Lets put all the evidence here

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
merchant786

Lets put all the evidence here

Unread post by merchant786 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi,

I would like all of you to put all the evidence ...whether it may be cout cases results,newspaper columns,pictures,interviews,or any orders from any organisation against the evil practices of kothar here.

I am not doing this to prepare a file and lodge a case but its needed for my reference and also for the people who consider nothing is going on in the community and they are right.

Please no abuses ...only the post which contains docs or proofs.

Admin,request you to please ensure no abuses are posted here.I would really expect admin and people like saifuddin insaaf to contribute here.

SBM

Re: Lets put all the evidence here

Unread post by SBM » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:44 am

Link to the new E jamaat card and apprehension in community
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 639583.cms

candela

Unread post by candela » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:45 am

merchant786 wrote:I would like all of you to put all the evidence ...whether it may be cout cases results,newspaper columns,pictures,interviews,or any orders from any organisation against the evil practices of kothar here.
Assalaamu alaikum,

I think there have been propositions in the past that single forum threads were dedicated to the compilation of evidence. I don't like this idea for three reasons: a) the thread generally devolves into a mud-slinging war predominantly between abdes and progressives, b) any thread is bound to be forgotten as new ones come along and take its place, and c) even if the former two problems were taken care of, the posts people make into the thread would present evidence in little logical order... it would all come in order of people's postings and would be probably very disorganized.

Rather I think the admin. should dedicate a separate part of the website to an undertaking like this. One might say that there is already such a section (the "Articles" section) but I think this is at least a bit different. This is less discussion-based and more a simple presentation of evidence for the consideration of all. A separate webpage solves all three of the issues I brought up because a) presumably the admin. would have say on what does and doesn't go on the page, so no mudslinging could really occur (unless the admin. hypothetically wanted it to occur, haha), b) the webpage wouldn't be forgotten like forum threads are, and c) the admin. would be free to give as organized of a presentation as they can on the website.

I think it's a good idea!

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Candela,

We like your idea. We can start a new page/section to house this material in an organized fashion. Volunteers can send us the material (text/docs/images/pdfs/clippings etc.) by email. Our email is reform@dawoodi-bohras.com. thank you.