Birthday Madness

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
alsojinxed

Birthday Madness

Unread post by alsojinxed » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:49 am

Baa'd Salaams Jameel

Event: Huzurealla's (T.U.S.) Birthday (Gregorian Calendar )
Date : Monday 6 March 2006 (6 Safar 1427H)
Time : Magrib
Venue: Markaz

To celebrate Huzurealla's (T.U.S) Birthday, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar, Majlis will be held at Markaz, immediately after Maghrib/Isha Imaamat Namaaz.

On behalf of Huzurealla (TUS), all moomenin, moomenaat, their farzando and mehmano are cordially invited for salwaat jaman immediately after majlis.

Anjumane Burhani
Hong Kong

Muslim First

Re: Birthday Madness

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:30 pm

Birthday Bidaa

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

A bida or innovation is something which is invented, innovated, and added to the deen of Islam after the deen was completed on Prophet Mohamed (saws). It especially concerns the rites and rituals of worship, or any deed which was not performed or endorsed by the Messenger of Allah (saws), but was added as a part of the deen after his (saws’s) death. It also concerns any innovated deed which one does and believes that by doing this innovated deed, he is eligible to earn more reward from Allah Subhanah.

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 33 Surah Ahzab verse 21:

There is indeed the best example for you to follow in the Messenger of Allah, for every such person looks forward to Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah much.

Dear and Beloved brother in Islam, it is the solemn belief of every true believer who sincerely fears Allah and the Last Day, that there was, is, or never will be anyone in the annuls of creation who worshipped Allah Subhanah more or better than the Noble Last and Final Messenger of Allah, Mohamed ar-Rasool Allah (saws)!

Thus if anyone dares to comes up with any act of worship like celebration, commemoration, or prescribes importance to any prayer, or fast, or night or day, or invents, innovates, or adds anything in the deen of Islam which is not endorsed by the Noble Prophet (saws), then it implies one of three things:

1. that the person who claims that worship is due on this specific night in this specific way loves and worships Allah more than the Noble Prophet (saws)!!!
2. or, that the person knows more than the Noble Prophet (saws)!!!
3. or, that the person has received revelations from Allah Subhanah after the death of the Prophet Mohamed (saws)!!!

Allah is our witness brother, if anyone in the annuls of creation ever claims to have any of the above three qualities is nothing more than a confirmed and manifest liar!; for Allah is our witness, no man in the annuls of creation loved or worshipped their Lord more than Prophet Mohamed (saws), no man in the annuls of creation had more knowledge of the Truth than the Noble Prophet Mohamed (saws), and Allah is our witness, the Last and Final Revelations of The Lord Most Majestic were revealed on Prophet Mohamed (saws), and there is none who will or can receive revelations after him (saws)!

If one brings, invents, adds or innovates any act or deed in religion which has not been specifically endorsed by Allah and His Messenger (saws), then it has to be a ‘bida’ (innovation in the religion after the deen was completed on Prophet Mohamed (saws)), and Allah is our witness, every innovation in the deen of Islam is an error in the Sight of Allah Subhanah!

Sahih Muslim Hadith 1885 Narrated by Jabir ibn Abdullah

That the Prophet of Allah (saws) said in a sermon: “The best speech is that which is embodied in the Book of Allah, the Al Quran; and the best guidance is the guidance given by me, Mohamed (saws). The most evil affairs are the innovations (bida), and every innovation (bida) is an error.â€

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:44 pm

"And only one thing is left out!

Those who engage in these acts are no longer
Muslims and therefore must all be killed. This is also our Muslim tradition. Ask any Wahhabi, Bin Laden or Al-Zwahiri, the truest followers of the Prophet. And these are the illustrious men of Islam we follow."

Crap, brother Muslim First. If I am not to assume that you are a rabid Wahhabi, I suggest you forget Islamhelponline and offer your own views on this forum.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:40 pm

porus,

I am not sure if the quoted text is your own or if you have copied it from somewhere. If it is your own, then it is just that..your own.

People like you insist that muslims follow morons like bin-laden and Zwahiri, and I am sure you are smart enough to know why people like you insist on that.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:19 pm

And when you refer to these killings, I am sure in part, you are referring to what is going on in Iraq, however according to this neocon, there is nothing going on in Iraq.

DUDE, WHERE'S MY CIVIL WAR?

"Instead of a civil war, something very different happened because of the bombing of the Golden Mosque in Samarra. The fanatic attempt to stir up Sunni-vs.-Shia strife, and the subsequent spate of violent attacks, caused popular support for the U.S. presence to spike upward.

Think Abu Musab al-Zarqawi intended that? "

So obviously, muslims are not following bin-laden and Zwahiri. Now that spells like doom for people who survive on perpetrating the notion that all muslims are terrorists.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:31 pm

anajmi & Muslim First,

Is there any truth in the story that Islam specifies death penalty for apostacy?

If so, is that based on Quran or Hadith?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:58 pm

porus,

Of course Islam specifies the death penalty for apostacy. But it is similar to Texas specifying the death penalty for murder.

However, even if I were to kill a murderer, I still would be considered a murderer. I do not have the authority to punish a criminal. And neither does Muslim First or Bin Laden or Zwahiri, a fact that non-faith based folks fail to (on purpose) to understand, in their zeal to pronounce Islam as the culprit and muslims as terrorists.

Bring your attention to the recent court rulings in South Dakota where abortion has been banned under all circumstances. Most progressives do not agree with it, but that is the law!!

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:27 pm

anajmi,

Thank you for confirming that Islam specifies death penalty for apostacy. It would help if you can quote Quran or a hadith in which Prophet has instructed that an apostate be put to death.

Who, in your version of Islam, has the authority to pronounce someone an apostate? It is clear from reading Islamheplline.com that that website promulgates a notion that all except Wahhabis (I am certain that they are Wahhabis) are apostates. Some, like the Shia, are more apostate. And their followers in Pakistan, the most barbaric Wahhabi manifestation, would kill Shia, Ahmadiyas, Ismailies etc. Which leader are they following?

al-Zwahiri and bin Laden claim that it is permissible to kill all "innocent" Muslims even in Egypt because they believe that their co-religionists are apostates.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:47 pm

porus,

Here is one hadith.

Volume 9, Book 83, Number 17:
Narrated 'Abdullah:

Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

A lot of ayahs of the quran talk about it and specify the punishment for them as hell fire. However no command is given to kill them. If you have seen any ayah, please let me know.

Even I have the authority to pronounce someone an apostate. I pronounce you as an apostate. But I do not have the authority to punish you in any way. People who kill shias, Ismailis, Ahmadiyas and all others are murderers and should be punished. Unfortunately, other people like the Americans need these people to carry on their own crimes against muslims.

There is a hadith in which it is stated that during one of the wars, the muslims were following the kafirs and when they caught up with one of them, he pronounced the Islamic shahadah which meant that he had accepted Islam. The muslims still killed him. The event was narrated to the prophet and he was told that he pronounced the shahadah just because he wanted to save himself and the prophet was very angry and called the people responsible, murderers. He said it was not their job to figure out what was in his heart, the moment he said the shahadah he should've been spared.

Again what a-Zwahiri and Bin Laden(who by the, way has been dead for 5 years) say is immaterial. Zwahiri and Bin Laden are pawns in a bigger game which unfortunately you and many others like you do not understand.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:04 am

Anajmi,

Your last 2 posts are contradictory.

Post 1: Of course Islam specifies the death penalty for apostacy

Post 2: no command is given to kill them.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:44 am

AM,

Read the hadith clearly. There is no command given to kill them in the quran. I repeat - "There is no command to kill them in the quran". And now if you have read that twice, go back and read the hadith.

Honey, can you kick Average Bohra..... a little harder please.. yep that's it.

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

See we have named our dog Average Bohra and we kick it at occasions such as these. We do have a sense of humour don't we.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:20 am

Dear dog-owning Wahabi,

I re-read your posts, and you are right the contradiction was not in your posts, but you were simply documenting how the Hadith is in contradiction with the Quran and that you were not guilty of Shirkous, Bidaish, innovative behavior that would normally condemn one to hell fire .

My apologies.... please remind me not to wish you a happy birthday.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:43 am

AM

Obviously you need to go back to school cause you still can't read. I also mentioned that nobody has the authority to kill an apostate.

Besides what would be a contradiction? When the hadith said "kill" and the quran said "do not kill". The quran doesn't say that. This is what the quran says.

YUSUFALI: They swear by Allah that they said nothing (evil), but indeed they uttered blasphemy, and they did it after accepting Islam; and they meditated a plot which they were unable to carry out: this revenge of theirs was (their) only return for the bounty with which Allah and His Messenger had enriched them! If they repent, it will be best for them; but if they turn back (to their evil ways), Allah will punish them with a grievous penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: They shall have none on earth to protect or help them.

Am I the only one who has any sense left in him?

Honey, please kick Average Bohra, and make it really hard this time around.
Damn, it was the poor thing's birthday today and it's been getting kicked.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:44 am

YUSUFALI: They swear by Allah that they said nothing (evil), but indeed they uttered blasphemy, and they did it after accepting Islam; and they meditated a plot which they were unable to carry out: this revenge of theirs was (their) only return for the bounty with which Allah and His Messenger had enriched them! If they repent, it will be best for them; but if they turn back (to their evil ways), Allah will punish them with a grievous penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: They shall have none on earth to protect or help them.

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:54 am

Dear Taliban Dog Owner,

Post 1: Of course Islam specifies the death penalty for apostacy

Post 3: There is no command given to kill them in the quran

Post 4: I also mentioned that nobody has the authority to kill an apostate.

now if you have read that twice, go back and read the hadith

Now I am really Confucius :confused:

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:59 am

AM,

Give it up dawg. Islam is not for morons like you. One needs just a little bit more sense than what you have. Besides my dog is in real pain right now. I don't think kicking sense into it is really working.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:34 am

I cannot understand why people like anajmi, muslim first and other has taken upon themselves to guard, interprete, and explain islam in their own way. how, where and when can be some thing blasphamous. aisha and maviah fought againt the fourth khalifa rashid, that was blasphemy against amir ul mumineen, insurgency against the true amir ul mumineen is forbidden and is punished by death. so should these two personalities be held responsible and accordingly dealt with. or hazrat ali should be declared usurper, and not khalifa rahsid. Rasulilah SAW visited the woman and inquired about her well being, who did not throw trash on him. Rasulilah SAW did not take it as blasphemous, and did not order her to be killed. Osama bin laden and zawahiri and mulla umer are murderers and idiots, who brought nothing but misery, pain and noteriety to mulims. It is said that he married the teen aged daughter of mulla omar. then his metality could be guessed easily. all he wants is laden arabia instead of saudi arabia. both are devils, followers of abdul wahab, whom i suppose as traitor of islam. who interpreted islam not accordance with its spirit, but by twisting the teachings of islam to suit his own distraught perception. sauds took advvantage of this interpretation, and are guilty of conspiring with jews and west to destroy the khilafat e usmania. stiill sauds are the usurpers of muslims rights, with all their ill gotten weatlth, they can not be acredited with any noble human causes like opening and buildings schools, hospitals, roads, providing fresh water,etc to poor muslims in any where in the world. all they can claim credit is for extremist madrasas, and infesting young muslim minds with abdul wahab's twisted interpretation of islam, just to prepetaute their hold on holy land and the petro dollars. they have not done anything for palestine cause or kashmir or bosnia or any where , where muslims were in trouble. these usurpers should be tried in international court of justice for hijacking a whole religion for their ulterior motives.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:37 am

accty,

wahabi, wahabi, bin laden, zwahiri, zwahiri, bin laden, laden laden, zwahiri zwahiri.

What can I say. Morons!!

Average Bohra

Unread post by Average Bohra » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:46 am

You are wrong Accountability ! Wrong ! Wrong ! Wrong ! It is all America's fault... Wahabis are simply victims, used, abused, played like a fiddle, screwed like a whore and dumped like a used condom. "Zwahiri and Bin Laden are pawns", outstanding Wahabis.... but pawns, they must not be held.....uhmm, accountable.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:33 am

Honey... Average Bohra is barking a lot. Time to kick the S-H-I-T out of him.

Oh yeah!! That was fun. :D

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:01 am

Even I have the authority to pronounce someone an apostate. I pronounce you as an apostate. But I do not have the authority to punish you in any way.

Anajmi,

Who then, in your opinion, has the authority to kill an apostate today?

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:14 pm

Anajmi, last time we were having discussion, instead of putting forth a logical answer, you declared taht it over, and you ran away. this time you are doing the same thing. you are calling names. you are answering anything. define apostacy, blasphemy. what is it. How does it occur. you admitted that there is no corporal punishment described in quran for this. In hadith, too, there is no mention of blasphemy or apostacy. the hadith you quoted deals with irtidad, not blasphmey. that hadith is only narrated in three of sahai sitta. irtidad happens, when one knowingly embraces islam, by choice and then renounces. 99% of todays muslims are born. so even if they renounce islam, irtidad does not occur. In rasulilah's life time, he was called names, even a magician. Rasulilah SAW did not take it as blasphemy. instead he tried to coach them to the right path. and it did work. his entire life, and his sunnah is based on moderation, and not on extremism. extremism is the product of political expediency, not religous ferver. all the governments who are jailing and killing people in the name of blasphemy are not doing it for political expediency, and not for the love of islam. entire islamic world is governed by dictators, usurpers like sauds, mubarak, musharraf etc. there is not a single vibrant democracy. people are befooled in the name of islam. any of the arab dictator has not held laden responsible for killing thousands of innocent beings, including thousands of muslims in afghanistan, where he was waging jihad for his american masters against afghans. most of his victims were muslim afghans. yet they abbet with everyone to kill their own arab brothers in iraq. they had not had the balls to kick out saddam from arab league after he occupied kuwait. saudis could not defend their motherland, and invited americans mercenaries to defend them. what a shame. not one kuwaiti died defending kuwait. what a shame. these same rulers will created storm in the cup of tea, for cartoons in a far far land, and by non muslim. why should a non muslim abide by muslim laws. what is holy about islam in the eyes of non muslims. muslims had the right to dismantle hindu gods in somnath, and announce proudly, but they are not ready for vice versa. let us be reasonable, and not swayed away by rhetorics. let us face the facts, that we are a part of humanity and not the whole humanity.

tahir

Unread post by tahir » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:02 pm

acc'ty,
I don't know about others but for me it is a pain to go thru such big, condensed chunks of text (your posts) which are without any breaks, space and proper punctuation. Most of the times I do not take the pain inspite of the fact that I value your opinions.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:23 pm

tahir i am sorry, i shall keep that in mind next time. I was just casually writing. Thank you for reminding me.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:43 pm

Accountability made a good point. Most Muslims are born into faith and do not freely choose Islam as their religion. How can a charge of apostasy be applied to one of them who chooses a different direction in his life?

And what happened to the Quranic dictum "lakum deenakum, wa liya deen"?

anajmi follows Sunni extremists by pronouncing apostacy on people whose views he does not agree with. That is a Wahhabi legacy. Muslim First always denounces Bohras claiming they engage in shirk. That is a Wahhabi preaching. Neither really seeks to understand the motives behind the faith of the Shia, Ismailies, Ahmadiyyas and Bohras. Their bigotry makes them feel oh so superior, the true Muslims who know the truth.

So, like bin Laden and al-Zwahiri, they set themselves up as judges of others, a right they would readily admit Allah gives only to himself.

This bigotry leads to a logical myopic conclusion. Those who do not follow Prophet, as they define it, must be termed apostates and it is permissible to kill them. That is the motive of suicide bombers. If they were defending Islam, they are surely going the wrong way about it.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:58 pm

porus,
anajmi follows Sunni extremists by pronouncing apostacy on people whose views he does not agree with. That is a Wahhabi legacy. Muslim First always denounces Bohras claiming they engage in shirk. That is a Wahhabi preaching. Neither really seeks to understand the motives behind the faith of the Shia, Ismailies, Ahmadiyyas and Bohras. Their bigotry makes them feel oh so superior, the true Muslims who know the truth.
Now you are lying. I am a Shia, so please don't tell me that I do not really seek to understand whatever. Besides, every time some freak comes up with a new religion why do you think it is my responsibility to figure out his or her motives?

And there you go again about bin laden and zwahiri. As I have said before there are people like you who have made it their business to perpetrate the notion that bin laden and zwahiri are the representatives of Islam when I have clearly stated my views about them in my previous posts which you obviously choose to ignore.

Besides when I declared you an apostate, I was speaking the truth, you are one aren't you? One who has renounced Islam? I have never ever called a Bohra or an Ismaili or an Ahmadiyya an apostate. But you insist on making that claim.

I have to say, you are turning out to be a bigger hypocrite than previously believed.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm

Muslim,

I have no idea. But the authority to kill an apostate has to lie with the state and not individuals. So the state will enact a law which will declare the penalty of death for apostacy and hence will have the right to carry it out.

According to the beliefs of both Christianity and Islam, Jesus Christ on his second appearance will kill/convert all non-believers, after he has established his kingdom. He will be the ruler and will have the right.

I am not sure if any Islamic state on earth right now has a law which kills apostates.

And as average bohra mentioned in one of his posts, bin laden and zwahiri are simply tools used by people like porus to blame Islam/Muslims for everything.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:05 pm

accty,

As tahir mentioned, it is impossible to go through your post. I normally read just the first and the last line which do not always make sense, so my terse replies to your posts.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:36 pm

accty,

Phew!! I finally went through your entire post. I agree with you 100%.

porus,

As far as charge of apostasy is concerned, I don't know my friend, take it up with the one who made the law when you see him.
And what happened to the Quranic dictum "lakum deenakum, wa liya deen"?
I am following the dictum. I am not going to kill you, I don't care what you believe in or not.

Muslim

Unread post by Muslim » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm

Anajmi,

I am a Shia, so please don't tell me that I do not really seek to understand whatever.

What exactly do you mean by "I am a Shia"? Which of the tenets of Shiism do you actually and presently believe in and follow?