Where are the Jihadis

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
humanbeing

Re: Where are the Jihadis

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:21 am

Wow ! Zinger ! accusing me of going back on my words ! I m writing what I feel. I m not a judge or the executioner here, I m not the Dai promoting or abolishing any practice.

Holi is a hindu festival. Yet I enjoy playing .. the only difference is my intention. I do it out of fun and not faith .. hope you get my point when I say I enjoy some as per my taste !

We can take up practices and discuss case to case, and if we can debate on it convincing logically to accept a practice as matter of faith… sure I m open to change (reform) !

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:21 am

bro, lighten up. maybe i was a litle harsh on my words. i didnt mean to 'accuse you' of going back on your words. if i hurt your feelings, i sincerely apologise.

but here is my panga (issue) now

you have issues with stuff like Mama-Mausalu, Chera Cheri, Kaato Kutwanu, etc, but you admit to not having a problem playing holi?

i agree to what you say that you play holi for fun, not out of faith, but at the same time, the 3 marriage elements i mentioned above are also fun, not an article of faith, yet you have often in the past attacked it have you not!!!

i dont want you to even once feel that i have shifted my sights from hounding our multi-faceted chameleon to you, please dont... i have absolutely no intention of that sort. just that your stand sometimes leaves me a little :?

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:46 am

brother Ghulam Mohammad, i have the utmost respect for you and i acknowledge the soft stance that you observe on certain burning issues however i tell you it is the policy of dawat not to bother the common masses or influence them in anyway unless sometimes if the crowd is extraordinary and people are forced to observe their rituals on road or places where people frm other sects are influenced, sunni masjid people block roads on religious congregation esp fridays only two weeks back an accident happened outside the dawate islami mosque because they blocked the road and a young man died, similarly during rabiul awwal the misuse of loudspeaker is very common a friend of mine who lives next to a sunni mosque says that during ramazan sehri time the moulvies starts announcements way before the sehri timmings whereas that area is mostly dominated by christians but they pay no heed and try to influence others in whatever way they can but honestly i tell you it is the stronger sect who tries to dictate their influence over others, it was the sunni mob who came to saifee masjid ( and not the first time) because people were doing matam but what when these people misuse loudspeakers and block roads therefore dont try to portray as if this bunch tolerated the attrocities by the bohra community and finally they jumped on the road no it was just because they were confident of their power and strength over the minority otherwise we are aware how brave these mianbhais are, for somebody who said masjid na adaab ma ouncho na bolae i would ask him to stop giving azaan on loudspeakers then, by anything loud it means anything not related to religion otherwise how would everybody listen to the sermon and for that instance matam is also religious obligation.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:04 pm

bro salaar,

Thanks for your kind words. Please understand that I never condoned the spilling of namazis on the road during Friday prayers, in fact I am totally against any religious activities/rituals performed on roads which inconveniences others but you should understand that Bohras also did the same, hence two wrongs don't make one right, isn't it ?? Anyways its no point in discussing further on this issue as it then leads to one upmanship but doesn't address the problems nor tries to find the middle path. The sectarian divide has created more problems for the common man instead of solving it.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:35 am

why would we do something that is offensive

anything in excess is not good
our matam hysteria is beyond grieving and has become fanaticism and cultish

my teenage kid pointed out we seem to take the name of Maula and Husain more times in a day than Allah, are we really Muslims, is that not embarrassing when a child also notices this

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:06 pm

bro Ghulam Mohammad. let me be honest with you iam myself totally against fanatism. some members have mistaken me to be a one track abde but let me now put things straight in front of you and all members on this forum, well YES iam totally with you guys and condemn the loot and plunder that is been going on ive passed a good number of years of my life and have seen many ups and downs in this world i tell you it is all abt the glittering wealth that these people are after and have no sympathy for poor and needy of our society, once i went to a poor hutment area where our mumineen lives somebody told me that in one of the small house an old woman lives with his insane old brother and they dont have one single bulb to light their house, when i knocked the door repeatedly an old woman emerged feeble and frail i asked her why is her house without light, she said JO NA BHAI GHAR MA BULB NATHI i immediately called somebody to fix the lights then in one corner i saw her trembling brother, i handed that lady some money and with khloos e neeyat told her that this amount has been given to you by your moula Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin, on this she started nonstop complaining abt her conditions and told me to tell it to moula her tone was so confident as if she was expecting that somebody would be sent for her rescue, tears started flowing out of my eyes and i was wondering how would she pass rest of her days, i wonder when we would open our eyes and start doing some social work to help those who are in drastic conditions or would it keep going on like this forever.......................

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm

this is why Dai has been set in place to collect Zakaat and distribute it to such deserving people of community not for buying 170 crore property in Sri Lanka and riding in Range Rover and Rolls Royce. Salaar bhai i think you regaining your lost memory and have started critically thinking, good to know bhai that you felt something in your heart.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm

^^^
Br Salar
Thank you and my hats off to you for a noble cause. May Allaha reward you and your family for understanding and helping less fortunate amongst us.

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:55 pm

please accept my appologies for calling names to you sbm mongonies and others on this forum no hard feelings

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:57 pm

by the way sbm i never lost my memory but it takes time to change places i hope you understand

alam

Unread post by alam » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Salaar,
I have been reading your exchanges with others on this forum, although I rarely participate in them.
But now, I am curious. Help me understand. You have a change in tone, a bit sudden. How come?
I'm just perplexed, and cautious. I have always felt that you were a representative of Kothar. Now this change makes me wonder if there are many of you playing good cop - bad cop under name Salaar.

Pardon my paranoia, but I really have had very very bad experiences with Kothar, and unfortunately I know their games too well. Which makes it hard for me to trust easily. My apologies.

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm

i guess my reply in the other thread clears my position

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:08 pm

What salar has stated is good news...if every abde opens his eyes and heart their conscience will definitely signal that something is not right with SMS

It is the intelligence and conscience that STS and family so craftily shut down.

Now brother salar the challenge is for you to help others open their minds. One step at a time. May peace be with you.

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:32 pm

bro bohra spring people are doubting my ids and my intentions, well thats not going to make much of a difference for me, i was iam and i want to remain a true dawoodi bohra with my people with my brother and sisters like you guys but we have to understand the problem, my problem is not petty issues like making roti or no roti my problem is about the accumulation of wealth right and left which is going on under our noses we understand but we are helpless and believe me iam not a new critic i have stood up and talked against these practices among people you wont believe and there are many who are well aware of my ideas but there is a limit of criticism when you have to live with them, as john saxon said in Enter The Dragon "no there is no misunderstanding between us" if you guys can recall.