Abortion and Islam

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.
seeker110

Abortion and Islam

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:49 pm

How are we to prevent our selves,our family and society from unnecessary burden our child or children borne by people who are unable to take care of themselves,let alone children born to them.A deformed or terminal child will use up too many resources thus denying resources to the other members of the family. What does Islam say about condoms,aids and prevention.We all have seen the malfunction and disruption of the family where a down syndrome baby is born.I certainly do not know the religions aspects to the problem.

anajmi

Re: Abortion and Islam

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Quran is very clear about this. It says not to kill your children because you fear about their sustenance. Sustenance is from Allah. A down syndrome child is a test for the parents. I have seen in America a lot of families, who do not believe in a God, taking care of their disabled children selflessly. A religious person should be even less concerned about sustenance.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:50 am

It was never about sustenance,but when I see hunger and starvation around,then the promise of sustenance doesnt hold water.It is not a perfect setup as you would like to believe.The creator falls short on the promise,and dont say it is because of such and such.We did not design or write the manifesto.Have you heard of woman getting pregnant after rape.What about HIV patent making a baby.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:02 pm

seeker,

You asked what Islam says about it and I told you. Whether you like it or not, it is entirely upto you. You are welcome to dump your down syndrome baby if you believe that is what you should do. You see hunger and starvation around you not because of lack of food. Maybe you should start donating more money since you do not believe a creator is going to solve the problem. Your son doesn't need those tennis lessons does he?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:30 pm

As far as raped woman getting pregnant is concerned, the good thing for you to do would be to marry her if she agrees. Islam does allow 4 marriages after all. Or women should carry condoms that they can hand over to their potential rapists.

As far as HIV is concerned, people with HIV are leading healthy normal lives these days. Here is an article that might help.

http://www.avert.org/pregnancy.htm. Hand it over to anyone you think is concerned.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:33 am

I presume Islam has no say about condoms.It more like keep on making babies.Sustenance is not 100% true in many many cases.I think he wants us to make the decision with the best of our own understanding.
The four wives is another tough one.Its damn hard with four to support.Specially when they all drive.I will need 3 hands to take one more and also one more over there too.But the thing works for people who are wealthy.Everything works fine for the rich.So God must like the rich.
Its hard to swallow down syndrome would be due to the deeds of others.Somebody fails to make a good product every now and then.It cant be the parents. definitely not the baby.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:19 am

seeker,

Islam doesn't say anything about condoms, but the prophet did say something about birth control. But the problem with people like you is that since you were born with down syndrome, you are unable to differentiate between the two. That is what causes you to come up with these incoherent responses.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:25 pm

I am surprised you think differently. Live and let live.

jawanmardan

Unread post by jawanmardan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:38 am

Dear Seeker,
Your argument goes down the path of eugenics, deciding who is and who is not worthy of life and a place in society. We would never have had Professer Steven Hawking in such a society.

I do however support family planning, having only as many children as one can afford. I also think that couples who face the prospect of a child being born who will only live a few weeks and undergo immense suffering have the right to decide weather or not to take the pregnancy to term. I can't say what would do in such circumstances, but I wouldn't deny the right or sit in judgment of those who do face such a heart wrenching dilemma.

Muslims too must address first cousin marriages, I think as a community this practice alone causes such great damage, and suffering to too many, particularly in the Pakistani community, an honest discussion is sorely needed.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:35 am

Muslims too must address first cousin marriages, I think as a community this practice alone causes such great damage, and suffering to too many, particularly in the Pakistani community, an honest discussion is sorely needed.
Has Hazir Imam come up with Farman prohibiting Ismailis from first cousin marriages?

jawanmardan

Unread post by jawanmardan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:29 pm

Muslim First wrote:
Has Hazir Imam come up with Farman prohibiting Ismailis from first cousin marriages?
Yes.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:07 pm

And what about Namaaz?

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Only if you have too many kids and no viable means of support.Keeping praying brother.
Br.MF I did not expect you to hurt our Aghani brothers.They find the same peace and enjoyment as you do,doing whatever blows your skirt.

jawanmardan

Unread post by jawanmardan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Muslim First wrote:And what about Namaaz?
That too. Not that any of this is relevant to the discussion.
seeker110 wrote:Only if you have too many kids and no viable means of support.Keeping praying brother.
Br.MF I did not expect you to hurt our Aghani brothers.They find the same peace and enjoyment as you do,doing whatever blows your skirt.
Blowing up MFs skirt ought to be saved for Halloween.