The next Dai

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
observer

The next Dai

Unread post by observer » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:34 pm

I want to speculate as to who will be the next Dai.

There are presently three groups that are potential contenders:

-Moula's immediate family i.e his sons;
- the step- brother - Khuzema bhaisaheb; and
- YN's family cohorts.

It is not clear who will get the coveted seat. In the past this family has flipped the seat from the incumbent to the brother if the heir apparent son is too young or vulbnerable. The uncle then after his reign flips it to the son of the previous Dai.

Who shall be King:

My prediction: The next Dai will be the present Mukasir who is the full brother of the Dai and is also old. Upon his death, he will appoint one of Moula's sons as Dai.

The Mozzum is not a player. I think he has been bought out.

YN's sons I beleive have made enough money especially one of his son's (lovely boy) who was in Nairobi for years and in business with Heptulla and got the Khuzema bhai saheb removed from Nairobi when he attempted to reconcile with the Reformists.

I look forward to hearing other peoples' views.

Muslim

Re: The next Dai

Unread post by Muslim » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:25 pm

Mufaddal BS and Qaid Johar BS are probable front-runners. Mufaddal BS was a clear favourite some years ago, always appearing in public by the side of the Sayedna. Its not so clear-cut anymore.

Its quite possible given the current state of affairs that the Sayedna will not openly declare a successor and the matter will be settled after his death.

If he is breathing his last, London may have been his preferred choice. That is where his wife is buried after all and he would probably wish to be buried by her side in the London mosque complex.

Prepare for your next ziyarat trip to Raudat Burhaniya London...

ezzoud

Unread post by ezzoud » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:23 pm

Can anyone provide any factual information on the current Dai's allegedly ill health ?

mbohra

Unread post by mbohra » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:40 pm

Write to:
Janab Aamilsaheb:
Dr. Idris Bhaisaheb Zainuddin
Dar ul-Imarat
Anjuman-e-Burhani

E-mails:
aamilsaheb@londonjamaat.org
AND
office@londonjamaat.org

observer

Unread post by observer » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:21 pm

Muslim,

London is already a place for ziarat. Never in the history of the Dais have their wives been worshipped like Bua saheba is being worshipped. Also do not forget the box for contributions which is there. When I was in UK someone suggested I should go for ziarat of Bua saheba. I told him you must be nuts! This community has gone nuts and have taken leave of their mental faculties.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:15 pm

How many Bohras know where is the grave of Sayedna Burhanuddin Saheb's mother and what is her name? I know them but just want to know how many Bohras going for ziyarat of Boo Saheba in London know it.

spot

Unread post by spot » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:52 pm

just a point,
bua saheba had done a lot for bohra women in general when she was alive. she was very active. the current sahifa al'ibadat of the bohras was edited and recompiled by her.

kalim

Unread post by kalim » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:40 pm

I agree with Spot: the former Busaheba has done a lot for women. Her sahifa is really very useful, specially for Ramadan and other important occasions as all dua's and ceremonies are listed in it in detail. Unfortunately many of the women's organizations she helped start are now being run by despot wives of Amils. A few decades ago women organization would keep an account of every rupee collected and spent. Today, wives of Amils openly say that no one has any right to ask how the collected money is spent. Further, many bohras women involved in social causes (there were a surprisingly large number of them) have been forced to stop their activities. In this manner, service of supplying poor bohra families with money for education, books, school fees has suffered tremendously. The distribution of wheat, rice and other food stuff to poor families in Ramadan used to happen regularly in the past. Now it has all stopped, even though sufficient funds are collected.

Anyway, the question is here of ziyarat. I believe that there is no need to start a tourist industry around it as is being done currently. Remembering a person and reflecting on his/her life should be sufficient. The present administration has put unnecessary pressure on bohras to visit shrines. I have personally seen families spending thousands of rupees in ziyarat tours while hesitating to spend a few hundred on their children or family. One can't blame the bohras as it has been drilled into their heads that ziyarat is so important that one should sacrifice everything to visit the shrines of pious-but-dead people.

Carl

Unread post by Carl » Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:11 pm

Kalim
--------------------
the beloved one has said himself.
rest should but follow.

but wait???????
atleast until the porus,
or,
the ALL POROUS one,
speaks about the all the porous ones, ie, clergy, that resides in all your hearts, for until?

well?????

u might, could, and should kill your clergy. here all clergy is deemed at minimum for the disputable site,

or you could always proclaim
"Long live the Queen", or
"Long live the King?" or
"Long live Madonna".

so spew yourself in directions that target the
very 'highness', which in anyways is limited to or relegated to ...

sorry, your high one was not worthy of even asecond of madonna's plight.

so how high is that? that's beyound the height of your 'moula' or what you call him. that's his plight and yoy all go down with him. and if you go up with him, that will only be for madonna's delight, until she sets yoy down, to reach with rest of humans.

kabeer19922001

Unread post by kabeer19922001 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:23 am

Can someone please translate what Sagan writes. It is beyond my comprehension.

HUSAIN_HQ

Unread post by HUSAIN_HQ » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:23 am

NEXT DAI!

WHO CARES?

WILL IT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE TO BOHRA????

I CAN SEE NO ONE AMONG THOSE KOTHARI WHO MAY AID A LITTLE POOR BOHRA!

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Boom!

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:18 am

S. Insaf wrote:How many Bohras know where is the grave of Sayedna Burhanuddin Saheb's mother and what is her name? I know them but just want to know how many Bohras going for ziyarat of Boo Saheba in London know it.

Husaina Ay Saheba (Surat).

You hate the 51st, 52nd and true 53rd Dai.
And all Duats and Imams before them
What do you care?

Mazakyo

Unread post by Mazakyo » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Adam wrote:
S. Insaf wrote:How many Bohras know where is the grave of Sayedna Burhanuddin Saheb's mother and what is her name? I know them but just want to know how many Bohras going for ziyarat of Boo Saheba in London know it.

Husaina Ay Saheba (Surat).

You hate the 51st, 52nd and true 53rd Dai.
And all Duats and Imams before them
What do you care?

Wah Adam babu !! Achi tarah sabaq yad kiya hai tu ney. Leikn 9 saal laga deye Insaf uncle ko jawab denay mein !!!!

godmoney

Unread post by godmoney » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Woe now muffy side need blank singnature forcefully by sending gonda to all mummin placevat night

Just got sms from shehteali. At 11:34 pm at night

Mumineen aaje Huzurala Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS ni mohabbat je apna dilo ma chey ane Apna Aqida ne izhaar karva no moqe chey. Ye silsila ma Aaje rate Khidmat guzaaro aapna ghare avse ane ek Representation par apni sign lay jase.

alam

Unread post by alam » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Blank paper signature?
You must be joking.

You guys are totally scaring the daylight out of me!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:10 pm

The Dai and his cohorts are hostile to your liberty. Allah gave you life and liberty do not give up this gift.