Dream Project of Bhendi Bazar

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
humble_servant_us

Re: Dream Project of Bhendi Bazar

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Wed May 16, 2012 7:23 am

Mohammedi/Tayebi building was one of the biggest building in Bhendi bazaar. To get it vacated in less than 3 months is a big achievement for SBUT(Saifee Burhani Upliftment trust). Initially there was a lot of resentment from the tenants about the alternate arrangements provided. The houses in this building are roughtly 300-350 sq ft and the alternate accomodation provided is ~240sq ft. Because of this many tenants had demanded 2 houses for 1 and 3 for 2 houses at the new place. Initially SBUT did not agree but finally they had to compromise and provide the tenants more space in the new accomodation.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed May 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Mohamedi/Tayabi is indeed the biggest building in the entire bhendi bazar area and to vacate its tenants is indeed a big task but dont forget that the building is owned by kothar since quite many years hence the resistance was thwarted to a great extent. As regards alloting houses in the project kindly note that as per government rules the minimum area of a flat in any redevelopment project should not be less then 300 sq ft irrespective of the size of the earlier vacated flat.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed May 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Many members on this forum always had reservations with regard to the bhendi bazar project as to expect any constructive work ONLY for the benefit of the community from the zaadas who are full time into extortion is nothing more then a fairytale. From the Ujjain episode it is now becoming more clear that the SBUT project is only the FIRST in line and many more are to follow. In days to come we will see more such projects in cities like chennai, pune, bangalore, surat, ahmedabad etc where there is a sizable bohra population in a ghettoised manner.

This entire scheme is part of a larger gameplan to convert huge amount of black money into real estate as it is much safe and easier to have immovable assets rather then have tonnes of green paper stocked in the dungeons of saifee mahal. Moreover there is lot of pressure on the government from prominent citizens, NGOs and other organisations to act tough when it comes to black money and lakhs of crores stacked in swiss banks. The abdes should realise that there is NO FREE LUNCH anywhere especially when it comes to zaadas !!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:38 pm

The SBUT Project was announced somewhere in mid 2009 and its almost 3 years but not a brick is laid anywhere nor has any old building being demolished. Even now i.e. 2012, the tenants are paid 3 years rent in advance by way of alternate accomodation. There is talk amongst local bohras that the project is being DELIBERATELY delayed and there is no likelihood that it may commence anywhere before 2014, the reason being that it is an election year and the zaadas are waiting for a new govt to be installed which according to them will again be UPA i.e. the current regime headed by Congress. It seems that there is a tacit understanding between the higher ups wherein the zaadas expect a much liberalised FSI (Floor Space Index) which will increase their profits manifold. The new rules benefiting the zaadas and the builder lobby at large can only be laid down once elections are over as the govt is now in a very delicate position. In case of another party coming into power then too things can be managed as it always happens in India. Hence it is a wait and watch situation.

Although on paper the project is excellent which would benefit the locals immensely but the actual outcome can only be known once the project is fully completed and in this case it is quite a long wait.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:59 pm

I beleive that a construction will take place and 4-5 towers will ago up facing Raudat Tahera. These towers will be connected to the Sehen to RT
Apartments facing RT will be rented out to outside tourist. They are following the same plan as is done in Makkah and Medina. As the saying goes if you do tawaf of RT then it is equal to doing Tawaf of Haram Sharif and if the haqiqi Kaaba is here then bother going to Hajj and Umrah. I have families and friends who reside within the range of SBUT and no one have even contacted them so it is suffice to say that they are creating a Tourist attraction in the immediate vicinity of RT and then they will give some lame excuses like the one they gave about Saifee Technical High School at Dawood Baugh.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:54 pm

All said and done but the amount of money that these zaadas will be making is mind blowing. The FSI that they are expecting is almost 4 which means that against a flat of 1000 sq ft they will be allowed to construct 4000 sq ft and even that will be manipulated by way of 'built up' and super built up' areas. The present cost of construction on such large scale works out to hardly Rs.1500 to Rs.1700 per sq ft and the current property rates are anywhere between Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000 per sq ft which can easily go up to Rs.30,000 per sq ft by the time the actual construction starts. Now multiply this with the saleable areas and one will get a figure which will not fit in any pocket calculator !!

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:41 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:All said and done but the amount of money that these zaadas will be making is mind blowing. The FSI that they are expecting is almost 4 which means that against a flat of 1000 sq ft they will be allowed to construct 4000 sq ft and even that will be manipulated by way of 'built up' and super built up' areas. The present cost of construction on such large scale works out to hardly Rs.1500 to Rs.1700 per sq ft and the current property rates are anywhere between Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000 per sq ft which can easily go up to Rs.30,000 per sq ft by the time the actual construction starts. Now multiply this with the saleable areas and one will get a figure which will not fit in any pocket calculator !!

Mr. GM,
If the Shaazaadas are making money than what is wrong with it? What pains you if the coffers of MOLA are getting bigger. The Royal Family will now make a new Mahal and call it Burhani Mahal .It will have bricks of gold lkke Shaddaad. Money is for worldly matter and we are living in this world at the moment. Someone has to finance their lifestyle. So why not Bohras. This way the money stays within the Bohras. Have you not seen the new Masjid in Kufa. How happy Mola Ali will be in Heaven by seeing such an opulent Masjid. Mola ali used to have iftaar with roti and salt and only 3 morsels. Mola wants us to live like Mola Ali ,this is why the Shahzaadas take money from us so that a majority will remain poor and attain Jannat through poverty.

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:01 am

mnoorani wrote: Mola ali used to have iftaar with roti and salt and only 3 morsels. Mola wants us to live like Mola Ali ,this is why the Shahzaadas take money from us so that a majority will remain poor and attain Jannat through poverty.
Now, have I grasped the true understanding! The true wisdom! I was looking for answers all these years. Taweel ni vaat hawe samajh maa aavi. Su niraali shaan...

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:02 am

mnoorani wrote:
ghulam muhammed wrote:All said and done but the amount of money that these zaadas will be making is mind blowing. The FSI that they are expecting is almost 4 which means that against a flat of 1000 sq ft they will be allowed to construct 4000 sq ft and even that will be manipulated by way of 'built up' and super built up' areas. The present cost of construction on such large scale works out to hardly Rs.1500 to Rs.1700 per sq ft and the current property rates are anywhere between Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000 per sq ft which can easily go up to Rs.30,000 per sq ft by the time the actual construction starts. Now multiply this with the saleable areas and one will get a figure which will not fit in any pocket calculator !!

Mr. GM,
If the Shaazaadas are making money than what is wrong with it? What pains you if the coffers of MOLA are getting bigger. The Royal Family will now make a new Mahal and call it Burhani Mahal .It will have bricks of gold lkke Shaddaad. Money is for worldly matter and we are living in this world at the moment. Someone has to finance their lifestyle. So why not Bohras. This way the money stays within the Bohras. Have you not seen the new Masjid in Kufa. How happy Mola Ali will be in Heaven by seeing such an opulent Masjid. Mola ali used to have iftaar with roti and salt and only 3 morsels. Mola wants us to live like Mola Ali ,this is why the Shahzaadas take money from us so that a majority will remain poor and attain Jannat through poverty.
Mnoorani bhai

I fully agree with you! Why are the reformist bothered with what aqa moula and his great shahzaadas ?? They are actually making the community members more and more spiritual, Imagine with all the money the community members have, there is always a chance to get carried away in this materialistic world, They are making sure that does not happen therefore as a social and spiritual service, they are taking away the money from the followers... Why cannot the reformist understand the sacred mission of the great Kothar??? baffles me completely.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:08 am

MNoraani,
I noticed that you ran away from that other thread when I gave you a spanking.
Should I dole out a similar treatment here :?: :?:

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:33 am

profastian wrote:MNoraani,

Thank You very much for the reminder.I forgot to answer.Any ways I will answer now.
You see you pofastian. It is not the sunnat of Mola to hit his own sons. It is the sunnat of Mola to arrange a bathija to beat up his own Kaka .Like how Mazun was beaten in Surat.
It is the Sunnat of Mola to have the clothes of women torn up, the women to be spat upon and beaten up like what happened to Udaipuri Mumena Bahens right in front of his very eyes. It is the sunnat of Mola to have Mumins storm a mosque during Muharram Vaaz and have the fellow mumins being attacked by weapons and to be killed. This is what happend in the Moayyed Pura Mosque in Udaipur.
But no where has Mola ordered his sons to be beaten or spanked. We should follow the sunnat of Mola. We should not follow the sunnat of Our Rasul allah ,who went to look after a jewish ladys health even though the jewess would throw garbage on the Paak Badan of Rasullalah.
We should follow the sunnat of Mola ,we should not follow the sunnat of MOLA Ali,who would invite all hungry to his house for meals.This is why Saifee Mahal is out of bounds.
Hum to Mola ki sunnat follow karte hai.

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:43 am

Does anyone here know the legal status of having a commercial property on top of residence flats like the offices of SBUT in Huseni tower? According to my sources it is Illegal. In fact they have even illegally took the possession of terrace depriving of the flat owners of the terrace. May i know what can be done?

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:24 am

mnoorani wrote:
profastian wrote:MNoraani,

Thank You very much for the reminder.I forgot to answer.Any ways I will answer now.
You see you pofastian. It is not the sunnat of Mola to hit his own sons. It is the sunnat of Mola to arrange a bathija to beat up his own Kaka .Like how Mazun was beaten in Surat.
It is the Sunnat of Mola to have the clothes of women torn up, the women to be spat upon and beaten up like what happened to Udaipuri Mumena Bahens right in front of his very eyes. It is the sunnat of Mola to have Mumins storm a mosque during Muharram Vaaz and have the fellow mumins being attacked by weapons and to be killed. This is what happend in the Moayyed Pura Mosque in Udaipur.
But no where has Mola ordered his sons to be beaten or spanked. We should follow the sunnat of Mola. We should not follow the sunnat of Our Rasul allah ,who went to look after a jewish ladys health even though the jewess would throw garbage on the Paak Badan of Rasullalah.
We should follow the sunnat of Mola ,we should not follow the sunnat of MOLA Ali,who would invite all hungry to his house for meals.This is why Saifee Mahal is out of bounds.
MNoorani
I guess you were mistaken. Actually you are not Mola's son, rather Engineer's son, and an illegitimate one at that. And it is certainly a sunnat of engineer to spank his brood as evident by the sorry behinds of all the proggies. So you see, you are a sinner in Mola's eye and making a sinner out of Engineer too. You must have heard Mola say that every son should be obedient to his father and every father should make his son follow his footsteps. So please hurry up, all you need is a bamboo stick, a video camera and extra thick undies(or it might hurt too much)

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm

profastian wrote:
mnoorani wrote:
MNoorani
I guess you were mistaken. Actually you are not Mola's son, rather Engineer's son, and an illegitimate one at that. And it is certainly a sunnat of engineer to spank his brood as evident by the sorry behinds of all the proggies. So you see, you are a sinner in Mola's eye and making a sinner out of Engineer too. You must have heard Mola say that every son should be obedient to his father and every father should make his son follow his footsteps. So please hurry up, all you need is a bamboo stick, a video camera and extra thick undies(or it might hurt too much)

So you have finally agreed to Mola's sunnat!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:24 pm

aliabbas_aa wrote:Does anyone here know the legal status of having a commercial property on top of residence flats like the offices of SBUT in Huseni tower? According to my sources it is Illegal. In fact they have even illegally took the possession of terrace depriving of the flat owners of the terrace. May i know what can be done?
These types of illegalities is a common feature in Mumbai as the city boasts of having one of the most corrupt Municipal Corpn in the country where anything is possible provided one is ready to grease palms at the right places. One has to just visit Nagdevi St and Abdul Rehman St to witness the blatant misuse of residential properties as one will find a number of offices in residential bldgs.

The said "Huseini Tower" was supposedly constructed by a muslim (miyabhai for abdes) politician but is actually financed and wholly owned by none other then Quaid Zohar who has his personal office on the 22nd floor where only a selected few are allowed to enter, the reasons are quite obvious !!

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:29 pm

:idea:
Does anyone here know the legal status of having a commercial property on top of residence flats like the offices of SBUT in Huseni tower? According to my sources it is Illegal. In fact they have even illegally took the possession of terrace depriving of the flat owners of the terrace. May i know what can be done?
Even all the flat owners(all abdes) have been disillusioned by their nuisance and autocracy but the said builder denies that its owned by anyone except himself,yet continues to give them special privileges.

so what can be done?

zulfikar123

Unread post by zulfikar123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:34 am

Below is the useful link of the project

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 013039.cms

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:11 pm

The Mohamedi/Tayabi bldg has now been vacated and a slow demolition process is underway wherein the top floors of the residential part is being demolished but it seems that kothar is facing some resistance from the shopkeepers on the ground floor as some of them are owned by hindus and there is also a branch of Bombay Mercantile Co-op Bank Ltd with whom no concrete understanding has come through. Kothar is very keen on these 2 buildings as the same needs to be anyhow demolished as the public view of raudat tahera is hindered due to the buildings coming in its way thereby preventing a full view of raudat tahera from the main bhendi bazar road.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:18 am

humble_servant_us wrote:Mohammedi/Tayebi building was one of the biggest building in Bhendi bazaar. To get it vacated in less than 3 months is a big achievement for SBUT(Saifee Burhani Upliftment trust). Initially there was a lot of resentment from the tenants about the alternate arrangements provided. The houses in this building are roughtly 300-350 sq ft and the alternate accomodation provided is ~240sq ft. Because of this many tenants had demanded 2 houses for 1 and 3 for 2 houses at the new place. Initially SBUT did not agree but finally they had to compromise and provide the tenants more space in the new accomodation.
Is this real 240 sq ft which is like 20ft by 12 ft which is like 6m by 4 m how many bedrooms and kitchen, bath can you squeeze in ?

For 350 sqft that is not a a lot it is like 4x9m

Are the tenants / people getting same or better deal ?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:54 pm

ozmujaheed wrote: Is this real 240 sq ft which is like 20ft by 12 ft which is like 6m by 4 m how many bedrooms and kitchen, bath can you squeeze in ?
Most of the houses in bhendi bazaar are of this size, it consists of a room, a kitchen and bathroom. There is a common toilet outside the house, mostly 2 per floor which is used by residents of that floor. There are around 8/10 flats per floor depending upon the size of the building.

As per law, flats given to existing tenants after redevelopment should not be less then 350 sq ft even if the earlier flat was of a lesser area.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:24 am

Is this real 240 sq ft which is like 20ft by 12 ft which is like 6m by 4 m how many bedrooms and kitchen, bath can you squeeze in ?

Yes it is real 240sq ft which includes room , kitchen , bathroom and toilet with no balcony. For residents of Mohammedi/tayebi who have rooms of area atleast 300 sq ft with additional balcony this was not acceptable. Many residents demanded for 2 rooms instead of 1 and they got it and many who had 2 rooms got 3. The 5th floor residents had a loft for which they got a additional room. These residents are still fighting with MHADA to include the loft area in the new construction which as per MHADA rules is not to be considered. In all I think the Mohammedi/tayebi residents are happy with what they got. The facilities like parking, security, no electric/maintanence bills, overlall cleanliness etc provided by SBUT in the new premises is undoubtedly better than the what they had previously.

Mohammedi/Tayebi building is one of the biggest building in Bhendi bazaar and inspite of being a Dawat building the residents had presented lot of opposition in the past when the issue of its renovation had come up. For SBUT to vacate it in less than 3 months it was a big achievement and hence they had to agree to most of their terms.

Other buildings in the area do not have larger rooms, so they are not in a position to demand more and they have to to live with240st ft which is good enough.

In the new development it is a win - win for all. The residents get newer better flats with atleast 350 sqft. The developers will make money out of the fsi. The Dawat will add some feathers of charity work in their caps.
The only concern which residents have is the location where they will be allocated new flats, which i think is a unnecessary concern which people are raising. It will be all in the same area so it should not matter.

For the shopkeepers where the allocation of shop is very important there are some issues and for them it may not be a win solution.

Overall the project is good for residents provided it is executed properly.

exploitedpocket

Unread post by exploitedpocket » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:16 am

all that is ok but when the project is expected to finish.

At the time it was launched in 2009, i heard its a 3 years project.....which is already more than over.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:40 am

The project is very complicated. You are right , it has taken years to kick off, yet it has not actually started.
There are government related issues which still need to be closed. Acquisition of buildings in the area are still in progress and will take more time. SBUT has man power and funds to execute the project, its all process related and onsite challenges which is delaying it.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:18 am

humble_servant_us wrote:The project is very complicated. You are right , it has taken years to kick off, yet it has not actually started.
There are government related issues which still need to be closed. Acquisition of buildings in the area are still in progress and will take more time. SBUT has man power and funds to execute the project, its all process related and onsite challenges which is delaying it.

Government issues = bribes = maula ne crore mumineen waste crore kharcho =more wajebat = more khizmat = maula ni khushi

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Many people including me on this forum had reservations with regard to the implementation of SBUT project and with passing days the fears are turning out to be true. Many skeletons in the cupboard are coming out with more and more bohras of bhendi bazaar expressing their displeasure with regard to the project taking final shape.

For all the abdes on this forum, kindly note that this has got nothing to do with my disagreements with the dai on religious and other issues but it is a WARNING SIGNAL to the residents of bhendi bazaar.

It has been reported that the agreement entered into by the residents with SBUT has virtually got NO legal standing as there is a clause which states that disputes if any will be settled "By Arbitration"........... and guess who is the "Arbitrator" ?
It is the Dai-ul-muttalaq which in the present case happens to be the 52nd dai who himself is not capable of taking any decisions even with regard to himself and the torture being inflicted on him by his sons. In the event of his death, it goes to Muffy. Hence bohras are left to the mercy of the dai which in practical terms happens to be the zaadas and we all know about their credibility especially when it comes to money matters. Keeping this issue in mind it reminds me of a bohra landlord who owned a building opposite saifee masjid which he wanted to sell to SBUT for an "X" amount which was not acceptable to the zaadas. In order to pressurise him, a functionary from saifee mahal called him one early morning with the instruction that the dai wanted to see him. The petrified bohra immediately rushed to saifee mahal where he was presented before the dai and surrounded by zaadas. He was told that the dai wanted to buy his building for "Y" amount, an amount which was much lower. He had no choice but to answer in the affirmative although he knew that the dai was completely indisposed and unable to speak and the decision was actually taken by the zaadas.

The alternate accomodation which is provided at anjirwadi consists of a couple of towers which were constructed at jet speed which raises questions with regard to its quality and sturdiness. It is reported that the structure of the said towers is very inferior and questionable. There is a joke doing rounds in bohra circles that the ones who have shifted to the temporary accomodation will have to spend the rest of their lives over there as there are serious doubts as to whether the SBUT project will ever see the light of the day.

There is a strong nexus between the zaadas and other govt officials whose palms have been thoroughly greased. There are also some reports of serious allegations with regard to property documents. As we know that in order to start the project, the developer must have the consent of atleast 70% of the residents and although signatures of the majority of bohras have been obtained but there are many cases wherein the building itself hasnt been officially purchased by SBUT as the landlord refuses to sell unless he gets his price. In these cases, the consent of flatowners has been submitted to the authorities but in legal terms the same is invalid unless and until the landlord transfers the building in SBUT's name. There are also reports that documents pertaining to many such buildings have been fabricated. Kindly note that these facts have not come under public lens as the landlords have not filed objections for fear of being excommunicated but sooner or later there are bound to be some serious problems if and when they decide to take the legal course of action.

The Mohamedi/Tayabi bldg has also not been completely demolished as the shopowners on the ground floor have not yet given their consent.

Hence it is a wait and watch situation wherein it seems that there is going to be an endless wait with generations after generations merely keeping a watch !!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote: It has been reported that the agreement entered into by the residents with SBUT has virtually got NO legal standing as there is a clause which states that disputes if any will be settled "By Arbitration"........... and guess who is the "Arbitrator" ?It is the Dai-ul-muttalaq which in the present case happens to be the 52nd dai who himself is not capable of taking any decisions even with regard to himself and the torture being inflicted on him by his sons. In the event of his death, it goes to Muffy.
God forbid, if the SBUT project doesnt take shape and bohras are left high and dry then they will have to comply with the orders of Dai as he is the arbitrator and dont be surprised if the dai comes out with something like "hikmat ni waat chhe" and gives them a dabbi of khaak-e-shifa as barkat and sends them off.

This is exactly what happened when he collected crores of rupees from abdes for purchasing a building at Dr.Annie Beasent road, worli known as 'Sandoz House' which is now known as 'Novartis House'. In return for the crores given by abdes, he arranged a qadambosi bethak and gave the abdes a "dabbi of khaak-e-shifa" as "barkat" although the property was transferred in his name and he enjoyed the benefits by way of rent and price appreciation of the said property. The said building still belongs to him and is now worth hundreds of crores which can be estimated by the fact that recently a residential flat situated at the bldg 'Eden Hall", near to the dai's bldg was sold at a whooping Rs.One lac per sq feet !! (Novartis House consists of almost 8 floors and is a COMMERCIAL PROPERTY). Anyone can visit the bldg and see for themselves the nameplate on the ground floor which reads as "Dr.Syedna Taher Saifudin Memorial Foundation".

aliabbas_aa

Unread post by aliabbas_aa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:32 am

The office of SBUT IN HUSENI TOWER is itself illegal as the builder has not received(and probably will never will) OC from BMC . The builder himself has said the building is illegal as he has violated various norms like no water harvesting etc. The SBUT has illegally occupied the top floors doing commercial activities and causes nuisance to flat owners on a daily basis. There have been many violent fights too between them even for petty issues.Even the flat owners are not allowed to enter these floors and terrace as they are locked up and illegally occupied by SBUT.

So this is this is the start of SBUT and what will be its end?

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:35 am

There comes a time ,an age, an era
Where heads are hung in shame.
Blatant violation of human rights.
In my imams name !
We talk of Ali and beleive in Rasul.
The ummayyads now seem tame.
Sex ,murder ,poison, wine
To the zaadas, all is game.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 am

to all the naysayers and the doomsayers out there:

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/ ... =MIRRORNEW

Work has started.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:42 pm

zinger wrote: to all the naysayers and the doomsayers out there:
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/ ... =MIRRORNEW
Work has started.
I was very much sure that the kothar defenders will paste this article just to prove that work has started. It would have been better if they had gone through the whole article in details before celebrating victory. Here are some excerpts of the article which are self explanatory :-

"The Bhendi Bazaar redevelopment project -- one of Mumbai's most ambitious attempts to reconfigure a crowded residential-commercial area to provide for better housing, improved business environment, wider roads and ample open spaces -- kicked off on Monday with demolition beginning on two buildings."

Demolition of ONLY 2 buildings have just begun after a lapse of more then 3 years. Remember there are 249 buildings which are yet to be demolished.

"These will be replaced with a yet-unspecified number of towers, each averaging 40 stories. Sixteen such buildings will be sold in the open market to recover the project costs."

The blueprint of the project is still not complete as there will be "yet-unspecified number of new towers which are likely to come up".

"Demolition work on the first two structures of the cluster, Mohammedi building and Ebrahim Nuruddin Chawl, began early on Monday morning. "

Demolition work for only 2 structures have begun and that too after more then 3 years and out of which Mohamedi bldg belongs to kothar, hence vacating the same would have been the most easy task even then it took more then 3 years for kothar to vacate their own building..

"Things started moving a few months back when SBUT managed to get three major buildings vacated."

Out of 249 buildings only 3 buildings have been vacated in a span of over 3 years.

The demolition of the first set of buildings has also put an end to skepticism among the residents about the project ever taking off. "The project has finally taken off and it is certainly a positive sign. When the project was announced in 2009, we were told it would be completed in three years. It's already three years and the first building is being demolished now. We hope it does not take a decade to complete," said a resident requesting anonymity.

Hence even the project effected people are skeptical of the final outcome.