bohra markaz vandalized

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

bohra markaz vandalized

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:32 am

Dawoodi Bohra Markaz is being vandalized in California see the link

http://www.turnto23.com/news/19720889/d ... ml?taf=bak
It is amazing that all the attacks on any Mosque is NOT considered as HATE CRIME. All the members on this board who
live in USA should write to their elected officials why attacks or graffiti on Mosques are not consider as HATE CRIMES

accountability

Re: bohra markaz vandalized

Unread post by accountability » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:14 pm

Oma you are right. it is a double standard, imagine if the same happened to synegoge or a church there would 24\7 live broadcast on all tv stations. All names such as islmists, islamic terrorism or what not would be used. You are also right that our community members should ask their congress person or senator to assert on their behalf.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:44 am

DOES ANY KOTHARI GOONS OR ZOMBIE ON THIS BOARD EXPLAIN WHY THIS INCIDENCE HAS NOT BEEN REPORTED ON KOTHARI WEBSITE OF MALUMAAT OR MUMINEEN OR ZENINFOSYS ETC ETC .....

East Africawalla

Unread post by East Africawalla » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:37 am

Oma, whats your point, its a sad issue that our Markaz was vandalised , why change the issue into if reported ot not , once again your mind goes into a tangent - no logical thinking

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:46 pm

EA
Welcome Back or OH NO YOU ARE BACK :lol:
The reason it should be reported is that people who go to Markaz or Masaajids become more careful and look out for the
people who are trying to destroy places of worship, In Bohras case, most of the women they really come loaded with gold jewellery on certain occassion and they can be an easy target for robbery.
Reporting of such incidents is more to do educating and cautioning our community and at the same time let others know that it is Muslim community who is being terrorized rather than Muslims being terrorist. To my knowledge No Muslim has been charged in USA for vandalizing any place of worship ( they have been accused but in USA you are innocent till proven guilty and the BUSH era is over where it used to be other way around)

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:03 pm

EAWala This is the irony. our jamat is so corrupt in their mindset that they can not think rationally ever. They would think if we report this to proper authorities or to ordinary bohras, they will come audit us. This is one thing they are so afraid of.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:29 pm

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Sunnis and Shias are bombing each other's mosques daily in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Hate crime ? Most likely as a lot of these despicable acts are, but you are throwing stones from glass houses.

Get your own house in order, otherwise this selective outrage rings hollow.....

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Fatwa Banker
Might be in your book TWO WRONGS make one RIGHT but in my book a wrong is wrong, what is happening in Iraq or Pakistan and elsewhere is not condoned by any sane minded person.It is a shameful act of attacking places of WORSHIP regardless of their faith.
BTW two teenagers were arrested in Miami Mosque vandalism and one of them confessed of hate against Muslims

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Two wrongs don't make a right, and selective outrage makes one a hypocrite. You appear to be saying that prosecute them in the US because there is a hate crime law, and ignore them in Muslim countries, because there isn't one.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Fatwa Banker
You bark too much In my posting I did say that any sane person would condemn attack on religious place regardless where and on who it happens.

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:04 pm

I searched the forum with your username and any outrage you may have expressed in the past regarding Muslim on Muslim violence. I found not one, which makes you yet another enabler of Mulsim on Muslim violence and a hypocrite.

Having said that, the search feature on this site and most others is not reliable, so if I am wrong, I hope you will correct me and post your prior outrage against hate crimes not inititiated in the West. If you can't, then you are a part of the problem.

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:20 am

so the lawless socities of iraq and pakistan are at par with a democratic and supposedly civilised united states?>

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:36 pm

Fatwa Banker
Look at the following link and you can substitute Arab for Muslim and that is where my thoughts are:

http://switch5.castup.net/frames/200410 ... mv&ak=null

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:27 pm

Thank you for posting that. Too bad illiterate clerics trump Muslim intellectuals any day of the week; and there aren’t enough of the latter who are not afraid to speak out like this guy. Even if they did, the Muslim masses would still gravitate toward the clerics.