About burial in jamats

The purpose of this Forum is to highlight and discuss issues pertaining to specific Jamats. Please use this space responsibly and report facts. We reserve the right to edit/delete posts that we find are irrelevant and based on gossip and hearsay.
faiyaz0987

About burial in jamats

Unread post by faiyaz0987 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:45 am

Hello everyone,
I have a very genuine question and I want everyone to try and help me with this huge problem.
My parents were born and practicing dawood bohris. My father passed away when I was quite young and was given a proper bohri burial.
Now in recent times I have recognized the backwardness of the dawoodi bohri community and distanced myself from it likewise my brother, even my mother wants to join her sons because we have healthy discussions in the family and she was convinced on the points we have to make. Even though she is against the idea but she still continues to pay the dues imposed on her by the amils of the community, I and my brother dont . She pays on our behalf.
Now my main concern is if we choose not to pay this stupidity tax, at the passing of my mother she wont be allowed to be buried in the same burial ground as her beloved husband.
And although I am quite young and I wouldn't care when I am dead, I would still like to be buried near my beloved parents.
WHAT DO I DO? DO I HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS?

think

Re: About burial in jamats

Unread post by think » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:21 am

here in the u.s. although people pay through the nose for the various money grabbing schemes of the kothar,still when someone dies he or she is burried in a christian cemetary, even the kaffan daffan and wuzu is held in the christian morgue and the bereaved family have to pay up the expenses upwards of $5000.00 on top of this expense he has to do tejia (third day) fateha for the departed soul and also call the local amil for reciting quran and sadakalla and all this also demands money from the goonda committee . Although the total burial is completed at a christian cemetary the amil still demands safai chitthi and a whole gamut of monies for various projects so the departed soul may rest in peace.
It is all on your belief. people die every day, some are swalled by the sea, some in wars, some because of hunger etc and they do not even have a fancy burial and all the drummed up rituals. Does that mean that their souls will be tortured. No and No. Moula Ali's burial took place at night with very few people and he had specific instructions"I am so fed up with this world that I do not want anyone to know where I am buried"It was about two hundred or so years later that people came to find out througha miracle at that site. The rasools daughter's burial was the same way. It is all because of sentimental emotions why you want to do all this for your loved one. Christians make a fancy silk padded casket and bury their beloved in suit and tie. Who do you think they are going to impress with a suit and tie, where they are going.

So weather you bury your mother next to your father or not it really does not matter in the afterlife.

faiyaz0987

Unread post by faiyaz0987 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:05 pm

I understand what you say Think, and I m in total agreement with it.
But I am a little sentimental when it comes to my father and his fathers before. I would still prefer to rest my bones near my family.

DMY

Unread post by DMY » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Either dump the emotion or put up with the administration and keep a clean record if you want to rest your bones at the place of your choice. There is no third way, I guess.

think

Unread post by think » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:29 pm

as I said earlier fuy will have to suck up to the goons. secondly it is not a matter of keeping your record straight. Greed is the weakness of this regime. As long as you keep your purse open things will happen.

faiyaz0987

Unread post by faiyaz0987 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Your replies are not very encouraging,
I am in proper sense what the KOTHAR would call a muddai. I drink, I smoke, I have premarital sex and I speak against all the bullshit I see. I do it openly without the fear of any bohri watching me or complaining to the aamil sahab. I dont pay my bohri taxes. But I do watch my Karma, I have never harmed or killed any living thing unless for food or for self protection for me or my loved ones. I try to do good deeds whenever and in whatever way I can, I guess that doesn't qualify me as an acceptable mumeen.
I cant be buried next to my father.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 am

faiyaz0987 wrote:Your replies are not very encouraging,
I am in proper sense what the KOTHAR would call a muddai. I drink, I smoke, I have premarital sex and I speak against all the bullshit I see. I do it openly without the fear of any bohri watching me or complaining to the aamil sahab. I dont pay my bohri taxes. But I do watch my Karma, I have never harmed or killed any living thing unless for food or for self protection for me or my loved ones. I try to do good deeds whenever and in whatever way I can, I guess that doesn't qualify me as an acceptable mumeen.
I cant be buried next to my father.
there you go, you have confessed yourself that you do all things that are not allowed in Islam, so now lets make things straight. This forum is not about opposing the tenets of Islam but to improve the wrong doings in our community. Since you don't look like a practicing muslim, do not comment here or oppose the working of the dawoodi bohras. You are free to go on your path. Bbye.

faiyaz0987

Unread post by faiyaz0987 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:19 am

wise_guy wrote:go, you have confessed yourself that you do all things that are not allowed in Islam, so now lets make things straight. This forum is not about opposing the tenets of Islam but to improve the wrong doings in our community. Since you don't look like a practicing muslim, do not comment here or oppose the working of the dawoodi bohras. You are free to go on your path.
What are you saying brother? The world has moved on. American has a president who is a black, they decided to cast out racism and you want me to leave cause I am not a practicing muslim. How long are we gonna keep dividing ourselves into muslims, non practicing muslims,shias, sunnis, hindus, christains and non muslims. HATS OFF TO YOU.

To be very precise my family is a practicing dawoodi bohri and whatever happens in the community affect my family, hence affects me

think

Unread post by think » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:02 am

you are not the only one drinking, dining and gambling. The clergy has a liquor store and may well give you discount since you are bohri. In the west , many sheikhs own 7eleven , convenience stores, gas stations and liquor stores. They drink beer and play the lottery all the time. As a matter of fact one guy gambled on a lottery ticket and his gambling paid off. He won a huge amopunt and donated some to the goonda committee of his jamaat who willingly accepted the cash without questioning how he got it. Money talks and bullshit walks in this so called mafia religion. It is the biggest brain washing by a family of crooks and the illiterate fall for it.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:39 am

faiyaz0987 wrote: I am in proper sense what the KOTHAR would call a muddai. I drink, I smoke, I have premarital sex .....
you, a muddai? no way. in fact you are the perfect abdesyedna and the correct material for a 'shaikh' with 'mkd' attached!! no one cares what haramkhori you do, as long as you throw large sums of money at the kotha pimps.

so sleep easy and be assured that you will occupy the plot in bohra kabrastan next to your father when you die.

mansur07

Unread post by mansur07 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:26 am

does it mean anythng ,that u should be buried near yr parents n may be any relatives ,, yr sawal jawab will be done alone only .....doesnt matter where u buried u have to go to allah alone ,,, no one can see u there,,, all u take wid u is jus yr good deeds....

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:20 am

mansur07 wrote:does it mean anythng ,that u should be buried near yr parents n may be any relatives ,, yr sawal jawab will be done alone only .....doesnt matter where u buried u have to go to allah alone ,,, no one can see u there,,, all u take wid u is jus yr good deeds....
mansur,

you are sadly mistaken. according to saifee-burhani abde tradition, the sawal jawab is done, but only of the relatives after a bohra dies. and when an abde bohra dies he does not go to allah, he goes to his dai who comes to hold his hand in his kabr. abde bohras say "INNA LID DAI E, WA INNA DAI E RAJEUN". that is why every abde/amte has to be buried with ruku chitthi which the dai verifies in the kabr.

also according to above saifee burhani tradition, your good deeds do not matter. what matters is how fakhir was your najwa to dai. you can be a goonda mafia haramkhor all your life, but if you give ziyafats and najwas, you will still go to heaven.

think

Unread post by think » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:44 pm

here in small town u.s even nikkah ceremony has the permission of dai and his mansoos. bhaisaheb conducted nikah but cannot video the nikah recitation were the strict orders of the bhaisaheb. he is scared. He is injecting the name of 52 and 53rd in the nikkah. to show his importance he asks all bohris to wear saya qurta etc but in this crowd at the markaz are white women and men, hindu women and men, sardarjee's and mexicans all wearing suits, jeans and in different colours but it is o.k. for them to wear what they please. The only target where the bhaisaheb can exercise control is on the bohris. what a hypocrisy. such is the illiterate bhaisahebs of this kothar and he gets a special parking spot, why I wonder. The wedding couple's car was removed from the parking lot because somehow he has more right to park his car closest to the entrance of the markaz. such jahliat should be put an end to in the u.s. society. The meek bohris are the ones that give these bhaisahebs the power and they display this pretend power back to the guillables. Such practice should stop. These meek bohris have no right in the free u.s. society practicing the first amendment every single day. They are infact violating the american constituition.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:30 pm

Bro fayyaz,

Coming back to the topic, kindly note that the burial grounds are given FREE of cost by the Indian Government to Bohras although its a different matter that the Kothari Kafan Chors extort lacs of rupees by way of burial fees. Hence every bohra is legally entitled to be buried in these FREE qabrastans and in case of refusal by kothar the relatives can lodge a complaint with the local police station although this is rarely done due to the meek and slavish attitude of bohras for whom ex-communication is a big taboo. So brother either you can stand up and confront kothar or submit to their demands which is money, money and money !!!

think

Unread post by think » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Mr. G.M. does this rule exist also in karachi, Pakistan?. bohris of karachi have the hardest time with kothar during these emotional occasions. There is too much red tape even for marraige,This safai chitthi requirement has given the jamaat goons a power they abuse to the fullest. complete weddings are stopped by these goons after wedding cards have been distributed. the poor bohri is between a rock and a hard place. nothing to do but dish out money for one scheme or another, and salams for bhaisahebs ,jamia teachers, and a whole list of beggars stand in line for salams at time of nikah. I pity the poor bohri ;his little moment of happiness becomes a nightmare.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:28 pm

Bro think,

In all probability this rule should exist in Pakistan also as what these evil kotharis are doing is not only against Islamic tenets but even against the basic concept of humanity. You could consult some lawyers in Pakistan who would be able to explain the legalities.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:48 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:Bro think,

In all probability this rule should exist in Pakistan also as what these evil kotharis are doing is not only against Islamic tenets but even against the basic concept of humanity. You could consult some lawyers in Pakistan who would be able to explain the legalities.
talking about law in the land of lawlessness.. you must be kidding... :lol:

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:50 am

think wrote:Mr. G.M. does this rule exist also in karachi, Pakistan?. bohris of karachi have the hardest time with kothar during these emotional occasions. There is too much red tape even for marraige,This safai chitthi requirement has given the jamaat goons a power they abuse to the fullest. complete weddings are stopped by these goons after wedding cards have been distributed. the poor bohri is between a rock and a hard place. nothing to do but dish out money for one scheme or another, and salams for bhaisahebs ,jamia teachers, and a whole list of beggars stand in line for salams at time of nikah. I pity the poor bohri ;his little moment of happiness becomes a nightmare.
just pass the names and pictures of the culprits (jamat members etc) to the taliban or the extremists and they will do the needful in their most civilized way :wink: