Entry into Bohra masjids

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
anajmi

Entry into Bohra masjids

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:24 am

Eid Mubarak to all my brothers in Islam. I will be celebrating Eid on Wednesday inshaallah but for all those celebrating today, may Allah accept your fasts and your prayers. I believe I had to take this opportunity given to me by my brothers on this forum to make a couple of points.

As you know, the Alvi Bohra community if not a very big community. They do not have many masjids/markaz around the world. Singapore is one such place. An Alvi Bohra asked a Dawoodi Bohra if he could pray Eid namaz with the Dawoodi Bohras. His request was declined. This is the state of these "Shias of Ali" today. This is not an isolated incident, but the norm. Both Alvi and Dawoodi are shias of Ali, and both believe in the same hidden Imam. A Dawoodi Bohra will be welcomed in an Alvi Bohra mosque and I know of this first hand. Dawoodi Bohras are not Shias of Ali anymore, they are the Shias of the corrupt Dai. The Alvi Bohra had to pray Eid at his home. I asked him to go pray with the Sunnis. They won't question him and will welcome him with open arms.

Then we have the case of the Imams who have made that which the prophet had made Haraam, as Halaal and that which was made mandatory, as unnecessary. Drinking alcohol is the same as eating grapes for these misguided folks. If everything is allowed, then what do we need an Imam for?

A few more points,

1 - The Prophet came to spread Islam amongst the Jaahils of Mecca. These Imams will not preach to Jaahils. Hence they are not the true Imams.
2 - The Prophet made it easy for people to accept Islam and become Muslims. These Imams have made conversions virtually impossible with a long drawn out process. Hence they are not the trueImams.
3 - Salman al-farsi searched for the prophet by his sign that majority of his followers would be the poor and the downtrodden and those opposing him would be the rich and the powerful. These Imams want only the rich people to convert to their religion and not the poor folks. Hence they are not the true Imams.

May Allah save us from these corrupt Dais and fake Imams.

Danish

Re: Entry into Bohra masjids

Unread post by Danish » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:29 pm

anajmi wrote:Then we have the case of the Imams who have made that which the prophet had made Haraam, as Halaal and that which was made mandatory, as unnecessary.
Perhaps some have progressed while many remain regressed.
A few more points,

1 - The Prophet came to spread Islam amongst the Jaahils of Mecca. These Imams will not preach to Jaahils. Hence they are not the true Imams.
2 - The Prophet made it easy for people to accept Islam and become Muslims. These Imams have made conversions virtually impossible with a long drawn out process. Hence they are not the trueImams.
And what did the 'prophet' gain from spreading His message of its time.....more Arabized idolworshipping jahils of 21st Century.
May Allah save us from these corrupt Dais and fake Imams.
'Allah' has given brains to contemplate and understand, eyes to vision, ears to listen and a vocal box to speak the mind, eyes and ears. <If everything is allowed, then what do we need an Imam for?>

jayanti

Unread post by jayanti » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:02 pm

Anajmi Let me tell u that my friend he is Alvi bohra and he comes to dawoodi bohra masjid.He goes to Khokaa Bazaar masjid in mumbai.so pls dontspread rumors about discrimation.Hope to see u back :)

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:26 pm

jayanti,

This is not a rumour. This is a fact. The Alvi Bohra called me from Singapore to wish me Eid Mubarak and told me that he was refused entry into the Dawoodi Bohra marqaz. Besides, it is not unknown for the dawoodi bohras to turn away people from other sects who want to pray in their markaz. That is one of the reasons why I will neve enter a dawoodi bohra markaz. I would prefer to pray on the road instead.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:01 pm

anajmi wrote:The Alvi Bohra called me and told me that he was refused entry into the Dawoodi Bohra marqaz. Besides, it is not unknown for the dawoodi bohras to turn away people from other sects who want to pray in their markaz. That is one of the reasons why I will neve enter a dawoodi bohra markaz. I would prefer to pray on the road instead.
I tend to believe your friend as Bohras are not known to welcome others into their Mosques. However, how do both of you feel about the Wahabis in Saudi Arabia not even allowing Bohras to have a Mosque ? Will you pray on the road there as well or is this simply a double standard ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:48 pm

Average,

If the bohras are not going to allow everyone to pray in their masjids, then they should not be allowed to build a masjid in places like Mecca and Medina. Besides, they are welcome to go and pray in the masjids that the Saudis have already built. No one will stop them. No double standards there. American zombies ofcourse, have a different standard for double standards!!

East Africawalla

Unread post by East Africawalla » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:26 pm

We as Bohras will not refuse anyone from praying in the mosque, we will refuse someone to attend the Sehan or Markaz if they are not contributing on its upkeep.This days we get a lot of this border lines who come for free food etc and contribute Zilch.

Its people who are contributing suffer as they are subsidising this freeloaders who complain a lot but pay nothing.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:38 pm

So essentially the dawoodi bohras are running a C grade hotel and not a place of worship correct?

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:11 pm

^
Exactly, there is charge for musalla space too!

@EA
You have raised a very important point. Should masjids be run on the charity of those who would like to contribute and open to everybody, like they have always been, because they were considered to be the house of Allah, or should they be run on commercial basis where only those who pay can come? So you mean to say that the poor are not welcome in Masjids?

Could you enlighten us on the Islamic principle behind the practice that you are supporting?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:43 pm

East Africawall
If you donot allow people who can not afford into the Masjid then you do not follow the teaching of Sayedna which is as follows:
"The stronger Islam is, the more it is reinforced and supported, the more it is possible that it will bear its fruit, mumineen. – Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin (TUS), 2nd Muharram waaz, Colombo 1428"

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:12 pm

Since this discussion is taking a life of its own, we split it from the original topic - porus, anajmi, zulfiqar http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=2043 and created this new topic.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:41 pm

anajmi wrote: Besides, they are welcome to go and pray in the masjids that the Saudis have already built. No one will stop them. No double standards there.
DesiWahabi, will you then promise the Bohras that they can pray as they wish in Wahabi Mosques and if not then you will pray on the streets to protest ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:20 pm

ignorant Bohra,
will you then promise
No. There are things that I will support them for and things that I won't support them for. Most things that the Bohras want to do are unIslamic. We do not need to go into the details since you do not have the knowledge or the will to understand

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:25 pm

anajmi wrote: There are things that I will support them for
Like what ?
anajmi wrote: Most things that the Bohras want to do are unIslamic.
Exactly who appointed your ilk the judge & jury ? After all you tried your Grand Experiment in Afghanistan with the Taliban. They are praying in the streets, but not by choice, you ought to join them, as you will fit right in. :D

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:22 pm

Like what ?
Well, if you must know, bohras pray the same way as the wahhabis do, except with hands to their sides. If a wahhabi objects, I will support the bohras. But you won't find a single wahhabi who will object. On the other hand, if you were to pray with folded hands in a bohra markaz, you will be kicked out.
Exactly who appointed your ilk the judge & jury ?
You did.
After all you tried your Grand Experiment in Afghanistan with the Taliban.
That was your experiment that failed. Your knowledge of history isn't that bad is it? Or are all Americans turning into old republicans who can't even remember how many houses they own?
They are praying in the streets, but not by choice, you ought to join them, as you will fit right in.
Well, I will be joining them alright, the only difference is that, it will be over here. :mrgreen:

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:22 am

The problem with most muslims is the in-fighting .. We have classic examples here on this forum. These guys would leave no stone unturned to lash out at each other. They'd fight for decades... Its never ending!!

Our primary focus should be to expose the evils of hierarchy, and bring about awareness among the youth of this community. To make them understand self respect and dignity.

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:26 am

hope this may be a related news for this thread,
-----
Lucknow: Sunnis pray at Shia mosque

Sadiq had proposed to offer the Eid namaz led by the Naib Imam of Idgah on Eid which is still some months away but this Friday, Padamshri Haji Kalimullah of Malihabad led a delegation of about 20 to the historical Asifi mosque to offer namaz.
The namaziz were led by, Maulana Kalbe Jawwad, who welcomed the move by the Sunnis of Malihabad.
In reciprocation, Shias would offer namaz next Friday at a Sunni mosque in Malihabad, he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Citi ... 090185.cms

shia sunni celeberated eid together in the eidgah-

---In the Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow, the Sunni and Shia sects sought to bridge their differences and offered prayers together at a Sunni mosque in Aishbagh locality.
“Nearly 400,000 Muslims offered namaz at the mosque,” Naib Imam of the Aishbagh Masjid Maulana Khalid Rasheed Firangi Mahli said. Before the prayers, Muslims gave fitra or a specified amount of money to the poor and the needy. It is compulsory for every financially sound Muslim to give fitra before the prayers so that the poor and the needy can also celebrate Eid.
After the prayers was the time to feast with people visiting friends and relatives.
Police had made elaborate security arrangements around prayer grounds and mosques. – IANS
http://gulf-times.com/site/topics/print ... rent_id=22

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:07 am

This is great news. May all shias and sunnis see the light of day. Dawoodi Bohras probably won't since their leadership has nothing to do with religion.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:11 pm

anajmi wrote:
Well, I will be joining them alright, the only difference is that, it will be over here. :mrgreen:
Perhaps now you will understand why the Patriot Act was passed :roll:

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:19 pm

like_minded wrote:The problem with most muslims is the in-fighting .. We have classic examples here on this forum. These guys would leave no stone unturned to lash out at each other.
Like Minded, I am not a Muslim, but I will continue to expose hypocrisy. If you support Wahabis that don't allow you to build a non-Wahabi mosque, but allow you to pray with them like them, but chastise the Bohras, I wil expose it.
like_minded wrote:Our primary focus should be to expose the evils of hierarchy, and bring about awareness among the youth of this community. To make them understand self respect and dignity.
The primary focus ought to expose the evils and ignorance of the masses. The hierarchy merely takes advantage of gutless muslim much like the rest of the world.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Perhaps now you will understand why the Patriot Act was passed
I understood it the day it was passed. It was a proud day for the Taliban. They now have representation in America for the 21st century!!
I wil expose it.
:mrgreen: Yeah you did a fine job exposing. I had to cover my eyes. :mrgreen:

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:34 pm

I figured your eyes were always covered; no one can believe what you do with their eyes open...... or for that matter without holding their nose and covering their ears.

East Africawalla

Unread post by East Africawalla » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:25 am

I will reiterate the stance, nobody gets stopped praying in the Bohra mosques but if you want to participate in the Markaz then surely you should contribute for its up keep.We the mainstream are tired of subsidising you guys who turn up whenever without any contributions ever.

I notice that on the 10th of Moharrum and on 23rd Raat of ramadhan you turn up for your yearly dividents but you lot contribute nothing.

In any society you are expected to share for the upkeep but then your problem has always been money ie cant pay, wont pay, dont want to pay free loaders

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:09 am

@EA
Thanks for clarifying and iterating your stand. Now everybody knows it is the money that matters and it has nothing to do with faith or any such other things!

As the Democrats say it, and as Bill Clinton famously said "Read my lips, It is the economy stupid!"