Education for Indian Muslims

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
Admin

Education for Indian Muslims

Unread post by Admin » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:33 pm

Below is an email we received from a reader. We are reproducing here as it make important observations about the state of poor Muslims in India.

Admin

Asalamalikum,

I am Dr.Rashid from Bangalore,India and now settled in canada. I wanted to share this experiance of mine with other muslim brothers , regarding the conditions of Indian Muslims. Requesting you to kindly include this article on your website.

The Conditions of Muslims in India is getting from bad to worst..

1) The main reason for this is lack of education.

2)Our ulema are stopping us from education . Well how ?

a) In Couple of Bangalore Mosque , I have heard our Maulvies saying in Friday sermon that our community is getting spoilt because Muslims are sending there children’s to school. So the Impact , my friend removed his children from prestigious convent school and has put them in Madrasa.

b)We are discouraged from joining companies like TCS, Infosys ,IBM , Accenture etc because these companies do US and Europe Projects.

c)When saddam is hanged our Ulemas force us to be on streets protesting because some local politician has asked them to do so. How many processions had Saddam taken out for worst conditions of Indian Muslims ?

d)In my life I have never come across a situation were Ulemas have taken out procession for Better roads, Better education and Better sanitation.

e)Only when elections are near by we see our Ulemas speaking about Government policies. And they go into hibernation till next elections.

f)We don’t have a single Tv channel dedicated for this community . When there was a conference in Bangalore to launch a TV channel for Muslims , Our Ulema said that watching TV is haram .So No Channel for Muslims? Well do other Muslim countries don’t have there own TV channels.

g)When a Hindu is born his parents dream that one day he would be a Doctor , Engineer or IAS officer . When Muslim is born in India his parents dream that one day he would become a Auto driver or Open his own Tea Stall or have a Road side Kabab stall.

h)I have hardly come across Muslim entrepreneurs , Educated Muslim Politicians or Educated Ulemas.

e)When Danish cartoon was published , our leaders gave a bounty of 51 cores , Hello can his money be used to provide better education for Muslims ......

Please remember 83% of muslims are below poverty line in India . Thanks to our Ulema .

Modern Education must start from walls of Darululoom-Deoband or Muslims will face much worst scenarios in days to come.

turbocanuck

Re: Education for Indian Muslims

Unread post by turbocanuck » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:41 pm

Admin,
THAT is the problem.......too many madrasas, and not enough classrooms. These illiterate Moulvis can do nothing better than to judge others. They sit on their fat derriers and nitpick about womens hijabs, ankles showing or the length of the beards.
If the Muslim Ummah in India and Pakistan would rise up to these devils, educate their children(including womenfolk) then we wouldnt have THIS discussion. To these people, and i dont blame them, follow what they are preached in their Masjids, that the greatest achievement for a Muslim Boy is that he recited the Holy Quran at such and such age. That is their pinnacle of intellect. GOD help us. Why cant this boy have both? is it because, education represents KUFFAR? i am absolutely sure that is the case.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:46 pm

Every Maulvi who opposes education is a munafiq. If such a maulvi is found, he should be kicked out of the mosque where he preaches, and asked to make a living outside of the mosque where the worshippers won't be donating his meals everyday. In today's world, education is even more important than it was yesterday.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:07 pm

Every Maulvi who opposes education is a munafiq.
nearly every masjid in india is therefore under the control of munafiq.

haseebsiddique

Unread post by haseebsiddique » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Moron gursevak,
do not display your stupidity, and lack of common sense,
read carefully what Anajmi wrote,
"Every Maulvi who opposes education is a munafiq"
and that does not mean "all Maulvi"
In your hasty effort to criticize the Sunni's you have embarassed yourself and have displayed your restricted capacity of judgement. :D

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:06 pm

lal masjidya

if u r going to adopt india as ur base now then pls beef up ur madrassa education

nearly every does not mean all it means...oh never mind any body else here who knows madrass speak - can u pls explain to mullah's mate

haseebsiddique

Unread post by haseebsiddique » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Moron gursevak is calling out for some 'Lal Masjidya',,,,,,,,,
Who is he? and why does he not answer him,,,,,
as a matter of fact, I dont see anyone posting with the 'displayed name' of 'lal masjidya' :D
whom is he talking to ????

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:36 pm

Originally posted by Muslim-First Nephew:
Moron gursevak is calling out for some 'Lal Masjidya',,,,,,,,,
Who is he? and why does he not answer him,,,,,
as a matter of fact, I dont see anyone posting with the 'displayed name' of 'lal masjidya' :D
whom is he talking to ????
He's talking about you, you idiot. He must have taken you for those thugs who tried to escape wearing a Burqa. Right bundalbaaz? now lets see if you respond.....that will confirm you as the "burqa wearer"
;)

pardesi

Unread post by pardesi » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:41 am

Every Maulvi who opposes education is a munafiq. If such a maulvi is found, he should be kicked out of the mosque ..... education is even more important than it was yesterday.
First positive quote from this guy, unbelievable!
Congratulations Anajmi.

Now that pretty much everyone agrees on the next course of action - who is going to bell the cat?
Suppose these maulvis are fired, they will be replaced with another one from the same school. Whats the difference? The maulvis are just pawns doing what they are taught to do. What goes on inside the mosque is controlled by others. The trustees or the management committees have a totally different agenda in some cases besides being on some interest groups payroll. The change must come from above and who better to bring about a positive change than the people themselves. They could start by confronting the trustees/management committee members about their approval of the views of the maulvis on educating the children and force these morons to change their ways or show them the door and replace them with someone from among themselves.

It is not a laughing matter, but how true it is -
most muslims do not have proper education, especially in India, and therefore end up taking over their fathers' businesses - rickshaw wala, or streetside vendor and never realising what they missed out on by not receiving a proper education. This cycle continues with their own children. Until this is rectified, there is very little hope.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:38 pm

Now that pretty much everyone agrees on the next course of action - who is going to bell the cat?
Uhh, what the hell did God send a living Imam on earth for? Opening art galleries?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:52 pm

I believe that if every living Imam, who is not hiding, had done the job that he was appointed for, over the last 14 centuries, that state of the muslim ummah wouldn'tve been what it is right now.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:28 pm

why don't u admit it u will never have consesus amongst ur ummah and will therefore always be second class and i am being polite here citizens the world over.

back to the same old nonsense again arent we. why did god not just send muslims with a fuuly developed brain and all the education that they were going to need. after all why did man invent allah

pardesi

Unread post by pardesi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:58 am

Originally posted by anajmi:
I believe that if every living Imam, who is not hiding, had done the job that he was appointed for, over the last 14 centuries, that state of the muslim ummah wouldn'tve been what it is right now.
I beg to differ. Had you morons the "mainstream muslims" not followed blindly the likes of your ameerul momineens, Mu'awiya and Yazeed, the state of Ummah may have been a little better.
The living Imam would have done a job more to your liking if he didn't have to deal with likes of you who would get in the way every step.

Come back with a better and sensible answer. Idiots like you do not make any sense on this board and are wasting others preciousl time. Dont bother replying, please. And if you must, please suggest a way to deal with the Moulvis who preach hatred and ignorance. We would like to deal with your teacher first.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:33 am

Come back with a better and sensible answer.
Uhh, what the hell did God send a living Imam on earth for? Opening art galleries?
And if you must, please suggest a way to deal with the Moulvis who preach hatred and ignorance.
The living Imam would have done a job more to your liking if he didn't have to deal with likes of you who would get in the way every step.
An ordinary mortal getting in the way of the living Imam? He never had any issues opening art galleries, did he?

pardesi

Unread post by pardesi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:48 am

So now you have problem with art galleries too? What - are they against Islam? Oh please do not quote the hadith about angels not decending to the house where dogs and pics are kept. I will quote you a hadith in Bukhari where the prophet was shown a pic/image of Aisha. Need the page #?

By the way the living Imam is doing his best. Groundwork is laid years and sometimes centuries in advance. Unfortunately you morons want to see the results yesterday and only the way you want to see. Jihad is the only vision you will ever have, easy path to the 72 ;)

Unfortunately the Imam has never worked in that way. Allah Himself created the universe over 6 days. Even the Quran was revealed over 23 years and the prophet died trying his best for most of his life. What did the muslims learn?

Look at the current state of the Ummah. They can't even agree on how to fold hands in Salaat. They agrue till eternity about the timings of Salaat. Don't even know the significance of the rituals performed yet are quick to label each other kafirs without self examination.

Why look to the living Imam now and criticize his work. Do not expect miracles. They do not happen. Do something yourself and that, my friend, is a miracle in itself.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:14 am

An ordinary mortal getting in the way of the living Imam?
so was ur prophet up against superbeings or aliens or something. the alien bit does make sense given that houris are the reward for good behaviour.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:51 am

are these the ones pardesi. how can ur imam and all the moghuls and sufis and etc etc not know this.
Hadith - Bukhari 3:428, Narrated Said bin Abu Al-Hasan

While I was with Ibn 'Abbas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects."
Hadith - Bukhari 8:151, Narrated 'Aisha

I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet , and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

pardesi

Unread post by pardesi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:53 pm

No Sevakji. I've got one better. But lets wait till I get an answer. They know what I am talking about and will be quick to label that hadith "dhaeef".

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:57 pm

Allah Himself created the universe over 6 days.
Br Pardesi;

Please study Qur'an before you mouth-off. Its six Ayyam not six days.

Wasalaam

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:02 pm

They can't even agree on how to fold hands in Salaat.
Once again Mr. Mouth-off.

Folding hand is not as much problem as abondoning Salat and worshipping Ali as God. Read and unc=derstand folling link.

http://www.dawoodi-bohras.com/cgi-bin/U ... 3;t=000181

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:46 pm

MF bhaya,

u r an expert on quran in every language and also on hadith. can u plese explain the hadith from shahih muslim
Book 039, Number 6707:
Abu Haraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) took hold of my hands and said: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created the clay on Saturday and He created the mountains on Sunday and He created the trees on Monday and He created the things entailing labour on Tuesday and created light on Wednesday and lie caused the animals to spread on Thursday and created Adam (peace be upon him) after 'Asr on Friday;the last creation at the last hour of the hours of Friday, i. e. between afternoon and night.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Read and unc=derstand folling link.
tell me brother did u understand all of what was posted there. if u do then i would like to discuss a few points from there with u as i thought the language was rather scholarly.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:56 pm

i read a quotation once "God created man in 6 days and on the 7th day man returned the favour"

U know i think it is very true with regard to some of the muslims u read here - they have created allah in the mould of what they think allah should be. instead of a generous tolerant deity they have a strict totalitarian who will change the world in which his creation lives but will not allow his creatures to change anything.

pardesi

Unread post by pardesi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Originally posted by Muslim First:
Allah Himself created the universe over 6 days.
Br Pardesi;

Please study Qur'an before you mouth-off. Its six Ayyam not six days.

Wasalaam
Nitpicking? Does that change the fact any that even Allah introduced Islam in stages?

pardesi

Unread post by pardesi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:08 pm

Thanks Sevakji for the hadith about the days of creation. Watch the moron go into hibernation or one of his partners diverting the topic.

I would really like to know the meaning of "ayyam". I though it was plural of "youm". May be I am wrong. Can someone produce a correct meaning?

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:34 pm

worshipping Ali as God

Another typical Wahhabi response when he gets desperate.

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:37 pm

pardesi,
Literally "day" is correct. However yawm in the Quran is interpreted as multiple earthly days e.g. 22/47 "Verily a Day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning".

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:24 pm

By the way the living Imam is doing his best.
Yeah... he is opening the best art galleries.
What did the muslims learn?
That question should be changed to, what did the Ismailis learn after 23 years of the prophet and 14 centuries of living Imams?
Do something yourself and that, my friend, is a miracle in itself.
Precisely, the living Imam is a fake who won't do anything other than opening art galleries. We are on our own.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:08 pm

anyone throw some light on the latest fatwa - does it have something to do with art galleries.

Gursevak

Unread post by Gursevak » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:24 pm

We are on our own
i thought a muslim was never alone - allah was always with him. come to think of it just ask allah and all ur problems will be solved