Why Are Bohra Women's Photographs Smudged ?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:53 pm

Any idea as to why the photographs of bohra women doing 'deedar' of the dai in raudat tahera are deliberately 'Smudged/Blurred' ? This was never done before.

http://www.malumaat.com/adv/akhbar/item/3079.html

seeker110

Re: Why Are Bohra Women's Photographs Smudged ?

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:16 pm

They look horrible in those clothes,the ladies would not wear them if given choice.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:05 am

seeker110 wrote:They look horrible in those clothes,the ladies would not wear them if given choice.
I am sure you prefer the ladies of your house to be half naked all the time.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:24 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:Any idea as to why the photographs of bohra women doing 'deedar' of the dai in raudat tahera are deliberately 'Smudged/Blurred' ? This was never done before.

http://www.malumaat.com/adv/akhbar/item/3079.html

Br. GM,

This is not new and confined to Raudat Tahera alone, women faces are blurred from all the locations.
And any reason their faces should be shown on a website ?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:16 am

Br. Aqs
Any reason they should be on the street and that is at night being pushed and shoved around by unrelated
Male around you>

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:05 pm

What did the ladies wear before rida.Surely they did not go half naked.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:44 am

seeker110 wrote:What did the ladies wear before rida.Surely they did not go half naked.
They used to wear the black burqa. Any unbiased observer would agree that the current rida is much more beautiful, convenient and in keeping with the demands of hijab.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:33 am

omabharti wrote:
Br. Aqs
Any reason they should be on the street and that is at night being pushed and shoved around by unrelated
Male around you
Br. Oma,

They are continously told not to stand on streets leading to Raudat Tahera for the same effect circular is pasted on notice board of Raudat Tahera whenever Syedna(tus) is suppose to come for Ziyarat. These days generally arrangements are made for women to sit in Raudat Tahera Sehan, but due to over crowd few remaining ladies stand outside.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:09 am

Br. Aqs
Here is the annoucement for Syedna's arrival, WHERE DOES IT SAYS WOMEN SHOULD NOT COME TO THESE DEEDARS ON THE STREET
BTW just smudging pictures on the web does not mean anything, it is very hypocritical to smudge the pictures while other anti social elements are taking pictures and pushing, There is a famous saying in Mumbai that if you want to see Babes go to Bohri Mohalla when women come for Ziyarat at Raudat Tahera
It is hard to believe that if Aqa Maula issues a Farman for women not to come they will ignore, if you control women segment of any community you control the entire community which is the case in DB.
BUSHRA: Aqa Maula TUS will arrive in Mumbai tonight 27 Oct 2011
Posted on October 27, 2011 by DBNet Editor (sp)

Mubarak. Huzurala TUS will arrive Mumbai tonight (27-oct-2011) at 8.30pm from Cairo.

Mumineen should take Deedar barakat at 7 centres only. The centres are:
Below Santacruz Bridge
Bandra Reclamation
Worli Sea Link
NSCI Worli
Haji Ali
Cadbury House
Kemp’s Corner.

No one should come to PDP or Saifee Mahal.
Look at Picts 1 thru 7 and you can women outnumber men ( Muminaat Bheno outnumber Mumineen Bhai)

http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/h ... 30-pm-misr

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:07 am

Look Aqs, Oma has a point. In this 21st century dont you think this is a bit outstretched Devta Worship. Syedna saheb has gone through a series of medical problems, for which he had been treated in England and Germany. At this age the biological healing is slow and precarious. He is also inconvinienced by such late travelling.
Our clergy do not seem to have any real love for its follower, otherwise they will not inconvinience them in the night and cold and heat. I think they want to put up a show everytime and everywhere Syedna goes. I dont know who gets satisfaction from this show. A person like you should raise this issue with administration. But I doubt anyone will listen, intoxication of power and wealth is overwhelming.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:18 am

Hard to tell which one is Aunty and which one should be Behan.

Ala maqaam

Unread post by Ala maqaam » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:51 am

seeker110 wrote:Hard to tell which one is Aunty and which one should be Behan.
thats none of your business...

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:22 pm

I just dont want to call your daughter aunty,unless she is antique.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:05 pm

bro gm and bhai oma,

it is definitely not only hypocritical but also deceptive to have sycophantic bohra websites smudging bohra women's faces when these same women are walking around in public openly parading their heavily made-up faces and in wild abandon raiding their arms and screaming like wailing banshees at the sight of mola, not mindful that their figures are seen from the sides when they raise their arms.

women, both old and young are losing restraint over their public behaviour, screaming, pushing and shoving each other with the least sense of decorum. their behaviour akin to stray street cats. where is their dignity and etiquette then? why dont they cover their faces when they are being stared at lustfully by goons and voyeurs, when the she-zaadas are giving them an eyeful and the naqli scouts are pawing them in the name of maintaining discipline? if the kothar is so concerned about bohra women's modesty, why do they allow them to make a shameful public spectacle of themselves and why dont they issue instructions to them to veil their faces?

all this smudging of women's faces after the fact, is nothing but an eyewash and a sorry attempt to hoodwink the kothar's supporters from other islamic communities who have been purchased, bribed, wined, dined and blinded with the kothar's might and money power. whilst they, the kothar and their goons the amils, themselves gaze and feast on the sight of women's uncovered faces and enjoy their junglee behaviour. they wish to show an unsuspecting islamic world how pious and devout muslims we are!

bullshit!!!!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:15 pm

If our topi was long with eye holes we would look like KKK.

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:26 pm

This has nothing to do with women being smudged out of pics, but is in the same vein of stupidity and ignorance:
Recent post on Malumaat:

Pompous Convocation 2011 Saifiyah Girls School – Adam Mohallah, Karachi-Pakistan
3 Zilhajjatil-Haram, 1432 [ 30-10-2011 ] at Karachi - Pakistan

A Certificate Distribution ceremony of Deenyat and SSC Examination, Program held in Saifiyah Girls School in the Presence of Ex Education Minister Professor Ms. Anita Gulamali, Managing Director of Sindh Education Foundation on Tuesday 25th October 2011, Including Qasida Sharifa Recitation, Speeches, Certificate Distribution and Tableau on Qasida

Note the first word. It says it all! LMAO!

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:00 am

accountability wrote:Look Aqs, Oma has a point. In this 21st century dont you think this is a bit outstretched Devta Worship. Syedna saheb has gone through a series of medical problems, for which he had been treated in England and Germany. At this age the biological healing is slow and precarious. He is also inconvinienced by such late travelling.
Our clergy do not seem to have any real love for its follower, otherwise they will not inconvinience them in the night and cold and heat. I think they want to put up a show everytime and everywhere Syedna goes. I dont know who gets satisfaction from this show. A person like you should raise this issue with administration. But I doubt anyone will listen, intoxication of power and wealth is overwhelming.
Agreed.

In last decade people lining up on roads has increased many fold, Kothar if not encouraging is not even putting a stop to it. Their have been instances where people have been injured and killed in stampedes but no one gives a hoot. Its very unnerving to see women running on roads behind the car, some with toddlers toed along. This all should be stopped. Efforts put in to stop ladies queuing outside on roads is not at all enough.

People have equated Deedar with all sorts of Ibadat you will hardly find people offering salaat when waiting for Syedna(tus) to pass. I remember almost 10k people standing outside Raudat Tahera in 100 Milad celebration for Deedar, maghrib passed and very few went to offer salaat in nearby Masjid, I think if some higher up or might be shezada would have come out and told people to go and offer their salaat first many would have obliged but who cares.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:27 pm

aqs wrote:Br. GM,

This is not new and confined to Raudat Tahera alone, women faces are blurred from all the locations.

Bro aqs,

This is definately NEW as nowhere in the past were the ladies photographs smudged. So my question is WHY NOW ? I find Bro.AZ's logic of portraying the holier then thou attitude in the eyes of the gulf countries very convincing.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 pm

mustafanalwalla wrote:

I have been at a lot of deedar's and barring a few women and men, most of the people have always behaved with decorum and dignity.

Infact, on Maula's saalgiraah, when there was a parade on Marine Drive, i had a bet with a friend that people would go bezerk, and very happily, i lost that bet because everyone behaved in a most dignified manner. And i was there to witness it.
Seriously?? You must be the stupids person on earth to bet on something, which you already knew, you were going to lose or you are a lying and deluded about how dawoodi bohras go koko (emotional detachment) when they see their bhagwan (burhanuddin saheb tus)...

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:09 pm

This is not a recent phenomenon. For the past few decades non-Arab Muslims have tried to pacify and conform to the beliefs of Wahabi Arab Muslims and gain their acceptance as "true muslims". So why are their faces blurred ? Because Wahabis and wannabes such as Anajmi and Arif don't like looking at a woman's face, they feel it should be covered.

I tend agree with them, but only if they are double baggers.....

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:21 pm

I am flattered fart. Bohras have finally started learning that which I have been trying to teach them for decades. Don't cover women's faces, instead, smudge their pictures. Brilliant!! :wink:

londonwala

Unread post by londonwala » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:42 am

I agree with most of Al Zulfiqar’s observations, apart from the suggestion that scouts/guards “paw” inappropriately at the women, of which I have seen no evidence.

Yes it is hypocritical of the establishment to smudge over womens faces on websites. Unfortunately many of our women do behave in a very undignified and unislamic manner when trying to view Syedna. Such wild behaviour has been encouraged by the establishment for many years as they try to build up the cult of Syedna.

What about that bohra woman in the USA who is the cheerleader for the dawat there? She is shown on bohra websites accompanying bhai sahebs to high profile US muslim events, standing up in front of audiences to make speeches, etc. Her face is not obscured. She obviously loves being in the limelight and dawat accepts it because they look on her as a link to the US political establishment.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 am

What about that bohra woman in the USA who is the cheerleader for the dawat there? She is shown on bohra websites accompanying bhai sahebs to high profile US muslim events, standing up in front of audiences to make speeches, etc. Her face is not obscured. She obviously loves being in the limelight and dawat accepts it because they look on her as a link to the US political establishment.
Very good observation. Case in point the girl in Rida from Texas in Obama's Iftar program.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Again you guys have made a mountain out of a molehill.
The reason for smudging the photographs is not be politically correct or other over the top reasons you guys have concocted. Its just to avoid the photographs being misused.(due to the recent trend of women's photos being Photoshopped and inserted into inappropriate pics).

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Pro
How about telling Bohra women NOT to come to streets period, You may smudg the pictures but what stops other anti social elements to take the picture and use it on photoshop as you describe
Simple Solution, Bohra women should not be asked to come to Maula's Deedar on the street, What is your opinion on this?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:28 pm

bro oma,

please stop asking for the impossible! how can you propose such outrageous things?

you are asking for bohra women to remain mehroom from public deedar of syedna???? momenaat must see the face of the syedna and he and his zaadas must see their faces also. ema ghano sawab chhe, ye tamne samajh ma nahi aave, aa to taawil nu bayan chhe, ema arso daraaz thai jaase...

su eni niraali shaan chhe!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:20 pm

mustafanalwalla wrote:And when have you ever seen Kothari's, scouts and other volunteers "grope" women, as you so eloquently put it?
I have seen the late Shk Yusufbhai Rampurawala (the dai's right hand man) "groping" women during qadambosi at saifee mahal.
mustafanalwalla wrote:Infact, on Maula's saalgiraah, when there was a parade on Marine Drive, i had a bet with a friend that people would go bezerk, and very happily, i lost that bet because everyone behaved in a most dignified manner. And i was there to witness it.
What you say is true but the reason behind it was the strict instructions given by zaadas to the respective amils, tanzeems to ensure that the abdes dont go berseck lest it should spoil their image in front of non bohras who were witnessing the event. Moreover it was an event that took place outside the bohra stronghold i.e. bhendi bazaar.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:52 pm

so the fanatic abde theory is that bohra women should and must go out in public with their faces exposed and sides (waists and arms) open to viewing when they frantically raise their arms for the fictitious blessings from syedna sai baba, their photos can be freely taken by all and sundry including voyeurs and lustful perverts, but then this immodest and unislamic behaviour can be corrected by smudging their pics only on our sycophantic websites?

so this takes care of all the pictures taken by any tom, dick and abdeali paowala? this must be the most amazing and magical solution ever invented by any intelligent community! I say hats off to the kothar for their ingenuity.

as for the aspect of groping and 'pawing' of our women, i have personally seen this at my own bro-in-law's house a few years ago during syedna sai baba's ziyafat at his house, when all the buildings women were trampling over each other for deedar and 'phook'. in fact some bohra women actually spoke up and angrily remonstrated with the syedna's retinue. this is not the only time, i have experienced this first hand at many such occasions where the event was comparatively small, intimate and where there was huge confusion with surging crowds of bohra women in an emotional frenzy.

at my own uncle's house, one pervert zaada actually asked, "kem kya chhe ghar na bairaon? emne bolawo kadambosi karwa". my father and uncle were shocked at such a demand from a so-called dawat missionary! in any other staunch muslim community, such a rascal would be soundly thrashed and his face smeared in black. but our meek and slavish abdes comply and then complain bitterly after the fact.

Ala maqaam

Unread post by Ala maqaam » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:49 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:so the fanatic abde theory is that bohra women should and must go out in public with their faces exposed and sides (waists and arms) open to viewing when they frantically raise their arms for the fictitious blessings from syedna sai baba, their photos can be freely taken by all and sundry including voyeurs and lustful perverts, but then this immodest and unislamic behaviour can be corrected by smudging their pics only on our sycophantic websites?

so this takes care of all the pictures taken by any tom, dick and abdeali paowala? this must be the most amazing and magical solution ever invented by any intelligent community! I say hats off to the kothar for their ingenuity.

as for the aspect of groping and 'pawing' of our women, i have personally seen this at my own bro-in-law's house a few years ago during syedna sai baba's ziyafat at his house, when all the buildings women were trampling over each other for deedar and 'phook'. in fact some bohra women actually spoke up and angrily remonstrated with the syedna's retinue. this is not the only time, i have experienced this first hand at many such occasions where the event was comparatively small, intimate and where there was huge confusion with surging crowds of bohra women in an emotional frenzy.

at my own uncle's house, one pervert zaada actually asked, "kem kya chhe ghar na bairaon? emne bolawo kadambosi karwa". my father and uncle were shocked at such a demand from a so-called dawat missionary! in any other staunch muslim community, such a rascal would be soundly thrashed and his face smeared in black. but our meek and slavish abdes comply and then complain bitterly after the fact.

yeah correct,so what did u do then?

just stand like a GAY and u called ur bairon to do kadambosi? or u smeared his face with black?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:17 pm

am,

by skirting the haramkhori of the pervert zaada, you tacitly agree that what he demanded was morally repugnant.

instead of addressing that issue which was the main point of my post, you choose to make personal attacks. that shows not just your intellectual poverty but lack of morals as well.

i dont really have to answer the puerile and mischievous questions you raise, but will address them anyways. you want to know what i did? i walked out of the hall and left without partaking of any food, i wished to have no part of such an event where immoral zaadas behave in such an outrageous fashion, whom retards like you worship and kowtow to.

i made a very public display of my extreme displeasure and my mother followed suit. none of my family's ladies appeared in front of these non-mehram zaadas of the so-called royal family.

if i wished i would have openly berated that zaada in front of all the people present, but it not being my house nor my function and out of respect for my host i kept silent. but i would very gladly like to smear your face with black and put you backwards, hands and feet tied, on a donkey for coming here to senselessly defend shirk and kufr of your masters.