ETIQUETTE ON THIS FORUM

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
AliZahra

ETIQUETTE ON THIS FORUM

Unread post by AliZahra » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:16 am

I wrote this post on 5th February, 2014 but erroneously it went to Admin. instead of the Forum for all to read and Admin. acknowledged receipt and said they will try their best to prevent incivility and I let the matter rest there - But I have observed that some people lack the civility needed for a civilized conversation and I felt compelled to write to the Forum, in the hope that everyone will observe the rules of etiquette and courtesy

Assalam Alaykum

This is my first post on this Forum and it seems to be a robust place for people to express their views and concerns

However, I am disturbed by the uncivil behavior of some people which undermines the image of this Forum - While everyone is expected to respect the basic rules of etiquette/courtesy, Admin. must intervene and discipline those who persistently flout this cardinal rule, otherwise the perception will be that Admin. in incapable of enforcing its own rules and condones such behavior

Right now, emotions are charged up, but that is no reason to become uncivil - In fact, Progressives, Reformists and Supporters of Reforms must show greater civility and restrain

Maulana Ali (AS) said that "The Best Manners Are From Good Character And Good Character Is Your Best Companion"
May Allah's Blessings & Peace Be With Us All - Ameen

P.S. In recent days, I have repeatedly urged people to exercise restraint towards those whose views/opinions they disagree with and not to condemn anyone or be harsh to them - We must agree to disagree in a civilized manner for that is what should distinguish us as Dawoodi Bohras - The best leaders have always preached TOLERANCE

voice

Re: ETIQUETTE ON THIS FORUM

Unread post by voice » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:52 am

This is basic teaching of Islam. Our deeds are our best representatives, so are our language used in posts.

AliZahra

Unread post by AliZahra » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:39 am

Shukria voice - hope you are keeping well

Mazakyo

Unread post by Mazakyo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:22 pm

AliZahra bhai/behen. Kis nay aap kay saath ghustakhi ki hai. Aap sirf naam bata dey us ka.

phorendude

Unread post by phorendude » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:14 pm

You do understand that one of the etiquettes of forum posting is to avoid UPPERCASE as it amounts to shouting

AliZahra

Unread post by AliZahra » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:43 pm

phorendude - Yes, I do and regret the oversight - just wanted to "highlight" the subject matter

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:09 pm

Good etiquette does't give you different word for Chor, Haramkhore, lootera and jahil. How else should I call such a person?

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:24 am

seeker110 wrote:Good etiquette does't give you different word for Chor, Haramkhore, lootera and jahil. How else should I call such a person?
Good etiquette would be that if you cannot say something nice about someone, best not to say anything at all!

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:27 am

seeker110 wrote:Good etiquette does't give you different word for Chor, Haramkhore, lootera and jahil. How else should I call such a person?
Agree with you...

even Quraan uses hard words some times, now tell me who can have better ettiqutte than ALLAH himself?

I dont have other words for

CHOR
THUG
HARAAM KHOR
JHAHIL

so I am bound to use such words.

AliZahra

Unread post by AliZahra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:42 am

Well said zinger and that is the Islamic culture, unless we are totally incapable of comprehending what etiquette and courtesy means
Maulana Ali (AS) said that "Your Tongue Brings Forth What You Have Accustomed It To"
Yaar, zaban pey thoda sa tau kabu hona chaihe

AliZahra

Unread post by AliZahra » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:52 am

Mazkayo Bhai - koi fikar ki baat nahin hein, kisine bhi hamare saath koi gustakhi nahin ki hein - Hum aapke shukar guzar hein key aap hamara khyal rakhte hein aur hum aapki badee qadar kartein hein, kyun ke aap ye Forum ke bahot purane member hein, Masha Allah