Are there any aussies who share progressive views?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ozziebohra

Are there any aussies who share progressive views?

Unread post by ozziebohra » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:48 pm

Any aussies out there? Say oi oi oi. I dont share all the prog views but agree on the fact that corruption and mass accumulation of wealth is going on unchecked and unaudited and would like to catch up just to throw ideas back and forth

S. Insaf

Re: Are there any aussies who share progressive views?

Unread post by S. Insaf » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:19 am

Dear ozziebohra,
Your language is more confusing than lisan-e-Dawat. May I request you to not test our intelligence but write in the words that we can understand.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:38 am

S. Insaf wrote:Dear ozziebohra,
Your language is more confusing than lisan-e-Dawat. May I request you to not test our intelligence but write in the words that we can understand.
bhai insaf,

he is a bohra from australia, and as such he dances to the beat of a different drummer. a drummer who whacks out the tune of WALTZING MATILDA, a tune which only true ozzie hot-blooded males, whose life's work is ogling juicy sheilas can understand. even the bohras of down under can be made to jump at the kothar's commands only in the style of kangaroos. all amils sent to australia are specially pre-trained in this technique at saifee mahal.

bhai insaf, aa momeen bhai ne maaf karjo. ey bhai yahan fakat tafreeh karva aaya che. ena dil me reform na wastey koi valvalo nathi. eni zabaan maa tawil nu bayan che, samajhva ma arso daraaz thai jaase.

ozzie, until u find another bohra crocodile dundee, why not throw some shrimp on the barbie and invite me over?

ozziebohra

Unread post by ozziebohra » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 am

Nice little rant there al zulfiqar...but i dont quite understand how my saying aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi has anything to with the kothar making bohras jump through hoops....i think you need to take a chill pill otherwise you'll die of a heart attack or stroke soon....

whereabouts are you anyway...sydney or melbourne?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:05 pm

ozzie,

aussies are different, thats all i wanted to show. even when the aussie abde bohras jump to obey the kothari farmaans, they do it in a style different and unique from any other bohras around the world.

no need to get yr back up. just relax and say as we normally do, 'no worries, mate'..

ozziebohra

Unread post by ozziebohra » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:13 pm

And how are you showing that aussies are different?

Make intelligent comments based on facts like s.insaf does

Otherwise ur no better than the fanatics out there

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:28 pm

ozziebohra wrote:And how are you showing that aussies are different?

I didnt have to show that aussies are different, you did with this opening statement.. 'Any aussies out there? Say oi oi oi.' so much so that bhai insaf cudnt understand a word of it!

Make intelligent comments based on facts like s.insaf does

The whole idea behind the exercise of commenting on your post, was to show the paucity of your intelligence. only a puerile dimwit would write things like 'just to throw ideas back and forth'. this demonstrates how seriously you take the reformist cause. i replied to you back in the same vein of frivolity/triviality which u used. if that was beyond yr understanding, then it speaks volumes for your comprehension.

Otherwise ur no better than the fanatics out there

99.99% of fanatics will neither understand yr pseudo kangaroo lingo, nor mine. fanatics btw, esp. in australia, are too busy kowtowing, preparing to throw shrimps on the barbie for the local amil. since u are not a fanatic, but more of a sheila ogler, u shudnt have to worry about what the fanatic abdes do. i plan to take in the ayers rock this eid holidays. feel like a walkabout?

candela

Unread post by candela » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:59 am

Assalaamu alaikum,

I can't believe a thread which started so innocently became so viral. Ozziebohra, let me be one of the first to explicitly welcome you to the forum. I myself am not an Aussie but I'd love to learn through you what the kothar is like in Australia. Btw, ozziebohra, if I understand correctly I believe Al Zulfiqar's statement that "aussies are different" was meant as a complement or flattery rather than as an alienation. You all are just misunderstanding eachother and getting your undies in a bundle.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:46 pm

candela wrote:Assalaamu alaikum,

I can't believe a thread which started so innocently became so viral. Ozziebohra, let me be one of the first to explicitly welcome you to the forum. I myself am not an Aussie but I'd love to learn through you what the kothar is like in Australia. Btw, ozziebohra, if I understand correctly I believe Al Zulfiqar's statement that "aussies are different" was meant as a complement or flattery rather than as an alienation. You all are just misunderstanding eachother and getting your undies in a bundle.
candela, you've hit the nail exactly on the head. I was simply toying around with ob, humor laced with a bit of amusement. what else could he have expected with his silly oi, oi, oi stuff? some sort of red-carpet reception?

his entire approach from the very first post smacks of an holier-than-thou, superior-to-you-all tone, as if he considers aussies some sort of special breed... it got my goat. he needed to be brought down a couple of notches. reform is not a frivolous past time or a joke, his language made it appear so. i am not surprised that bhai insaf asked for a sincere clarification.

candela

Unread post by candela » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:46 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:his entire approach from the very first post smacks of an holier-than-thou, superior-to-you-all tone, as if he considers aussies some sort of special breed... it got my goat. he needed to be brought down a couple of notches. reform is not a frivolous past time or a joke, his language made it appear so. i am not surprised that bhai insaf asked for a sincere clarification.
Err, I guess that is a valid possible analysis of ozziebohra's first comments, but I personally didn't get such vibes from them. As for "oi oi oi", I initially overlooked that comment, not knowing what it meant not being aussie and all, but after it was made into a deal I looked it up and became fascinated by the "aussie, aussie, aussie" chant. Seeing "oi oi oi" in a forum such as this felt to me like a testament to the cultural diversity of even a community as speciated as the bohra community. The bohras may all be wearing topi and kurta pajama and ridas at the masjid, but there are still striking differences between and within subgroups of them, culturally and otherwise.

In a perhaps not-so-obvious way, I believe that if the bohras were to recognize and appreciate the extent of diversity of bohras all over the world, it would increase their sense of dignity and pride and perhaps empower them to not take abuse from money-sucking members of the kothar.

ozziebohra

Unread post by ozziebohra » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:09 am

Candela australia is a relatively new and small jamat with one amil in control of asia pac (oz,nz) so the money grabbing is quite small and like as i would i do not have any horror stories as yet but its getting there...theres always the odd announcement about collecting for some cause that no one knows about and they are not cracking down upon stuff like dhaari etc yet because they cant... Its still a jamaat where they need to build before they can consolidate (totally screw people over) so all in all its still pretty good...ill be here for the next 5 years and then move to ukraine or croatia or somewhere small(jamaat wise)....i might even be the next amil of that place if there are no other takers

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:32 am

@ozziebohra,
So you are plant by the Kothar ! Find out who the progressives are and then when you become an amil, harass them.

Wah, bhai wah !!!

candela

Unread post by candela » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Ozziebohra, thanks for your reply! Hmm, the kothar seems to be expanding...
Smart wrote:@ozziebohra,
So you are plant by the Kothar ! Find out who the progressives are and then when you become an amil, harass them.
I wonder if it is even possible to be a good amil nowadays, or if becoming an amil necessitates becoming corrupt either because of the potential for extortion that the amil sees or because extortion is forced upon them by higher-ups.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:53 am

Aussie ausie ausie oi oi oi, Mate yes there plenty fairdinkum resistant liberal bohras down under. I read some one call our prawn, a shrimp, what a yobo in thongs. What's your backyard Vic, first state, sunshine or foreign west !

To answer so far the jamaat and us have a subconscious treaty, email exhanges are regular to remind of each others' capabilities, of mutual destruction if they try to import their oppressive methods

So for a short future we have a say when to make the visa process difficult and keep the kotharis at bay.

Our govts, jammat and us know about each other and are waiting to pounce should their need be. Lakemba Lebanese Muslim Association is also ready to support if need for media publicity.

In the last 12 months I cannot remeber any special funds have been collected so give them a break so we can keep the peace and cease fire

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:28 pm

so now finally after one aussie kookaburra's frantic calls of oi, oi, oi's, along comes another throttled one with his thongs in a twist.

shortly some more roo's, crocs and wallabies will join in for an aimless walkabout. where 2 bohras meet, can their amil be far behind?

ozziebohra

Unread post by ozziebohra » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Gday mate...backyard's vic...specifically melb...not many out in the bush in vic...

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:20 am

Mate salaams

I have moved to ACT I was in Vic and leaved a while NSW. Why the need, are things going bad in Vic ? let me know and my buddies will try to sort out.

Syd Amil is a delightful person, no issues. Me t him once socially and when once need him always happy to sort things out

For the rest people worldwide Aussies have a lot of choices ortho, liberal and middle ground. Lets give them credit where they deserve

Jammaat committee are also amatuer but do their best.

Australia New Zealand and fiji are around approx 700 members, Sydney has 300 so for now lets not winge like others ubless need be

AZ how wonerful the internet is that sitting so far you thing you have become one of the mates

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 pm

ozmujaheed wrote:
AZ how wonerful the internet is that sitting so far you thing you have become one of the mates
if you think i would want to be one of your mates, then u are suffering from some ozzy delusion..!! high maybe after some bushwhacking?