Was the Majlis for Milad Un Nabi ?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Right

Was the Majlis for Milad Un Nabi ?

Unread post by Right » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:36 am

Well I am asking this question, as I had attended the Milad Un Nabi's majlis in my area, but there was no bayaan of Rasullah SAW, the bayaan was only of full praise of 52nd Dai and his successor. I got confused whether it is our Nabi's salgirah or Dai's salgirah. Even some CD was shown of succesor, in which bayaan, was going from this to that, but no zikar of the Prophet.

bohri

Re: Was the Majlis for Milad Un Nabi ?

Unread post by bohri » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:13 am

What is so confusing about that?

This is such a typical "soo karsu" bohri reaction. They continue to subject themselves to foolishness, knowing it is foolishness, yet thinking there is no alternative to follow the foolishness!

Simple answer my friend, stop supporting this foolishness! And yes it really is that simple.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:17 am

In one locale, on Milad un-Nabi they did khatm ul-Quran for Bu Sahiba. No Quran for Rasulullah? tch, tch.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:48 am

porus wrote:In one locale, on Milad un-Nabi they did khatm ul-Quran for Bu Sahiba. No Quran for Rasulullah? tch, tch.
It was Rasullah's Milad, not urus. Quran is recited on night of Urus.

Udaipuri

Unread post by Udaipuri » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:59 am

Abde bohras have been disabused of "Rasulullah". Ask them about Rasulullah and they will say "who?" So, don't be surprised, this is all very normal.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Right wrote:Well I am asking this question, as I had attended the Milad Un Nabi's majlis in my area, but there was no bayaan of Rasullah SAW, the bayaan was only of full praise of 52nd Dai and his successor. I got confused whether it is our Nabi's salgirah or Dai's salgirah. Even some CD was shown of succesor, in which bayaan, was going from this to that, but no zikar of the Prophet.
The bayan was recorded not on Milad un Nabi but before that, hence no bayan of rasullah. You must have heard Aali Qadr's bayan on Milad un Nabi. It was all about Rasulallah

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Well I am asking this question, as I had attended the Milad Un Nabi's majlis in my area, but there was no bayaan of Rasullah SAW, the bayaan was only of full praise of 52nd Dai and his successor. I got confused whether it is our Nabi's salgirah or Dai's salgirah. Even some CD was shown of succesor, in which bayaan, was going from this to that, but no zikar of the Prophet.

Thank you for pointing that out Profastian.
What RIGHT heard on Milad un Nabi was the recording of the Previous Majlis of Imam Hasan AS Shahadat Waaz.
However, the Milad un Nabi recording was shown worldwide a few days ago. If you were present, you would have heard the entire Waaz was on Rasulullah from birth and it was focussed on the Hijrat.

Next time, think before you start accusing. Don't let your hate come in the way of sensible thinking.

Dawood

Unread post by Dawood » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:39 am

porus wrote:In one locale, on Milad un-Nabi they did khatm ul-Quran for Bu Sahiba. No Quran for Rasulullah? tch, tch.
Mr. Porus.. tch tch.. if u dont know d difference between milad and urus.. then how can u even think of commenting abt the mistakes of the Aamils.
Right wrote:Well I am asking this question, as I had attended the Milad Un Nabi's majlis in my area, but there was no bayaan of Rasullah SAW, the bayaan was only of full praise of 52nd Dai and his successor. I got confused whether it is our Nabi's salgirah or Dai's salgirah. Even some CD was shown of succesor, in which bayaan, was going from this to that, but no zikar of the Prophet.
Mr Right.. i dont know where u heard d waaz so no comments.. Local AAmils do make mistakes sometimes.. but its all about being together.. and doing Zikre-Hussain and His Dai al Mutlaq.. so nothing wrong in it if he has did bayaan of Aqa Moula.

If you raise question about the Bayaan which AAli Qadr Moula did.. it was all about Rasulallah SAW.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Was the grandeur and fanfare during Milad-un-Nabi even 5% of what we see during the annual urus celebrations of the 51st dai and 100th salgirah celebrations of the present dai ? Do we see any celebrations on Mola Ali's Milad, how many abdes are even aware of the date of Mola Ali (a.s.) Milad, the one whom they claim to revere utmost ?

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:46 pm

@ghulam muhammed
Grandeur or not (that's debatable), we celebrate it officially and is an auspicious day.

Before pointing the finger, look at yourself first.
What do YOU do for these events? Whom do you celebrate it with? The Wahabis? (They don't celebrate it and don't allow it)
You claim to be of Shia belief (still a bit confused on that), so how did you celebrate it?

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Adam wrote:@ghulam muhammed
Grandeur or not (that's debatable), we celebrate it officially and is an auspicious day.
Thats not an honest answer, it is a cop out.
Adam wrote:Before pointing the finger, look at yourself first.
What do YOU do for these events? Whom do you celebrate it with? The Wahabis? (They don't celebrate it and don't allow it)
You claim to be of Shia belief (still a bit confused on that), so how did you celebrate it?
What I do and how I celebrate is of least importance to the world. What is important is that how does a so called religious and spiritual leader who shouts from the rooftops claiming to be the leader of the ONLY true sect and claiming to have sole copyrights of Prophet (s.a.w.) and Panjatan pak (a.s.) celebrates this auspicious events as compared to the unneccessary hooplah on his father's urus and his own salgirah. The undue importance that he gives to his father's urus and his salgirah is a clear sign of a cultish mentality and not the sign of a universal religion wherein the founder and his torchbearers are given utmost importance rather then the ones who make money in their name and run the religion as a business venture. In a 'Cult', it is always the cult leader who wants to hog the limelight and sidetrack any and everyone.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:49 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:
Adam wrote:@ghulam muhammed
Thats not an honest answer, it is a cop out.
Adam wrote:Before pointing the finger, look at yourself first.
What I do and how I celebrate is of least importance to the world.
The way Bohras celebrate Milad un Nabi is also of the least importance to the world at large. What does the world care how we celebrate it. as according to you guys, we are only 0.1% of all Muslims

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:32 pm

profastian wrote:The way Bohras celebrate Milad un Nabi is also of the least importance to the world at large.
It is very important for the muslim ummah at large, dont we object to the wahabi fatwas which prohibits these celebrations ? If it was not such an important issue then muslims at large would have ignored those fatwas rather then criticize them and stage public protests. The way it is celebrated also shows the importance given to Prophet (s.a.w.) as compared to what is given to the 51st and 52nd dai's celebrations. It explicitly shows the iman and love that bohras have for Prophet (s.a.w.) as compared to their dais. This small celebrations by abdes is only to show to the world that they are still muslims and that they revere Prophet (s.a.w.) just like other muslims. It is only an eyewash.
profastian wrote:according to you guys, we are only 0.1% of all Muslims
It is not WE who claim that abdes are less then 0.1% of muslim population, it is the world statistics and those statistics are not prepared by us.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:13 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
profastian wrote:The way Bohras celebrate Milad un Nabi is also of the least importance to the world at large.
It is very important for the muslim ummah at large, dont we object to the wahabi fatwas which prohibits these celebrations ? If it was not such an important issue then muslims at large would have ignored those fatwas rather then criticize them and stage public protests. The way it is celebrated also shows the importance given to Prophet (s.a.w.) as compared to what is given to the 51st and 52nd dai's celebrations. It explicitly shows the iman and love that bohras have for Prophet (s.a.w.) as compared to their dais. This small celebrations by abdes is only to show to the world that they are still muslims and that they revere Prophet (.
The wahabis seek to impose their fatwas on all Muslims whereas we do not. That is why we criticize their fatwas..

mmv

Unread post by mmv » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:38 am

Adam wrote:

What RIGHT heard on Milad un Nabi was the recording of the Previous Majlis of Imam Hasan AS Shahadat Waaz.
But,in that recording there was No Sahaadat Bayan of Imam Hasan (A.S).

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:33 pm

profastian wrote:The wahabis seek to impose their fatwas on all Muslims whereas we do not.
It seems you have delibarately forgotten thed dai's various fatwas regarding forced wajebats whereby the poor abde has no choice left rather then cough up the moolah in fear of the fatwa of 'baraat'.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:37 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:
profastian wrote:The wahabis seek to impose their fatwas on all Muslims whereas we do not.
It seems you have delibarately forgotten thed dai's various fatwas regarding forced wajebats whereby the poor abde has no choice left rather then cough up the moolah in fear of the fatwa of 'baraat'.
How about BARAAT?
How about Noorani Toilet?
How about Saya Topi and Dadhi?
and now how about Barkat nu Jaman with DABBA scheme?
How do you define Fatwas? Are Farmaan considered as Fatwas. For Regressive Farmaan carries more weight then Fatwas.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:50 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
Ofcourse there is a choice. Get out of the community. Is there such choice with Wahabis?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:22 am

mustafanalwalla wrote:
ghulam muhammed wrote: It is not WE who claim that abdes are less then 0.1% of muslim population, it is the world statistics and those statistics are not prepared by us.
If we dont do it, then we are not muslims.
If we do it, then we are just showing off

:roll:

Come on you guys, make up your mind!!!
Mustafa. Please read this.
Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday – To Celebrate or not to Celeb
http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=6945

See if you agree with "The Middle Path"

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:25 am

Whats the harm in celebrating both ! Miad-un-Nabi and Salgirah of Sayedna (Dai-uz-Zaman) ! In fact, Milad-un-nabi shall be celebrated with more enthusiasm, by promoting prophet’s words, advise and wisdom as we say “Taabudaat Amal” But in reality, its one day affair, where as Sayedna Saheb’s salgirah is like a awaited event and celebration starts few months prior.

Least we can do is celebrate both days with equal excitement and preparation. But does it happen !
----------------------------------------------
Hi MF
Do wahaabi oppose milad-un-nabi celebrations ??

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:04 am

Humanbeing
Hi MF
I am not Wahabi and I take prophet's BD as a event to reflect on his deeds. Islam for me is not personality driven.
I spent Friday in noon listening to excellent Taalim lacture by Imam before start of Jumma prayers at Hanafi Mosque (Hanafis have Khutba in Arebic only and standard Khutba for them is starting with Hamd, a Aya from Kuran, a Hadith and ending with Duas and Salams to Prophets his family and Sahabas,)

On Saturday evening I attended Milad in Progressive Mosque where Shia mosque congrssion was invited for joint celebration and Magrib prayers were led by elected sunni Imam, Naats were recited by Shia and Sunni members of both Masajids. a delicious dinner was sponserd by Shia sisters, a talk by shia Imam on Prophet, Naat by Morrocan group ending with Isha prayer led by Shia Imam (at the request of sunni Imam).

There is no express prohibition in celebrating Milad un Nabi and I keep it low key. We had regular meals at home. Nothing special.

If Wahabis are anti celebration that does not mean they do not remember Prophet so I am sure Khutbas in Wahabi Masajids were about Prophet.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:13 am

humanbeing wrote:Whats the harm in celebrating both ! Miad-un-Nabi and Salgirah of Sayedna (Dai-uz-Zaman) ! In fact, Milad-un-nabi shall be celebrated with more enthusiasm, by promoting prophet’s words, advise and wisdom as we say “Taabudaat Amal” But in reality, its one day affair, where as Sayedna Saheb’s salgirah is like a awaited event and celebration starts few months prior.

Least we can do is celebrate both days with equal excitement and preparation. But does it happen !
----------------------------------------------
Hi MF
Of course they do, In Makkah hardly anybody knew that it was Milad-un-Nabi on 12th Rabi-ul-Awwal.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:53 pm

mustafanalwalla wrote:If we dont do it, then we are not muslims.

Bro mn,

You very well know what I want to convey but are delibarately twisting the issue. It is not the question of 'doing it', 'not doing it' or show off'. The question is whether are you giving the same importance to the Prophet's event like how you do during the 51st and 52 dai's various celebrations ? The honest answer is a simple NO, see for yourself the pomp and extravaganza during the urus of 51st and salgirah of 52nd and compare the same to Milad-un-Nabi or even Viladat of Mola Ali (a.s.), you will find that the latter is not even 5%.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:48 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
mustafanalwalla wrote:If we dont do it, then we are not muslims.

Bro mn,

You very well know what I want to convey but are delibarately twisting the issue. It is not the question of 'doing it', 'not doing it' or show off'. The question is whether are you giving the same importance to the Prophet's event like how you do during the 51st and 52 dai's various celebrations ? The honest answer is a simple NO, see for yourself the pomp and extravaganza during the urus of 51st and salgirah of 52nd and compare the same to Milad-un-Nabi or even Viladat of Mola Ali (a.s.), you will find that the latter is not even 5%.
Of course, it is not celebrated with the same pomp, but that doesn't mean that it is less important to us. Do you celebrate your child's birthday(if you have a child)? How much POMP do you celebrate it with? Surely more than you celebrate Milad -un -Nabi. You may not cloth yourselves and you child with new clothes on Milad-un-Nabi but you would certainly do it on his birthday. Does it mean your child's birthday becomes more important?

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:18 am

profastian wrote:Of course, it is not celebrated with the same pomp, but that doesn't mean that it is less important to us. Do you celebrate your child's birthday(if you have a child)? How much POMP do you celebrate it with? Surely more than you celebrate Milad -un -Nabi. You may not cloth yourselves and you child with new clothes on Milad-un-Nabi but you would certainly do it on his birthday. Does it mean your child's birthday becomes more important?
What a silly comparison and lame explanation.
Even a child’s birthday is celebrated just on the day of his/her birthday. Celebration doesn’t start 3 months prior.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:18 am

Hi MN

We are talking general practice here amongst average Joes.

I have never said celebrating sayedna saheb’s salgirah is wrong or shoudnt be celebrated with enthusiasm. Infact I m suggesting double celebration, why not have same activities for Milad-un-nabi also !

We can go on arguing over such issues. But look at the reality and ask yourself, how much at community level we express our enthusiasm on Milad-un-nabi as compared to Salgirah.

If we value Milad-un-nabi and its of important to us (lets not compare) then why is celebration just like a majlis and bayan affair, where as Salgirah is full of Melaas, Fun Fairs, Lucky Draws, Khatmul Quran majlis, Taabudaal Amal, Rasme-saifee A calendar of events are issued on event of Salgirah !!

Sayedna Saheb or His Ponga Pandits around, why are they so obsessed with Dai-uz-Zaman. Maraaz el Burahni was opened promoting and glorifying only 52nd sayedna sahib, why not Duaat history ! Do we have any museum or exhibition showcasing our great culture and history from past Duaats. Can we take ourselves & children to a place where they can see first-hand artifacts from our history and culture.

Has everything vanished in history, no proof, no evidence, no antiquities left from Fatimid history ?? Recent Yemen video is also shot heavily praising and glorifying sayedna sahib. MN, try and understand, I m not undermining value and stature of current Dai, but this glorification is reaching fanatical standards and forgetting essence of universal faith islam.

asad

Unread post by asad » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:27 am

HB,

I think i have mentioned this before that if Kothar had shown how previous Dai's lived then they will have to justify current opulence. So their will never be any bayan or showcase of history which is not comfortable to current regime.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:38 am

Hi MN
Once again ! I m saying, I don’t have any objection with the way Salgirah is celebrated as long as it does not lead to wastage of resources.

We are celebrating Sayedna’s Salgirah due to our religious affililation or allegiance to Sayedna and love comes from this affiliation or association. Similary we have religious affiliation and allegiance to Prophet Muhammad. In fact Its because we certify we believe in Allah and Allah’s Prophet Muhammad, we become muslim and then the rest follows. So I m not comparing apples to pineapples, I m comparing 2 religious figure’s birthday celebrations.

Your idea of relativity is personally not convincing. Although your example does make sense, but what we are discussing is at community / religion level with a wider scope of belief.

Try and understand, our children take more pride in Salgirah celebration than Milad-un-nabi. Don’t take it as absolute statement. But you may or may not agree, in our subconscious mind, its salgiraah which holds more anticipation than Milad-un-nabi !

Personally we are free to celebrate either of the day as we want, but at community levels there is less happening. Lets not question how we celebrate personally (religious events). But Bohra we are heavily dependent on religio social gathering for such celebrations.

My neighbors are muslims (I think sunnis), I don’t know how their community bonding works. But this family celebrated Milad-un-nabi with such enthusiasm and feast. They had decorated their house, pasted a hand made greeting of Milad-un-nabi on the door, children wore colorful dress, and they distributed dishes in the building (we live in a beautifully diverse building; Pakistani, Indians, Lebanese, Egyptians, Jordanians, Hindus, Christians)

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:25 am

b. We, unlike other Muslim sects, have a Pontiff. So, to claim that we celebrate the Dai's birthday more than the Prophet's could be validated only if the other Muslim sects had a Pontiff. Since they dont, they will obviously spend more time and energy in celebrating the Prophet's birthday. so you see, we are comparing apples to pineapples here.
That is amongst the most idiotic arguments I have ever heard. That is like saying Bohras have to kiss feet because they are brainwashed morons. Other muslims are not brainwashed morons so you cannot compare bohras to the other muslims. Compare apples to apples and not to pineapples. Yeah beautiful logic, specially when it comes from a brainwashed moron!!

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 am

humanbeing wrote:
profastian wrote:Of course, it is not celebrated with the same pomp, but that doesn't mean that it is less important to us. Do you celebrate your child's birthday(if you have a child)? How much POMP do you celebrate it with? Surely more than you celebrate Milad -un -Nabi. You may not cloth yourselves and you child with new clothes on Milad-un-Nabi but you would certainly do it on his birthday. Does it mean your child's birthday becomes more important?
What a silly comparison and lame explanation.
Even a child’s birthday is celebrated just on the day of his/her birthday. Celebration doesn’t start 3 months prior.

Yeah it is a bit lame, but mustafa gave a beautifully apt analogy(grandfather and ancestor thingy) which should suffice as an answer