Question to all Bohras

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Nafisa

Question to all Bohras

Unread post by Nafisa » Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 am

Dear Bohras
Each person introduce himself with correct name. Why as a member of Bohra community we introduce ourselves as Bori or Bohris?

wise_guy

Re: Question to all Bohras

Unread post by wise_guy » Thu May 30, 2013 10:07 am

Nafisa wrote:Dear Bohras
Each person introduce himself with correct name. Why as a member of Bohra community we introduce ourselves as Bori or Bohris?
Hello, sorry but I didn't understand what you meant to say.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Thu May 30, 2013 10:19 am

Sister Nafisa,

This is a Progressive Dawoodi Bohra forum. It is not part of the mainstream orthodox (websites such as Mumineen and Malumaat). If you were of the mainstream and openly claimed to agree with aspects of this forum, the extremely orthodox mainstream Bohras would likely consider you an outcast.

People likely have their own reasons as to why they do not use their name. I use it to protect my identity. More correctly, my family's. Yet there have been a few people on this site that are open with their identities. To each their own.

Creating a username and talking through that is common practice on most forums on any topic. It allows people to speak in privacy, with everyone being offered that same convenience.

think

Unread post by think » Thu May 30, 2013 10:28 am

besides you may very well want to openly fight for your right but family considerations may prevent you. Your old parents and family members may have suffered enough from the kothar and for their sake you want to be annonymous.

shapur

Unread post by shapur » Thu May 30, 2013 11:05 am

Wise guy, Grayson and Think, dont be surprised if you get your replies in May 2017.
Last edited by shapur on Thu May 30, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Thu May 30, 2013 11:15 am

shapur, I'm sorry. I do not understand you words. Could you please clarify?

aftabm

Unread post by aftabm » Thu May 30, 2013 11:18 am

I think what Nafisa wants to know/discuss that why do we Bohra call ourself "bohris or bori".

Answer probably is that it has its origin in mumbai, where due to amalgamation with gujrati/marathi speaking crowd, it has rudimented to Bori. The mohalla, which has a large concentration of DBs, is also famous as Bori Mohalla.

shapur

Unread post by shapur » Thu May 30, 2013 11:33 am

Grayson wrote:shapur, I'm sorry. I do not understand you words. Could you please clarify?
I meant to say dont be surprised if you get your replies from ben Nafisa in May 2017. Because she has apparently joined in June 2009 and ventured on her maiden post in May 2013. So quite probable next will be also 4 years later. One olympic to the next.

Grayson

Unread post by Grayson » Thu May 30, 2013 11:38 am

Lol, so I see. Although it's good she posted a query. The first usually paves the way for others. I'm sure there are many other dormant users who've yet to post considering we have a count of over 2500 registered users. The more the merrier, even if it means increasing the size of the target on my back. :wink:

Nafisa

Unread post by Nafisa » Thu May 30, 2013 2:25 pm

aftabm wrote:I think what Nafisa wants to know/discuss that why do we Bohra call ourself "bohris or bori".

Answer probably is that it has its origin in mumbai, where due to amalgamation with gujrati/marathi speaking crowd, it has rudimented to Bori. The mohalla, which has a large concentration of DBs, is also famous as Bori Mohalla.

Dear Bohras
I addressed Bohras at large(followers of the Dai and those who have certain questions). It is my humble request to use this platform only for constructive purpose, you will see that more people would love to join it. Academic discussion,join legal action, and coordination among Bohras worldwide is a need of the time. Our community is the best example of blind followers. I am not against the Dawat, but the Mullas who are looting and no one is ready to stop them. Residents of Saify Mahal and servants of Badri Mahal are busy in money minting. Report of offense of any Mulla is a great sin, which minimum penalty is renewal of Misaq.
I request those who know history should write how and why non Bohras changed our name from Bohra to Bori/Boris.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 30, 2013 2:32 pm

Sr Nafisa
Welcome on board, As far as I know, the correct word has been Bohra, All major media and many outside refers us as Bohra, Our own community and due to influence of Dawat E Lissan the word has been mis used as Bohri. Bohri has become a slang and it is our own doing.
May be other senior members may have different opinion
Last edited by SBM on Thu May 30, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Thu May 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Nafisa ben.. what you said sounds ideal but fighting the Kothar is next to impossible because they have deep pockets and humungous power.. most government officials/ministers etc are in their pocket... One example was the excommunication case... Morarji Desai knew that that was wrong but couldnt do anything in the case during the initial days of the Reform movement.. Everyone knows about the wrongdoing but history says that nothing has happened.... & will not happen atleast in India, Pakistan, Africa, Gulf etc...
Nafisa wrote:
Dear Bohras
I addressed Bohras at large(followers of the Dai and those who have certain questions). It is my humble request to use this platform only for constructive purpose, you will see that more people would love to join it. Academic discussion,join legal action, and coordination among Bohras worldwide is a need of the time. Our community is the best example of blind followers. I am not against the Dawat, but the Mullas who are looting and no one is ready to stop them. Residents of Saify Mahal and servants of Badri Mahal are busy in money minting. Report of offense of any Mulla is a great sin, which minimum penalty is renewal of Misaq.
I request those who know history should write how and why non Bohras changed our name from Bohra to Bori/Boris.

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Thu May 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Grayson wrote:Lol, so I see. Although it's good she posted a query. The first usually paves the way for others. I'm sure there are many other dormant users who've yet to post considering we have a count of over 2500 registered users. The more the merrier, even if it means increasing the size of the target on my back. :wink:
Wow 2500 members! So why is this forum so quiet?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 30, 2013 2:43 pm

^
Fear.....and the pressure from Kothari Goons to boycott this forum. BUT REST ASSURED MANY ARE SILENT AND AVID READERS

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Thu May 30, 2013 2:59 pm

SBM wrote:^
Fear.....and the pressure from Kothari Goons to boycott this forum. BUT REST ASSURED MANY ARE SILENT AND AVID READERS
Most people might even not know that such a site/forum exists apart from accidentally landing here !

think

Unread post by think » Thu May 30, 2013 3:31 pm

besides how many are computer inter active or can even read and write english in the small towns of India, Pakistan and africa? I can safely state that even in the middle east most are doing meagre work and are happy they are employed rather than unemployed in their home town.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu May 30, 2013 3:42 pm

wise_guy wrote:Most people might even not know that such a site/forum exists apart from accidentally landing here !
Some time back a member had provided statistics from google which confirmed that this is the MOST visited site and the traffic is way above any other bohra websites.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Thu May 30, 2013 3:52 pm

One reason for low awareness of this site is that a lot of bohris have business, shops or work in shops etc... In such cases.. They dont have much internet access or have time for it... Most people who land here do so accidentally or by word of mouth..

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Thu May 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Fear? This place is anonymous and there is nothing the Kothar can do about what we talk about here. We are untouchable on this forum so why the fear?

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Thu May 30, 2013 4:19 pm

wise_guy wrote:
Most people might even not know that such a site/forum exists apart from accidentally landing here !
But there are already 2500 people here. Why are they not active on here? Why are people so passive?

Qutbi-Hero

Unread post by Qutbi-Hero » Thu May 30, 2013 4:21 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:
wise_guy wrote:Most people might even not know that such a site/forum exists apart from accidentally landing here !
Some time back a member had provided statistics from google which confirmed that this is the MOST visited site and the traffic is way above any other bohra websites.
Most visited but least active? Is this place completely irrelevant really?

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Thu May 30, 2013 4:31 pm

I had once infiltrated a dawoodi bohra fb group by a fake profile :twisted: n posted few links ti this site n forum.. The membership here had increased by a few members after dat as I was closely watching the numbers.. I was swiftly blocked from dat group.. But surprisingly I managed to remain about 2-3 days in dat group during which I posted few pdf forum links...

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 am

wise_guy wrote:I had once infiltrated a dawoodi bohra fb group by a fake profile :twisted: n posted few links ti this site n forum.. The membership here had increased by a few members after dat as I was closely watching the numbers.. I was swiftly blocked from dat group.. But surprisingly I managed to remain about 2-3 days in dat group during which I posted few pdf forum links...

haa haa haa, sneaky but nice.

BTW, i wish you wouldnt use the word "infiltrated". it sounds so evil. "joined" is fine :wink:

ammar786

Unread post by ammar786 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:04 pm

DB-Londoner wrote:
wise_guy wrote: Most people might even not know that such a site/forum exists apart from accidentally landing here !
But there are already 2500 people here. Why are they not active on here? Why are people so passive?
because here nothing constructive is done
just gibat and talk about fake incident is done over here.

may allah show you the right path

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:28 pm

ammar786 wrote:fake incident is done over here
Are you referring to the self proclaimed Mojizas of Mansoos and his clan ???

ammar786

Unread post by ammar786 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
ammar786 wrote:fake incident is done over here
Are you referring to the self proclaimed Mojizas of Mansoos and his clan ???

i am referring to baseless barking which is done over here by you proggiess.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:39 am

ammar786 wrote:
ghulam muhammed wrote: Are you referring to the self proclaimed Mojizas of Mansoos and his clan ???

i am referring to baseless barking which is done over here by you proggiess.
Ammar by the way what are you doing here, obviously not barking ? You even went to the trouble of creating a login and a fake email and contributing.

With your bias why do you not become a hero and write your true name...kothar may honour you with a title for your courageous stand. RKD r stands for reformists, d for dukh you can guess K.