New Compulsory Fee for Bohras in Chicago

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
Safiuddin

New Compulsory Fee for Bohras in Chicago

Unread post by Safiuddin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:34 am

Ziyarat of Imam Husain (A.S)

Dear Mumineen Bhaiyo aney Behno:
It is the azeem nemat of our beloved Aqmaula (tus) that he wants each and every mumin to do the ziyarat of Imam Husain (as). However, there are many mumineen throughout the world who may not be able to afford to do so. For this reason, it is the wish of Aqamaula (tus) that mumineen residing in Chicago also participate in this kaar-e-khair. All mumineen families are obligated to contributed a minimum of $52 for this purpose. This contribution will go toward assisting mumineen to do the Ziyarat of Imam Husain (as). You will receive sawaab of this azeem khidmat. Please bring your checks/cash on Tuesday, November 6th (Urs Mubarak raat of Syedi Abdulqadir Hakimuddin aq) made out to Anjuman-e-Saifee, Chicago or cash for the amount and hand it to Janaab Aamilsaheb, Mulla Mansoor Bhai Ezzi, Mulla Hassan Bhai Tawawalla, Mulla Shabbir Bhai Karimi or Huzefa Bhai

Above is from Chicago Jamaat, where this newewst scheme of robbery is taking place. Burhanuddin is SO eager that his flock all go to Karbala, he has arranged to have no Bohris killed, he has used his powers to keep only his Bohris safe in Iraq, and has demanded every family pay up for this azeem khidmat.
Far from traveling to the Middle East, Iraq should be the last place one would recommend one's followers to go to right now. No one is safe and immune in Iraq, much less Bohris. And God only knows where all this money will go to. Perhaps to trim his dupattas in gold and silver.

seeker110

Re: New Compulsory Fee for Bohras in Chicago

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:01 am

If it is kar-e-khair then I would like moula and his immediate family to be the first to go to Iraq.We wont need to collect any money.BTW buy one way tickets.We dont know how many will be coming back.Pack your bags Propig your moula is asking you to go.Dont forget to write your will.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:10 am

If he can call himself haquiqi Qaba why not call haquiqi Imam Hussain too. It would save a lots of revenue from spilling over to Iraq govt and airlines.

May be some years down the line the bohras are planning to reverse the heirarchy and put dai above imam (officially).

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:20 am

now how about putting this scam to the test?

let us ask any poor bohras we know in our respective areas and towns to go to their local amil and 'demand' that they wud like to perform ziyarat of imam hussain with all expenses paid, as syedna has desired and is collecting funds for...

let us see what will be the result. if even a single poor bohra family is granted this free or even as a 50% subsidised trip, then we will know its genuine.

this also applies to the funds they have been collecting in similar fashion re: hajj for poor bohras.

mumineen

Unread post by mumineen » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:21 pm

Another innovation to raise new funds:

From: akhbar-e-burhani@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Aburhani.com (cutemurtuz@yahoo.com)
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:54:51 AM
Reply-to: akhbar-e-burhani@yahoogroups.com
To: Akhbar-e-Burhani )
Cc: cooling_hearts (cooling_hearts@yahoogroups.com)
Syedna Taher Saifuddin (R.A)Ziyarat Tour Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb's Ziyarat Tour

Baad as Salaam ul Jameel,
Dai il Ajal Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin Saheb (TUS) did Karam and Ehsaan upon Akhbar-E-Burhani, and did niyat of a Raqm to send Mumneen for Ziyarat of Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb (R.A).
Akhbar-e-Burhani is organising to send 152 mumineen, who have never done Ziyarat of Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb (R.A) to Mumbai With the Dua Mubarak of Aqa Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin Saheb (TUS), with the Raza Amil Saheb of Surat (Click here to View ARAZ Letter) we senfing 70 Mumineen before and we have 80 Mumineen left All those Mumineen who want to contribute Raqam one Unit 552 RS for this may contact admin@aburhani.com. The names of those who will contribute will Inshallah be sent to Harzat Aaliyah.
Wassalaam,
Abeede Syedna (tus),
www.aburhani.com
Those Mumineen who not done Ziyarat are requested to submit your name to admin@aburhani.com with City names

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:23 am

TUS....should open a account with his share of the expenses in hard numbers.Also all this should be done on the internet.All the donations recorded for all to see.We need the names of all the people who were allocated the funds.Otherwise he can go to...... where he is going,where he will live forever.
Keep him alive and in pain.I hope he suffers and the ones who dream up such schemes.
Better yet take these people to Iraq.He wishes for them to go there than what he is doing in India.Put the money where his mouth is.

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:23 am

I agree. Their whole money laundering and collecting scheme needs to be transparent, so that their "riasat" can see what they are doing with their money. If TUS really wanted this for his flock, why didn't they post it on Malumaat, or another Internet site and make it a visible process?
I think what Zulfiqar suggests should be taken seriously and Bohri families should approach their aamils and ask for the benefit because they can't afford the trip on their own. They could set up a Board that would review all applications. This Board's makeup of course would need to be composed of people from the community at large, rather than a few favored princes, kothaaris, and their opportunistic chamchaas.I serve in a community Board of Directors, and our representaion includes clergy, attorneys, business people, health care professionals and local residents who represent the community's interest. We have bylaws that allow us, nay, mandate, that we have fair representation.
If Bhagwaan (TUS)wants his people to go to Iraq at a time like this, it is really indicative of extremely poor and illogical decision making. Some months ago, several Bohris were killed in Iraq as they traveled there for pilgrimage. It was all over the Malumaat website, and the families of those people killed have not benefited any by losing their loved ones.
It's another scam by either a "shahzaada", or a local aamil to generate some money. Money that will go to feed the lavish lifestyles of these unconsciounable people. Since they are so hell bent on sending people to Karbala at a time like this, let them pay for all the poor and lead them personally into Karbala.
If Bhagwaan (TUS)is so powerful why has he not personally interceded and brought an end to this horrible war? This would be one of his true marvels and mojizaas. They care so little about their flock that they will recommend travel to a war torn and angry area where unrest and death lurk round every corner.
No, I am certain no one will benefit from this new money grubbing scheme except the corrupt aamils, kothaaris, etc. The Chicago Jamaat has had a history of collecting funds for a particular purpose, and then someone like Maalik Al *sshole Bhaisaheb shows up, takes all of the money collected and leaves for India.
So much for collection of money for the poor.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:54 pm

""I think what Zulfiqar suggests should be taken seriously and Bohri families should approach their aamils and ask for the benefit because they can't afford the trip on their own.""

when i said that poor families shud approach their respective aamils, surely it was a rhetorical statement... but if they do, u know what they will get...?

a size 14 steel-toed military boot so swift and hard up their backside, that the hapless bohra will have no time even to scream...! all u will see later outside the dar-ul-emarat, is the poor fellow and his family, limping back in agony, covered with dried and matted blood,.. lips swollen, eyes bloodied and noses smashed, arms in slings, clothes torn and tattered, shoes and chappals broken and hung around their necks...

now tell me, will any ordinary bohra who has all his faculties intact, ever dream of going to ask for a free trip???? yes, he will get a 'free' one way trip to heaven!!!

the rest of the arguments or speculation on what we shud do to get organised etc, is purely academic and for yr own past-time in idle moments..

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:03 pm

Dear all members,

By the waseela of Imam-uz-zamaan and Dai-uz-zamaan, iltemaas to all mumineen bhai / behen members of malumaat to kindly go, through this appeal to pray for and help a mumineen bahen in distress.
I had written to you all around four years ago regarding a mumineen bahen Nafisa Abbas Vohra(aged 58 years) who has a son Hussain (aged 25 years) suffering from “Myelomeningocele” since birth. Due to this ailment he has undergone several surgeries and has always been on a wheelchair needing constant assistance for all his day-to-day basic needs also.
His one kidney had already failed when he was 8 years, since then he has been surviving on one kidney. Four years back, this kidney too had got infected and had to be operated upon. The operation was successful because of the doa mubarak of our beloved Aaqa Maula (T.U.S.) and which had been possible to be conducted because of the aid provided by some of our mumineen bretheren.
His second kidney has completely failed now due to infection and he has been admitted in the ICU. Patient has acute on chronic renal failure and is on dialysis. His condition has been very critical since then. He has been put on dialysis and blood transfusion with his condition showing only marginal improvement. His only way of surviving is to be on a constant dialysis for a couple of months or even may be lifetime.
He is currently under treatment of Dr. Ketan Desai, Consultant Urologist and has been admitted to ICU, Jaslok hospital, Mumbai, India since Friday 26th Oct 07.
The estimated cost of hospitalization and further dialysis could be approx Rs. 3,00,000/- (three lakh only) or even more.
My sister’s monthly family income is a mearge Rs. 10,000/- now. All their resources are exhausted and the only chance of survival for her son is charity.
This is an appeal to all Mumineenbhai and bahen to pray for her son and extend financial aid to whatever extent you can, to enable us to save her son and give him a new life.
I, iltemaas to shaamil Hussain Vohra in your Doa to Allah, that by waseela of Moula Mushkil Kusha Ali and Imam Hussein, he should heal soon. You can contact me on my e-mail id murtazatk@... for further details.

All those who wish to extend financial help to Hussain Vohra, please note the following details :
Salams & Dua ni iltemas

GULF,RAZ,PIG. HOW ABOUT HELPING THIS FAMILY POSTED FROM MALUMMAT MESSAGE.THE IMPORTANT READING IS AQUA MOULA ONLY GAVE THE DUA NOT MONEY

hussks

Unread post by hussks » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:29 pm

Whatever happened to Saifee Hospital.There supposed to 10 beds available for poors. Sayedna Saheb along with the dua could also have given a bed in the Saifee Hospital.

hussks

Unread post by hussks » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:41 pm

The Kasre Alis get free VIP rooms for delivering babies and minor illnesses. This family atleast deserves a bed in the common ward.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:54 am

Zulfiqar bhai,just depends on the way you do araz.If u say that you know MOULA really wanted for u to go for ziarat (vacation).and you also dreamed that moulla said for you to ask for the round trip tickets is the reason u r asking.Becuse moula talks to u in your dream.With his Dua an all you will be blessed with the ziarat.Remember he started it.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:02 pm

Originally posted by seeker110:
Zulfiqar bhai,just depends on the way you do araz.If u say that you know MOULA really wanted for u to go for ziarat (vacation).and you also dreamed that moulla said for you to ask for the round trip tickets is the reason u r asking.Becuse moula talks to u in your dream.With his Dua an all you will be blessed with the ziarat.Remember he started it.
:D :D :D

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:36 pm

the rest of the arguments or speculation on what we shud do to get organised etc, is purely academic and for yr own past-time in idle moments..
Yes, you may call it academic because that's a convenient way to avoid taking any direct, public action. Rhetoric will get you far, but only up to a point. Based on some of your previous posts, I hardly think that you, Zulfiqar, are in any position to decide what is academic and related to personal pastimes. Judging by the number and size of your posts, I would daresay that you have quite a bit of idle time on your hands.

Perhaps you should think on what people have to say before brushing it off so lightly.
As an Ex-Bohri, and someone directly uninvolved in the progressive movement, I have a certain objectivity and detachment that allows me to offer a perspective that is less emotionally charged than what I have seen on this forum recently.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:32 am

Dear Omabharti,
Salaaam Alaikum,
Please let us know about the health of the person you have mentioned.Do they still need any assistance.
I am not a generous or a rich person,but by the grace of God ,inshallah,if you give us the contact then perhaps I will be able to afford a couple of thousand rupees.
It is not even a drop,but atleast it will buy the mother and son a few meals.
Please give the info asap and may Allah reward you for this.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:58 pm

Dear Bohraji and others:
Following is the information from Malumaat Yahoo Group for that family.
All those who wish to extend financial help to Hussain Vohra, please note the following details :

Patient’s name : Mr. Hussain Abbas Vohra
Father’s name : Mr. Abbas Vohra (staying at the hospital with the patient)
Mother’s name : Mrs. Nafisa Abbas Vohra
Patient Sister’s name : Mrs. Tasneem Hatim Kotdawal
Chitalwala Building, 1st. Floor, Room No. 14,
49, Gujar street, Near Raudat Tahera,
Mumbai, India – 400 003.
Tel : +91 (022) 65156025 / +91 (022) 65156025
Cell : +91 9833211649
Patient admitted atJaslok Hospital & Research Centre,
15, Dr. G. Deshmukh Marg,

Mumbai – 400 026.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:45 am

safiuddinbhai,

methinks that thou doth protests too much..!

when i had quoted your post in my reply and said whatever i did, it wasn't aimed at you personally as such, but at all our idealistic friends who wish that things were so-and-so and such-and-such. my intention was not to ridicule or insult your's or any one else's well-meaning intentions, but to point out how wishful this sort of thinking is against an unrecalcitrant and hardhearted kothar, who couldnt care a rat's ar*e about any idealistic solutions.

as an uninvolved and ex-bohri, u shud perhpas know this better than anyone else. i used to also fantasise on the same lines before, but came to the conclusion quite a while ago, that the kothar is nothing but a bunch of goondas who are lording it over bohras in the name of religion. what use is it talking islam, spirituality or humanity with them???

my apologies if u felt offended by anything i said. perhaps i shud have worded my missive better.

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:19 pm

Zulfiqar Bhai,
I agree there is NO point in discussing anything that makes sense with these criminals. I do understand your position.

The last time I appeared in front of the TUS was when in 2000 I believe, to commemorate the reprehensible tragedy of Karbala, they held
"The Houston Ashara Fashion and Merchandise Fair and Pageant" at the then newly constructed Houston masjid, complete with filmi-songs cum madehs, a processional, and plenty of banners and flag-waving.

The whole affair was focused around glorifying the Bohri Bhagwaan and collecting huge sums of tax-free money rather than rememberig the final days of a people who - under seige, died for what they believed.

I declined to sajdaa in front of him, and I decided to salaam him with no money. I did manage to get there and do the thing, but afterwards, I was disgusted and enraged that it was even expected that I should "pay" these goons just to kiss their hands and feet, and that I should bow my head and prostrate in front of this man.
Even the thought that kissing this person's hands and feet is somehow blessed is completely absurd.

I noticed a couple of stares and the chamchaas got me away from him pretty fast, but besides that there was no fallout.
Since that time, I've begun to have serious doubts about the credibility and validity of this "faith".
Right after listening to Hussain Imam's(SA)shahaadat,the Bohris were so overwhelmed by the tragedy of Karbala that they ran out from the masjid, set up shop outside, and began buying and selling all manner of products, from attars to pictures of the TUS and memorabilia.

Then came the lavish feast which quite amazingly wiped away all the tears and expressions of grief which were so eloquently made just a short time prior.

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:21 pm

Z -

Thanks for clarifying your position. No need for you to apologize.

;)

S-

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:40 pm

""The last time I appeared in front of the TUS was when in 2000 I believe, to commemorate the reprehensible tragedy of Karbala, they held
"The Houston Ashara Fashion and Merchandise Fair and Pageant""

:D :D :D

jawanmardan

Unread post by jawanmardan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:55 am

How long have Bohras officially been visiting Iraq since the invasion? :|