What is the main goal of a Mumin?

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
KA786

What is the main goal of a Mumin?

Unread post by KA786 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Is the main goal of a Muslim Mumin is to simply follow Allah's (-> Prophet -> Imams) commandment to attain luxuries of the Paradise and avoid the fire of Hell?

Personally I believe that Soul is not in need of any worldly pleasures.

salaar

Re: What is the main goal of a Mumin?

Unread post by salaar » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:36 pm

you know if you ask me something very very honestly from deep inside my heart, for me best part of the religion is when you wipe somebodys tears, when you stand as a supporter for somebody who is helpless, when you silently put some money in your old friends pocket telling him man its your money return it when you are comfortable, when you take bags of mewa for orphans on 23rd night, when you say a warm salam to somebody who is much less in social stature when you kiss the feets of your old mom when you work on the decisions of your old father even knowing that it is wrong, when you lower down your eyes while going in somebodys house, when you come running to greet your old teacher when you arrange a job or kiosk or business for somebody when you arrange finances to repair a momins house I guess this should be the real goal for a momin, saying namaz roza zakat haj and jihad e naffs is all your personal aamaal that are mandatory.