Open Letter to Mansoos

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
amte syedna

Open Letter to Mansoos

Unread post by amte syedna » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:45 pm

Baad Afzal us Salaam

Let me first say, I am not a "Progressive Dawoodi Bohra" as I understand it. I believe in the divine right of Aqa Mola (TUS) Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin to preside over mumineen and I believe that nass was performed upon you Syedi Mufaddal Bhaisaheb Saifuddin.

I am posting this letter to this forum because in their zeal to control all aspects of mumineen's lives and their fear of dissent, the khotar has shut down all honest channels of communication, feedback, and constructive criticism in the community. Today, there exists no sanctioned channel in which a mukhlis mumin can give any negative feedback about any aspect of the community to anyone. In a de facto sense, the infallibility once reserved for the Dai has pervaded down to all aspects of everyone involved in the administration of Dawat. Of course, then, sensible and rational mumineen will be driven to unsanctioned channels to speak freely.

In our jamaat in California, we have built a building with the intention of making it a masjid. I believe it will not be a true masjid until it is inaugurated by somebody with Dai's raza to do so. We have been waiting patiently for almost five years, while we use the sahan for our functions. It pains us and breaks our hearts to be so close to our goal, and have to literally watch it through our windows.

Over the past two years, your disdain for America and the Western way of life has become painfully apparent through your many bayans and waaz. Perhaps this is the reason why you have foresaken the opportunity to come and open the many masjids which have been built here and are awaiting inauguration (the more cynical on this forum would say it is because salaams have not been large enough, I choose not to subscribe to that). For better or for worse, the western way of life is a society in which we have become well integrated (with the raza, I might add, of your father and grandfather). And it is a society which has helped fund the greatest glory age of Dawat in recent centuries.

You may have many personal negative feelings about our country or our way of life, and that is absolutely your personal right. But the fact remains that we are your loyal followers. As such, despite your personal distaste, you do have a responsiblity to us. Just as you may have a child you love less than others, or one who is not living a lifestyle you completely approve of, you would have a responsibility to provide them a basic sustanance at a minimum. That child, who a parent has shunned, will love the parent no less and continue to yearn and strive for their approval, just as we love you no less and will continue to yearn and strive for your approval. But if the child continues to be ignored, their love will eventually become mixed with resentment and jealousy of both their parents and their other siblings.

All we are humbly asking for is basic sustenance. Come to America to open our masjids. Please. Allow us to use them as they were intended, for the worship and glorification of Allah (SWT). We are not asking for your approval of our lifestyle, we will continue to yearn and strive for your approval. But ignoring us will only speed the process of resentment and jealousy which has already taken root over these five years, and which I fear will have unacceptable consequences both for our aakherat and the stability of Dawat as a whole and its sustainability in the United States.

You may not love us, you may even hate us. But we love you no less for that. And we are humbly asking you to please perform the bare minimum of your responsibility towards us by opening and allowing us to use our masjids which were built with great pride and community sacrifice. We will pray that perhaps, just perhaps, when you come here you will see something worthy in us that will cause you to hate us less. And that someday we may be worthy enough to see our love for you reflected back to us from your eyes. But until that time, all we strive for is the bare minimum, the privelege of being referred to as:

Amte Syedna TUS wa Mansoosehi TUS

SBM

Re: Open Letter to Mansoos

Unread post by SBM » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Sr Amte
One question why do you need Syenda or Mansoos to come and inaugurate a Masjid any way. Why can not some one pray. Masjid in Santa Cruz was built by Lokhandwala and for long time it stayed empty since Lokhandwala refused the Waqf and finally Kothar gave in and now they perform Namaz and all other activities despite the fact that no Waqaf was done.
Did you consider that it is possible that US Govt may be denying visas to some of the Syedna and Mansoos's people (I Know Syedna and Mansoos have no problem getting Visa to US) but some of his other Zaadas may not be in that category.
Do you know why none of Zaadas except for Malek UL Chuster have not visited US? Do you know lately no Aamils from India or Pakistan are coming to US for Ramadan and Moharram Waez? Have you or anyone ever thought that there may be some reasons that all of sudden Syedna's entourage has not been visiting USA?
And Last, why no mention was made or nothing is said about death of Turab Bhai Saheb of Los Angeles Jamaat and the head of Dawat E Hadiyah USA?

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:13 pm

Sis Amat e Syedna ;

Thank you for such nice and humble araz, however you do not realize that some big egos are involved here. Bakersfield's Masjid is ready and the dad of the Aamil there is a shahzada himself and he has come several times since the completion of their masjid and he can do the waqf and iftetah himself as I have seen in India some 18-20 year old grand-child of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin has done waqf and iftetahs of various masajids there, also we have resident shahzada of USA Malik ul Ashtar B S who could do it and he has also been to CA many a times. The egos involved is because when the Dai comes to waqf and do iftetah of a masjid that is when an Aamil can show his power to his Jamaat. I have heard the masjid in LA is like a Taj Mahal of all the USA masajids and they only want the Dai or his Mansoos to come, no one else less than them. Plus all Aamils want to collect $15,000 - $20,000 from each family from their jamaats when Maula comes which they can not do when any one lesser comes, this cuts down in their cut of the take. No account is ever given of this money as this is not wajebaat, this strictly for covering the expenses. Another thing that happens when iftetah is done by Maula, is that yearly sabeel is increased by manifold, which is more for Aamil to play around with, with any other Shahzada doing the iftetah the increase is not that much and can be questioned. Maula's increase is not argued.
There are 5 masjids in USA waiting for iftetah, also they say innamal aamalo bin niyyat, so the Hoi Polloi got the sawab because these were built with the niyyat of a masjid, however Aamil try to pacify the people by saying it is not a masjid but just a building until Maula blows the rooh in it.
With Raza every Aamil can do his own masjid iftetah but then their ego gets in the way. In Africa there is saying," When two elephants fight, only the grass suffers". Among the tussels of Aamil's egos we momeneen suffer, but take heart that Allah is watching. this is what I say to all the Aamils
Sunay ga woh duain hamari+++ Kiya tumhara khuda hai hamara nahin?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:36 pm

You may not love us, you may even hate us. But we love you no less for that.
Why? If you love him no less, then why are you complaining?

I think the Amtes and Abdes are getting exactly what they deserve.

A masjid opened first and foremost for the worship of a human should lie deserted.

think

Unread post by think » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:39 pm

atlanta masjid project is a laugh of the century. the old secretary bharmal kept singing his tunes" moula ave, moula aave masjid bane, masjid bane" since the past 5 years masjid is still being built. each family was screwed by $52000 each for building the masjid. The price tag of the whole project has gone through the roof. At every miqaat and urus the goonda committee keeps begging for masjid funds. The amils expense escalates every year. A house has been purchased for his family and a new addition is on the way. such is the stupidity and ignorance. The goonda committee has rented an office space from a hindu patel and is forking out huge amounts in rent money, all collected from the guillable bohris. They need this rented place ,so bohris can gather and money can be collected. what a scam.. the goonda committee is nothing more than a whiff of air. The vali mullaq is from calcuutta and looks more like a bengali with no construction sense at all. can go on and on about the screw ups.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:29 pm

SBM wrote:Masjid in Santa Cruz was built by Lokhandwala and for long time it stayed empty since Lokhandwala refused the Waqf and finally Kothar gave in and now they perform Namaz and all other activities despite the fact that no Waqaf was done.
Bro SBM,

A slight correction....... As per my information the bohras residing in Khar and Santa cruz were forced to shell out around Rs.5 lakhs per family and the total amount collected (which was in crores) was finally given to the Dai after which he gave the religious sanctity to the House of Allah !! The house of Allah was finally no longer His but owned by the corrupt Dai who generated money like any other commercial establishment.

amte syedna

Unread post by amte syedna » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:34 am

I guess these replies point to the core of my misunderstanding. Both SBM and Kaka Akela have given potential reasons about why the masjids cannot be opened. These include entourage not getting raza, death of Turab BS, and egos of Aamils involved. But wasn't this supposed to be built as a house of worship of ALLAH (SWT)? Shouldn't it be bigger than any one man? I do believe the masjid needs to be inaugurated and "waqafd" with raza of the Dai. BUT, why should that raza depend on whether the Dai's (or Mansoos's) entourage or brothers can get visas to the united states? What does Turab BS or his death have to do with where the Bakersfield jamaat (as an example) prays namaaz? For that matter, wouldn't an Aamil's ego be much more stroked by leading a congregation in prayer in a true built-to-purpose Masjid rather than a repurposed hall?

I don't want to get too far afield, but I have the same confusion about Dai. I do have love in my heart for Aqa Mola (TUS), but everyone is acting like it is the end of the world when he will die. I am sorry, but isn't the whole point of Nass that Da'wat is bigger than any one man? Rather than have interminable grief, shouldn't it be "The king is dead, long live the king!", we grieve for the person we loved, but move on with someone else in his place of leadership? How can you claim that Mansoos will have the same shaan as Aqa Mola (TUS) but with the very same breath claim it will be akin to the end of the world if Aqa Mola dies?

I am writing with a lot of question marks. Perhaps more questions in my brains than answers. Sorry for that.

Amte Syedna

AMAFHH

Unread post by AMAFHH » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:18 am

As Sallam O Alaikum To every one
i would suggest All of you to listen to the below Lecture in the Link to get some Idea what True Islam Is
Do not go in to sectranism Please ?

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:24 am

Bushara to all whose masjids are waiting to get rooh blownin in otherwise regular buildings---- just heard the news that the money-magnet is coming to Canada and later to USA at the end of the month of September. We all know that the money magent of course is sh--zada Quid Johnny. He is not the ultimate answer to our Aamil's egos but more or less acceptable to them or might even be prefered by them.

Some one should inform IRS to check the current balance of Dawat e Hadiyah account before his arrival and immediately after his departure, then question the mucky mucks of the dawat office for explanation of sudden jump. Because he will be collecting big najwas for iftetah of 5 masjids, then 20-25 ziafats, 20-25 hadiyats and 20-25 Mafsuhiyats and other open bethak salaams. Since the time of embarassment while leaving Africa many years ago with lots of money and getting caught, now they deposit all the money in Dawat account and leave empty handed like innocents and collect it in India, while evading the taxes on income as Dawat e Hadiyah is a religious non- tax paying entity.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Can someone please enlighten me about the following:
And Last, why no mention was made or nothing is said about death of Turab Bhai Saheb of Los Angeles Jamaat and the head of Dawat E Hadiyah USA?

think

Unread post by think » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:41 pm

amte syedna; your love is blind and blurrs your vision.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:28 pm

think wrote:amte syedna; your love is blind and blurrs your vision.
Bro Think: Before posting please THINK what you say is how it contributes to further the discussion, instead of critizising everyone's comment. Why be judgemental?? what do you see wrong with her love of Dai and her vision. Why do you think that only your vision is the correct one?? Even as a progressive don't you also love the same Dai ??Remember we all don't have conflicts with Dai or Mansoos or their teachings, we are against the corruption, threats, forcible collection and strong arming of the kothar and Aamils and Sh--zaadas. we are against baraat, ex-communication, the severe conditions of misaq that reduces us to the staus of slave, we are against their ayyashi and shikar of wild animal that are not consumable,but we all still should believe in Dai and show love and respect for Dai.
you make comments according to what you think and let others do the same without criticizing them for exercising their rights.

think

Unread post by think » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Her confused state is enough evidence in itself. she loves the dai but also has a heap of questions about things that she does not see right. out of the love for dai she is somehow fighting to accept the actions of the dai and kothar even if her judgement says this is the wrong thing to do.
It is not her but many like her who are in thorough confusion. children believe parents are alaways right, till they get educated and find out what the real facts are. Amte is an educated person and somehow the american system of check and balance makes no sense. She trusts the dai but on the other hand when she checks him out she is imbalanced. she just cannot put the love of the dai together with the actions of the dai and the kothar.
many, many are thoroughly confused and instead of being dragged into this confusion everyday of their lives,they have left the love and adopted sensible reasoning and that is why there is the progressive movement who think and question the why instead of taking everything at face value. their love for the dai has been betrayed many a times and they have been burnt by false promises by the kothar and the henchmen.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:47 am

Kaka Akela wrote:
think wrote:amte syedna; your love is blind and blurrs your vision.
Remember we all don't have conflicts with Dai or Mansoos or their teachings, we are against the corruption, threats, forcible collection and strong arming of the kothar and Aamils and Sh--zaadas. we are against baraat, ex-communication, the severe conditions of misaq that reduces us to the staus of slave, we are against their ayyashi and shikar of wild animal that are not consumable,
You have voiced the feelings, opinions and thoughts of thousands like us Kakaji. Thank you for putting it in words.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:23 pm

I feel pity, anger and hopelessness for people who think like
I don't want to get too far afield, but I have the same confusion about Dai. I do have love in my heart for Aqa Mola (TUS), but everyone is acting like it is the end of the world when he will die. I am sorry, but isn't the whole point of Nass that Da'wat is bigger than any one man? Rather than have interminable grief, shouldn't it be "The king is dead, long live the king!", we grieve for the person we loved, but move on with someone else in his place of leadership? How can you claim that Mansoos will have the same shaan as Aqa Mola (TUS) but with the very same breath claim it will be akin to the end of the world if Aqa Mola dies?
Love is emotional but respect is based on character and achievement. Ok one can love an incompetent person but respect ? 53 how can he earn both...I have seen nothing that indicates he is competent and can deliver better outcomes for the community. His arrogance, hate for women freedom or wildlife clearly does not help building emotional love too.

Fortunately our Prophet SAW and his early ahlul bayt deserve both.

I really find it difficult to understand what has the community achieved during the era of 52? Please don't consider wealth accumulation amongst a sizeable number of bohra...because that is a result of the economic success of the world economy generally ...many other communities in Asia , Africa have prospered through GDP growth and emigration . So attributing professional , or material success to Diai is not accurate. Many non Bohras have equally prospered and progressed.

What has 52 and 53 done for social justice, community welfare, world peace, elevating poverty directly. Once someone articulates this then we can consider the value of the era and grant respect. Are Bohra beneficiary of any real progress in ideological sense under the era? Is wearing saya or having delicious jaman the example of success or is the something more valuable and strategic that we have achieved ?

Are we more united , more influential, etc that we can attribute to their leadership ?

Unfortunately our love confuses us and falsely rewards them for our successes in some cases.

how does looking at the hunting photos or ziafats

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Bro Bohra Spring:
No need to feel anger and hopelessness for people who think like amte Syedna, there are 90% bohras who feel like her, the only reason they are here is because the Kothar /Dawat does not provide a channel for us to speak to the powers. they are so immersed in the philosophy that," Maila nu dil na dukhi jaey", So a defeat news by the time it gets to maula is somehow converted into Fateh Mubeen.
The love we are talking about is from the first of the seven daimm Valayat, without this there is no respect or anything else, as a progressive bohra you too should have the valayat of the Rasoolullah SWA, aimmat and Doat without which then you are not a progressive Bohra or any other kind of bohra and should not be on this Forum.
Your anger and hopelessness is meaningless to others, may be you need help in anger management and hope is something internal in you, if you lose hope you lose everything , so don't be a loser and keep hope that someday you will have valayat in your heart as well.
Having said that, we are still not satisfied with what is going on in our community and want change in how we are treated and how the Dawat administration responds to our needs. we are well-educated people all over the world not just in the west. Dawat/ Administration is taking undue advantage of our valyat and treats us as unworthy hoi polloi, but Allah is watching them as well as us. I say to them:
Woh sunay ga duain hamari++++ kiya khuda tumhara hai hamara nahin??

badrijanab

Unread post by badrijanab » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Kaka Akela wrote:Bushara to all whose masjids are waiting to get rooh blownin in otherwise regular buildings---- just heard the news that the money-magnet is coming to Canada and later to USA at the end of the month of September. We all know that the money magent of course is sh--zada Quid Johnny. He is not the ultimate answer to our Aamil's egos but more or less acceptable to them or might even be prefered by them.

Some one should inform IRS to check the current balance of Dawat e Hadiyah account before his arrival and immediately after his departure, then question the mucky mucks of the dawat office for explanation of sudden jump. Because he will be collecting big najwas for iftetah of 5 masjids, then 20-25 ziafats, 20-25 hadiyats and 20-25 Mafsuhiyats and other open bethak salaams. Since the time of embarassment while leaving Africa many years ago with lots of money and getting caught, now they deposit all the money in Dawat account and leave empty handed like innocents and collect it in India, while evading the taxes on income as Dawat e Hadiyah is a religious non- tax paying entity.
@PDB's in US and Canada - Kaka Ji has suggested great idea above. Kindly take initiative to notify concern authority. Hasbun Allah'ho wa naimal waqeel.

LionHunter

Unread post by LionHunter » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:31 pm

amte syedna means slave of syedna, when you already consider him your master then how do u question his authority?

and if you think he is on wrong ways, then better dont consider him your master.

please chose one way out.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:19 am

Kaka Akela wrote:The love we are talking about is from the first of the seven daimm Valayat, without this there is no respect or anything else, as a progressive bohra you too should have the valayat of the Rasoolullah SWA, aimmat and Doat without which then you are not a progressive Bohra or any other kind of bohra and should not be on this Forum.
Your anger and hopelessness is meaningless to others, may be you need help in anger management and hope is something internal in you, if you lose hope you lose everything , so don't be a loser and keep hope that someday you will have valayat in your heart as well.
KA
I take the advise from Daim-ul-islam is right spirit, there should be love ( walayat) for the guiding souls. Daim-ul-Islam states this rule / advise with conviction and understanding that the guiding souls are walking the right path by intent, words and action. If these parameters are not meant then ?

Islamic Teachings also says not to stand by opressors, then how can one love these opressors and manipulators ? Not loving a corrupt clergy shall not disqualify one’s belief or affiliation to previous guiding souls from Prophet to Duaats and to be called bohra. Is bohra / Islam really the inherent property / copyrights of kothar ?

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:03 am

Mullaji is the personification of falsehood.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:21 am

Bros Humanbeing and Seeker110:

If you think the current Dai is not the right one to have valayat for then who is? Do you have another one? Are you promoting revolt and rebellion?? This is not the site for it. if that is your aim then you shouldn't be here, here we want to stay in the fold and seek reform. we claim to be Dawoodi Bohras and we don't know any better Dawoodi Bohra Dai than the current one, even though he may be corrupted and his henchmen are corrupted and he has vast PR Machinery that promotes and elevates him to divine levels, he lives in ayyashi and demands mind-boggling expenses to be incurred wherever he goes in addition to salaams and he has created a whole bunch of psychophants to surround him and his protection force of Burhani guards and many security levels etc etc. A religious leader doesn't need all these, he should be moving about freely among his followers, we want him accountable financially not in deen matters, he also wants same for all his children and grand-children,why? imamuzaman has not appointed all his relatives to this luxury and privileges and not even himself, he appointed him to serve the flock of Imamuzaman and tend to their needs and guide them in times of their troubles. but this Dai his turned everything upside down and want people to serve him, same thing is happening with all the Aamils, they all have learned good from the Dai, instead of serving the people they all want to be pampered in luxury.
like they say in majalis and bayans that Dawat door is open to come in or go out, I think you should choose to go out as you do not consider this dai as the correct dai for you.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:29 pm

One should not live on hope alone, unless one is ready to die fasting.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:55 pm

I don't love or respect Mansoos , I have no valayat, I have no doubt on my identity or faith as a
Muslim, I don't feel any less Bohra, and I don't think it will be needed to have walayat during the day of judgement.

If ever I met Mansoos ..I would tell him. Old man get a life and get off your high horse I may state a list of things I don't agree with what he likes, , i will finish by, your are not my master , but a leader of my tribal relatives so I will show you respect and courtesy as a fellow human being .

So orthodox or conservatives ...I cannot comprehend that my faith requires me to love or respect a corrupt diai just because some scriptures state. If the diai does not deserve it , move on and ditch the tradition or replace him.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:53 pm

If I ever meet Mansoos alone, I would ask him to get in my truck. Because nothing will work unless we do. Only hard work will define our character. I will buy lunch and there will be some lassi.