Wahhabis punish girl for getting raped

Given modern distractions, the need to understand Islam better has never been more urgent. Through this forum we can share ideas and hopefully promote the true spirit of Islam which calls for peace, justice, tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity.

anajmi

Re: Wahhabis punish girl for getting raped

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:14 pm

Actually, the girl wasn't punished for getting raped. The girl was punished for "violating laws on segregation of the sexes - she was in an unrelated man's car at the time of the attack."

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:16 am

MF,

The article you posted Remedying Islamophobia dealt with the effect of the problem, not the cause. Furthermore, it assumed and started with a false premise that the everlasting appeal of Islam is in evidence when, attracted by its elegant message along with interplay of faith with reason, thousands worldwide, in preference to any other faith

There is no evidence of such activity.

Do you really want to remedy Islamophobia ? Fight against your own who are desensitized to rape and justify it with The girl was punished for "violating laws on segregation of the sexes - she was in an unrelated man's car at the time of the attack."

With his mindset, would you let your own daughter ride in the same car as Anajmi even if they were related ? Anajmi is living here amongst us in the US which leads me to believe that we are not Islamophobic enough. Would you care to comment without posting an article not written by you ?

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:57 am

Average Bohra,

You have ver succinctly expressed the sentiments of the vast majority on this board. Anajmi and his ilk are the parasites the West uses as a yardstick to assess Islam and its adherents

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:25 pm

Actually, I was just pointing out the lie in the title of this topic. Sure we can debate on whether she should've been punished or not. But first we should acknowledge the truth and not try to spin it. We can also debate how the Iraqis are being punished on an unimaginably larger scale so that they can be free and democratic.

The Ismaili idiot doesn't know any better.

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:34 pm

The Ismaili idiot doesn't know any better
Wah anajana - cannot even put my post in context and aqlamand ka dawa karta he. Twisted logic that is the hallmark of the sar zamin par twice a day brigade!

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:45 pm

I am looking for a Wahhabi interpretation of Quran mandating 'segragation of sexes' as Shariat Law.

Where does Quran forbid a woman not to ride in a 'vehicle' with other men?

Why, my wife traveled Saudi Arabian Airline unaccompanied by me with strange men. About time Wahhabis punishh their national carrier!

:eek:

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:50 pm

Actually, they would rather punish my wife! Shame on her for travelling in a 'vehicle' which also carried other men!

Ladies, cancel your Saudi Airline Tickets, now!

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:53 pm

You non-Wahabis really cannot use intellect and reasoning can you? There were other ladies travelling with strangers in the same vehicle. That is alright you see - if a girl wants a bit of fun in the back of the car she just has to ask her girlfriend to sit in the front seat and it is all kosher - oops I should say halal.

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:59 pm

Where are you Turbo - surely you have asked your leader for his interpretation of this? Can you tell an average moron - I really don't want to look for invisible needle in the haystack. You like my very intelligent metaphors no? yes my mullah beat these into me.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:08 pm

C'mon guys. Let us have an honest debate. That is, if you are capable. Saying that the girl was punished because she was raped is like saying that "they hate us because of our freedoms". Saying these thing makes honest debate impossible as morality demands that I oppose the punishment of a victim simply because he or she was a victim. Now to debate about whether the law of segregation of sexes is applied correctly or not, becomes impossible. Average Morons and Kafirs do these things these days to quash any honest debate. The Saudi and American governments work exactly in this manner to make questioning their actions impossible. If you do you are labelled a traitor.

Is travelling in a taxi or a car with an unknown man the same as travelling with unknown men in a plane? This is how Average Morons and kafirs spin the truth like a top to obscure it.

In America, it is ok for your daughters to have consentual sex with a dozen men on prom night. Is that the kind of mentality that you would want your daughter to travel with in a cab?

Ismaili idiots don't know any better.

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Is it possible for a girl to be raped by a man without her being in any way near him?

Girl: This man raped me.

Wahhabi Judge: Do you know this ma?

Girl: No, he is a stranger.

Wahhabi Judge: Eighty lashes for you for being near a strange man. I will deal with the man later. Next case.

Later:

Wahhabi Judge: So you went to the newspapers to complain about the punishment.

Girl: Yes, I wanted to expose unfairness of the legal system.

Wahhabi Judge: You violated the law banning you from being near strange men, and I do not care how you got to be near him. Eighty additional lashes for you for trying to use the law forbidding freedom to express your views publicly and by going to the media. Next

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:49 pm

Originally posted by anajmi:

Is travelling in a taxi or a car with an unknown man the same as travelling with unknown men in a plane? This is how Average Morons and kafirs spin the truth like a top to obscure it.
There is a prayer that Prophet used when starting his journey using any means (horse, camel etc). The prayer starts with these words: "Allahumma sakhkhara lana hadhihi ad-dabaa......"

I have heard this prayer while flying Saudi Arabian Airlines. They play it while the plane is taxi-ing. I have heard the same prayer recited by elders, including my uncle, while travelling in a car in Jeddah.

It appears Prophet would see no distinction between travelling in a car or an aeroplane, whether they are small or big.

In many cities in the USA, there is a tradition of sharing taxis from the airport to town with strangers. Women are unlikely to be punished for using this facility.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:32 pm

porus,

Good, now we are getting somewhere. So the conclusion is that the Saudi law of segregation of sexes leaves a lot of questions unanswered and needs to be overhauled completely and I agree with it.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:33 pm

In order to clarify, I am not agreeing with the law but the fact that it needs to be overhauled completely.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:44 pm

One other point I would like to make is that I have heard of dozens of cases of girls getting gang raped while travelling in cars or taxis pretty much everywhere on earth, but have never heard of a girl getting gang raped on a plane. Has anyone else?

So I think the laws need to take into account the different modes of transport. Now the argument, that the prophet recommends the same kind of dua for all modes of transportation and hence similar laws should apply is 7th century thinking that is suitable for the wahhabis, and not modern free thinking kafirs.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:20 am

So I think the laws need to take into account the different modes of transport.
:D

Yes, it is wahhabi logic, par excellence!

80 lashes for getting raped in a car, 120 lashes for being raped on an aeroplane, 160 lashes for getting raped on a train. And a very lenient punishment for getting raped while riding a camel! I mean, she deseves that for quite aperformance! :D

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:26 am

This my friends is the Norm in this twisted country. It has happened before and it will happen again all in the name of ISLAM!!

Saudi Arabia - Rape Case Roils Saudi Legal System
November 21, 2006 —
Article

Rape Case Calls Saudi Legal System Into Question After Victim Punished by Judge
By DONNA ABU-NASR Associated Press Writer
The Associated Press

AL-AWWAMIYA, Saudi Arabia - When the teenager went to the police a few months ago to report she was gang-raped by seven men, she never imagined the judge would punish her and that she would be sentenced to more lashes than one of her alleged rapists received.

The story of the Girl of Qatif, as the alleged rape victim has been called by the media here, has triggered a rare debate about Saudi Arabia’s legal system, in which judges have wide discretion in punishing a criminal, rules of evidence are shaky and sometimes no defense lawyers are present.

The result, critics say, are sentences left to the whim of judges. These include one in which a group of men got heavier sentences for harassing women than the men in the Girl of Qatif rape case or three men who were convicted of raping a boy. In another, a woman was ordered to divorce her husband against her will based on a demand by her relatives.

In the case of the Girl of Qatif, she was sentenced to 90 lashes for being alone in a car with a man to whom she was not married a crime in this strictly segregated country at the time that she was allegedly attacked and raped by a group of other men.

In the sleepy, Shiite village of al-Awwamiya on the outskirts of the eastern city of Qatif, the 19-year-old is struggling to forget the spring night that changed her life. An Associated Press reporter met her in a face-to-face interview. She spoke on condition of anonymity to protect her privacy; the AP does not identify rape victims unless they ask to be named.

Her hands tremble, her dark brown eyes are lifeless. Her sleep is interrupted by a replay of the events, which she describes in a barely audible whisper.

That night, she said, she had left home to retrieve her picture from a male high school student she used to know. She had just been married but had not moved in with her husband and did not want her picture to remain with the student.

While the woman was in the car with the student, she said, two men intercepted them, got into the vehicle and drove the couple to a secluded area where the two were separated. She said she was raped by seven men, three of whom also allegedly raped her friend.

In a trial that ended in November in which the prosecutor asked for the death penalty for the seven men four of the men received between one and five years in prison plus 80 to 1,000 lashes, said the woman. Three others are awaiting sentencing. Neither the defendants nor the plaintiffs retained lawyers, as is common here.

“The big shock came when the judge sentenced me and the man to 90 lashes each,” said the woman. The sentence was handed down as part of the rape trial. Lashes are usually spread over several days, dealt around 50 at a time.

The sentences have yet to be carried out, but the punishments ordered have caused an uproar.

“Because I could make no sense (of the sentence) and became in dire need of patience, I muttered after I read the verdict against the Girl of Qatif: ‘My heart is with you,’” wrote Fatima al-Faqeeh in a column in Al-Watan newspaper.

Justice in Saudi Arabia is administered by a system of religious courts according to the kingdom’s strict interpretation of Islamic Sharia law. Judges appointed by the king on the recommendation of the Supreme Judicial Council have complete discretion to set sentences, except in cases where Sharia outlines a punishment, such as capital crimes.

That means no two judges would likely hand down the same verdict for similar crimes. A rapist, for instance, could receive anywhere from a light or no sentence to death, depending on the judge.

Saudis are urging the Justice Ministry to clarify the logic behind some rulings. In one recent case, three men convicted of raping a 12-year-old boy received sentences of between one and two years in prison and 300 lashes each. In contrast, another judge sentenced at least four men to between six and 12 years imprisonment for fondling women in a tunnel in Riyadh.

Saleh al-Shehy, a columnist for Al-Watan, asked Justice Minister Abdullah Al-Sheik to explain why the boy’s rapists got a lighter sentence than the men in last year’s sexual harassment case.

“I won’t ask you my brother, the minister, if you find the ruling satisfactory or not,” wrote al-Shehy. “I will ask you, ‘Do you think it satisfies God?”

“Please explain to us how one judge ruled and how the other ruled? What evidence did the one rely on and what proof did the other use?” he added.

The broad discretion judges enjoy have been a disaster for Fatima, another Saudi woman. She suddenly found herself divorced from her husband, Mansour al-Timani, after her half-brothers went to a judge and told him their sister had married beneath her.

Fatima, whose full name has not been given in media reports, had been married for over three years and was pregnant with her second child when the judge declared the marriage void in July 2005.

Today, Fatima sits in jail with her 11-month-old son her 4-year-old daughter was recently freed rather than return to the custody of her family as the judge decreed.

The problems over sentencing are exacerbated by loose trial rules, in which physical evidence sometimes is not presented.

The Girl of Qatif said her trial had two sessions. The three trial judges asked for her statement, then heard the statement from the seven defendants in the first court session, according to the woman. In the second, about a month later, the judges pronounced their verdict. It was not known if there were other sessions she did not attend.

Judges in the case referred The Associated Press to the Justice Ministry when asked about the sentencing. The ministry, in a statement Tuesday, said rape could not be proved. There were no witnesses and the men had recanted confessions they made during interrogation, the statement said. It said the verdict cannot be appealed.

Sharia allows defendants to deny signed confessions, according to Abdul-Aziz al-Gassem, a lawyer who was not involved in the case. They still get punished if convicted, but the verdict is lighter.

“The lack of transparency in the investigation, the trial and the sentencing, plus the difficulties that journalists have to get access lead to deep a darkness where everything is possible,” said al-Gassem.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:45 am

porus,

You seem to be displaying Ismaili reasoning and intellect. ;)

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:03 am

You seem to be displaying Ismaili reasoning and intellect.
In other words - I cannot win so I will give up pretending to want a genuine debate and revert to using the 3 phrases that have been drummed into me.

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:31 am

Anajana - I am not an Aga Khani nor a Bohri (Prog or Trad). I read in one of the posts that you are born of Bohri parents so one can assume that at least in your youth your intellect was given freedom to flourish before the wahabi indoctrination curtailed any further development. I have noticed that you do try to engage in sensible discussions before lapsing into your tirades against Ismailies, Based on this observation I trust you will understand what I am now going to state - Turbo, average bohra, porus et al abhor what you stand for -wahabism has no place in any God-fearing civilisation and God-fearing is what the majority of us here are; albeit we have different perceptions of God. Why don't you recognise you (as represented by posts) are a pest on this site? You and your kindred should move to one of the many polluted islam sites that you do not already deposit your filth on.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:13 pm

I have noticed that you do try to engage in sensible discussions
Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for you. All the people you mention and you and other idiots like turbonut are a bunch of morons who don't have jack shit against me. All they can do, whenever I engage them in a debate is to curse wahhabis. Sensible discussion, you say?

I too abhor what porus and average moron represent, which is disbelief and kufr. Turbonut isn't smart enough to represent anything, he just found out that the Imam he wanted to represent is a fraud. Besides, I don't represent wahhabism. I know it is difficult for you to digest that because as soon as you get rid of the straw man that you have created you have nothing to argue against. Take a look at porus' replies and you will understand. Now, if you are sensible enough to move past cursing wahhabism, we can have a sensible discussion, otherwise I will deal with you like a wahhabi would.

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:38 am

I have noticed that you do try to engage in sensible discussions
Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for you. All the people you mention and you and other idiots like turbonut are a bunch of morons who don't have jack shit against me. All they can do, whenever I engage them in a debate is to curse wahhabis. Sensible discussion, you say?

I too abhor what porus and average moron represent, which is disbelief and kufr. Turbonut isn't smart enough to represent anything, he just found out that the Imam he wanted to represent is a fraud. Besides, I don't represent wahhabism. I know it is difficult for you to digest that because as soon as you get rid of the straw man that you have created you have nothing to argue against. Take a look at porus' replies and you will understand. Now, if you are sensible enough to move past cursing wahhabism, we can have a sensible discussion, otherwise I will deal with you like a wahhabi would.
Idiots like Anusmi are the ones craving the last word. Every other opinion is like a thorn in their "buttcracks". He goes into the "sulk" mode, and then goes into some idiotic trance like some Wahabbi clown of a "Mule-ah". Then he goes off the tangent blabbering Allah knows what, then he becomes a Wahhabi, then denies it, then becomes a moderate wishing to do away with harsh fatwas,then........and again.....BLAH BLAH just like his spiritual Thug. Omabharti said it best......."you're a flip-flopper"........He can call my Imam a fraud all he wants, the truth is out there. His spiritual guide is a pedophile thug, Mine has respect in the world, so where does the realisation that my Imam has been discovered to be a fraud come about, GOD knows.
I think Anusmi should stick to cracking nuts with his buttcrack with whats-his-face, leave sane discussions to his tag team partner MF....GOD help us!!...........LOL!!

Turbonut :D

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:13 am

turbonut,

As it is you are a waste of disk space, since everyone of your last 105 posts has been pretty much the same, do not compound the problem by repeating entire posts.

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:55 am

turbonut,

As it is you are a waste of disk space, since everyone of your last 105 posts has been pretty much the same, do not compound the problem by repeating entire posts.
Thats your own sick opinion which i dont care about anyway. So why dont you ask other members what they think about your 5000 posts? Its been pretty monotonous barking Bohra this, Kothar that, Shia This, Ismaili that. A typical loser you are, spend half the day doing GOD knows what, and half day burning your *** with other people's faiths.5000 times..Now THATS waste of disk space.

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:00 am

Anajmi and MF....this is for you two tag team partners....

[18:103] Say, "Shall I tell you who the worst losers are?

[18:104] "They are the ones whose works in this life are totally astray, but they think that they are doing good."

Have a crappy day doing whatever best you do.....LOL!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:28 am

turbonut :D

You might want to post the Hazar Imam's interpretation of those ayahs, if you can find one.. .. LALOL

anajmi :D

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:07 am

turbonut :D

You might want to post the Hazar Imam's interpretation of those ayahs, if you can find one.. .. LALOL

anajmi :D
He doesnt have to.......YOU idiots do quite a remarkable job of it every day......for example..

11/02/2007 14:30
PAKISTAN
An 18-year-old Christian woman raped and forced to convert to Islam
by Qaiser Felix
A young Christian woman from Faisalabad is abducted by a Muslim man after visiting an aunt. She was held for ten days and forcibly converted to Islam. Despite a complaint from the victim’s father, the police have not yet taken any steps fearing the religious repercussions they may have.

Faisalabad (AsiaNews) – A young Christian woman was kidnapped, raped and forced to convert to Islam by a Muslim man in Faisalabad, Khalil Tahir, chairman of “Adal Trust,” a free legal aid organisation that helps minorities, told AsiaNews.

According to early reports, 18-year-old Razia went to visit her aunt on October 21 but never came home. Her parents went out looking for her but to no avail. They also contacted a Muslim man, Sajid, who had harassed her in the past, but he denied any knowledge of her whereabouts.

Razia did eventually make it home on October 31 in a state of shock. She told her parents that Sajid had abducted her, repeatedly raped her and forced her to convert to Islam. She is currently under medical care.

“The girl’s father went to the police to file a complaint on the evening of Razia’s return, but they were reluctant to register the case fearing that it might get out of proportion because of its religious element,” Khalil Tahir told AsiaNews.

For the time being “that man is free,” he said. “He can do whatever he wants,” he added, “but as a lawyer I’ll do everything in my power to help the family get justice in a Pakistani court.”

Nobigotry

Unread post by Nobigotry » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:16 am

There we go again - a serious debate here is a forlorn hope. Anajmi exactly which bits of the ayahs - BTW the plural of ayah is ayat and not anglicised ayahs - did you seek an exegis or explanation for? Give the Ismailis some credit; I am sure even a toddler in their jamat will have little difficulty understanding and actioning them.

Turbo - I once read somewhere that the number of abids neither add to nor detract from Allah His Majesty. If I am reading you correctly you are saying something similar but in a language that Anajmi can understand.

turbocanuck

Unread post by turbocanuck » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:39 am

Originally posted by Nobigotry:
There we go again - a serious debate here is a forlorn hope. Anajmi exactly which bits of the ayahs - BTW the plural of ayah is ayat and not anglicised ayahs - did you seek an exegis or explanation for? Give the Ismailis some credit; I am sure even a toddler in their jamat will have little difficulty understanding and actioning them.

Turbo - I once read somewhere that the number of abids neither add to nor detract from Allah His Majesty. If I am reading you correctly you are saying something similar but in a language that Anajmi can understand.
Nobigotry, please avoid using words like "exegis" and so forth. Idiots like Anajmi dont understand intellect. Their thugs teach them english is perverse. So even Pakistan ex-Captain was repeatedly requested not to open his mouth to speak English, as he " murdered" the language.
He should only be spoken to in the language in which he is so accustomed to. Having read some of Anajmis 5000 postings, he thought he could bully members around, little did he know there was Turbonut to make him more miserable than his sorry life is already... :D