Burhanudin Saab's Palkhi.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ghulam muhammed

Burhanudin Saab's Palkhi.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:59 pm

It is reported that there is a mad rush amongst the abdes to have the "azeem-us-shaan sharaf" of lifting Burhanudin saab's palkhi during this year's Mohurrum vayez and kothar has very quickly decided to encash upon the same. It seems that a few lakhs are charged per person who gets the sharaf of carrying the palkhi for a few seconds as scores of other fools are frantically waiting in queue. Now it is anyones guess as to the amount generated each day and when multiplied by 10 days it would be enough to buy a container load of gold plated Rolls Royce or Bugattis. "Imam Hussain (a.s.) ni azeem shahadat khaali nathi gayi, ema ghani barkat (harkat) chhe".

The palkhi lifting scene reminds one of the film "300" where scores of slaves are shown lifting the palkhi of Xerxes the king.

In earlier days when Burhanudin saab didnt need a palkhi, there was another area where the zaadas made money. Behind his "takht", one could see abdes waving an olympic type torch, the only difference was that the olympic torch had flames at the upper end whereas this torch had furs. Scores of abdes rotated the torch and each one was charged a few lakhs and that too almost 15 years back. So with the rising inflation it is anybodys guess as to the amount charged for this palkhi tamasha.

See the lessons that the abdes are taking from Imam Hussain's unforgettable shahadat, all thanks to their leader.

anajmi

Re: Burhanudin Saab's Palkhi.

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:58 pm

Whenever I see the Dai in his palkhi, it reminds me of this famous bollywood song.

palkhi pe hoke sawaar
chala hai dulha yaar
kamariya pe bandhe talwaar
akadta hai chaila
mili hai aisi laila
ke jodi hai nehle pe dehla

The laila is the bohra community. The Dia is the chaila with the talwaar on his kamariya and you guys can fill in the blanks.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:17 pm

When an animal cow becomes holy people feel proud in drinking her urine. That is blind faith.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:06 am

again a baseless allegation.
maximum people who lift the Palkhi are Syedna's(tus) or his brothers sons and grandsons, few other mumineen who are seen are generally picked from the crowd.

Shk Taher and Shk Husamuddin are two gentelmen who are incharge of the path from where Palkhi will go and they are responsible for handpicking people, i have personally seen people being picked up randomly from the crowd on many occasions. twice my cousins have been selected like this and i very well know they didnt pay any thing.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am

aqs you cousins should buy lottery tickets...out of 1 million bohris or 100's thousand bohri attendees your cousins have been picked twice, you can do the maths is it luck or miracle

I very much doubt the hand picked randomly story...just like zadas randomlyu without charge attends mumineens homes for a cupa !

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:10 pm

ozmujaheed wrote:aqs you cousins should buy lottery tickets...out of 1 million bohris or 100's thousand bohri attendees your cousins have been picked twice, you can do the maths is it luck or miracle

I very much doubt the hand picked randomly story...just like zadas randomlyu without charge attends mumineens homes for a cupa !

ozmujaheed,

the sentence was meant to be a plural, two different cousins on two different occasions.
aqs wrote:twice my cousins have been selected like this

alik

Unread post by alik » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:13 pm

yaaa..its free my foot!!!
in dubai ashara1425..i was in love with the whole maula thing..
in those days they had a lottery contest..pay 786dhs and if ur name is picked up...u get to pick maula either b4 or after vaaz
i did pick him up!!!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:21 pm

aqs wrote:Shk Taher and Shk Husamuddin are two gentelmen who are incharge of the path from where Palkhi will go and they are responsible for handpicking people, i have personally seen people being picked up randomly from the crowd on many occasions. twice my cousins have been selected like this and i very well know they didnt pay any thing.
Bro aqs,

Iam not referring to the daily palkhi savari of Burhanuddin saab, Iam referring to the palkhi lifting fees during this solemn month of Mohurrum. You can cross check with your contacts in qasre ali.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Alik,

786 dhm and lacs is a different thing, between Aqa Moula was till chellum in Dubai in 1426 and i very well remember people being called to pick up the palki in Burhani Masjid after Maghrib Namaaz

Br. GM,

I will take your word on face value as i dont have any contacts in qasre aali to verify the facts.

I stand by the view that generally its free of cost and people are picked up randomly

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 pm

aaj jiski palkhi uthane ke liye abde tadap rahe hai,
kal uska janaza uthane ke liye tayyar honge...

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:11 am

Phokat mein woh bhi nahin uthega
uske deedar ko bhi paisa lagega
janaaze ki namaaz to khud-kushi par bhi hoti hai
mola ke janaaze ko bhi paisa lagega

wah wah wah.