Where does Dawoodi Bohra community stands among other se

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ponga bhori

Re: Where does Dawoodi Bohra community stands among other se

Unread post by ponga bhori » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:07 pm

the amil there (who has recently got transferred to marol, mumbai) used to allow non-taheris to come on weddings, nikahs, salgirah's etc if they were invited by a member, but they were not allowed to wear our topi. in fact on this matter he did some very embarrassing flip-flops. initially he allowed them if they wore bohri topis. then no bohri topis, any other topis wud do, as he felt it was only our prerogative as taheris to be blessed with the shaan of donning such a blessed topi! they cud wear a suit if they liked, but no taheri topi, even a rumaal wud do.

This incident happened:
I had been called to his residence, just when he had newly arrived Canada. As I was no longer a "Taheri" I had garbaged my TOPI & FANCY DRESS. I went with my shirt tucked in, casual dressed.

The first thing he said: This is a Dai-ul-mukkam (or what ever his residence is called) and you are demanded to wear quomi libaas. To which I had replied :"I am not a "bhori" and do not have a TOPI nor a Libaas, I have garbaged it". And offered to leave since did not meet his house rules. He smiled and said no you are my guest.

We had a useful discussion and all went well. He even invited me to the Masjid. But requested if I would wear the Topi. I accepted that and also invited him to my apartment and added: you will have to wear a suit and pant, my "mukkam" landlord is a "Christain" he has his house rules.(He never came).

We laughed and were good friends.
I did not know about this his ruling.

He was a wonderful person.

babu

Unread post by babu » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Originally posted by ponga bhori:

This incident happened:
As I was no longer a "Taheri" I had garbaged my TOPI & FANCY DRESS. I went with my shirt tucked in, casual dressed.
You are bragging for nothing .

ponga bhori

Unread post by ponga bhori » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:29 pm

omabharti
Very active
Member # 608

posted March 03, 2007 03:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Babu Bhayya
You didnot make any sense by putting 1st MARCH......
NOT THAT YOU EVER MADE ANY SENSE BUT THIS IS GETTING CLASSIC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing has changed with this Baboon

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:10 pm

Hussain_KSA wrote: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:05 am
Originally posted by Fatwa Banker:
KSA,

So Bohris and Shias can build a mosque in Makkah if they wish ?
Why they need to make their own mosque? Are they not muslims? Non muslims are not allowed in premises of Makkah and Madina.Shia don't have any problem in praying in haram. They are praying too. You may watch them praying in haram which is being live telecast on number of channels. Bohras are busy in Jaman or listening to live telecast of their master in Rubaat that time. Once I ask to one of "Shezada" that why bohras do not pray after the Imam of Haram? There had been no problem if Imam of Haram had taken the permission (Raza) from Syedna. :D :D :D
🤣🤣🤣 Shk Sudais taking Surti baniya raza