wajeebat

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
mature

Re: wajeebat

Unread post by mature » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:31 am

its not the amils fault he talks like that to all shaitans and he is different with moomineen

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:36 pm

Sheitan-ul Burhania : the 2.5% for zakaat is in the books only for sabaq purposes and to show to the rest of the muslim world that we are not any different from anyone as we have not changed the shariat. But when you go behind the closed doors to pay your vajibaats things change drastically and they try to strong arm you for more money. Same thing was done to me here in Texas. I told them that zakaat is between me & God, your joib is only to collect and distribute,this is my zakaat if you want to accept it , fine, otherwise the gunah is on your head not mine because I came to pay it and you are not accepting it and just walk away. When I did that then the Amil called me after the Ramadaan and asked me to bring the zakaat which I wanted to pay and I did pay exactly what I had intended.
They do try to squeeze much more out of you every year from the preceding year. But we all have to stand our ground and put fear of God on them. He asked me how much is my salary when I went the first time and then doubled my zakaat without asking what my expenses or savings were. In the book the zakaat is vajib on the savings that you had for one full year and not income. But they are trying to slowly lead the bohra community away from shariat into a deal like Aga Khanis who pay their vajibaats at the rate of 10-12 % of their GROSS income (before taxes), and they also have to show their W-2 forms to prove that they are paying it right. Slowly our Amils will demand the same thing from us, if we all don't stand up and demand their adherence to the shariat. Good Luck to you and May Allah give you courage to face these greedy folks bravely.

Africawala

Unread post by Africawala » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:46 pm

Dear Kaka Akela,
like Aga Khanis who pay their vajibaats at the rate of 10-12 % of their GROSS income (before taxes), and they also have to show their W-2 forms to prove that they are paying it right.
Please visit http://muslim-canada.org/fiqhch4.html

Nizari Ismailis pay 12.50% on their income as follows: 10% as mentioned in the above link and 2.5% as prescribed by the Prophet S.A.W.

As shias we are also expected to pay Khums: Please visit: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/law/fiqhuss ... s3_40.html

There are some wealthy Ismailis who pay 25%.

Nobody has a right to look at anybody's W2 forms. What you have heard is not true. I have never had to show my W2. I have never been asked what and how much I am paying. You go to the priest and hand over money which is mixed with the rest of zakah that comes in. it does not have to be Ramadhan or any other month. You are required to pay your dues the day you get paid (or whenever you can go to Jamat Khana)because who knows whether you will live until Ramadhan or Mohorram, etc.

There is no force, nobody will come knocking at your door or call you over the phone to ask you to come and deliver your zakah. If you have never paid your Zakah, your religios ceremonies, like Nikkah and burial will not be impacted. They will be carried out, irrespective. There are no registers to register your dues.

For more information on Zakah please read Imam Ghazzali's: Ihya Ulum-ID-Din, Vol. I. He details all the percentages that are due on our possessions, earnings, farm and farm animals, etc.. It is a complicated method.

Also, Tithe/Ushr has been mandated by Allah S.W.T. since Hazarat Ebrahim A.S. Please read King James Version of Bible or google it and read up on Tithe.

Hindus are required to pay Dassance (10%). It seems every religion is required to pay 10%.

I hope this is clear, Sir.

Africawala

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:08 am

dear africawala

If i may ask, what is the purpose of collection, who is (are) the beneficiery(ies).IN return what does a payee get. by paying is he supposed to be buying a place in paradise. or are there any earthly benefits attached. my same questions applies to bohra wajebat. the state taxes are paid and collected under different criteria. state taxes are collected, then in return, the state provide payee with guaranteed excess to security, health, transportation etc. so in way what we are paying is the cost of services rendered. state taxes are minutley audited, any embezzlement is prosecuted. so we know who, why and where they are spent.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:16 am

mature: by the way how much did you pay this year. can you enlighten us about the friendly chat, you had with your amil, when you visited for takhmeen. again whatever you paid, did you honestly pay your taxes, if you did not, then you are an oxy moron. beacuse you are a thief, who wants to get away with things without paying. can you ask amil, not paying taxes is a gunah or sawab. are they ready to accept the wajebat, knowing the incumbent has not paid its legal taxes.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:48 am

sorry, in my previous mail, please read "access" instead of excess.

Africawala

Unread post by Africawala » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:57 am

Dear Accountability,
If i may ask, what is the purpose of collection, who is (are) the beneficiery(ies).IN return what does a payee get. by paying is he supposed to be buying a place in paradise. or are there any earthly benefits attached. my same questions applies to bohra wajebat. the state taxes are paid and collected under different criteria. state taxes are collected, then in return, the state provide payee with guaranteed excess to security, health, transportation etc. so in way what we are paying is the cost of services rendered. state taxes are minutley audited, any embezzlement is prosecuted. so we know who, why and where they are spent.
I think you have no idea where the money is spent. Please visit Ismaili.net, akdn.org, akf.org, Focus Humanitarian Assistance, etc. You can see the exact links at Ismaili.net.

I do not know where you are located or where you are from. Dues collected are spent for building schools in the Third World countries. I come from Africa, and Aga Khan schools were there before any other Muslim community built schools. Schools, Hospitals, dispensaries, maternity homes, Founding Homes, Co-operative Societies,Ismaili Welfare societies, Widows funds, etc. were started by the late Aga Khan and continued by the present Aga Khan. Much more has been added by the present Aga Khan.

Through akdn and akf and more such agencies, water, electricity and housing have been built by these agencies in the Third World. Have you been to Al Azhar Park in Cairo? It has been built by Aga Khan Development Network. Once again the Fatimid flag (Ismaili flag) is flying in Cairo in the Park. Please make sure you visit this beautiful Park when you go to Cairo. Aga Khan Medical Universities in Pakistan, Uganda and Kenya are other examples. Whatever the governments provide with your tax money, Aga Khan provides that and much more with the Wajeebat money, not only to his followers but to the humanity at large.

During the recent Tsunami in Asia and Earthquake in Pakistan Aga Khan Institutions mobilised funds, rations, tents, water, etc. and helicopters to airlift people and bring aid to them. Same aid is being extended to people in Afghanistan.

Wajeebat does not secure you a place in Heaven, your good deeds do.

Africawala

mature

Unread post by mature » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:38 am

why do you assume that we do not pay our taxes,how do you think we got our tons of money unlike you we are taxpayers and also wajebat payers ,if it hurts you too bad and for your info the amils i talk to are friendly

mature

Unread post by mature » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:56 am

also show me one one religion or community inthe world wherethe followers do not pay anything,it does not exist infact others ay a lot more then we do and get much more less benefits

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:42 pm

Dear **Mature
You didnot answer accountability's answer
How much did you pay towards WAJEBAAT and did you pay honestly without bargining with Aamil and BTW which bilad do you belong to where your Aamil is so friendly, might be lot of people from different Bilads can join your Bilad

mature

Unread post by mature » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:46 am

according to me whatever i paid was not enough if i had more i would have paid that as well as for where i stay all i can tell you is that i belong to dawoodi bohra community which is settled every where in africa ,america,europe asia middle east,so i stay in all those places under my moula dua,understand omadonkey

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:01 pm

Hello IM MATURE
You still didnot answer the question. which Bilad do you belong to. Just like any imamture, if you cannot answer the question you turn on name calling. What a pathetic SABAK you are getting from your teacher.MAY ALLAH GIVE YOU SOME UNDERSTANDING of course with the wasila of Moula and seems his duas are not working for you because you cannot coverse without getting all too hyped and start name calling just like they do in all the WAAZ

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:39 pm

Mature: let me gather correctly, you are the one who said that one shehzada helped you when your kith and kin were sick, now you are saying that you have tons of money, either that shehzada has no information, or you are a cheat. if you had money then you should not have usurped the rights of the deserved ones. or did i forget, that it is no longer our custom to practice welfare.

mature

Unread post by mature » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:16 am

where have i said that i have been helped by shezadas with money or in any way please stop telling lies even though it might in your blood

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:11 pm

Mature my apologies, you were not helped by any shahazada. may be it was another, ...mature, who did reply to my querry, that he was helped by a shahzada, actually he was making a point, that shahzadas do help people, now you want to negate it, so be it. i take your word for this.

mature

Unread post by mature » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:22 am

stop your iblis ways and stop twisting my words

mature

Unread post by mature » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:46 am

what this shows is how much you progs lie ,no wonder since your moula and his aide i.e. engineer and insaaf are the biggest liars of all

mature

Unread post by mature » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:27 am

our moula (tus) always i repeat always tells the truth ,its your moulas engine and insaap who are liars in all ways ,the biggest lie they tell you is that they care for you and are fighting for you

mature

Unread post by mature » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:37 am

who is kidding who.we dawoodi bohras followers of our moula are close to 1.2 million,the reformists progs followers of shaitan engine only in unknown minute numbers.we bohras according to insaap and others doing very well with tons of money ,and keeping our culture intact.the progs no money all gone,no culture no religion,no identity as muslims ,in fact cannot be differentiated from hindus look the same. so check your facts and get real

mature

Unread post by mature » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:04 am

in fact hindus because of their culture can be recognized due to their tikka on forehead,but you progs have no identity at all apart from being great crybabies and great complainers,first put your house in order then come to our house to comment on us. just by claiming that you are dawoodi- bohras will not make it so,even if you are buried in a bohra cemetery.whats the truth is you progs are nowhere with nothing

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:09 pm

Here he goes again IM Mature
Just like we donot start our Jaman without saying Bismillah, IMMATURE cannot say anything without mentioning Engineer and Insaaf. In USA or UK he could be charged with stalking.
Man get life and BTW whatever happend to Pro Pig and Pro Frog, seems one has been converted to Bacon and the other has been served as delicacy.

mature

Unread post by mature » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:56 am

ha ha omadonkey the truth hurts doesnt it,

mature

Unread post by mature » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:27 am

why omadonkey dont you try to answer about your so called progs identity if you have one,rather then protecting your ****** if i say their names you will quote same thing stupid again

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:40 pm

Can any one make sense of IM MATURE's last posting.
IM MATURE
Did you go to one the Kothari English school or
R U a graduate of one of the JAMIYAH
Even your Kothari Masters must be shaking their heads in shame when they read your postings and must be wondering how did an IMMATURE can be their followers but again they do need people like you otherwise the flock will keep on shrinking :)

mature

Unread post by mature » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:33 am

omadonkey what you are really trying to say is that like we start all things by saying in arabic aazubillahisamiilalim minashaitanirajim then we say bismillah so you are right i remember the shaitan whenever i start something,all of you know who the shaitans today are

Anwar

Unread post by Anwar » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:37 pm

Hi mature, what does "tus" after moula mean?????????

jamanpasand

Unread post by jamanpasand » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:53 pm

(T)awal allah (U)mer (S)harif

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:30 pm

Originally posted by Anwar:
Hi mature, what does "tus" after moula mean?????????
A couple of years back someone on the board expanded it as "Tamaam Ulluon na Sardaar". At that time it was hard to foresee that frogs and pigs too would join the band and this title will become obsolete.... ;)

salim

Unread post by salim » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:21 pm

My Donation was also rejected; I was too busy with my project and could not go to Jamat Khana and I missed the announcement for fund raising. When one of my friends told me about fund raising and I went to volunteer to donate money, he told me it’s all over; no more donations will be accepted.

I have never heard of some one being forced to pay donation(zakat). Though I have heard of incidents, where people had a fight with volunteer for not excepting their donations. One of my close friends $20,000 donation check was recently got rejected. He almost had a fight with the volunteer, because volunteer was not excepting his check. The reason for rejection of his donation was there were 3 student groups wanted to donate. Volunteer rejected my friend’s donation and accepted the student group donation. The day when these 4 people (my friend, 3 student leaders) approached the volunteer, the fundraising campaign was only $21,000 away from reaching its goal.

The place where I live, the Jamat is very small. In big Jamat they have rejected millions of dollars in donation, because if they accept it then a regular Ismaili won’t get change in donating their money to Aga Khan Foundation for the upliftment of under privileged and poor people.

Who will know more about Aga Khan Foundation then Ismailies? Aga khan foundation is not corrupt. Ismailies donate to AKF because they know their money will be utilized in a better way if they donate it to AKF then using it some where else.

This does not mean every Ismaili is participating in zakat. There are many who don’t, but no one is forced to pay. Also not all fundraisings meeting their goal. When they can't meet the goal then still no one is forced.

We try our best to help poor and needy people and for me helping others is one of the pillars of islam.

[quote]
“I came accross a girl, she was given a hard time in her marriage, because of her dues.â€

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:19 am

salim,

Actually it sounds kind of stupid to be rejecting donations, unless there is no one on earth who needs a donation anymore. If more money gets collected for one type of fund then put it in another type of fund. Looks like there is a limit on accepting donations because there may be fraudulent stuff going around which may be exposed if more than a certain amount of money showed up.