Another muharram, what was the message

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
accountability

Another muharram, what was the message

Unread post by accountability » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:51 am

Like all muharrams, this year came, we did the same thing as was the practice. 9 days of waaz, 9 jamans.
I was wondering, what was message behind all this rhetorics.

This year syedna saheb delivered sermons in colombu. A wartorn capital of a wartorn country. Should we expect his stay will bring some solace and peace to this place. It did not seem like that.

I was going through the newspapers of colombo,they were full of ravages and killings.

Syedna saheb also said in one waaz, that degrees are no match for money making. Degree holders are trailing behind in money making from those who are in money making business. I agree, I shall always trail behind Sh: Hussain Gain of Karachi, He single handedly has done to Faize hussaini in just years, which some literate people like Mamoonwala could not do in decades, he has left every one behind.

But again degrees are not money making. Education is the essence of humanity. it is the knowledge, which has brought us to this century, and it will be ignorance that will take us back to our cave abode. It is the knowledge which delivers and delivered emanicipation to all, our jamat takes advantage of all the freedom, that is available to them, but they are not ready to reciprocate, they are afraid of knowledge and literacy, as this might invoke a chain of re thinking.

In all those waaz, not one word of imam hussain's message of freedom and justice was heared. What is the message, ignorance is blessing, money is the mantra.

Folks let us commemorate Hussain with ignorance, secterianism, killing and money. Message is loud and clear.

mburhan

Re: Another muharram, what was the message

Unread post by mburhan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:08 am

There was a police incident during this Moharram 1428 at the Toronto, Ontario, Canada Marqaz. Some Bohris ladies had a fist fight at or near the mosque and the local police had to be called to resolve the shameful issue.

What's the use of vaez (even transmitted from Colombo) "pur josh matam", wailing for Imam Husein and the Ashabs and then fight, quarrel and beat each other up. Where is the Ziqr, Shuqar and Sabar taught by Bibi Zainab?

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:44 pm

Welcome mburhan

Have heard and talked to ppl about this incident in Toronto. Both the ladies are from families who are considered 'die-hard followers' of Sydena and his kothar and his system. Why?? because both of them are 'businessmen' and do not have (and need..!!) degrees - as their Maula has said - BUT on account of Masjid are making huge monies. They are involved in jamans, masjid construction, organizing functions, managing finances and are making good money as their Maula is taching them. They donot know anything of Hussain or Zainab..!!!!

jinx

Unread post by jinx » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:10 am

I don’t know about others, but most of my knowledge and understanding about Ashura and event in Karbala came from non Bohras source.

Bohras Ashuras is just hype about the old man (Dai) and his overseas trip.