This Forum Is Creating Panic In Kothari Circles.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
bohri

Re: This Forum Is Creating Panic In Kothari Circles.

Unread post by bohri » Wed May 29, 2013 12:08 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:an interesting observation of mine..

mansoos is a certified schizophrenic and delusional suffering from personality disorder and hallucinations. he too has a constant need to justify the position thrust upon him by conjuring up false mojizas and making fantastic claims about hearing voices from the grave and jannat! he suffers from low self-esteem and is a ditherer and weakling.

i will be expounding upon the other nincompoops anon. it seems as if insanity, bi-polar disease and mental disorders are rampant among smb's family. perhaps more knowledgeable persons like brother gm, who has close connections inside the looney bin, can shed better light on this family of loons.
Dear AZ - while you write eloquently most of the time, I am very offended by your language and insults here. Mental illness is a serious issue for both those who suffer from it and those family and friends who are caregivers. I would not expect such insensitivity from one who otherwise appears well educated and well informed. You should know better. Shame on you.

Bohri

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed May 29, 2013 7:18 am

while i agree that mental illness is a most disconcerting and painful disease which discomfits both the sufferer and his family and society, how else would you classify the mansoos' completely insane utterances? besides the practice of the dai's family, since the last 2 dai's particularly, of intermarrying very very closely among blood relations is bound to lead to genetic mutations and mental abnormalities.

the parsee's and many other small communities also suffer from this although their gene pool is not as tightly limited as the dai's family. genetic inbreeding has been proven to cause aberrations. my observations were strictly scientific based on patently obvious behaviour displayed by not just one, but several of the dai's family over the last 2-3 generations.

calling a spade a spade, may offend those who treat that spade as a holy cow, but the fact nevertheless remains that it is indeed, a spade.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed May 29, 2013 10:52 am

Kotharis survive on fairytales dished out left right and centre to make their sham work. They are pushing the limit of their imagination to the sky, beyond life and death. I wonder looking at their acting skills on the “takht”. How do they afford to lie straight on the face day in and day out.

Having lived a life of luxury, kothar family has hardly anything to aim or strive for. Everything is served on a golden platter by a bent abde. These kotharis play with emotions of common abde. Since childhood these Kothari kids are bought up with superiority complex. Even behaving humble is considered as a privilege. They consider or treat common abdes as ignorant gullible idiots who do not know worldly matters and decision making ability. Infact they are the ones who are living in a fools paradise made of deception, fairytales and lies.

Thier intellect is limited upto dishing out random and wild mojizas to generate or maintain hype and superstitions amongst abdes. They have focused and mastered the art of collecting funds without accountability and will learn to do anything to keep their illegitimate way of life going.

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Wed May 29, 2013 11:49 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:Then came the expose on Mansoos wherein he had tried to get cozy with a Qatar Airways Air Hostess who, to his surprise turned out to be a dawoodi bohra girl. This incident was widely reported along with photographs which created lot of embarrassment for mansoos and gave him bad publicity.
I don't know anything about this. What is the full story please brother?

As to the title of this thread, I think in all honesty, nobody cares about this forum really. I have joined recently and there seems to be very little activity. Where are all the disillusioned Bohri public? I thought this place would be thriving with discourse and plans for affirmative action, but instead it is quiet and passive.

Is this because most Bohri have accepted their fate and know deep down that nothing can be done about the Kothar?

hunni

Unread post by hunni » Wed May 29, 2013 12:40 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote: Then came the expose on Mansoos wherein he had tried to get cozy with a Qatar Airways Air Hostess who, to his surprise turned out to be a dawoodi bohra girl. This incident was widely reported alongwith photographs which created lot of embarrassment for mansoos and gave him bad publicity. Now after a lull, kothar is slowly trying to defend the actions of its masters. It so happened that today during the vayez on the occasion of the Dai’s birthday, Mansoos made a mention of the job of an air hostess. During the vayez he advised amtes into not taking up this job as it required them to wear western dresses which were non-bohri. Now where was the need to even touch this vague topic in a vayez which was dedicated to the Dai ? This is nothing but a clear case of GUILTY CONSCIENCE.
I am not defending any one, please dont take it other wise. First of all we should not promote some "suni sunaai bakwaas" on this forum. This is nothing but gheebat. And in ISLAM it is considered as eating your dead brothers flesh.

There are many questions on the above hyped up story .... Who reported this ? Where are the photographs ? Do they really speak on the Character of what is described above ? Was there other non kothar on plane ? etc etc ...

We can never assume whats in any ones mind ...
Anything said good is good ... I agree w. mansoos saying in vaez that bohri women should not take up such profession.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed May 29, 2013 2:05 pm

This is true this website had photos of the incident but for the respect of the lady, air hostess the website Admin censored the photos, which I agree was fair...so don't push the issue.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Wed May 29, 2013 2:30 pm

We had a photo of the Mansoos with the air hostess on this site and the mentioning of this incident in waaz. I believe such a photo was circulated by a few people on whatsapp with the inclusive note about how it's important that women don't employ themselves in such jobs in which their purdah might be compromised; I'm not aware but it appears (based on the way people are talking about this on the forum) it was also circulated by others suggesting some sort of indecency. That's about it.

Brother GM's description is a little too embellished for my tastes. I do not see how this is a 'clear case of guilty conscious' as it follows the theme of moharrammat for this year. The suggestion that he was "trying to get cosy with the airhostess" and that it caused widespread embarrassment is from this users of this site, and I'm not particularly sure how the mentioning of it in waaz was defensive having heard the bayaan myself. It seemed like a general reference in regards to a photo a good chunk of Bohras came across and perhaps in regards to claims of slander that promptly followed on this site.

All anyone knows is that there's a picture of the mansoos with an airhostess, which was circulated via messages to highlight the importance of ridah. Liberties were taking in making assumptions on this forum and the mansoos mentioned the particular incident himself in waaz in regards to ridah.

Assume away, but please let's not add a narrative view of this incident as being matter-of-fact. It's a trivial gripe at best, and considering it has no transparency compared to other issues (such as how women openly flock to kiss his hand) it's one of little significance as it's continued conjecture.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed May 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Grayson wrote: I believe ....I'm not aware but it appears ...

... is a little too embellished for my tastes. I do not see how ... I'm not particularly sure...

Assume away,...
its all about you and your superior intelligence is it? you have come onto the forum only recently and have the impudence of questioning things you know nothing about. with you its all about i, me and myself. your arrogance, contempt for everyone, and equal amounts of stupidity knows no bounds.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Wed May 29, 2013 8:23 pm

What's with all the ad hominem's and cut and paste tactics?
Debate me for the points I mentioned, not my personality.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed May 29, 2013 8:31 pm

it would be a complete waste of my time debating with a crackpot. its taken me a while, but i now realise that you obviously have a few screws lose and in the same category as muffy.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Wed May 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Yes, and abuse, vulgarity, slander and anger is not a waste of time at all. Particularly when someone says something that's an actual response. The fear of it threatening the status quo of "let's-hate-on-everything-we-can with my abuse being the status quo of this forum" is something you're not fond of, cause it highlights your hypocrisy. You're just as rabid a fanatic of hate and abuse as abdes are of their particular deen. And this forum's given you the support you need to vent your foul mouth. Well done.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu May 30, 2013 2:07 am

Hi Grayson,

As thunderous as your words are ( :wink: ), i must give you 10/10 for perseverance.

A lot of us have come with the intention of proving that all is not bad. Not everything is as dark and ugly and full of conspiracies as the reformists make us out to be. Yes, there is a lot of corruption, but with so many people holding so many positions, with so much money at stake, kissi ki bhi neeyat bigadh sakti hain (anyone's intentions and integrity can be tested and may go bad). But, in terms of sheer numbers, we are outnumbered, which doesnt bother us at all to be honest, but yes, the hatred and evil insinuations and constant barraging and hammering of our tradition and culture which go back hundreds of years can get burdensome and trying to answer to them gets tiresome.

Which is why, after a certain point of time, we just get tired and say 'to hell with it. let them think what they want'.

You, my friend, are walking a path that is extremely stony and almost 70 degrees inclined ( :lol: ) with a lot of resistance from people who only wish to see the bad and never acknowledge the good. i wish you all the best.

Sincerely
Z

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Thu May 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Bohra spring wrote:This is true this website had photos of the incident but for the respect of the lady, air hostess the website Admin censored the photos, which I agree was fair...so don't push the issue.
I have tried to google for this picture but can't seem to find it anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

What exactly is in this photo? Was he just talking to this air hostess or was he putting his hand up her skirt or something? Why are people acting like it was a very scandalous picture?

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Thu May 30, 2013 2:38 pm

Al Zulfiqar wrote:it would be a complete waste of my time debating with a crackpot. its taken me a while, but i now realise that you obviously have a few screws lose and in the same category as muffy.
I wish you were this brave when talking to the Kothar instead of just to other Bhoris on the internet!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 30, 2013 2:40 pm

DB-Londoner wrote:
Al Zulfiqar wrote:it would be a complete waste of my time debating with a crackpot. its taken me a while, but i now realise that you obviously have a few screws lose and in the same category as muffy.
I wish you were this brave when talking to the Kothar instead of just to other Bhoris on the internet!
If only you knew AZ, he has done that with the Aamils and Zaadas too.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Thu May 30, 2013 2:49 pm

DB-Londoner wrote:I have tried to google for this picture but can't seem to find it anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

What exactly is in this photo? Was he just talking to this air hostess or was he putting his hand up her skirt or something? Why are people acting like it was a very scandalous picture?
I'm sorry, I don't have access to it even though I once did. Hopefully a good samaritan can provide it for you. Lol, buddy if he was putting his hand up her skirt it would cause uproar from pretty much everyone (abde syedna's included). From what I recall, it's simply the Mansoos (in his 1st class cabin) with a Bohri flight attendant standing beside him. She's wearing the standard Qatar Airways air hostess attire. The photo was taken on purpose as you can assume from their poses. This isn't some scandalous leaked photo you find in gossip columns. Even though gossip was attributed to it.

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Thu May 30, 2013 4:25 pm

SBM wrote:
DB-Londoner wrote:I wish you were this brave when talking to the Kothar instead of just to other Bhoris on the internet!
If only you knew AZ, he has done that with the Aamils and Zaadas too.
Really? In what way and what impact did it have to the general scheme of things?

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Thu May 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Grayson wrote:
DB-Londoner wrote:I have tried to google for this picture but can't seem to find it anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

I'm sorry, I don't have access to it even though I once did. Hopefully a good samaritan can provide it for you. Lol, buddy if he was putting his hand up her skirt it would cause uproar from pretty much everyone (abde syedna's included). From what I recall, it's simply the Mansoos (in his 1st class cabin) with a Bohri flight attendant standing beside him. She's wearing the standard Qatar Airways air hostess attire. The photo was taken on purpose as you can assume from their poses. This isn't some scandalous leaked photo you find in gossip columns. Even though gossip was attributed to it.
What is the gossip? I'm completely in the dark here!
Why did the lady want the picture removed if it was just a normal publicity photo?

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Thu May 30, 2013 4:32 pm

The lady didn't want the picture removed. People on the forum asked for it's removal. There is no gossip; but people wrote about the picture not unlike gossip columnists (according to my view). I had received that same picture saying how it's important for bohras to be mindful of ridah. Mufaddal bhaisaheb mentioned the same in a waaz of his. Others supplemented that picture with allegations of indecency. That's pretty much it. If you come across that picture, please send it to me too, as for the life of me, I do not understand what all the hullabloo is about.

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Thu May 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Grayson wrote:The lady didn't want the picture removed. People on the forum asked for it's removal. There is no gossip; but people wrote about the picture not unlike gossip columnists (according to my view). I had received that same picture saying how it's important for bohras to be mindful of ridah. Mufaddal bhaisaheb mentioned the same in a waaz of his. Others supplemented that picture with allegations of indecency. That's pretty much it. If you come across that picture, please send it to me too, as for the life of me, I do not understand what all the hullabloo is about.
I see. So its actually nothing more than a storm in a teacup. How disappointing! I was hoping we had him by the balls lol!
Why did people on the forum ask for the picture to be removed? Why did the Admin comply?

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri May 31, 2013 12:12 am

DB-Londoner wrote:
Grayson wrote:The lady didn't want the picture removed. People on the forum asked for it's removal. There is no gossip; but people wrote about the picture not unlike gossip columnists (according to my view). I had received that same picture saying how it's important for bohras to be mindful of ridah. Mufaddal bhaisaheb mentioned the same in a waaz of his. Others supplemented that picture with allegations of indecency. That's pretty much it. If you come across that picture, please send it to me too, as for the life of me, I do not understand what all the hullabloo is about.
I see. So its actually nothing more than a storm in a teacup. How disappointing! I was hoping we had him by the balls lol!
Why did people on the forum ask for the picture to be removed? Why did the Admin comply?

because some people are more decent than you

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Fri May 31, 2013 4:33 am

zinger wrote:
DB-Londoner wrote:I see. So its actually nothing more than a storm in a teacup. How disappointing! I was hoping we had him by the balls lol!

because some people are more decent than you
Was this picture indecent?

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Fri May 31, 2013 4:54 am

DB-Londoner wrote: Was this picture indecent?
Comments around the picture were !

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri May 31, 2013 5:46 am

Thats correct DB-L.

The picture was actually the most normal thing in the world.

But the insinuations, the innuendo, the gossip around it was ridiculous

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Fri May 31, 2013 11:58 am

zinger wrote:Thats correct DB-L.

The picture was actually the most normal thing in the world.

But the insinuations, the innuendo, the gossip around it was ridiculous
Well in that case, removing it only makes things worse doesn't it.

If the picture is out in the open, people can see what it really is and will dismiss all the rumours about it. However if the picture is hidden then there will always remain suspicions and exaggerations.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Fri May 31, 2013 12:29 pm

If it was removed at the urge of users, I assume it's to maintain modesty and privacy for the lady.
Admin, if you could clarify on the matter it'll put this issue to rest. Thank you.

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Fri May 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Grayson wrote:If it was removed at the urge of users, I assume it's to maintain modesty and privacy for the lady.
Why did she pose for a picture if she wanted to remain private?
What is so immodest about being seen talking to a member of the Bohri Royal Family?
Of the 2500 members here, what percentage urged the removal of the picture?
It all seems so sad and pathetic to be honest. Foolish and unnecessary melodrama like this does not reflect well on us at all.

Admin, if you could clarify on the matter it'll put this issue to rest. Thank you.
Good idea.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Fri May 31, 2013 12:53 pm

Actually I'm in support of removing that picture (and didn't like that it was forwarded to me on whatsapp with a supplemented note on how it's an example of what not to do either) even if I didn't ask of it vocally. It's in regards to someone else without their permission and wasn't on public Dawoodi Bohra sites.

I assume it's not modest because she was wearing an airhostess attire and not our traditional dress. Pictures are often taken with Shehzadas and such, so it was not indecent in that a picture with Mufaddal bhaisaheb was taken so much as she wasn't completely covered in the way we're accustomed to. On another note, it's become common practice that women aren't visible in such photos that are displayed publicly. Atleast not on online sites.

There wasn't a vote where people decided to remove or keep it; certain members likely felt the need to and voiced their opinion, and Admin agreed. On another topic we posted pictures of children during dabba khidmat as an example of enslavement of bohra youth. Certain members (myself included) endorsed the removal of those pictures, and they were.

I do not consider the pictures and their removals melodrama so much as the narrative attached to them.

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Fri May 31, 2013 1:07 pm

There seems to be melodrama involving the silly gossip about the picture, and the decision to remove it.

There is already mountains of genuine corruption in the Bohri community, we don't need to lie and make up stories about anything, especially something as trivial as this.

Personally, I'm quite impressed that we have a Bhori girl working as an air hostess. She must be very beautiful which should make us proud.

Hopefully all this Rida nonsense will go in to decline and our women will be allowed to wear Saris like not so long ago. We are supposed to be Fatimids, not backward thinking Wahhabis.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:16 am

DBL...I like your investigative skills..in questions the motive ..keep it up