2 Rakat Namaz

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Aarif

2 Rakat Namaz

Unread post by Aarif » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:53 pm

All of you must be aware that abde-syednas are forced to pray 2 rakat additional namaz after the actual namaz for the long life of their shafiq bawa Syedna Muhammad Burhanuddin. My question is what is the neeyat that bohras take before praying this namaz??? I hope it is not the translation of ghanu jeevo in arabic. And secondly why do they need to pray this 2 rakats even after singing ghanu jeevo 100 times every day??? Isn't that enough?? Or does syedna think that praying in arabic instead of singing in lisaane-dawat is more effective for his long health... Any information on this height of innovation will be appreciated...

seeker110

Re: 2 Rakat Namaz

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:44 am

2 rakats are offered by the ignorant fools to prolong his sufferings.I am for it.

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:39 am

Arif

"Cult" is all about occupying the minds of gullible followers, Therefore, innovations are a must!

jungle999

Unread post by jungle999 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:14 am

arif iam not forced to pray two rakat namaz of tus .and no body has force me to. it is up to indiviagle if they want to pray and they are few others who dont pray tus namaz if others pray tus namaz they have to answers to almight.so why worry. :D

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:07 pm

This is what is involved in the 2 rakaat namaaz.

You state your niyyat. This could be anything - an 'obligatory' prayer, plea for long life of parents, friends, leaders etc., plea for recovery from illness, financial, and natural misfortunes etc.

Minimally, after the niyyat:

1. You recite surat al-fatiha, and another short sura.
2. You go into ruku and then sujood, reciting praises for Allah.
3. You rise from sujood acknowledging Allah's power over your actions.
4. You repeat steps 1 and 2
5. You recite tashahud and finish with salaams to those on either side of you. (If you are alone, you imagine that angels are on either side of you).

The only difference between any 2-rakaat namaaz is the niyyat.

If you do not want to pray this namaaz, then you do not have the niyyat. If you still do it because you feel some compulsion, your prayer is void. And you can relax in the knowledge that, despite your movements, you did not really offer the namaaz.

The more interesting question to ask is why Allah should care if you go through these movements of ruku and sujood etc.? The common answer is that it is in the Quran. But why?

(By the way, it is believed that when lots of people pray together, then the prayer is more effective. Maybe, Allah is not satisfied completely with solo entreaties!)

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Sayedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb claimed in Bombay High court that he is "Elahul-Ard" God on earth. Though the learned judge Justice Martin ridiculed and rejected his claim he gradually introduced this concept in the community by emposing "Sajda-e-abudiyat", replacing Abdullalah by "Abde-Sayedna", claiming to be "Quran-e-Natiq" and then finally making two-rakat namaz for Sayedna compulsory by his son Sayedna Burhanuddin Saheb.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:18 pm

S. Insaf wrote:Sayedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb claimed in Bombay High court that he is "Elahul-Ard" God on earth.
Sayedna Saheb may say that he is an Ilah of 'ard or Ilah of anything else in Allah's makhlooq. However, if you are a Muslim, you know that 'there is no Ilah except Allah' (La Ilaha illa Allah).

In a cultish twist to baatin, Bohras are being told that every ruku and every sujood is really for Imam or Dai. This horrendous lie can be quite easily dismissed by clear reading of ayat 41:37, which states:

'Wa min ayati-hi al-layl wa an-nahaar, wa ash-shams wa al-qamar.
La tasjudoo li ash-shams wa la li al-qamar
wa asjudoo li Allah al-ladhi khlaqahunna
in kuntum iyya-hu ta'abudoon'

Translation:

And amongst his signs are the night and day, and the sun and the moon.
Do not do sajdah to the sun, nor to the moon
But do sajdah to Allah who created them
If you worship ONLY Him

The above ayat from Surat Fussilat (Ha mim as-Sajdah) deals a lie to anyone claiming to be Ilah except Allah and also anyone deserving of sajdah except Allah.

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:53 pm

porus wrote:In a cultish twist to baatin, Bohras are being told that every ruku and every sujood is really for Imam or Dai. This horrendous lie can be quite easily dismissed by clear reading of ayat 41:37, which states:

'Wa min ayati-hi al-layl wa an-nahaar, wa ash-shams wa al-qamar.
La tasjudoo li ash-shams wa la li al-qamar
wa asjudoo li Allah al-ladhi khlaqahunna
in kuntum iyya-hu ta'abudoon'

Translation:

And amongst his signs are the night and day, and the sun and the moon.
Do not do sajdah to the sun, nor to the moon
But do sajdah to Allah who created them
If you worship ONLY Him
Porus, that does not define the Creator of our Universe. It's a misnomer.

I'm truely baffled when Muslims blindfoldedly pray to their "imaginable Allah" when reciting certain surahs or ayats cherry-picked from quran that has no bearings whatsoever and rathter laughable. Are Muslims that ignorant and stupid and continue to do the same?

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Danish wrote:Porus, that does not define the Creator of our Universe. It's a misnomer.

I'm truely baffled when Muslims blindfoldedly pray to their "imaginable Allah" when reciting certain surahs or ayats cherry-picked from quran that has no bearings whatsoever and rathter laughable. Are Muslims that ignorant and stupid and continue to do the same?
The ayat I quoted does not define the Creator. It simply states that Allah is the creator of the sun and the moon.

Allah is the Creator of THE UNIVERSE, the entity which humans agree consists of time, space and everything which seem to exist both in time and space. Allah is not the creator of 'our' universe. Your universe is your own creation and consists of ideas, beliefs, opinions, and experiences which hardly anyone on this board agrees with.

The reason why Muslims follow a set-piece series of movements and recitations during namaaz is that that is what they have been traditionally doing for hundreds of years in accordance with instructions from their teachers, Muhammad being foremost among them.

If you are truly baffled by this explanation, then you need to learn to enjoy the bafflement. Mind will imagine in full technicolor anything and everything. That is its purpose and function. See if you can demolish my idea of Allah with your idea of no-Allah without an image in your imagination.

Now, let us get back to the issue of 2-rakaat.

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:59 pm

porus wrote:The ayat I quoted does not define the Creator. It simply states that Allah is the creator of the sun and the moon.
Weill, the ayat also states that do sujdah to "allah" who created them (the sun and the moon). Now if this "allah" is fathomless, unperceivable, unknown and unseen, then "sajdah" to such an entity is impossible. The ONLY 'ruku-us-sujood' done towards such a deity MUST be physical and I'm sure you know the qibla where this deity resides.
Allah is the Creator of THE UNIVERSE, the entity which humans agree consists of time, space and everything which seem to exist both in time and space. Allah is not the creator of 'our' universe.
Ok, I get it.
Now, let us get back to the issue of 2-rakaat.
Righto! But as I mentioned earlier that I am baffled to understand why Muslims cherry-pick certain surahs and/or ayats from the quran to proclaim their "rakaats" towards their Allah during salaat? Do they not understand what they utter or has their own Allah made them deaf, dumb and blind as per quran, LOL! :lol:

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:49 pm

no matter what the sycophants may instruct us to do, i pray those 2 rakats for the health and souls of my sisters, brothers, and dear departed parents and forefathers.

to twist the follg couplet:

muddai laakh bura karwana chhahe to kya hota hai,
hum wohi karenge jo allah ki raah me such hota hai....

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:47 am

You state your niyyat. This could be anything - an 'obligatory' prayer, plea for long life of parents, friends, leaders etc., plea for recovery from illness, financial, and natural misfortunes etc.
Br. Porus,

Thanks for the info. Its a grt relief to read that syedna has not come with any special niyat that bohras have to take to pray for his long life and health. I thought it would be something like "Wussali-salataan <prayer for Dai's long life in arabic> rakataine lilla hein azzawazaala adaan an mustak belatil kabatil haraame allah-ho-akbar" :D

porus

Unread post by porus » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:25 pm

I would like to emphasize that all namaaz is offered to Allah.

A niyyat for namaaz could be for any reason, but the words of the niyyat explicitly state, after the number of rakaats, that it (the namaaz) is to, and for. Allah.

e.g raka'atayn li-llah (two rakaats to Allah), sitta raka'aatin li-llah, etc.

These words have not changed, and, for Muslims, it is the only way.

porus

Unread post by porus » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Example: Niyyat for 2 rakaat namaaz of dua for your parents.

Usalli salata ad-dua lil-waalidayni, raka'atayni li-llahi azza wa jall
adaa'an mustaqbil al-ka'abat il-harami, allahu akbar

I am praying a prayer of dua for (my) parents, (of) two rakaats to Allah, the mighty and the majestic;
As prescribed, facing the sacred Kaaba, Allah is great.

GreatBarrier

Unread post by GreatBarrier » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:47 pm

I read the pdf version of the Complete Book of nammaz and Dua...This is an amazing and good effort on the Progressive side. Well done and good luck on your self sustenance.

If one needs to purchase a hardcopy any ideas where overseas people can purchase it by credit card ?

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:01 am

Brother Great Barrier.

This is just an effort in serving the mumineen. Everything in this book is from bada saheefa or saheefa tus salaat. It is not available in market. If you need I can send you the via post. Or you can get it printed after downloading it from the site.

Inshallah, very soon there will be Umra guide on same line (Roman script) as per the bohra mansak. The book is ready and in use. However we are reviewing it with help of some senior members of the forum before publishing it here.

Best regards

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Good job Husain bhai. Keep it up..