Sabak on "Daimul Islam".

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ghulam muhammed

Sabak on "Daimul Islam".

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Sabaks (brainwashing sessions) have become an integral part of the bohra activities as various sabaks are held by the kothar missionaries in every nook and corner of bohra centric areas. Recently a new sabak has started on "Daimul Islam" and one of the features is that bohras are told that qayamat will take place during the reign of the 59th dai. If any more details are available then members on this forum can share them on this thread. Kothar has cleverly chosen this subject because bohras are prohibited from reading daimul islam and hence there is more curiousity to know more about the book. This way a lot of interest is garnered and bohras are keen to know more about the book which is hidden from them. Hence their main agenda can be conveniently incorporated in the garb of a 'holy sabak' which is needless to say .... extort more and more money from the abdes and also firmly nail in their minds that there is no salvation in the absence of Burhanudin saab, no jannat without ruku chithi and wajebat.

Hussain_KSA

Re: Sabak on "Daimul Islam".

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:06 am

Mubarak,

Thanks for sending me PDF of Daim ul Islam in Hindi version. I was just wondering if it is possible to publish the same book on the library section of this website. Could you kindly get the permission or let me know to whom I should talk in order to get permission.

I think publihsing the same book on this board will clear the mind and misconception about the book "Daim ul Islam" and it will help the bohras to understand true religion.

Regards

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:12 pm

Do the Ismailis also believe in Daimul Islam ? Or is it exclusive for Dawoodi Bohras ? Recently I came accross an article on their site in which there was a mention of the book as under :-

"Qadi Noman in his Daim ul Islam says: "Iman (faith) is to witness that there is no God but God and Muhammad is His servant and Messenger; to believe in Heaven and Hell, in Resurrection and Doomsday; to believe in the Prophets and Messengers of God; to believe in the Imams; to know and acknowledge the Imam of the time (Imam az-zaman) and to submit to his will; to comply with God's commands; and to obey the Imam." In another passage he says: "We have related that the Commander of the Faithful, Ali ibn Abu Talib, God's blessings be on him, was asked about Islam and Iman. He replied, "Islam is acknowledgment (iqrar), whereas Iman is both acknowledgment and knowledge (ma'rifa). He to whom God makes known his own self, his Prophet, and his Imam, and who then acknowledges such, is a Mu'min (believer)."

http://www.amaana.org/imam/imamat00.htm

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Ghulam mohammed, Ismailis too believe in Daim ul islam. their and our versions are a bit different. But anyways it is the same book. In american congress library, daimul islam is listed as a fiction literature.
But I never found anything in daim ul islam, what is narrated in our waaz. Even some refrences are distorted and bent to suite their whims.
You know, our religion now is a big ponzi scheme, may be we already have found bernie madoff.

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:12 am

Hussain_KSA wrote:Mubarak,

Thanks for sending me PDF of Daim ul Islam in Hindi version. I was just wondering if it is possible to publish the same book on the library section of this website. Could you kindly get the permission or let me know to whom I should talk in order to get permission.

I think publihsing the same book on this board will clear the mind and misconception about the book "Daim ul Islam" and it will help the bohras to understand true religion.

Regards
Dear Hussain bhai,

I spoke with Janab bhai Sajjad Hussain KG and he suggested that they have came accross some minor spelling errors like in word 'Zafar Sadik', there are at some places dot under 'za' and some places it is missing, and likewise. He says that they are rectifying and shortly will come out with spell errors rectified version.

Should you wish to speak with him then he can be contacted on his mobile: +91 9214695674

With best regards,

Yours sincerely,

Mubarak

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:24 am

Thanks Mubarak.

Could you kindly give me email of brother Sajjad Hussain KG?

Regards

Insight

Unread post by Insight » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:36 am

Where is it possible to get the true copy of Diam-ul-Islam original in arabic or English translation or translation in some other indian language.
Can anyone help.
Regards

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:21 am

Daaim al-Islam by Al-Qazi Al-Numan is translated by Prof. AAA Faizee and revised and annotated by Prof Ismail Kurban Husain Poonawala in two volumes known as ,The Pillars of Islam' and published by Oxford University Press recently in year 2004.
Available in India at:
YMCA Library building , Jai Singh Road, New Delhi 110001

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:05 pm

Insight wrote:Where is it possible to get the true copy of Diam-ul-Islam original in arabic or English translation or translation in some other indian language.
Can anyone help.
Regards

Dear Insight,

I have a PDF copy of Daim-ul-Islam in Hindi, translated under macro guidance of Ustad Janab Ahmed Ali Raj and done by Janab Sajjad bhai KG (Pesh Imam, Khan Ji Pheer mosque, Udaipur), Janab Aquib Palana Wala (Pesh Imam, Rasoolpura mosque, Udaipur) and party.

Should you or anyone need that soft copy I can email you immediately, kindly send a private message to me mentioning your email address.

Best regards,

Mubarak

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Mubarak,

You can send us the pdf to us at reform@dawoodi-bohras.com and we'll post it in the bohra literature section.

Admin

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Admin wrote:Mubarak,

You can send us the pdf to us at reform@dawoodi-bohras.com and we'll post it in the bohra literature section.

Admin

Dear Admin,

I sincerely appreciate your point.

I will send you that pdf on Monday, Inshallah.

With best regards,

Mubarak

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks to Mubarak bhai, Da'a'im al-Islam (in Hindi) is now available on this site:
http://dawoodi-bohras.com/library/bohra_literature/

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:47 pm

Dear Admin, can you please post the english translation as well.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:57 am

Accountability,

We do not have the English version of Da'a'im al-Islam in PDF format, and even if we had we wouldn't be able to make it freely available here. The English translation is copyright material and is only available through purchase.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:09 am

Thankyou admin, please let me know where can i buy it from.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:30 pm

As Insaf sahab has mentioned above, it is available from:

OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS INDIA
1st Floor, YMCA Library Building
1 Jai Singh Road
New Delhi 110001
Phone: +91 (11) 374 7124/7125 + 91 (11) 373 4769/2990
FAX: +91 (11) 374 2312

Here the links to the two volumes:
Volume 1: http://www.oup.co.in/search_detail.php?id=143852
Volume 2: http://www.oup.co.in/search_detail.php?id=144093

jawanmardan

Unread post by jawanmardan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:02 pm

Volume One explains the principles of the faith, where Volume Two deals with legal matters such as marriage, inheritance...

Unfortunately its quite expensive.

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Mon May 21, 2012 2:08 pm

jawanmardan wrote:Volume One explains the principles of the faith, where Volume Two deals with legal matters such as marriage, inheritance...

Unfortunately its quite expensive.
Alhamdulillah i had read the english version of 2 volumes some 3 years back and i found it very interesting. One important surprise was that the azaan given in it did not contain aliyun waliyullah.And most of the contents are more in favour of the Ahle Sunnah than the Bohras!
It was available in saifee book store opposite mandvi post office , mumbai in spite of the ban.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Dear Members,

Can someone tell me where can i find Daimul Islam english or urdu version. I really wanna read it.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Peace wrote:Dear Members,

Can someone tell me where can i find Daimul Islam english or urdu version. I really wanna read it.
Please help me I m waiting.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:48 pm

You can get it from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Ismail-Ku ... s+of+islam

It is not available on line.

Peace

Unread post by Peace » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:33 pm

anajmi wrote:You can get it from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Ismail-Ku ... s+of+islam

It is not available on line.
Thanks

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Thu May 08, 2014 11:44 am

Salaam,

As I understand we all Muslims follow Quran now i had come across this new book (atleast for me) i.e. Daimul Islam which I understand deals with the Ismaili faith. My question, if Quran is the base of islam than why we follow Daimul islam?

A small explanation on both this book will help me to clear my confusion.

Vas-Salaam

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Thu May 08, 2014 12:03 pm

First and formost this is a Zaahir book just like Quran e Majeed. No one needs any kind of raza from any one nor do any kind of special salaam to get the sabak, if our religion cannot give their basic religious knowledge for free and public. There is something seriously shady about it.

BTW: Anyone having contact in mid-east countries can order really good quality books from there. I dont think the book shops took the raza to print & publish it

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Thu May 08, 2014 12:31 pm

The Book Daim ul Islam in 2 volumes is also available in Urdu language. I had bought them in a shop in New Delhi. About 20 years ago I gave all my collection of books to my son (lives in a different town from me) as I lost interest in life when my beloved wife passed away and now I barely exist. So I can not give you the exact details of the name of the author or the address where I bought them. Sorry but you can google that and find out for yourself, but i assure they exist in Urdu as well.

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Thu May 08, 2014 12:48 pm

Salaams, Can anyone send me the link of Diam Islam books (pedf format) in English so I can read it. The links provided above does not work

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Thu May 08, 2014 1:33 pm

Kaka Akela wrote:The Book Daim ul Islam in 2 volumes is also available in Urdu language. I had bought them in a shop in New Delhi. About 20 years ago I gave all my collection of books to my son (lives in a different town from me) as I lost interest in life when my beloved wife passed away and now I barely exist. So I can not give you the exact details of the name of the author or the address where I bought them. Sorry but you can google that and find out for yourself, but i assure they exist in Urdu as well.
Kaka Akela...you don't have to exist...you can contribute so much to the community and we all need your help and assistance to make a positive change and impact in the community...we need educated and open-minded individuals like you to inspire and motivate us. We are sorry for your loss and we can feel pain you may have gone through but getting involved in the welfare of the community would perhaps help in getting over the sorrow and sadness in life.