Dawoodi Bohras in the media - 2015

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
zinger

Re: Dawoodi Bohras in the media - 2015

Unread post by zinger » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:10 am

bohrabhai wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 61346.aspx
c992186a-5637-4a6f-b12f-627bf55b2e8fwallpaper1.jpg
who is he?
whoever he is, google has a lot of pics of him doing yoga. check it out

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:41 pm

the problem or side observation is that the bohra man sitting next to a man whose name is Ram Madhav.He is RSS man recently infused into BJP to micromanage RSS agenda in government policies. He is the man who is in center of controversy regrading tweet against Indian vice president Hamid Ansari.

it may be coincidence but When muslim hater is next to bohra muslim certainly question will be asked.

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:07 pm

AHMED SHAKIR – A man committed to community and country
http://www.theindianpanorama.com/person ... 32111.html
A short, thin middle aged man- you may probably take him for just another man in the street. But no. He is not an ordinary man. He is not a man to be ignored. He is a man to be noticed. Inside the seemingly frail frame of the man is a powerhouse of energy. Besides his morning until late afternoon work, he is to be found at most social events. And then his job requires a lot of traveling. This is Ahmed Shakir, P.E.

Shakir told me he has always been a hard working person. It was his love of work that brought him from India to the USA in 1969. While many come to this country to make money and to enjoy life, Shakir chose to get education. He received his B.S. and M.S. in structural engineering from the University of Texas.

As a student he was active in international, Indian, and Muslim student associations because of his deep interest in social, community, and political activities. This initial commitment stemmed from his belief that everyone should dedicate some of their time to improving and serving their community.

Over the past thirty years, Ahmed has been extensively involved in the union and labor activities. Consider his accomplishments.

Yet another recognition.
Yet another recognition.
He is the first South Asian elected as Secretary of Civil Service Technical Guild which represents 7000 Engineers, Architects, Scientists, Etc. for five consecutive terms, since 1998.

He is the first South Asian to serve as Vice President on the Board of Directors of the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance of U.S.A.
He was on the Board of Directors of the Eastern Queens Democratic Party and a chair for the union and their political office.
He is a founding Vice President of the American Engineering Alliance which was established in 1996.
He is elected six consecutive terms as DC 37 Delegate.

Society of Indo American Engineers and Architects honored Shakir at the annual gala in November 2014. He is seen here with Lok Sabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan who had given away the award. Also seen (second from left) is the Consul General of India in New York, Ambassador Dnyaneshwar Mulay.
Society of Indo American Engineers and Architects honored Shakir at the annual gala in
November 2014. He is seen here with Lok Sabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan who had given away
the award. Also seen (second from left) is the Consul General of India in New York, Ambassador
Dnyaneshwar Mulay.
As Treasurer of FIA since 2009, Ahmed has been bringing new sponsors for FIA and helps FIA to connect with Senators, Congressmen and Political leaders at City and at the State level.

Ahmed Shakir with New York City Comptroller Yet another recognition. Scott Stringer
Ahmed Shakir with New York City Comptroller Yet another recognition. Scott Stringer
Among his peers and colleagues, Ahmed has come to be seen as a man who promotes the idea and practice of tolerance in every facet of life. He believes that people should work together regardless of nationality, religion, or race, because peace and prosperity can only be achieved through non-violence, patience and service to the needy. Ahmed’s message to our community in USA is: come together and let us take a leadership role in our adopted country. This country gave us all the opportunity to make our dream come true. We should make every effort to support the various south Asian and Asian organizations to be successful and serve our community here and in India.

Shakir with Congressman Joseph Crowley
Shakir with Congressman Joseph Crowley
Ahmed Shakir has been at pains to strike a balance between the various calls- family, work, community. He belongs to Bohra community, which has a small presence in the USA. Now Bohras in India are a prosperous trading community. They are known to be charitable and helping not only their own community but contributing to any humanitarian cause. Shakir who has been involved in the affairs of Bohra community in New York is also very close to the Bohra spiritual leaders. He has not only been a confidant of his spiritual masters but has also been honored for his valuable contribution to community. He is currently Hon. Secretary, Public Relations of the Dawoodi Bohra community in New York.

Shakir with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
Shakir with New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
For his work and services, Shakir has been recognized and honored at various levels. Some of the awards he won are Hero of Labor Award, Congressional Achievement Award, World Business Forum Lifetime Achievement Award, Excellence in Services Award from the Islamic Community, Friends of Labor award conferred on him by the Civil Services Technical Guild. He has been honored by a number of Organizations and associations. The Indo American Society of Engineers and Architects (SIAEA) honored him for his services to the profession in November 2014. Recipient of many commendations, Shakir has received a number of proclamations and citations from the City to the Congress.

A jewel of the Indian American community, Shakir is a simple person imbued with a spirit to serve.

Ahmed Shakir is married to Dr. Khadija and they live in Manhasset Hills, New York.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:08 am

bohrabhai wrote:the problem or side observation is that the bohra man sitting next to a man whose name is Ram Madhav.He is RSS man recently infused into BJP to micromanage RSS agenda in government policies. He is the man who is in center of controversy regrading tweet against Indian vice president Hamid Ansari.

it may be coincidence but When muslim hater is next to bohra muslim certainly question will be asked.
i personally feel you are making a mountain of a molehill. the seating arrangement was in all probability arbitrary. best not to make anything out of it

and please do not plant seeds of dissent with the last part of your closing statement. you are educated enough to know that this is how trouble starts

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:21 am

IMG-20150622-WA0000.jpg
Zinger you may be absolutely right. But I am just making observation. Kothar and ruling party nexus is well known. Today BJp is in power so closeness with BJp is understandable. whenever government want to show muslim supporting their schemes they use bohra people.
By using bohra people government can show to world that Muslim are also supporting thier schemes as most people do not recognize difference between bohra s and other Muslim communities.
But problem is that where ever bohras are in significant in number they are hated by both Hindus and Muslim communities. Hindus never treat well as they recognise us as part of Muslims and Muslim never trust us as we recognize above Muslims.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 am

bohrabhai wrote:
IMG-20150622-WA0000.jpg
Zinger you may be absolutely right. But I am just making observation. Kothar and ruling party nexus is well known. Today BJp is in power so closeness with BJp is understandable. whenever government want to show muslim supporting their schemes they use bohra people.
By using bohra people government can show to world that Muslim are also supporting thier schemes as most people do not recognize difference between bohra s and other Muslim communities.
But problem is that where ever bohras are in significant in number they are hated by both Hindus and Muslim communities. Hindus never treat well as they recognise us as part of Muslims and Muslim never trust us as we recognize above Muslims.
bohrabhai, sorry if my words seemed hard but it is statements like what i pointed out that are mischievous

yes, there is no doubt that the kothar is an extremely cunning machine that knows who to latch itself too like a leech but i disagree that if the govt wants to show muslim support they do so by catching Bohras. We are a miniscule minority and are in the limelight only now, due to the ties with Modi.

mainstream muslims have always been considered when trying to gain opinions and buy-ins. during the international yoga day, the ulemas and other non-Bohra muslims were approached, not the kothar. so i will have to disagree with what you say

and as for hindus not treating us well, the world despises Muslims, but that is due to other reasons which are best not gone into, in this conversation

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:07 am

bohrabhai wrote:the problem or side observation is that the bohra man sitting next to a man whose name is Ram Madhav.He is RSS man recently infused into BJP to micromanage RSS agenda in government policies. He is the man who is in center of controversy regrading tweet against Indian vice president Hamid Ansari.

also, just saw the pic again. the bohra bhai (pun unintended :wink: ) is behind him, not next to him as you claim

adna_mumin

Unread post by adna_mumin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:59 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/s ... 354189.ece

SBUT gaining in limelight, more and more.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:11 pm

adna_mumin wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/s ... 354189.ece

SBUT gaining in limelight, more and more.
What is SBUT link to people's welfare and religious progress ?

AgnosticIndian

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:28 am

bohrabhai wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 61346.aspx
c992186a-5637-4a6f-b12f-627bf55b2e8fwallpaper1.jpg
who is he?

Abbas Ali Bohra. He is BJP guy from Bangalore. He is so the leader of Muslim Rashtriya Manch the Muslim wing of RSS.

Was in the news when he led the delegation of Bohras to Modi to back the International Yog Day & had passed statement against Congressis saying those who do Sonia Namaskar don't understand Surya Namaskar.

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:11 pm

IMG-20150629-WA0013.jpg
IMG_20150629_073517125.jpg
Baroda and dahod mumin in fake money scam. One is learned sheikh saab.

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:29 am

[attachment=0]IMG-20150629-WA0014.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG-20150629-WA0014.jpg

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:58 pm

watsup msg :

Forwarded as Received :-

Bohra o maate ghanu mohtu lakhaan aavyu che Bahrain newspaper Al Wasit ma...... Likhe che ke aa logo beech ma koi ne besaare che..... thaali utaare che like Hindu god..... ane Sajda kare che..... aa logo Muslim nathi !!

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:06 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:watsup msg :

Bohra o maate ghanu mohtu lakhaan aavyu che Bahrain newspaper Al Wasit ma...... Likhe che ke aa logo beech ma koi ne besaare che..... thaali utaare che like Hindu god..... ane Sajda kare che..... aa logo Muslim nathi !!

Can any one translate this please.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:02 pm

BHURANI COLLEGE ME HO RAHE GHOTALE ME N.S.U.I KE STUDENTS NE ZABARDAST PROTEST KIYA.....!!!!

Jafferynews Ko Ek N.S.U.I (NATIONAL STUDENTS UNION OF INDIA) Ke Student Ne Request Ki Bhurani College Me Ho Rahe Ghothale Ko Aap Social Media Ke Zariye Failaye. Is Student Ka naam Mohammed Sarwar Raza Furniture Wala Hai Aur Ye Janab Ne Hame Bataya Ki Bhurani College Me Admission Ke Liye College Donation Mangti Hai Jabki Iski Koi Zarurat nahi hai. Kyuke Bhurani College ek Muslim minority College Hai. Aapko Batade Bhurani College Me Shia Students Ke Saat Har Koi Students Se Donation Liya Ja raha hai. Isi Ghotale Ke Ho Rahe N.S.U.I Students Ne Saturday Ko Zabardast Protest Kiya Aur Unki Demand Raki.

Aapko Batade Ye Puri Report Sunday Ke Midday newspaper Me page No 6 Me Bhi Aa Chuki Hai.

Jafferynews Ko Janab Ne Ye Bhi Bataya Ki In - house Students Ke liye Per Sit 5k Ziyada Liya Jaraha Hai. Aur Out-House Student Ko Per Sit 25 se 35k Tak ki Demand Kar Rahi Hai. Aur Ye University Ke Rule Ke Khilaf Hai.

JAFFERY NEWS Ka Ye News Post karne Ka Yahi Maqsad Hai Ki Agar koi Bhi Shia Student Bhurani College Me Admission Le Rahe Ho Tho Donation Na Bhare Aur agar College Management Zabardasti Donation Ki Demand Kare Tho Janab Sarwar Raza Ko Contact Kare :- 9930102408

Reported By :- Sarwar Raza.

Jafferynews.com

http://jafferynews.blogspot.in/2015/06/ ... me_29.html

Now, admission fiasco rocks Burhani college

In-house students accuse authorities of step-motherly attitude, say that the college is demanding bribe to give admission -

See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/now-adm ... l4gDa.dpuf

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:24 pm

I believe that vested interests want Burhani College to shut down as it sits on prime real estate in Mazgaon. I smell a plot wherein they (college management (Kothar could be involved)) plan to shut the college by hook or by crook and sell the land to some builder and make crores in the process!
ghulam muhammed wrote:BHURANI COLLEGE ME HO RAHE GHOTALE ME N.S.U.I KE STUDENTS NE ZABARDAST PROTEST KIYA.....!!!!

Jafferynews Ko Ek N.S.U.I (NATIONAL STUDENTS UNION OF INDIA) Ke Student Ne Request Ki Bhurani College Me Ho Rahe Ghothale Ko Aap Social Media Ke Zariye Failaye. Is Student Ka naam Mohammed Sarwar Raza Furniture Wala Hai Aur Ye Janab Ne Hame Bataya Ki Bhurani College Me Admission Ke Liye College Donation Mangti Hai Jabki Iski Koi Zarurat nahi hai. Kyuke Bhurani College ek Muslim minority College Hai. Aapko Batade Bhurani College Me Shia Students Ke Saat Har Koi Students Se Donation Liya Ja raha hai. Isi Ghotale Ke Ho Rahe N.S.U.I Students Ne Saturday Ko Zabardast Protest Kiya Aur Unki Demand Raki.

Aapko Batade Ye Puri Report Sunday Ke Midday newspaper Me page No 6 Me Bhi Aa Chuki Hai.

Jafferynews Ko Janab Ne Ye Bhi Bataya Ki In - house Students Ke liye Per Sit 5k Ziyada Liya Jaraha Hai. Aur Out-House Student Ko Per Sit 25 se 35k Tak ki Demand Kar Rahi Hai. Aur Ye University Ke Rule Ke Khilaf Hai.

JAFFERY NEWS Ka Ye News Post karne Ka Yahi Maqsad Hai Ki Agar koi Bhi Shia Student Bhurani College Me Admission Le Rahe Ho Tho Donation Na Bhare Aur agar College Management Zabardasti Donation Ki Demand Kare Tho Janab Sarwar Raza Ko Contact Kare :- 9930102408

Reported By :- Sarwar Raza.

Jafferynews.com

http://jafferynews.blogspot.in/2015/06/ ... me_29.html

Now, admission fiasco rocks Burhani college

In-house students accuse authorities of step-motherly attitude, say that the college is demanding bribe to give admission -

See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/now-adm ... l4gDa.dpuf

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:55 pm

Bro dawedaar,

I am in agreement with your views because property prices in Mazgaon are sky rocketing and the Saifee Mahal mafias are least concerned as regards education and other charitable work. Do we have a single college/school at par with international standards although these Kothari dacoits have made billions by way of extortion. The only educational institution is the Jamea which produces extortionists by the dozens and promotes the cult of the Bohra Dai.

confusedlady123

Unread post by confusedlady123 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:44 am

Yes sir GM and Sir Dawedar you both may be right.
we have also heard that Burhani college might close down and MSB school will take over that building. THAT'S because MSB school is very small and they need more place.
I don't know how true it is though!!!

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:32 am

actually, i heard that they want to build a mall there. i think i read it here

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:31 pm

Why stop at Mohammad Ali when you can enjoy Ramadan food at Bohra Mohalla

http://www.freepressjournal.in/why-stop ... a-mohalla/

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:48 pm

IMG_20150704_071452.jpg
Fake note scam dahod mumins and Baroda mumins are arrested.

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:17 am

Promoting FMB through the press.

15th Feb. 2012
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 893123.cms

5th July 2015
http://www.pressreader.com/india/the-ti ... 4/TextView

Also check this comment by Taslima Nasreen on the first article
https://twitter.com/taslimanasreen/stat ... 0893759488

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:25 pm

http://m.economictimes.com/tech/ites/wi ... 965910.cms
Azim premji donation. Thank God that he is not bohra if he was either he had to left bohra cult as Kothar would not allowed him to donate money. He would be told mola Ne apo mola mumin ne apse...and whole money would be wasted on aiyashi

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:35 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:watsup msg :

And why are Bohras surprised. ..picture says it all...we do sajada, we do wdavanu...there is no untruth. .it's nof a mis take or misunderstanding we do if regularly ! And yes we are not Muslims. ..don't you call yourselves mumin ...to be different from Muslims. ..

the media job is to report. ..how extremists use the information is separate issue ...and yes Bohras are free to practise whatever form of worship method...they should not be targeted because they are not promoting their practises and are doing it in disguise. Let us assume they are not breaking the bahrain law ?

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Time to sell all the gold collected earlier. Let see if the people can get back in their own abode. Prove that this blood is not Chor and Haramkhore or it is true fact.

bohrabhai

Unread post by bohrabhai » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:15 am

Fifty years after court struck down law to ban social boycotts, Maharashtra may get a second chance
In a state where self-appointed caste panchayats routinely ostracise people for transgressing social norms, the government is finally taking a step forward. This monsoon session, the Maharashtra government is due to table a draft bill to prevent social boycotts in the state assembly.

Chief minister Devendra Fadnavis had announced in March that the Prevention of Social Boycott and Protection from Jaat Panchayat Bill would be ready in three months, but the state’s social justice department is yet to finish working on it. Meanwhile, activists rooting for a stringent law against various formof social boycott are unclear about the scope of the bill: if a new law is enacted, will it penalise just intra-caste ostracism or boycotts across caste lines? Will the bill focus on caste alone, or encompass excommunication cases in all religious groups?

Sixty six years ago, when present-day Maharashtra and Gujarat were known as the Bombay province, the state had passed the Bombay Prevention of Excommunication Act, 1949. The focus of that law was to protect the civil, social and religious rights of those excommunicated by their own communities. The law, however, was short-lived. In 1962, after a prolonged legal battle, the Supreme Court declared the Act unconstitutional.

Now, more than 50 years later, Maharashtra has a second chance to deal with the practice of social boycotting with the new bill.

The first Act, and its fall

The Bombay Prevention of Excommunication Act was enacted in 1949 largely because of redressal sought by boycotted members of the Dawoodi Bohra community, a close-knit sect of Shia Islam. The Act prohibited the expulsion of any person from his or her religious creed, caste or sub-caste and held any such excommunication to be invalid. Under the law, no community could deprive a person of their right to property, to worship in religious places, to perform funeral rites or other rituals.

In 1951, however, the leader of the Dawoodi Bohras, Syedna Taher Saifuddin, challenged the Prevention of Excommunication Act in the Bombay High Court. The Syedna’s contention was that the Act infringed upon his constitutional freedom of religion by curtailing his right, as the religious head, to discipline the community by casting out “errant” members.

When the High Court upheld the Act, the Syedna appealed in the Supreme Court and in 1962, a five-judge bench finally gave a divided verdict. A minority among the judges wanted the Act to be upheld, but the majority judgement regarded excommunication as a legitimate practice of a community that had to be protected under Article 26 of the Constitution, which grants individuals the freedom to manage religious affairs. The apex court concluded that the Prevention of Excommunication Act was unconstitutional.

“Technically, the matter isn’t over, because reformist Bohras [who had been excommunicated] filed a review petition that is still pending in the Supreme Court,” said Irfan Engineer, a human rights activist and reformist Bohra whose father, Asghar Ali Engineer, was boycotted by the Dawoodi Bohras in the 1970s.

Time for a new law

All these years later, Engineer believes a new law against social boycott would be a welcome step. “If there is a law, people would fear the repercussions of ostracising others,” he said. “In the absence of a law, communities get emboldened to propagate boycotts, as we see with the Bohras or caste panchayats.”

The call for a new legislation against social boycotting came in 2013, when the Bombay High Court was hearing a petition by two ostracised members of the Koli community from Raigad. The court ordered the state government to draft a legislation in order to deter the social boycotts imposed by caste panchayats on individuals who transgress caste norms. The court had also insisted that police stations across Maharashtra should treat cases of social boycott by caste panchayats as criminal offences, under sections on conspiracy, intimidation, extortion or promoting enmity between different groups.

Since then, the state has seen several instances of individuals and families being boycotted for various reasons, most often for marrying within the same gotra (clan) or outside the prescribed boundaries of caste. But different kinds of cases keep popping up. Last year, for instance, a mountaineer from a Raigad village, who had climbed the Everest in 2012, was boycotted by villagers because his wife, an advocate, wore jeans and did not sport a mangalsutra or bindi. The couple were isolated, excluded from temple functions and not even allowed to use water from the village tap.

In April, 13 Dalit families from Osmanabad district were boycotted by upper caste villagers after a statue of Babasaheb Ambedkar was desecrated and the Dalits filed a police complaint. The Dalits have been denied public water, access to grazing fields for cattle and even groceries in shops. Even though the boycott has been called off, the 13 families continue to live in fear.

Different shades of boycotts

These different cases have raised questions about the scope of the new bill being drafted against social boycott.

“There are at least three different kinds of boycotts,” said Hamid Dabholkar, member of the Maharashtra Andhashraddha Nirmoolan Samiti and son of slain rationalist Narendra Dabholkar. One kind is when a self-appointed panchayat of one’s own caste group calls for a boycott of an individual or family; another is when a village, across caste lines, chooses to shun someone living among them; a third kind is when one caste group targets another, as in the case of the Dalit families in Osmanabad.

In April, when the Maharashtra government had started drafting the new bill, Dabholkar’s Samiti submitted its own draft for the state to consider. “We included the first two kinds of social boycott within the purview of our draft, because there are already laws in place to deal with inter-caste discrimination,” said Dabholkar. “For now, it is important to crackdown on caste panchayats, which work as completely unconstitutional parallel justice systems. But in the long run, there is ample scope to expand a law against social boycott.”

Mumbai-based lawyer Mihir Desai also points out that the draft bill could make a distinction between “excommunication” – removing an individual from one’s religious group – and social boycott. The latter, he says, is a vague term that could imply depriving someone of their basic civil rights or simply refusing social interaction with them.

“What we need is a broad anti-discrimination law that governs both public and private life,” said Desai.
http://scroll.in/article/739608/photos- ... abdal-town

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:07 pm

In 1951, however, the leader of the Dawoodi Bohras, Syedna Taher Saifuddin, challenged the Prevention of Excommunication Act in the Bombay High Court. The Syedna’s contention was that the Act infringed upon his constitutional freedom of religion by curtailing his right, as the religious head, to discipline the community by casting out “errant” members.
How abhorrent that he demands his constitutional right to discipline his community members, and why becoze we demand explanaton, transparency, good governance ....shame on him ...don't we have constitutional human rights, children's rights, women rights .

I was not born then but this statement alone boils my blood and increases my resolve that they will taste their own tact when the law will be used to discipline them.

Yet abdes turn deaf,dumb and blind to this obvious oppression. ..these are not hearsay. .they are facts

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:30 am