Islam is not a religion

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Abdulla

Islam is not a religion

Unread post by Abdulla » Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:03 pm

Islam is a not a religion.
Islam is the name of a full and comprehensive Way or System of Life which Allah calls as "Deen."

Why do we argue about sects in Islam when the Quran clears all the doubts on this ayaat in Surah Muminun aayat #52

And this ‘Ummah’ of yours is one ‘Ummah’, and I (Allah) am your Lord, so fear Me alone!

Surah Rum Aayat # 31-32
"This (Islam) is the right and true faith, but most people do not know. (Be steadfast on this) turning wholly and sincerely towards Allah Alone, and fear Him, and establish the Salat, and do not be like the mushriks, who have set up their separate creeds and divided themselves into sects, each sect rejoicing in what it has."

nausicaa

Re: Islam is not a religion

Unread post by nausicaa » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:13 pm

Just saying that all muslims are one doesn't make it so. There are sects within Islam and you'll have to deal with that.

-N

Abdulla

Unread post by Abdulla » Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:37 pm

As believers we have to believe in the commandments of Allah! The sects are man made!!

Asma

Unread post by Asma » Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:09 am

There is no religion in this world that is not divided into sects, maybe the newly formed religion, bahai, but other than that I can't think of any.
The reason behind this is interpretation. To start with every religion is one large Ummah, but as beleivers study the religion, they form different interpretations of the same thing! or they refuse to except the authority of the community leaders. Thus the partition.