A SHORT HISTORY OF Nairobi, Kenya, EXCOMMUNICATION IN TH

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
mumineen

A SHORT HISTORY OF Nairobi, Kenya, EXCOMMUNICATION IN TH

Unread post by mumineen » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:56 pm

"A SHORT HISTORY OF EXCOMMUNICATION IN THE DAWOODI BOHRA COMMUNITY - Hakim Adamji

Within the last few months I have noticed that there have been number of letters concerning the autocracy of the Bohra Jamaat and the community in general and I feel that I should take this moment to educate the baby boomers and youngsters who are not enlightened in the history of Baraat.

First of all I would like to give a brief history of myself and how the excommunication started.

I was born in Nairobi, Kenya. My family and I were all brought up and raised in a true Dawoodi Bohra Community. We were taught that HIS HOLINESS, THE DAI AL MUTALQ WAS OUR SPIRITUAL LEADER.

Most of my knowledge is from Kenya and all the friction started taking place in my early days of growing up as a young man.

Before my marriage to my beautiful wife of thirty two years, I was engaged to be married to another girl. However when the question of marriage came up, her first condition was that I go and get the RAZAA for Nikah from the Heptulla (now known as Hebatulla).

I had a meeting with Mr. Husein Heptulla and was told that I should separate from my parents and have my own house, only then they would consider my request, and thereafter it would take approximately six months to be accepted into the community. I wrote to the girl that I was not prepared to leave my parents, and she wrote back that she could not leave her parents so we went our separate ways and have never looked back.

Our marriage was the third Kadhi Nikah (performed by non-Bohra priest) to take place in East Africa among the members of the Bohra community.

My understanding is that the friction and later on Schism) between the Community members and the Jamaat had started way back from the early 1920’s.

The Community in those days was run by Managing committee elected by the members of the Community. We had regular annual General Meetings of the community as per the constitution in force at that time. These meetings were conducted in timely and orderly manner. The Amil, the resident priest (periodically sent from Bombay by the Syedna) was an ex-officio member and was only in charge of Razaa and officiating the religious ceremonies, such as leading the prayers, funeral rites, performing Nikahs, Misaqs, burial, Akikas and other rituals. In olden days the razaa was given by Wali-ul-Amar, a religious person appointed by the community. The standard annual dues, mainly the sabils and fitras were collected and generally utilized for the benefit of the local jamaats, social welfare and the upkeep of the Jamaat assets.

The first incident which took place in the Nairobi Jamaat was in the early 1970’s.
During one of these meetings when the time came to elect Office bearers, the community proposed the Late Mr. Ismail Adamali (Master) be elected as the president of the Jamaat. There was some discussion and at that point the Amil of Nairobi Jamaat produced a telegram and informed the members that His Holiness Dr Saydna Taher Saifudin Saheb had directed that the Late
Mr.Fidaali Heptulla be elected the President. Late Mr. Fidaali Heptulla was unanimously elected as the president since we all respected His Holiness Dr. Saydna Taher Saifudin Saheb, and at the same time other highly respected community members were elected as office bearers.

After that the Amil started giving hard times to some of the most prominent members of the community, and finally most of the other committee members had to resign and The Late Mr. Fidaali Heptulla appointed his own cronies. Eventually it was announced that community members could only attend the mosque on invitation basis.

Our family never received an invitation to attend any religious functions nor any other religious or social functions. It was declared that whoever wanted to attend the community functions had to go to Mr. Husein Heptulla and sign some sort of forms (MAFEE, an unconditional apology) and thereafter mishaq was performed, and one was considered part of the community. Some of us had not done any harm to offend the Jamat, we saw no reason why should we bend/bow down and apologize to these local Jamaat cronies, and thus were never allowed inside the mosque.

The few of us, for number of years observed Ramadhan, Mohrum, and other religious functions among ourselves in the family at our own respective homes. At that time meetings were constantly being held between some prominent people of the community and the Jamaat together with Government appointed officials to sort out the problems of the community.

In early 70’s it was alleged that one of the prominent member of the community had uttered some slur against His Holiness, and thus a DAY OF GRIEF was declared by the jamaat. (Here we do not know who was right or wrong as there were only two members of the community present when the alleged incident occurred, and one of them went and reported it to the Committee). The Bohras who were getting invitations to attend the mosque were ordered to close their businesses and the working class was told to take a day off. A DAY OF GRIEF was observed in the mosque. It was something like an Ashura day. What transpired in the mosque that day we do not know for sure, but were told by other members who attended THE DAY OF GRIEF is that they had “matamâ€

profrog

Re: A SHORT HISTORY OF Nairobi, Kenya, EXCOMMUNICATION IN TH

Unread post by profrog » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:18 am

this is what we bohras have been telling the progs all along please leave us and form your own religion and leave us in peace,do not pay sabil or wajebat and then bicker like omadonkey or tahir,form your own religion with whoever you want as your moula appoint him or elect him and if posible obey him .leave the dawoodi bohras with our moula (tus) alone

profrog

Unread post by profrog » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:46 am

by the way who leads your prayers in the masjid and on religious occasions

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:57 am

please leave us and form your own religion and leave us in peace

profro,
What exactly do you mean by 'us'? Whom are you speaking for?

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:56 pm

tahir,
( us )means dawoodi bohra truth lover of aqa maula .

mumineen

Unread post by mumineen » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:35 pm

Pro_pig:

"truth lover" - you mean the art of "taquiyah" - lying, concealing, cheating, stealing, etc., for the sake of religion, skillfully practised by the Bohris and shamelessly encouraged by Kothar, among other misguided Muslims.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:08 pm

So Piggy and Froggy
So What kind of "RELIGION" do you follow? when you say leave us and form your own religion I thought we are all part of a religion called ISLAM
or did you start a new one?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:11 pm

And what the heck are you still doing on this site? Why do you keep on hibernating and then come back. you must be get your daily dose of energy by visiting this site as you are not allowed to express yourself on Malumaat message center where all you can do is just praise and make Aqa Moula suffer from his illness till TA QAYMAT (by making dua for him to live till QAYAMAT)

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:50 pm

Originally posted by pro_pig:
tahir,
Your 'love' for the dai is anything but true. True love means selfless and unconditional love while your 'love' is out of fear and greed. Over the years, kothar's meticulous and 360 degree propaganda has led people of your ilk to believe that total submission to dai would bring material prospereity and an assured pass to heaven.

On the other hand if you dare to harbour any doubt or question towards the Dai's ways, you'll face some divine curse and suffer adversities leading to bankruptcy. To back this up they pass around a dime a dozen stories of how the detractors (laeens) became paupers and how all those who have 'unshaken' faith in the dai are leading a prosperous and content life. So dude, just get this - your love is a very selfish love which in turn is a straight product of kothar's carrot and stick srategy.

I have a dog whom I love just for what it is. That may not be a true love but still much deeper and well found than what you call your 'love' for the dai.

mumineen

Unread post by mumineen » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:53 pm

Love Out Of Fear: Versilov's advice to Arkady
By Fyodor Dostoevsky

For the purpose of this missive, and to be politically correcr, please read or
replace "boy" with "child" "men/man" with "persons/person"

"You know, my boy," he said, "it's impossible to love men such as they are. And yet we must. So try to do good to men by doing violence to your feelings, holding your nose, and shutting your eyes, especially shutting your eyes. Endure their villany without anger, as much as possible; try to remember that you're a man too. For, if you're even a little above average intelligence, you'll have the propensity to judge people severely. Men are vile by nature and they'd rather love out of fear. Don't give in to such love: despise it always."

(Fyodor Dostoevsky (1821-1881)Russian novelist and short-story writer whose psychological penetration into the darkest recesses of the human heart, together with his unsurpassed moments of illumination, have had an immense influence on 20th-century fiction. He is usually regarded as one of the finest novelists who ever lived.)

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:24 pm

A very bizzare and outrageous claim by Pro pig etc. They claim to own a religion, which in itself claims to be universal and ominious. Then they claim the religion to be the property of Syedna saheb, who, himself claims to be the vice (and a humble servant of) of Imam uz zaman, who is in seclusion for un known reasons.

Love for Dai is understandable, but is elective and voluntery. I dont think, even syedna saheb can not ask anyone to leave the religion, just becasue he did not have as much love for him.

Belief in Dai is different from love of that very personality. The faith requires that "a" bohra has to believe in incumbancy of dai, and he also has to have the faith in his religious sermons, which should be in conformity with fatmid isamili doctorine. Dai is not Illah ul Ard. His own personality is regardless. If one loves him in person or not, has nothing to do with religion or its obligations.

So, to say, just because one does not love the personality of dai, then he is outside of religion, is nonsense.

The problem with our religion is, that it is revolving around the personality of dai, instead of his office and official capacity. (Syedna) Mohammed Burhanuddin is Dai by virtue of the nass from previous Dai, not because he was born as syedna burhanuddin.

Excommunication from any religion is false, no one can excommunicate anyone from any religion. Religions are non existent entities, rather an umbrella to serve as custodian of belief and faith. Allah sent messangers, who propagated his message, not their messages. Prophets and messangers were identifiers of the existing prophecies.

Syedna saheb is Dai in the matter of religion, faith in ismaili mustaali shiism requires one to believe in incumbancy of dai, but does not require to be respectful or love the incumbent.

I do not know Pro pig, if you could understand my assertions. But if, you read and re read it carefully, you may be able to understand, that neither you nor anyone has a right either to excommunicate anyone, or to claim to own a religion.

Telling others to leave "you" means nothing but a blind follwoing. Let me ask you one thing, Has ever syedna saheb has excommunicated anyone, if answer is no, then all these excommunications are baseless and should be challanged by people of good stature and faith, including you. If you consider yourself a person of faith and stature.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:55 pm

Accty
You are asking too much from Piggy and Froggy.
Remember you have to feed little information at a time otherwise their pea size brain cannot understand much as it has been fried by doing Purjosh Mataam and reciting GHANOO JIWO GHANOO JIWO

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:30 am

omabharathi,burhan,tahir.... if u hate some one that does not mean that every one hates him.i know what i am doing and i dont required any help from you guys.

abcd

Unread post by abcd » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:33 am

What is the meaning of Dai? Dai always call peoples to the Dawat. He can never ask to go away from the Dawat in any circumstances.

The frog is telling the bohras to go away from the Dawat! Has he taken permission from the Moula? If not has he have rights to say so? He is performing duties of Moula!

I am realy happy to know that Mumineen over thirty five years of struggle gets their rights and entered a Bohra mosque.

Instead of Bringing people closure of the same faith the frogs and pigs are dividing which is a pure act of saitan.

hc

Unread post by hc » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:14 am

by the way who leads your prayers in the masjid and on religious occasions
Obviously the imaam, and just FYI, any person who leads prayers in the qibla in ISLAM is called an "imaam".

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:50 pm

abcd (american born confuse desi)

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:55 pm

Instead of Bringing people closure of the same faith the frogs and pigs are dividing which is a pure act of saitan.
we are not trying to divide any thing they only the one who abuse maula and talk bull crape.why dont you read then talk we are just giving back their answer.and this site is made only for these thing is not use for any thing else.no social,friends,family site just braking and by the way they have great scholars ;)

mumineen

Unread post by mumineen » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:43 pm

abcd:

To respond to your profound comments

"I am realy happy to know that Mumineen over thirty five years of struggle gets their rights and entered a Bohra mosque.

Instead of Bringing people closure of the same faith the frogs and pigs are dividing which is a pure act of saitan. "

We understand that the Kothari Toronto Mosque at BAYVIEW has a sign outside the Mosque, warning that the entree to the mosque is permitted to or for members only. What members? Is the Community a Club/Cult? If so, Since when? Perhaps members of a self-appointed cult!

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:30 pm

mumineen
[/QUOTE] We understand that the Kothari Toronto Mosque at BAYVIEW has a sign outside the Mosque, warning that the entree to the mosque is permitted to or for members only. What members? Is the Community a Club/Cult? If so, Since when? Perhaps members of a self-appointed cult
because of you guys,come in masjid and fool your self.and post all bull crape and make fun of it.

aftabm

Unread post by aftabm » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:31 am

We understand that the Kothari Toronto Mosque at BAYVIEW has a sign outside the Mosque, warning that the entree to the mosque is permitted to or for members only. What members? Is the Community a Club/Cult? If so, Since when? Perhaps members of a self-appointed cult
Coming up next would be that even allah is owned by these kothari morons... so they dotn allow any one in thier mosque....

This probably goes with it...

Hamne Dekha hai aise Khudaao ko yahaan ....
Saamne jinke wo sachmuch ka Khuda kuchh bhi nahi.....

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:50 am

Originally posted by pro_pig:
tahir,
And how many do you think belong to this ilk as of now (assuming true love = absence of complain)?

Sorry to shatter your believes but if 'we' leave 'you' there will be nothing left.