Statehood for the Palestinians

This forum covers a whole range of issues: from international politics and economy to human rights, from corporate domination and greed to environmental crises...
anajmi

Re: Statehood for the Palestinians

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Has this guy ever written about Muslim graves desecrated by muslims? He should be writing about muslim regression.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Join Palestinian prisoners on hunger strike for one day

Hundreds of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails started a hunger strike on September 27th, 2011. Every day, the more and more prisoners are joining. Their health is deteriorating due to the hunger strike, and prison authorities are not providing necessary medical checks.

The Palestinian prisoners have made several key demands, some of which are listed below:

1. End the abusive use of isolation;
2. End restrictions on University education in the prisons;
3. End the denial of books and newspapers;
4. End the shackling to and from meetings with lawyers and family members;
5. End the excessive use of fines as punishment;
6. And ultimately end all forms of collective punishment, including the refusal of family visits, night searches of prisoners’ cells, and the denial of basic health treatment.

http://abirkopty.wordpress.com/2011/10/ ... r-one-day/

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Have they ever gone on hunger strike to protest muslim regression?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 pm

Israel plans expulsion of some 60,000 Bedouin Palestinians

Israeli human rights organisation B’Tselem has drawn attention to plans by the Israeli government to expel 27,000 Bedouin Palestinians who currently live in what is known as ‘Area C’ of the West Bank.

The Civil Administration (CA) is planning to expel the Bedouin communities living in Area C in the West Bank, transferring some 27,000 persons from their homes. In the first phase, planned as early as January 2012, some 20 communities, comprising 2,300 persons, will be forcibly transferred to a site near the Abu Dis refuse dump, east of Jerusalem.

Thus in the de facto one state that exists between the Mediterranean Sea and Jordan River, Israeli authorities are currently planning mass expulsions of around 60,000 Palestinians, specifically in order to free up more territory for Jewish settlement. The Nakba never finished.

http://electronicintifada.net/blog/ben- ... pRrdbKFrgc

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Forum Shumukh al-Islam reported, the Zionist Jewish occupation forces of Israel on Wednesday (5/10/2011) launched an attack against Masjid Al Aqsa, destroying the premises of the holy masjid where the Prophet SAW performed the Isra and Mi’raj. The destroyers of Masjid Al Aqsa comprised the Zionist occupation army, intelligence and police personnels. Eyewitnesses from inside the masjid said that dozens of Zionist occupation army destroyed the premises of Masjid Al-Aqsa and then they spread inside it in a way that had never been done before. This shows and proves that they have settled in specific locations and they seemed prepared to do the malignancy.

Besides that, they are also prepared to protect their settlers, i.e. the land robbers, Jewish Israelis, who intended to invade the masjid. Besides that, also deployed were a number of soldiers at the entrance of the prayer hall. Eyewitnesses also said that Zionist crowds were seen in the Street of Al Wad, preparing themselves to participate in the conference which is named “The Promised Temple”, referring to the shrine of the Jewish Israelis, in which the building are believed by them to be located exactly under Masjid Al Quds. Due to that, they intend to destroy and demolish the sacred masjid of the Muslims, Masjid Al Quds.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Hebrew Language Sexualizes Conquest

"In Hebrew, the verb meaning "to take up arms" also means "to have sexual intercourse. "

According to the book The Israeli Woman, by Lesley Hazleton, the Hebrew language sexualizes war:

"Gever" is the Hebrew for man, pronounced with the main accent on the first syllable, giving it an aggressive swing. The word also means a cock, or rooster.

But if heroism is purely masculine in Hebrew, weapons and fighting are even more explicitly so. While the sexual connotations of "gever" derive from the cock of the roost, those of weaponry derive directly from the penis.

The Hebrew for penis is "zayin," which is also the word for a weapon. The phrase for Israel's armed forces can thus translate as "an army equipped with penises,'' and the verb meaning "to take up arms" also means "to have sexual intercourse. '

http://www.henrymakow.com/the_hebrew_language.html

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Deported Palestinians Describe prison ordeal

"Imagine living in a cell with someone dying in front of your eyes," freed man tells Al Jazeera.

Hazem Asili, from the West Bank, was 25 years old when he was jailed by Israel in 1986. Abdelhakim Hnaini, also from the West Bank, was 27 years old when he was incarcerated in 1993. On October 11, a deal was brokered exchanging 1,027 Palestinian prisoners held by Israel for Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier captured in 2006 by Hamas. Asili and Hnaini are among the 15 of these prisoners who were deported to Qatar as part of the swap deal.

In an exclusive interview with Al Jazeera, the two men talk about their treatment in Israeli prisons, and what it feels like to finally be free.

Al Jazeera: Can I ask what you were charged with?
Asili: I was charged with being a member of a cell that blew up a bus in 1983, and with cooperating with another cell that attacked troops from Israel's Givati Brigade in 1986.
Hnaini: My charge was that I was a member of the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, and [participated in] some military activity.

AJ: And your sentences?
Hnaini: Both of us were sentenced to life in prison.

AJ: Can you tell us a bit about the difficulties you faced in prison?
Asili: The worst is when you feel that the jailer wants to break you, to remove your own sense of humanity, to relegate you to a mere object. That's the life we were living, fighting that battle 24 hours a day. For me personally, the most demeaning were the repeated strip searches. The security excuse is false and we all know it. Searching us while we are forced to be naked has nothing to do with security. It's all about breaking our will. That is the worst form of torment.

The suffering was compounded by the severe limits on who could visit me, [only] my closest relatives. It is so hard to live for so many years without ever meeting my nieces or nephews. These are my basic family members, people very dear to me, but they were not allowed to visit me. Obviously these restrictions have nothing to do with security. My 10-year-old niece visiting me in jail does not pose a security risk to anyone.

On top of all that, the Israeli still portrays himself as the humanist. They come, take over our land, control every aspect of our lives, our movement, what we build, what we learn ... and then insist that they have this right. That mindset is recreated exactly in prison.

Hnaini: I want to add that there are some details, for people like me and Abu Jaber [Asili], abuses after all these years just become a part of our daily routine. We almost forget that this stuff is not normal. When we tell people on the outside, it shocks them.

For example, imagine living in a cell with 16 prisoners, where they can barely stand next to each other to pray. After a while, this becomes normal. It just becomes part of our life.

My brother, I've seen him twice in the last 15 years for "security considerations". He's never been arrested for anything. My mother is 75. She's not allowed to visit me for security reasons. My father is 80. He's not allowed to visit me for security reasons.

There is another aspect; the lack of healthcare. One of our brothers who was freed, Ahmad al-Najjar, has cancer of the throat. He'd go to the prison clinic, over and over again, and the prison doctor would always tell him he just has an infection.

One of our brothers spent 10 years in prison suffering from cancer until he was in the final stages. They sent him home to die, and he is dying in a hospital in Bethlehem now.

Of course, we're all cramped together in cells, so skin diseases can spread easily. They won't treat us until someone is close to dying. Imagine living in a cell with your cellmate dying in front of your eyes every day because of the lack of healthcare. That by itself is such severe suffering. But this is something we've gotten used to. Yet when I tell people on the outside, they barely believe us.

Let me tell you about solitary confinement. I've been in the solitary cell. It is exactly 1.8 metres long, with a bench to sleep on, right next to a small toilet. The area was so small that we could barely kneel in prayer. And sometimes they'd put two of us in that cell.

So these details, these are things we almost forget are not normal.

You've spent 19 and 25 years in these conditions, continuously confined to these small spaces. How does it feel to be suddenly free?

Hnaini: So my brother called me, asked me where I am. I told him I'm lost! I'm lost in this big Centre City thing [City Centre Mall, in Doha, Qatar]. It's like going from hell to a heaven. If you haven't experienced prison, you can't imagine what it's like. Prison is a grave. It feels like a proper grave and being released really feels like being born again.

On TV in prison once, on one of the Israeli channels, we watched a programme about prisons in Scandinavia, a documentary of sorts. We, the prisoners in Israeli jails, were watching and laughing. Viewers were supposed to feel sorry for the prisoners in Scandinavian jails. They should come see how we live in their jails.

Asili: That's another form of psychological abuse, it could be intentional. Again to show us that we are not worthy of being compared to humans.

Hnaini: Before you move on, there's one thing I want to tell you about, sort of an institution of Israeli prisons. It's called the "bosta", the trip from jail to jail or jail to hospital. Well, it's a stretch to call it a hospital, it's a prison with the most basic medical facilities.

Asili: They put so many obstacles on the way to getting treatment that in the end, you prefer to stay ill in prison rather than go to this "hospital".

Hnaini: Let me tell you how we suffer. They put us in a van, basically a metal box, with metal chairs. There's a small fan in the ceiling for circulation, just enough to ensure we don't suffocate. There will be 25 people cramped in the back. Sick people, with their hands and legs chained. Imagine - in a metal box with our limbs chained. It has got nothing to do with security. It's racism. They just want us to suffer. The distance would usually take one or two hours. But they make us stay in this box for 15 hours. I am not exaggerating. The point is that when you're sick the next time and go to the prison doctor and he says he'll transfer you to this hospital, you end up saying no, I'd rather stay where I am. And he makes you sign a document to that effect, so that if you die, he is not liable. Because I would die 20 times on that journey.

You've been in jail since the mid-80s and early 90s.

Asili: Yes. Before the internet [laughs].

Hnaini: We only know how to use call and end on mobile phones [laughs].
Were you ever able to use phones inside?

Asili: No, no of course not.

Hnaini: A few of the prisoners managed to smuggle in a phone. They need to break the rules to overcome their racist rules that ban prisoners from contact with their families. Imagine, since Shalit was captured, all the Gaza prisoners have not been allowed to have any contact with their families. This is contrary to international law. It's also punishing the families.

So they're banned from even calling their families?

Hnaini: Of course. Here's a story for you. The prisoners in the Naqab prison were able to smuggle in a few mobile phones. Using one of the phones, they took a picture of five or six prisoners in their cell, preparing a stuffed chicken for dinner. One of the guys used his phone to upload the picture online. Imagine this: the phones were confiscated, the image published in Israeli media, the prisoner who uploaded the picture was charged with "incitement" and sent to solitary confinement for four months, a new rule was introduced that we would not be allowed to buy a whole chicken to cook. Imagine the absurdity.

What pushed you to do what you did?

Asili: To me, it's natural. Nobody comes and takes away all your rights and you sit and accept that, unless you also believe that he is better than you. And in their ideology, they do believe that they are better than us, and we have to accept that. But nobody told me, and that is why I rebelled against them. They take my land and believe they are better than me, they don't even see us as equals.

I challenge Israelis to treat us as equals. To give us the same social and political benefits they give Jews. To give me, someone who belongs to this land, the same treatment they give someone from Russia or from somewhere else with absolutely no connection to this land.

Treat me as an equal, give me what you give yourselves, and I'll be more than happy to coexist and stop fighting. Give me the right to elect and be elected, and we'll all give up arms. I challenge them.

Hnaini: I want to add something very important. We do not hate Jews. We do not hate Jews for their religion. We hate the occupier. Why are Qataris here walking around in security and safety without carrying guns? They aren't occupied.

Why do the French walk around without arms? They aren't occupied.

Asili: But the French did carry arms. When they were occupied, they resisted. But for us, it's even worse. When the French were occupied, the world stood with them and their fight. But we're occupied and the world stands with our occupier. Not only are we occupied, but they want to take away our dignity. They want to label my right to fight oppression as terror, and to label his occupation as law and ethics.

Hnaini: If we were not occupied, we would never fight. We want peace and safety, but the occupier won't give it to us. We don't dream of fighting. We dream of living at home, in peace.

Aljazeera
http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/fe ... 63252.html

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:29 pm

A 1000 Palestinians for 1 Israeli. If the Palestinians continue to be this smart, they will have everything they want pretty soon, and then some.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:38 pm

anajmi wrote:A 1000 Palestinians for 1 Israeli. If the Palestinians continue to be this smart, they will have everything they want pretty soon, and then some.
Despite swap, Gaza remains imprisoned

As many as 1.8 million Palestinians in Gaza are cut off from the rest of Palestine, and the outside world. This economic and psychological suffocation has decimated the Gazan economy, driving unemployment, poverty and aid dependence to record levels. An entire generation has been isolated and denied access to the outside world.

The closure of the Gaza Strip is unquestionably illegal. It is a form of collective punishment explicitly prohibited by customary international law and by Article 33 of the Fourth Geneva Convention. One does not need to be a lawyer to understand the illegality and the inhumanity of the closure. It is straightforwardly, unambiguously illegal, and those involved in its creation and enforcement are criminally responsible.

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/op ... 80648.html

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:30 am

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10 ... ership-to/

The acceptance of the Palestinian mission into the U.N.'s cultural and educational agency could result in backlash from Washington, which is required by law to cut off funding to the agency if a Palestinian Liberation Organization is granted membership in any group at the international body.

Blackmail is a part of the law written by the Americans.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:20 pm

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-d ... p-1.393191

Israel to expedite settlement construction in response to Palestinian UNESCO membership

Netanyahu and top ministers decide to impose sanctions on Palestinian Authority after it was accepted to UN cultural body; Palestinians slam decision as 'destructive to peace process' and 'inhumane.'

And expediting settlement construction is not 'destructive to peace process' and 'inhumane'? Stealing more land in response to Palestinian bid for recognition is the response from these terrorists. And these are the people that the American farts have chosen to support no matter what! No wonder the rest of the world is tired of this hypocirsy and has decided to take matters into their own hands instead of relying on the Americans to work out a solution for this problem.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:58 am

http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPoliti ... ?id=244130

Washington 'deeply disappointed' by Israeli response to Palestinian's acceptance to UNESCO

This is so much hypocrisy on the part of the Americans. They are 'deeply disappointed' by Israeli actions but will choose not to cut any Israeli funding. What then is the use when you punish one for causing "deep disappointment" and not the other? And the Palestinians are not doing anything illegal while the Israelis are!! If the Americans could grow a set of balls to actually go up against someone like Israel, they will see how soon they can resolve this issue. But unfortunately, the Americans politicians are nothing but a bunch of cowards who can only punish the already down and out Palestinians.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:25 pm

US cuts cash to UN over Palestine vote

"THE US has abruptly cut off funding to UNESCO after Palestine was accepted as a member of the organisation in its push for international recognition".

Following a legal requirement to cease funding, the US State Department confirmed yesterday that the Obama administration would not make the $US60 million ($57m) payment to UNESCO that is due this month.

State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said the vote to admit Palestine by UNESCO's member states was "regrettable, premature and undermines our shared goal of a comprehensive, just and lasting peace in the Middle East".

The UNESCO vote at the organisation's headquarters in Paris follows the frustrated campaign by the Palestinian leaders to gain full recognition for Palestine as a state during the September session of the UN in New York.

Palestine won the right to join the UN's educational, scientific and cultural organisation yesterday in a 107-14 vote. Australia and Canada were among those joining the US in opposition. There were 52 abstentions, including Britain and Japan.
Free trial

After the vote, many delegates jumped to their feet and cheered. One reportedly called out in French: "Long live Palestine!"

Washington's UNESCO funding cut is a big financial blow to the organisation because the US has provided 22 per cent of its funding.

In a letter to The Washington Post, UNESCO director Irina Bokova asked the US not to punish the organisation, saying it supported many causes important to US security interests -- from Afghanistan to Iraq -- and Palestine's membership should not be allowed to derail them.

"We are helping governments and communities prepare for life after the withdrawal of US military forces," Ms Bokova said.

UNESCO member countries would have been in no doubt about the US position as Israel's closest ally.

A law passed by the US congress in 1994 banned funding for any "affiliated organisation of the UN which grants full membership as a state to any organisation or group that does not have the internationally recognised attributes of statehood".

The Israeli Foreign Ministry issued a statement yesterday dismissing the UNESCO admission as a "unilateral Palestinian move which will bring no change on the ground but further removes the possibility for a peace agreement".

The US legal requirement to end the funding avoided any diplomatic difficulty for the Obama administration in how to deal with the situation.

But the Obama administration has made it abundantly clear it will use its veto power in the UN Security Council to block any unilateral push for Palestinian statehood in the absence of a mutual agreement with Israel on borders and security.

White House spokesman Jay Carney said the UNESCO vote was premature and undermined efforts directed at reaching a comprehensive peace agreement in the Middle East.

The UNESCO vote to admit Palestine comes as violence increased on the border between Israel and Gaza. Over the past few days Palestinian militants have fired rockets into Israel, prompting Israeli airstrikes in retaliation.

Source:- theaustralian

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:04 pm

BBC journalism hit a new low today. The BBC News channel devoted only a single sentence to Palestine’s diplomatic coup in gaining full membership of Unesco. It used that single sentence once at 18.23 and once during the following hour. And this is that single sentence:

“Israel says that Unesco’s decision to admit Palestine to full membership will damage the prospects for peace in the Middle East.”

No other view was given, We did not hear what Palestine says, or what Unesco says, or what any of the huge majority of 107 countries which voted for Palestine say. The only view we were given was the Israeli view, and there was no questioning or discussion of that view.

“Israel says” – what an astonishing opening two words to a report on a great day for Palestinian diplomacy. Everyone connected with BBC News should be utterly ashamed. Why don’t we just save the license fee and let Netanyahu’s office broadcast the news instead?

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/ ... bbc-shame/

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Israeli terrorist military courts 'have 99 percent conviction rate'

Israeli terrorist military courts in the West Bank have a 99.74 percent conviction rate for Palestinians brought before them, according to data published by the Israeli newspaper Haaretz on Tuesday. The newspaper, citing data from an annual military courts report, said military courts in the West Bank heard 9,542 cases in 2010, including over 2,000 involving "hostile terror activity." Of those 9,542, just 25 resulted in full acquittals -- a conviction rate of 99.74, the newspaper said. But in four percent of all the cases heard, the defendant received a partial acquittal on one or more charge, it added. The data also showed military tribunals overwhelmingly granted requests for administrative detention of Palestinians, approving 98.77 percent of the 714 requests received in 2010. And, the newspaper said, the figures showed prosecution appeals to the military tribunals were granted much more frequently than those filed by the defense. Prosecution appeals were upheld 67 percent of the time, the data showed, while defense appeals succeeded just 33 percent of the time. Palestinians in the West Bank accused by Israel of criminal or security offenses are almost always tried before military tribunals, rarely appearing before Israeli civilian courts. In addition to over 2,000 "terror" cases heard by the military tribunals in 2010, the courts also heard 763 cases involving "disorderly conduct" as well as cases involving illegal residence in Israel, traffic offenses and criminal activity, Haaretz said.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:29 pm

That would actually mean that the court system is just a facade and that Israel is a fascist state or that Israelis are great at catching terrorists and never catch innocent people. You pick.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:56 pm

anajmi wrote:That would actually mean that the court system is just a facade and that Israel is a fascist state or that Israelis are great at catching terrorists and never catch innocent people. You pick.
Heads they win, Tails I lose.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Israeli Govt Pushes Bill to Move Against Human Rights Groups

Despite growing criticism from abroad, Israel’s ruling coalition is pushing a new bill in the Knesset which would impose major penalties on human rights groups, including a massive 45% tax on all foreign donations and a full ban on funding for groups seen as too critical of the government.

The bill is explicitly aimed at civil rights groups critical of the government’s harsh moves against freedom of the press and its restrictions against Arab citizens.

The bill, which is almost uniformly supported among both the ruling coalition and the “moderate” opposition, imposes serious restrictions on the posting of comments in online forums, and allows MPs to sue any poster, even anonymous ones, in Israeli courts for any comment which they believe is designed to “damage” their positions. It would also force Israeli ISPs to keep track of the sources of all such comments so they could “out” anonymous posters for punitive lawsuits.

http://news.antiwar.com/2011/11/30/isra ... ts-groups/

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:28 pm

Israelis reject Clinton remarks on their democracy
http://hosted2.ap.org/COGRA/APWorldNews ... ba4eb916ce

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:32 pm

American presidential hopefuls display their eagerness to bend and spread for Israel.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... 1c12cd3a60

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:01 pm

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is one of the world’s major sources of instability. Americans are directly connected to this conflict, and increasingly imperiled by its devastation.

It is the goal of If Americans Knew to provide full and accurate information on this critical issue, and on our power – and duty – to bring a resolution.

Please click on any statistic for the source and more information.
Statistics Last Updated: October 25, 2011

125 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,471 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000.

1,092 Israelis and at least 6,537 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000.

10,792 Israelis and 59,575 Palestinians have been injured since September 29, 2000.

During Fiscal Year 2011, the U.S. is providing Israel with at least $8.2 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians.

0 Israelis are being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 5,300 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel.

0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and 24,813 Palestinian homes have been demolished by Israel since 1967

The Israeli unemployment rate is 6.4%, while the Palestinian unemployment in the West Bank is 16.5% and 40% in Gaza.

Israel currently has 273 Jewish-only settlements and ‘outposts’ built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians do not have any settlements on Israeli land.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:42 pm

With Friends Like Gingrich, Does Israel Need Enemies?
http://original.antiwar.com/avnery/2011 ... d-enemies/

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Israeli students to get $2,000 to spread state propaganda on Facebook

The National Union of Israeli Students (NUIS) has become a full-time partner in the Israeli government’s efforts to spread its propaganda online and on college campuses around the world.

NUIS has launched a program to pay Israeli university students $2,000 to spread pro-Israel propaganda online for 5 hours per week from the “comfort of home.”

The union is also partnering with Israel’s Jewish Agency to send Israeli students as missionaries to spread propaganda in other countries, for which they will also receive a stipend.

This active recruitment of Israeli students is part of Israel’s orchestrated effort to suppress the Palestinian solidarity movement under the guise of combating “delegitimization” of Israel and anti-Semitism.

The involvement of the official Israeli student union as well as Haifa University, Tel Aviv University, Ben-Gurion University and Sapir College in these state propaganda programs will likely bolster Palestinian calls for the international boycott of Israeli academic institutions.

What is completely missing from the program is any indication that criticism of Israel could be valid. Rather the National Union of Israeli Students apparently seeks to indoctrinate Israeli students that every criticism of Israel is “hate” and “anti-Semitism” and that the Internet should be seen as a battlefield on which they are foot soldiers.

NUIS has also partnered with the Jewish Agency, the Israeli state body that encourages Jews from around the world to settle on stolen Palestinian land, to spread propaganda on college campuses around the world.

The National Union of Israeli Students [NUIS] unites about 300,000 students from all over the country. NUIS promotes the goals and objectives of students, guards the status of students and impacts the public agenda in all aspects from the perspective that the future generation should be a full partner in shaping the Israeli reality of tomorrow.

http://electronicintifada.net/blog/ali- ... a-facebook

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:57 pm

What Islamists Owe to Israel

IF ISLAMIST movements come to power all over the region, they should express their debt of gratitude to their bete noire, Israel.

Without the active or passive help of successive Israeli governments, they may not have been able to realize their dreams.

That is true in Gaza, in Beirut, in Cairo and even in Tehran.

OUR PART in the rise of Hizbollah is less direct, but no less effective.

To outflank Amal, Israel encouraged a small, more radical, rival: God’s Party, Hizbollah.

They, too, owe us a big Shukran.

LET’S NOT forget the Islamic Republic of Iran.
They owe us something, too. Quite a lot, actually.

Perhaps someday a fundamentalist Israel will make peace with a fundamentalist Muslim world, under the auspices of a fundamentalist American president.

Unless we do something to stop the process before it is too late.

http://www.newageislam.com/NewAgeIslamA ... cleID=6296

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Thou Shalt Not Kill (Thyself)

AFTER THE founding of Israel, God appeared to David Ben-Gurion and told him: “You have created a state for my chosen people in my holy land. This merits a great reward. Tell me what you wish, and I will grant it.”

Ben-Gurion answered: “Almighty God, I wish that every person in Israel shall be wise, honest and a member of the Labor Party.”

“Dear me,” said God, “That is too much even for the Almighty. But I decree that every Israeli shall be two of the three.”

Since then, if a wise Israeli is a member of the Labor party, he is not honest. If an honest Israeli is a member of the Labor party, he is not wise. If he is wise and honest, he is not a member of the Labor Party.

THIS JOKE was popular in the 1950s. After 1967, another much less funny formula took its place.

It goes like this: many Israelis ask God for their state to be Jewish and democratic, and that it will include the entire country between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River. That is too much even for the Almighty. So he asks them to choose between a state that is Jewish and democratic but only in part of the country, or a state in all the country that is Jewish but not democratic, or a state in the entire country that is democratic but not Jewish. To which I would add a fourth option: A Jewish and democratic state in the entire country, but only after driving out all the Arabs – some 5.5 million at this point, and growing quickly.

This is the choice facing us today as it did almost 45 years ago. It has only become more sharply defined.

For any foreseeable future, the fourth alternative can be excluded. The circumstances which led, in 1948, to the expulsion of more than half the Palestinian people from the territory that became Israel were unique, and not likely to return in the coming decades. So we must deal with the present demographic reality.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e30570.htm

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Mideast Din Drowns Out Palestinians

RAMALLAH, West Bank — In the 14 months since revolution has spread across the Middle East and tension has soared over Iran’s nuclear program, the Palestinian leadership has found itself orphaned. Politically divided, its peace talks with Israel collapsed and its foreign support waning, the Palestinian Authority is sidelined, confused and worried that its people may return to violence.

“The biggest challenge we face — apart from occupation — is marginalization,” Salam Fayyad, prime minister of the Palestinian Authority, said in an interview. “This is a direct consequence of the Arab Spring where people are preoccupied with their own domestic affairs. The United States is in an election year and has economic problems, Europe has its worries. We’re in a corner.”

“Israelis have always been concerned that if they make difficult and strategic concession in the peace process, what will happen if the regimes with which they signed an agreement are overthrown?”

At the same time, Israeli troops have stepped up their nighttime raids on West Bank cities, recently shutting down two television stations and contributing to the sense of impotence.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/world ... wanted=all

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 pm

BBC censors “Palestine” because, well, I mean, really, who says it’s occupied?

http://antonyloewenstein.com/2012/02/04 ... -occupied/

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Palestinian inmates in Israel begin mass hunger strike

April 17, 2012

More than 1,200 Palestinian inmates held in Israeli jails have begun a hunger strike to protest against what they say are unfair prison conditions.

Another 2,300 Palestinian detainees are refusing food for a day, the Israel Prisons Service (IPS) says.

They are protesting against so-called "administrative detentions", which allow suspects to be held indefinitely without charge or trial.

More than 300 of some 4,700 Palestinian inmates are currently on those charges.

Administrative detention orders are initially given for up to six months, but they can be repeatedly extended.

Tuesday's action is also to mark Palestinian Prisoners' Day, which is being held across the West Bank and Gaza to show solidarity with the inmates.

The Palestinian inmates have vowed that it will be the most determined hunger strike in decades.

However, the IPS says it will not negotiate with the strikers.

"We have coped with hunger strikes in the past and we are prepared to do so again now," IPS spokeswoman Sivan Weizman told the AFP news agency.

The majority of the Palestinian prisoners have been jailed in Israel for various security offences.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17740419

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:14 pm

Israel has handed over to the Palestinian Authority the remains of 91 Palestinians who died carrying out attacks against Israel.

The remains include suicide bombers and militants who died in operations as far back as 1975.

The repatriation of the bodies forms part of a deal to end a mass hunger strike by hundreds of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails.

Israeli officials say the transfer is a confidence-building gesture.

Coffins containing the remains, which had been interred in numbered graves in an Israeli military cemetery for "enemy combatants", were handed over at dawn.

Special ceremonies will be held later, before the bodies are buried again.

According to Israeli media, Hamas will hold a full military service for the remains in Gaza, with each coffin receiving a 21-gun salute. They will then be shuttled to various towns for burial.

In Ramallah, rows of coffins have been draped in Palestinian flags outside President Abbas's compound ahead of a ceremony later today.

The dead are considered martyrs by Palestinians, but terrorists by Israelis, and their remains are used as bargaining chips, he says.

Earlier this month Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails agreed to end a mass hunger strike, which had been going on for more than two months.

More than 1,500 Palestinians had been refusing food to demand an improvement in conditions.

There were fears of a violent Palestinian backlash, had any of the inmates died.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18276354

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:28 pm

June 15, 2012 - BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces have killed nearly 2,300 Palestinians and injured 7,700 in Gaza over the last five years, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said Thursday.

Some 27 percent of the fatalities in Gaza were women and children, the UN agency said in a report highlighting the effects of Israel's blockade.

The land, sea and air blockade of Gaza entered its sixth year on Thursday.

Under the blockade, exports have dropped to less than 3 percent of 2006 levels.

Israel's naval blockade has undermined the livelihood of 35,000 fishermen, and farmers have lost around 75,000 tons of produce each year due to Israeli restrictions along Gaza's land border, it added.

Meanwhile, Israeli restrictions on imports have led to the growth of the smuggling trade. At least 172 Palestinians have been killed working in tunnels under Gaza's border with Egypt, the report said.

Despite the risks, young men are still drawn to tunnel work in Gaza, where more than half the youth is unemployed and 44 percent of people are food insecure.

Mark Regev, spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said Thursday that the blockade was necessary because Gaza's ruling party Hamas is a "terrorist organization."

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e31599.htm