base of bohra

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
listner1

base of bohra

Unread post by listner1 » Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:38 pm

what is the base of bohra community r they hindus or they r christians or something else
What is at mecca medina ..specially inside the square cover with black cloth ...please guide

serendipity

Re: base of bohra

Unread post by serendipity » Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:04 pm

Dear Listner, the basis is islam. The uniqueness is the higher ground, without which even bohras cannot appreciate what they've got. For this reason I don't pretend to speak for the official community or the outward hierarchy. But since you say "please help me I am a good learner as well as a good listner", I will try. Whether you are muslim or not, you can understand the concept of God working behind the scenes, fulfilling his purpose for this planet. To quote a non-muslim thinker (Jose Arguelles), there is an "invisible college administering the ethical curriculum of this earth". That "college" consists of God's own representative and his advisers (otherwise known as the Imam and the huduud), who are technically concealed from view and therefore ABLE to accomplish God's purposes without interference from the powers of this world. This enables our progress toward the fulfillment of human evolution and history, which is precisely God's intention: As Holy Quran reminds us, "He directs the affairs from the heavens to the Earth; then it ascends unto Him, on a Day the measure of which is a thousand years of your reckoning." (Sura 32:5)

Abdulla

Unread post by Abdulla » Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:48 pm

Dear Brother,

The black cloth on the Square in Mecca is called the Holy Kaaba and is described by Allah in the Holy Quran:

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 3 Surah Ale-Imran verse 96: Undoubtedly, the first house of worship ever to be built for mankind is the one which is at Makkah. It was blessed and made a centre of guidance for all the peoples.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 2 Surah Al Baqarah verse 125: And remember that We made this House (The Kaabah) the centre and sanctuary for mankind and enjoined the people to dedicate to worship the place where Ibrahim used to stand for prayer, and We urged Ibrahim and Ismail to keep My House pure for those who would go around it, and for those who would retire to it for devotion and prayer, and for those who would bow down and prostrate themselves there in worship.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 2 Surah Al Baqarah verse 127: And remember that when Ibrahim and Ismael were raising the walls of this House (Kaabah), they prayed, “O our Lord, accept this service from us; You are indeed the All Hearing and the All Knowing.”

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 22 Surah Hajj verse 26: Recall to mind the time when We assigned the site of this House (the Kaabah) to Ibrahim, saying, “Do not associate anything as a partner with Me; keep My House clean and pure for those who go around it, and for those who stand and bow down and prostrate here (in worship).

Abdulla

Unread post by Abdulla » Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:52 pm

The Bohras are a business community from the west-coast state of Gujarat in India.

Bohras are part of the Islam sect of the Fatimid Shia school of thought.

The Syedna is their undisputed spiritual leader.

jinx

Unread post by jinx » Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:01 am

Maybe this diagram will help

Religion
|
|
|---------------|
Muslim Hindus
|
|--------|
Sunni Shia
|
|----------|
Ismaili(7) Ithna Asharis(12)
|
More branches
and somewhere down
here is dawoodi bohras

Note : Bohras are muslim converted from Hindus.