate, were caught when non kosher food was placed in front of them.
We as Bohras are making the same kind of mistakes. We will always be in minority, no matter where we live. It is utterly important for us to blend in. First thing for us to do for survival is to get rid of the clothes (kuta/ijar and dadhi). Mola always speaks about the laws of the land. I figured, it was for his own good, not for general Bhoras.

When we look at the percent of Bohras killed and looted in Gujrat riots, we lost out more % wise.
kurta dhadhi hijar is not a bohra attire, but its been hijacked from main stream ISLAM.

btw there is no compulsion for any such dress untill some one is fanatic abde and who just lives in masjid and roza.

seeker110

Re: Common Sense

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:09 pm

The attire is not the same as normal Muslims wear, anywhere. Specially in non-muslin countries. When in Rome...