S. Insaf wrote:The above quoted news says "Of the 34 proposals submitted for approval, the committee rejected nine (9). Civic officials said these proposals had been rejected as the developers could not get the consent of 70% of either the landlords or tenants.
There two majore problems in the concerned area of Bhindi Bazar:-
1) In last hundreds of years many landlords have changed hands. Their official records are quite confusing. Even their tenants are unaware who the actual owner is today. They are giving from Rs. 21 to Rs. 225 rent per month some rent-collector.
2) There are several Masjids in Bhindi Bazar:-
1. Raza Jama Masjid Phool gali
2. Handivali – Saifee Jubilee Marg
3. Dhanwali Masjid –
4. Shafaquee Masjid –Mutton St.
5. Hazrat Khuwaja Hasanul mafee Ruhi Masjid
6. Rafai Masjid – Bara Imam Rd.
7. Zainabia Masjid –Pakmodiya
8. Saifee Masjid
9. Husaini Masjid,
10. Qutbi Masjid,
11. Fatemi Masjid
12) 5 Muslim Dargahs beside Roza Tahera
13) Two Shia Imam Baras
Some of the Masjids and Dargahs are of historical importance. These are no where in the plans submitted except Roza Tahera. Even Saifee Masjid (Masjid-e-Aazam) is not shown in the plans. May be because it has a recent history Lanat and apology incidents and the people concerned wants to wipe it out.
Dawoodi Bohras may come under pressure but most Muslims are refusing to hand over their Masjids and Dargah.
Plan is not to cover whole Bhendi bazaar so only 2 Masjids of Non Bohras are getting affected and due to adamant nature of Phool wali gali or Tokra gali Masjid Imam that whole lane is not included and with kashmiri Masjid negotiations are going on for some minor structural changes, except that none of the Non Bohra Masjids or Dargah's are in the precinct of development.
and For Zainabia some swap deal is being talked about where a equal or a better property will be handed over in return of the place, and i dont think Zenabia has any historical value for Ithna Asharis so they will be happy to go towards najam baud which is there strong hold
None of the Muslims are asked to handover there Masjids or Dargahs
rest all is your imagination running wild, for which i dont blame you, as you also have to live up to the standards