Why is the Opposition addicted to the DawoodiBohra Community

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Adam

Why is the Opposition addicted to the DawoodiBohra Community

Unread post by Adam » Tue May 01, 2012 3:46 am

It have always wondered why "The Opposition" is so interested in the Dawoodi Bohra community, when they hate everything thing to do with it. They are under the opinion that it is a "cult" and has nothing to do with Islam, etc etc
But yet, they constantly look up sites like Zeninfo and Malumaat.

Don't you'll have anything better to do?
Like focus on your own beliefs and improve your practices and charachter? Why do you insist on preying and spying on others.
For example, I have no idea, and really don't care what other sects are doing.
I don't want to be ignorant, but, I would rather improve and perfect my own self, belief and practices instead of interfering in others lives.

Hussain_KSA

Re: Why is the Opposition addicted to the DawoodiBohra Commu

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Tue May 01, 2012 4:29 am

You seems to be fond of starting new thread. I can understand your frustration as you are not able to put a single word on your masters websites. We are intrested becasue we belongs to same community " Dawoodi Bohras" and oppose the unislamic and illegal practices of the people who highjacked our religion.

Now please dont ask me how I will verify the Imam, or my leaders, sources and proof beside to whom I follow or seek guidance. These pionts has been dicussed and answered many times.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Tue May 01, 2012 6:01 am

I start a new thread, because discussions should be relevant to a topic.
You would've understood if you had some intellect :)
We are intrested becasue we belongs to same community " Dawoodi Bohras" and oppose the unislamic and illegal practices of the people who highjacked our religion.

Being a Dawoodi Bohra means you follow the Dai. Just like you were supposed to follow the Prophets Imams and Duats.
You've gone astray on the way. And you insult DB Dai, practices and beliefs.

Either you come back, or start your new community and worry about only that.
The world is huge, you don't have to worry about a tiny community. You are free to do and believe what you want.

fearAllah

Unread post by fearAllah » Tue May 01, 2012 7:33 am

Adam wrote:Being a Dawoodi Bohra means you follow the Dai
In that case Burhan bhai is not a Dawoodi Bohra and Muffy too after when Burhan bhai is gone :roll:

Abde53, you were right, this site is really confusing :? Hey bhagawan!
Last edited by fearAllah on Tue May 01, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

bohri

Unread post by bohri » Tue May 01, 2012 7:35 am

Adam wrote:I start a new thread, because discussions should be relevant to a topic.
We are intrested becasue we belongs to same community " Dawoodi Bohras" and oppose the unislamic and illegal practices of the people who highjacked our religion.

Being a Dawoodi Bohra means you follow the Dai. Just like you were supposed to follow the Prophets Imams and Duats.

The world is huge, you don't have to worry about a tiny community. You are free to do and believe what you want.
Sorry Adam no can do...We are DBs and will remain that way
Let's see now who has gone astray..
  • Money exhorting zadas and Amils?
    Dai worshipping praja?
    Game hunting Dai?
    Modi friendly Dai?
    Self obsessed kothar, who never miss a photo opp to propagate their own power over the poor and gullible - under the guise of serving the community?

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue May 01, 2012 7:53 am

Adam or Abde Scholars / Kothari defenders

Not only opposition (refomist association members) but followers (commoners) of the position are also in conflict and disagreement with running of the community and arbitrary practices. Can you please comment on below posted queries. I will summarize them once again for your quick reference.

Is there any credible list of events for which raza shall be seeked and its importance of Raza ?

How does Financial Fraud / Cheat not be a reason for baraat, especially when the fraud is breach of Dai’s Trust (Imam’s Trust) and embezzling of Daawat’s money.

With specific reference to Sheikhs and Amils who are appointed by sayedna saheb by virtue of religious authority and in position to take care of religious / administrative affairs indulge in cheating (financially and morally) can be passed off as with no religious beliefs ?

What are the disciplinary actions, can you state all or few as per your knowledge ?

So baraat an explusion from the bohra muslim community, if that person recites Kalema of Shahadat, is he/she a Muslim ?

Can he/she continue to pray namaaz in the bohra masjid ? Individually as well as under Imamat ?

To whom is this written Misaals sent to ? Local Amils or general Public ? Is this written Misaal / Memo displayed at conspicuous location at community halls or masjid’s bulletin boards ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I have your attention, can any kothari defender also quote on below queries

What exactly is the objection / apprehension with providing Accounts of Funds ?

By what justification / logic / reason…. presenting accounts is to undermine authority of sayedna saheb ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an additional query.

Do Bohra Mumin require RAZA to embark on Hajj Pligrimage ?

Do Bohra Mumin going on Hajj have to pay Laagat too ? Please note, Laagat is an additional levy above and beyond transport, lodging & boarding and other applicable charges.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM asks :

Can anyone refute what prous expressed with regard to Dai Abe Abdullah about the dai's fallibility and his tiff with the Imam ?

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue May 01, 2012 9:31 am

Hussain_KSA wrote:You seems to be fond of starting new thread.
It is one way of dodging questions being addressed:

Start a new thread using different words asking the same questions ad infinitum. Who is your leader? What are your beliefs?

All Dawoodi Bohras should prostrate to Allah alone and have faith in the Quran, like all Muslims.

Quran is the primary source of our fundamental beliefs and has all the rules for living. Abdes, like all cultists, are more concerned with leaders than Islamic rules and they follow leaders even at the expense of the fundamental beliefs.

Ali ibn Abi Talib said that "There is nothing greater than the Quran except Allah".

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Tue May 01, 2012 10:05 am

Adam wrote:I start a new thread, because discussions should be relevant to a topic.

Where it is written that being a dawoodi bohras mean we follows the dai blindly. Its too a recent innovation from you masters and which is incorporated in Meethaque too. Meetaque used to be for Imam uz zaman only and Dai is mare care taker in absence os Imam u zaman. When Imam is in Satr there is no dawat or invitation to other to join the community so I think the Dai's position is mare a Nazim. Time will show who has gone staray. Actually you people have gone stray by indulging in unislamic practices and idol worship.
we are dawoodi bohras and we will be dawoodi bohras.

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Tue May 01, 2012 10:13 am

Hussain_KSA wrote:

Where it is written that being a dawoodi bohras mean we follows the dai blindly. Its too a recent innovation from you masters and which is incorporated in Meethaque too. Meetaque used to be for Imam uz zaman only and Dai is mare care taker in absence os Imam u zaman. When Imam is in Satr there is no dawat or invitation to other to join the community so I think the Dai's position is mare a Nazim. Time will show who has gone staray. Actually you people have gone stray by indulging in unislamic practices and idol worship.
we are dawoodi bohras and we will be dawoodi bohras.
Salam Husainbhai, i read this word NAZIM somewhere in this site,may be 46th dai could not nass towards 47th dai i am not sure about no. but my question is this really true?

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Tue May 01, 2012 12:47 pm

@Bohri

In a few lines, can you verse out what being a "DB" means to you?

Hussain_KSA
When Imam is in Satr there is no dawat or invitation to other to join the community so I think the Dai's position is mare a Nazim.

Oh okay. Interesting. So after the 46th Dai, the Dawat went into auto-pilot?

Why is the Opposition addicted to the DawoodiBohra Community, when they have nothing to do with it and its beliefs? Very annoying :)

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue May 01, 2012 1:00 pm

If you stop visiting this board, you will stop getting annoyed. You should follow your own advise and stop visiting the opposition's sites.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue May 01, 2012 5:07 pm

porus wrote:
Hussain_KSA wrote:You seems to be fond of starting new thread.
It is one way of dodging questions being addressed:

Start a new thread using different words asking the same questions ad infinitum. Who is your leader? What are your beliefs?

All Dawoodi Bohras should prostrate to Allah alone and have faith in the Quran, like all Muslims.(DAI porus has issued a warning)

Quran is the primary source of our fundamental beliefs and has all the rules for living. Abdes, like all cultists, are more concerned with leaders than Islamic rules and they follow leaders even at the expense of the fundamental beliefs.

Ali ibn Abi Talib said that "There is nothing greater than the Quran except Allah".
Who the hell cares what you think. Go crazy some place else.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue May 01, 2012 5:28 pm

profastian wrote:porus wrote:Hussain_KSA wrote:You seems to be fond of starting new thread. It is one way of dodging questions being addressed:Start a new thread using different words asking the same questions ad infinitum. Who is your leader? What are your beliefs?All Dawoodi Bohras should prostrate to Allah alone and have faith in the Quran, like all Muslims.(DAI porus has issued a warning)Quran is the primary source of our fundamental beliefs and has all the rules for living. Abdes, like all cultists, are more concerned with leaders than Islamic rules and they follow leaders even at the expense of the fundamental beliefs. Ali ibn Abi Talib said that "There is nothing greater than the Quran except Allah".Who the hell cares what you think. Go crazy some place else.
If you dont care then........... dont respond !!!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue May 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Profstian
Who the hell cares what you think. Go crazy some place else.
Wow you are visiting this forum and you are telling us to go somewhere else I suppose Kothari Mentality has definitely crossed all brain barriers you have. HAMAR GHAD MAA HAAMRA SAATHE DADAGIRI WAH BHI WAH

bohri

Unread post by bohri » Tue May 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Adam wrote:@Bohri

Why would I do that??

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Tue May 01, 2012 11:46 pm

bohri wrote:
Adam wrote:@Bohri

Why would I do that??
For the sake of argument. To clarify that you are in fact claiming to be a Dawoodi Bohra, and adhere to its beliefs - and not a coward.
Its a very simple question and answer, I don't understand why you are so taken back by it :)

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Wed May 02, 2012 2:12 am

The people most active on this forum from the opposition are definitely not the real progressives.

So where are the real progressives? And why have they let this forum and as well as their community to be hijacked and held hostage by a handful of imposters who in the garb of progressives are driving their own agenda and actually causing the progressives to fall in line with their ideology and vested interest which the real progressives have nothing to do with?

Will the real progressives come out on this forum and raise their voice against what has been preached against their beliefs and traditions or are they waiting to be completely over-powered and out-manouvered by these imposters?

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed May 02, 2012 3:43 am

Adam wrote:For the sake of argument. To clarify that you are in fact claiming to be a Dawoodi Bohra, and adhere to its beliefs - and not a coward.
Its a very simple question and answer, I don't understand why you are so taken back by it
Below are very simple questions and answers. I don’t understand why Kothari defenders are so taken back by it.

Is there any credible list of events for which raza shall be seeked and its importance of Raza ?

How does Financial Fraud / Cheat not be a reason for baraat, especially when the fraud is breach of Dai’s Trust (Imam’s Trust) and embezzling of Daawat’s money.

With specific reference to Sheikhs and Amils who are appointed by sayedna saheb by virtue of religious authority and in position to take care of religious / administrative affairs indulge in cheating (financially and morally) can be passed off as with no religious beliefs ?

What are the disciplinary actions, can you state all or few as per your knowledge ?

So baraat an explusion from the bohra muslim community, if that person recites Kalema of Shahadat, is he/she a Muslim ?

Can he/she continue to pray namaaz in the bohra masjid ? Individually as well as under Imamat ?

To whom is this written Misaals sent to ? Local Amils or general Public ? Is this written Misaal / Memo displayed at conspicuous location at community halls or masjid’s bulletin boards ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I have your attention, can any kothari defender also quote on below queries

What exactly is the objection / apprehension with providing Accounts of Funds ?

By what justification / logic / reason…. presenting accounts is to undermine authority of sayedna saheb ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an additional query.

Do Bohra Mumin require RAZA to embark on Hajj Pligrimage ?

Do Bohra Mumin going on Hajj have to pay Laagat too ? Please note, Laagat is an additional levy above and beyond transport, lodging & boarding and other applicable charges.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Progiticide
I agree with his opinion. Its surprising where are the progressive / reformist movement associated members ? Their numbers are in minority here as compared to dissatisfied orthodox DBs from the community leadership, Also there are few non bohras who comment on DB community practices and theories.

Also there are imposters / agents from Kothari inc management, promoting, defending, safeguarding their policies and applying all the tactics to escape uncomfortable questions on their income or authority.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Wed May 02, 2012 7:46 am

Adam

One does not become or not become a bohra..one is or is born, it is a tribe, ethnic community.

A bohra can be faithful or not.. Your Diai can stop me from attending his private functions but cannot stop me identifying as a bohra, speak the language or have cultural ties.

I can be a Sunni, Shia or Wahhabi

If you do not understand..how about this can you become an indian , can I declare you are not an Indian , if your ancestors were from the area where Gujarati bohras lived for centuries and you live and practise Indian culture ? No same applies for dawoodi bohra

Now if I am a bohra I have democratic rights to criticisms my ethnic affairs..it is not breach of bohra affairs. Eg a black American can argue and criticise their issues and not be called a racist.

By you calling me a bohra or not does not change the fact...my DNA states I am a bohra!
So my advice get used to it!
Last edited by ozmujaheed on Wed May 02, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

bohri

Unread post by bohri » Wed May 02, 2012 7:46 am

Adam wrote:For the sake of argument. To clarify that you are in fact claiming to be a Dawoodi Bohra, and adhere to its beliefs - and not a coward.
Its a very simple question and answer, I don't understand why you are so taken back by it :)
I don't have to justify to you or anyone else my identity as a DB. Simple as that! Think what you want of me - coward, non DB, Christian or otherwise! I know who I am - a pukkah DB

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed May 02, 2012 8:39 am

A jew is person born to Jewish Mother or
one who converts to Jewdism thru conversion rituals.

You are Muslim since your parents Muslim and hopefully somebody made Adhan in your ear after you were born or you bacame Muslim by by choice.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed May 02, 2012 8:43 am

I can be a Sunni, Shia or Wahhabi
You are Muslim and you follow Sunni or Shia sect.
Among Sunni there are many Madhabs
Among Shia there are many Madhabs

It does not matter if you follow your Madhab or not

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Wed May 02, 2012 10:08 am

progticide wrote:The people most active on this forum from the opposition are definitely not the real progressives.
So where are the real progressives? And why have they let this forum and as well as their community to be hijacked and held hostage by a handful of imposters who in the garb of progressives are driving their own agenda and actually causing the progressives to fall in line with their ideology and vested interest which the real progressives have nothing to do with?
Will the real progressives come out on this forum and raise their voice against what has been preached against their beliefs and traditions or are they waiting to be completely over-powered and out-manouvered by these imposters?
Pesticide, thanks for your concern for this forum, but in your blind zeal for Dai-worship you have failed to notice that we the real, non-dai-worshipping Dawoodi Bohras have bee raising the voice against the actual imposters - the royal family and their hucksters like you - who have hijacked the Dawat and changed it out of shape, preaching and practicing against the beliefs and traditions of Dawoodi Bohras.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Wed May 02, 2012 12:47 pm

progticide wrote:The people most active on this forum from the opposition are definitely not the real progressives.

Well said Progticide. That's why I created this thread in the first place "PROGGIES please stand up!" http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=6963

@Ozmujaheed
One does not become or not become a bohra..one is or is born, it is a tribe, ethnic community.

That's where you are wrong. Dawoodi Bohra is a belief, and NOT an "ethnic community".
Quoting you "most respected Proggy site"
We are Ismaili Fatimid Mustalian Tayyebi Dawoodi Bohras, a sect of Shia Islam.

Any person of any race or community can become a Dawoodi Bohra if they adhere to its beliefs.

@Bohri
I don't have to justify to you or anyone else my identity as a DB. Simple as that! Think what you want of me - coward, non DB, Christian or otherwise! I know who I am - a pukkah DB

I don't know why you're so scared to answer.
I'm not asking you to justify anything. I'm just asking what the word "Dawoodi Bohra" means to you.

@Humsafar
we the real, non-dai-worshipping Dawoodi Bohras

I'll ask the same question to you.
What does "Dawoodi Bohra" mean to you? (Few lines).
And which Dawoodi Bohra didn't "follow" any Dai? (There have been 52 followed so far.)

Simple questions. Come to the basics.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Any person of any race or community can become a Dawoodi Bohra if they adhere to its beliefs.
Well, first of all, you'd have to be completely out of your mind to willing become a Dawoodi Bohra. Second, "Dawat" for the Dawoodi Bohras only means "khaane ki dawat". There is no ilm ki dawat by the Dawoodi Bohras.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Thu May 03, 2012 8:18 am

Adam you are wrong db is not faith based..show me which other tribe or culture follows db, even the Yemeni who passed on the faith are fleeing.
It is primarily Gujarati's or gujju migrants.w

Your Diai would wish it is his choice , just so he can control who is in or out. You would wish to excommunicate but by Allah you are in for a fight, I am not leaving and if you push I am going to thump you! I guess hundreds if not thousands of progs and ressies feel the same.

If it was faith based how do you get away by having your own section in hajj, like a nation and your Diai claiming to be a sultan.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Thu May 03, 2012 1:47 pm

ozmujaheed
Adam you are wrong db is not faith based..show me which other tribe or culture follows db, even the Yemeni who passed on the faith are fleeing.

You answered you're own question. There are Yemeni DBs. (Whether they are fleeing or not, they are Yemenis not Gujaratis). I'm aware there are about 10,000 Dawoodi Bohra Yemenis residing in Yemen.
Dawoodi Bohra is a name given to the Islamic, Ismaili, Fatimi Tyebi Dawoodi belief.

If it was faith based how do you get away by having your own section in hajj, like a nation and your Diai claiming to be a sultan.

Do I smell a bit of jealousy?
For that answer, you'd gave to ask the Saudi Government why they allow the Hujjaj al Bohra to have their own section. It just shows the power of unity, which you lack.
P.S - Even the YEMENI DAWOODI BOHRAS come under this same section. (Rather than going with the normal Yemeni crowd)

So.......................
Why is the Opposition addicted to the DawoodiBohra Community?

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Thu May 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Adam wrote:
Because a dai-worshipping cult has hijacked our community.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu May 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Adam wrote:It have always wondered why "The Opposition" is so interested in the Dawoodi Bohra community, when they hate everything thing to do with it. They are under the opinion that it is a "cult" and has nothing to do with Islam, etc etc
In short you want this site to close down !!!! It has been said umpteen number of times and once again let me repeat that as long as you and your dai engage in practices contrary to Islam and still call yourselves Muslims then every muslim has a right to vehemently oppose it. If youll do not want to be disturbed then remove the label of Islam and not many will bother you.

fearAllah

Unread post by fearAllah » Thu May 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Adam wrote:
Your question is completely baseless, first clarify do you mean addicted to the Dawoodi Bohra Community or Burhani Bohra Community? As Burhani Bohra community itself are no longer in line with Dawoodi bohra community or their principles.

Now my turn :) Why are you Burhani Bohras addicted to the Dawoodi bohra community? We are exhausted of being your hostages for hundred years now even though after paying billions in randsome (ziyafats, najwa, fake wajibaats, salams etc), please leave us alone and go hijack somebody else!!