Progress of 'Progressive' Dawoodi Bohras

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
aqs

Re: Progress of 'Progressive' Dawoodi Bohras

Unread post by aqs » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:13 am

Doctor wrote:
aqs wrote:
Doctor,

Morris wala Musafirkhana was sold for a sum of 20 cr and a new building is purchased with the amount opp. Dongri post office which is 14 floor high with state of the art furniture and quite affordable rates, so a 4 storied dilapidated guest house crowded by Musafirkhana's rowdy footpath encroachers was better or a 14 story high new Building near to Raudat.
Who was the beneficiary of Rupees Twenty Crores?

Who holds the title on new musafir khana?
very shrewed, you ignored the point where it was a better deal for the community at large but are harping about something which does not bother the community except people like you who cant part away with their tinted glasses and so will never see the light

Doctor

Unread post by Doctor » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 am

While returning from one of his visits to Sri Lanka in 1957 AD he attempted to smuggle diamonds through his brother, who hid them in his turban. But unfortunately this was discovered by the airport authorities in Colombo. The diamonds were confiscated and a fine of Rs 75,000 was imposed.
aqs,

Mola brought embarrassment and shame to the community in his greed for money!

Doctor

Unread post by Doctor » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:23 am

Bade Mulla Taher Saifuddin sahab drank many public properties: Moriswalla guest house, a four storied building in Mumbai which was erected in 1924 AD by Karimji Jeewanji Moriswalla at a cost of Rs 2 lakhs for the convenience of visitors to Mumbai.

Doctor,

Morris wala Musafirkhana was sold for a sum of 20 cr and a new building is purchased with the amount opp. Dongri post office which is 14 floor high with state of the art furniture and quite affordable rates, so a 4 storied dilapidated guest house crowded by Musafirkhana's rowdy footpath encroachers was better or a 14 story high new Building near to Raudat.

Who was the beneficiary of Rupees Twenty Crores?

Who holds the title on new musafir khana?

very shrewed, you ignored the point where it was a better deal for the community at large but are harping about something which does not bother the community except people like you who cant part away with their tinted glasses and so will never see the light
It was not better deal for community, indeed it was loss making deal for community. The Morriswala Musafirkhana went from community/public domain to private property of Bade Mulla Taher Saifuddin sahab!

aligns

Unread post by aligns » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:54 am

Doctor wrote: aligns,

Your reply awaited.
Before I answer ur question, can you answer the question I asked in the very first post of this thread? For ur reference, quoted below:
aligns wrote: ........
Then it brings me to the question - What progress the separatists 'Progressive Dawoodi Bohras' (youth) have made during all this time (last few decades)? What have you done apart from criticizing the other side?

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:51 am

aligns wrote:........
Then it brings me to the question - What progress the separatists 'Progressive Dawoodi Bohras' (youth) have made during all this time (last few decades)? What have you done apart from criticizing the other side?
what do you define as progress? Does more progress guarantee entry into Paradise? Progress towards what?

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:04 am

If you really want to know the answers and reasons behind these and other doings of Maula (tus), you must make yourself eligible for it. Start attending majlis, waiz and most imp "sabak",
funny thing i was playfully arguing with my smaller cousins who are very devout, and they told me this exact same thing. start going diniyaat, sabak etc and you will find out all you wanted. Whatever question they couldnot answer they put it as "we dont have raza from mola to tell you" and their diniyat teachers did the same to them "you have to take raza from mola first". i cant stand this bs if i ever was to go to sabak. are you even allowed to ask questions to the aamil after the sabak. ?

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:13 am

Regal wrote:
If you really want to know the answers and reasons behind these and other doings of Maula (tus), you must make yourself eligible for it. Start attending majlis, waiz and most imp "sabak",
funny thing i was playfully arguing with my smaller cousins who are very devout, and they told me this exact same thing. start going diniyaat, sabak etc and you will find out all you wanted. Whatever question they couldnot answer they put it as "we dont have raza from mola to tell you" and their diniyat teachers did the same to them "you have to take raza from mola first". i cant stand this bs if i ever was to go to sabak. are you even allowed to ask questions to the aamil after the sabak. ?
Sabaks are plain brain-washing sessions! You are simply expected to swallow all that's being dished out with a closed-mind.

These sessions are in place to restrict your growth, to make you an invalid, a process to shut your mind completely.

aftabm

Unread post by aftabm » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:19 am

aligns wrote:
Doctor wrote: aligns,

Your reply awaited.
Before I answer ur question, can you answer the question I asked in the very first post of this thread? For ur reference, quoted below:
aligns wrote: ........
Dear Aligns,

Getting out of boxed mentality, Courage to stand against corruption and wrongdoings in the community, trying to bring democracy and people-first approach at local jamaat level and above all, creating a conducive environment of freedom and open-thinking are few things which i can quote as few things which i call progress. However, few other relatively small things, not for advertising what we do-

- Bohra Youth Medicare Center, which is established by Udaipur Reformists, runs as free dispensary, physiotherapy center, small medicine bank, a team of volunteers for blood donation and organizing other free medical camps.

- Establishment of markaz by aurangabad reformist minded bohras.

- Dawoodi Bohra Jamaat, Mumbai also runs similar helping programs for poor and destitute bohras in Month of Ramadan

These are just few examples, which are efforts of Progressive/Reformist individuals collectively. There are many more such activities, I invite you to join us in the 14th All world Dawoodi Bohra Conference being held in Udaipur on 13-14th Feb, 2011 to see more for yourself.