Aqua Moula's Hidayats!

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
MOHD HUSSAIN

Aqua Moula's Hidayats!

Unread post by MOHD HUSSAIN » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:41 pm

On 19th of Ramzan , Syedna gave some of the following Hidayats---"One thing that was specific to mumena'at was that they should obey their husbands. If the husband said that something was not properly done, they should try to redo it the way he likes it and not answer back.

'

Also, when mumin give zakaat they should give happily. Do shukr that we have got 40 that is why we are able to give 1 part." Bohri Women - Watch out for your rights! Again can somebody please explain what is this ratio of 40/1 he is talking about?Is it 2.5% Zakat ? Does that include all his taxes -the so called Khums ,SAbils, Wajebats etc?

ponga bhori

Re: Aqua Moula's Hidayats!

Unread post by ponga bhori » Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:45 pm

You do shukur to give jakat, he does for the rest of the collections. ENJOY.

MOHD HUSSAIN

Unread post by MOHD HUSSAIN » Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:14 pm

One of the Aqua Moula"s doa on Lailatul-Qadr Namaz------"Fatema AS na shisha ni zikar baad Allah Subhanahu ne khitaab karta huwa farmave chhe "E Parvardigaar, Hamara koi amal saleh nathin ke tara agal pesh kare sake. Hamne ghuna ni aadat chhe. Ghuna kartaj
chalaa jaiye chhe. Hame Mawali kiram no vasilo laye chhe gunaho no istigfaar waaste. Moula hamari shafaat
kari do, hamne bakhshavi do. Moula hamari Doa mustajab karavi do." So you can keep on doing gunah thorough the year & then ask for the forgiveness once a year- Sounds too good!!!!!!!

Hamara ghunaho ne hamein kahan ghini sake? Hamara gunah jeh muh(Mouth) thi, aankh(eyes) thi thaya hoy te maaf karje. Koi Mumin ni gheebat suni hoi, koi ne buro kalemo kahyo hoi te saghlu maaf karje.

MOHD HUSSAIN

Unread post by MOHD HUSSAIN » Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:20 pm

One more pearl of wisdom from Aqua moula-----"After that Aqa Moula TUS did Wasila. Aqa Moula TUS explained the meaning of the Surat ' Inna Anzalnaho". One night prayer during Lailatul Qadr is better than 1000 months prayer." So why bother praying for next 1000 months? How do you arrive at these astronomical figures? Any comments by the scholars?

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:25 pm

Its in the Quran - haven't you read the surat? - laylatul qadr (night of power) khayr min (better than) alf (thousand) shahr (months)"

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:27 pm

Quran asserts in that surat that Lailat al-Qadr is better (khayr) than a thousand months.

"Lailtu Qadr khayrun min alfi shaharin"

MOHD HUSSAIN

Unread post by MOHD HUSSAIN » Sat Nov 30, 2002 5:54 pm

Thank you Br Porus &
Muslim for enlightening this ignorant-

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:20 pm

And that was precisely the reason why the prophet was made to forget which the exact night of Laila-tul-qadr is. Otherwise Muslims would pray for only one night in their entire lifetime.

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:37 pm

Originally posted by anajmi:
And that was precisely the reason why the prophet was made to forget which the exact night of Laila-tul-qadr is. Otherwise Muslims would pray for only one night in their entire lifetime.
According to that logic we shouldn’t have been told precisely when Ramadhan is so that we would fast many more months instead of just one month.

Most Muslims just don’t know when lailatul qadr is so they have to speculate as to why the prophet didn’t tell them. I do not believe in a prophet who has to cheat to make his followers perform more ritual than they otherwise would.

Personally I think the Bohra argument makes much more sense. Bohras know when Ramadhan starts, when lailatul qadr falls and when Eid is while the rest of the Muslim world are busy squabbling about moon-sighting and speculating about why the prophet intentionally hid the date of the most blessed night of the year.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:27 pm

Brother Muslim,

What you personally think does not matter. The fact is that the prophet forgot about which night Laila-tul-qadr falls on. The bohras believe this and the Sunnis believe this.

Bohras believe it is on the 23rd night because prophet saw a dream in which when he was praying on the night of laila-tul-qadr and when he did sujud, his nose would be in water. Then when he was praying on the night of the 23rd, it rained a lot and when doing sujud his nose was in water. Some people hence concluded that laila-tul-qadr is on the 23rd.

Sunnis still pray on every odd night of ramadan believing it to be laila-tul-qadr but hey bohras are the "know-it-all" whom even Allah and his prophet couldn't fool.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:29 pm

Also when you say

"According to that logic we shouldn’t have been told precisely when Ramadhan is so that we would fast many more months instead of just one month. "

You seriously believe if that had been the case, you would've fasted for more months huh!! How many bohras pray more than one night knowing that the exact night of laila-tul-qadr is not known???

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:32 pm

Well, I made a small mistake when I said sunnis pray on every odd night. They pray more on the 27th than on other nights, however they pray that laila-tul-qadr is on the 27th, unlike the bohras they do not know it.

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:42 pm

What you personally think does not matter. The fact is that the prophet forgot about which night Laila-tul-qadr falls on.
Actually the same applies to you. It is you who thinks the prophet forgot such important matters, just like he "forgot" to appoint his successor. Such statements are simply your personal opinion, and to someone who holds a different idea they just don't matter. Bring a few hadith, and they bring a few of their own. So please don't peddle these opinions as "facts" because they are facts only to you.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:58 pm

Why don't you go talk to a few people in the bohra clergy and find out about this night. Then go talk to some Sunni Ulemas about this night and then go and talk to some Shia Ulemas about this night and then let us discuss. And then if you find out that it was the 23rd or the 27th because the prophet explicitly said so, then I will eat my words and apologize.

Another mistake that I made was that, I am not sure if the dream was seen by the prophet or by Zainulabedin.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:59 pm

Lailatul Qadr is one of the odd nights in the last third of Ramadaan. Bohras have a perfect last third of ten days. Others have an imperfect third where sometime it is ten days and at other times it is nine days.

Bohras emphasize taawil and they refer to Sahebuz Zamaan wal Asr for guidance. This guidance puts the night on the 23rd night of Ramadaan.

For Bohras, Eid will be on December 5, 2002. The new moon is at 2:35 a.m. (est) on December 4.

In Honolulu, the new moon will occur at 9:35 p.m. on December 3. So, they can have their Eid on December 4.

In Tokyo, the new moon will occur at 4:35 p.m. on December 4, so they can have their Eid on December 5.

A large portion of Muslim world will have their new moon occuring at daylight hours on December 4. Therefore they will not be able to physically observe the moon. If they insist on seeing the moon, then their Eid will have to be on December 6, since they will observe the moon on the night of December 5. However it will not be a new moon.

In some countries, notables get on an aeroplane to observe the moon because of cloud cover. Soon we will have the means for these notables to travel to a distant corner of earth and back after observing the moon and declare Eid.

Meanwhile, Bohras follow the correct way. Allah has ordained the orbits of celestial bodies and therefore these times can be accurately determined. Quran says so in Surat Ya Sin.

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:12 pm

You seriously believe if that had been the case, you would've fasted for more months huh!! How many bohras pray more than one night knowing that the exact night of laila-tul-qadr is not known???
Its the prophet's job to tell people what is required, and for the followers to do it if they are really followers. Speculating about what some group may or may not do based on what the prophet may or may not have said is pointless.

To answer your question, yes if the prophet had asked people to fast during certain other months, the loyal amongst the followers would have done it, for their own benefit. Some Bohras fast Rajab even though its optional. Some Muslims feel it is good to fast every other day the whole year (fast of Nabi Daud). People do varying degrees of worship depending on, faith, conviction, need, whatever. You don't need a prophet cheating them into doing it, thats a trait of a cult.

Bohras believe what their Dai and books tell them because they believe its ultimately the truth. You believe whatever your scholars and books tell you because you think thats the truth. Theres no difference there, the only difference is that Bohras don't think the prophet cheated his followers into doing extra rituals by hiding the truth. And that to me is one good thing the way Bohras think.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:16 pm

Physically observing the moon is archaic and anachronistic legacy of times when news could not travel fast.

Majority of the people do not physically observe the moon. They rely on notables to tell them when Eid is. Why not use the miracle of modern global telecommunications and let everyone observe the moon on theitr tv screen from somewhere in the world where it first appears at night. That is eminently possible.

But, unfortunately, Muslims want to remain in the dark ages and be proud of it.

And finally, please do not ascribe forgetfulness to Prophet. If he is not clear to you then, you need to learn a bit more. Amongst Muslims, an article of faith insists that Prophet has not left anything unanswered.

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:32 pm

Why don't you go talk to a few people in the bohra clergy and find out about this night. Then go talk to some Sunni Ulemas about this night and then go and talk to some Shia Ulemas about this night and then let us discuss. And then if you find out that it was the 23rd or the 27th because the prophet explicitly said so, then I will eat my words and apologize.
It doesn't matter, everyone has their sources which they hold more important. A Sunni won't necessarily accept Shia hadith as authentic and vice versa. For Bohras as long as their Dai tells them something, its enough. They may all be wrong or not, but it doesn't matter, they will never agree.

What matters is most Muslims do not know the exact date of the most blessed night of the year and they should just admit this, instead of degrading the prophet by claiming he intentionally "forgot" it in order to make his followers pray more or some other stupid speculative argument like that.

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:59 pm

Originally posted by porus:
Physically observing the moon is archaic and anachronistic legacy of times when news could not travel fast.
Interesting piece about the Saudi system:
Most people think that Saudi Arabia always adopt the actual sighting of the crescent as the basis to start Islamic months. But during the previous years, it was very clear to the public as well as to astronomers that most of the Saudi months were wrong if the actual sighting is the basis for starting the Islamic month. Fortunately, JAS received a telegram from The Highest Religious Council "Majlis al-Ifta' al-A'ala" in Saudi Arabia confirming that Saudi Arabia adopts the astronomical calculations and totally ignores the actual sighting.
http://www.jas.org.jo/sau.html

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:48 am

All that you said is pretty good, the fact remains that the night of laila-tul-qadr is not known as a surety.

It may be anyone of the odd nights in the last third of the month and that is a fact.

23rd, 27th is what one sect believes as against another. And the prophet did not cheat his disciples. He did not intentionally forget. He was made to forget by the almighty himself. Now whether he wanted to fool people or not that he himself knows.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:51 am

"What matters is most Muslims do not know the exact date of the most blessed night of the year and they should just admit this, instead of degrading the prophet by claiming he intentionally "forgot" it in order to make his followers pray more or some other stupid speculative argument like that."

That is right, most muslims do not know the exact date of the most blessed night of the year, however they do know that they do not know because the prophet was not able to tell them.

So you claim to know something that the prophet himself did not know. Can you tell me the source of your information??

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:41 am

As far as the moon is concerned, I do not know where that discussion came from but I still follow the bohri calendar and will be celebrating eid on the 5th of December Inshaallah. I do pray laila-tul-qadr on the 23rd night and then I pray 4 rakats of laila-tul-qadr on the other odd nights during the last 3rd of ramadan.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:04 am

porus,

you say ""And finally, please do not ascribe forgetfulness to Prophet. If he is not clear to you then, you need to learn a bit more. Amongst Muslims, an article of faith insists that Prophet has not left anything unanswered. ""

You do not believe one word of what the prophet has said. You call him a liar. And you object when I say what the prophet said, that he was made to forget!! Remember, I am not saying that the prophet forgot, the prophet said that he was made to forget. You are right, the prophet has left nothing unanswered, and we believe that, do you?? so if he did not provide the answer for something, then no one can. So no one can for sure say when the night of laila-tul-qadr falls.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:18 am

Dear Anajmi,

I am more concerned about what people believe than what actually prophet said or not? If I challenge you to produce evidence that Quran is a word of God, all you can come up with is that Prophet said so. That does not make God or Prophet liars. But it certainly does indicate that you, and everyone else who believes that, are not very truthful to yourselves.

Regardless of my beliefs, I am able to engage in a dialog with Muslims on their terms or not whenevr I choose to.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:40 am

Lailatul Qadr and all other nights are all arbitrarily agreed. Months are counted starting from the new moon. Why not from full moon?

Bohras believe that Quran asserts that Imam knows everything. "kul shay ahsaynahu fi imam mubeen". That is in Sura Ya Sin. Anajmi, did you know that the 23rd night being that of Qadr came from Imam?

And what makes you think prophet said he was made to forget. Some hadith? Is hadith a word of God? Why does one believe hadith? Because compiler says so?

MOHD HUSSAIN

Unread post by MOHD HUSSAIN » Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:26 pm

Taken from Akhbar- Mumineen.com- "After namaz, Aqa Moula(TUS) walked to each and every glass door of the Fatemi masjid so that everyone present could gather full barakaat of deedar. Just so that the behind ladies wouldn't remain mehroom, Aqa Moula(TUS) kept gesturing to the ladies standing in front to remain seated and walked by all the glass doors, giving barakaat of deedar to all those seated in the farthest corner." --------ANy comment on this? I thought that the idea of wearing Rida was that bohri women should not be seen by Gair mehrum males-So is there an exception for the Dai to see & greet women like this? It sounds so UNISLAMIC!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:59 pm

porus,

let us say the prophet was not made to forget, then why did the knowledge of the night have to come from the Imam. And do you know what the Imam says about the night? Well, if you don't then go ask him, if you can that is.

Otherwise go read one of my previous posts and you will know how the Imam came to know about the night.

The fact that the prophet was made to forget was told to me not by a hadith but by the dai's kid. Go and ask him. And then that is confirmed by the hadiths.

And please quit playing all sides over here. You say you can have a discussion but all you are doing is fitna.

jinx

Unread post by jinx » Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:51 am

I'm not very sure of this but I thought Laytatul Qadr is the Night when Al-Quran was completely revealed to the Holy Prophet. It can be any night from 21, 23, 25, 27 or 29 but I heard the Majority of the scholars (Shiite) say that it is night of 23rd. Although we pray night prayers on all the odd numbered night of Ramadhan but there is one day that we stay up all night ..that night to bohras is Jagwane-raat.

The reason for different dates is because the unreliable narrators of hadith couldn’t remember the exact night. Our Holy Prophet, Moula Ali, Maulatena Fatima Az Zahra, Imam Hassan and Imam Hussein would stay up on this night in worship.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:45 am

Brothers and sisters in Islam

AS

Bohras say it is 23rd and Sunnis of India say it is 27th. Here is one of Hadiths (of course it is from sunni sources) for you to consider.

Ubada bin Samit (Radhiallaahu Anhu) reports, "Once I enquired from the Holy Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) with regards to Laylatul Qadr. He replied that it is in the odd nights of the last 10 days of Ramadaan. Whoever worships Allah with full conviction and anticipating reward from Him shall have his past sins forgiven". (Musnad Imam Ahmed,Bayhaqi,Mukhtasar Qiyaamul Layl of Muhammad bin Nasr al Marwazi)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Wasalaam and have a good ramadaan

MOHD HUSSAIN

Unread post by MOHD HUSSAIN » Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:31 pm

One of the prayer of the Aqua Moula last friday----------"Aqa Moula TUS wasilah ma farmaave chhe ke "Hame hamara Moula Imam uz Zaman AS per salawaat ane salaam boliye chhe. Moula Aap hamari tamaam ummido ne tamam kariye. Aathso (800) waras thi iltemaas kariye chhe woh (Zuhur) no din shitab batavjo."Does he really mean for the zuhur of the Imam? What will then happen to their evil empire?What a hypocratic prayer?