Why are Bohras so cowardice?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Average Bohra

Re: Why are Bohras so cowardice?

Unread post by Average Bohra » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:42 am

Jamanpasand,

If brave then what is stopping reform. If coward then who will bring reform for them?

Your concern may be misplaced if you believe that Bohras are the only Muslims in need of reform. To answer your question, Bohras are no less cowardly than the rest of the Muslim populace including practicing Shia, Sunni & Wahabis. Islam relies on an undocumented system of social, religious boycott and collective punishment to enforce compliance not unlike the excommunication policy practiced by the Bohra clergy. Arab countries take it a step further and use state sponsored violence. . Therefore, one is forced to leave their faith to be able to speak out against it.

The instances that Insaf used to reach the conclusion is not unique to Bohra’s, but all Muslims. Dr. Engineer is correct in stating that “the fear psychic is due to firstly oppressive regime of Abbasid and later oppressive treatment of Sunni Muslim rulers in India.â€

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:06 am

White House keeps dossiers on more than 10,000 'political enemies'

"Spurred by paranoia and aided by the USA Patriot Act, the Bush Administration has compiled dossiers on more than 10,000 Americans it considers political enemies and uses those files to wage war on those who disagree with its policies."

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:07 am

You can see the cowardice of the Muslims on display in Iraq where the Americans have had to use chemical weapons against innocent civilians. But wait, isn't Saddam on trial for that??? Hypocrisy, anyone????

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:11 am

Incinerating Iraqis; the napalm cover up

US 'uses incendiary arms' in Iraq

Brave men from the western democracies and their deeds!!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:13 am

New Approval Low for President Bush in U.S.

35% of this country can still be considered to be mentally challenged!!

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:19 am

Cheney Fights for Detainee Policy

The policy to torture that is. But weren't only the Arabs supposed to be torturing people? Oh! wait the Arabs torture only their own!! The Americans want to torture everyone - ofcourse since the west is so civilised, they want to do it officially.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:06 am

Israelis evacuated from Amman hotel hours before bombings

But of course, the bombings were the work of Muslims "suiciders" - nudge nudge wink wink!!

Carl

Unread post by Carl » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:03 am

Goes without saying, some here are doing a service that so few ever do in real life. I will refrain from naming them. For they know who they are.

Goes without saying or even mentioning.
BOHRIS=COWARDICE, and vice versa. Look it up in any dictionary, English, Arabic, or whatever lang u speak or read.
Many here do so believe in 'Silence is Golden'. But that's only their belief and it fails short of everything, because belief or beliefs is/are never certainty.
Anything that comes close is faith and faith only .
For all else will still remain beliefs.
So if belief or beliefs is faith that might be true to many who have been enlightened already.
And if Faith is also belief/beliefs. That says it all.
For faith is certainty, and beliefs often need to be reviewed.
No context here to change your beliefs or watevr.
No sermon here.
Live as humanly, humanely bfirst. Beliefs and true beliefs and faith will only then follow you.

Any reciprocal/reply/replies don't matter to me. And will only matter to you only. And I will refrain from replying, for it doesn't matter to you and neither to me. For you are what you are in your set beliefs.

Time to go fishing for now.

moomin052

Unread post by moomin052 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:35 am

with a name like omabharti you want to tell me that yoy are a muslim,please do not talk rubbish without proof

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:21 pm

M052
Where does in Quran says that you have to a name and that proves that you are a muslim
Do you know the meaning of ABIZER which is so common in Bohras and if you donot it means Gaye Nu Bachu
Why do you change the topic, I asked you to tell me if there no Bohras who indulge themselves in drinking Alcohol and gambling
Typical Kothari if they have no answer they start bad mouthing other people and change the topic.
BTW if Progressive calls you name then they are bad people but you and your cohorts have constantly used foul language about Dr. Engineer and Mr. Insaaf. LOOK UPON YOURSELF BEFORE POINTING TO SOMEBODY ELSE REMEME IF YOU POINT ONE FINGER TO SOMEBODY THE REST OF FOUR FINGERS POINT TOWARDS YOU
One more note, somewhere in Quran Allah has asked that you should not indulge in a dialogue where people are badmouthing Islam, one should get up and walk away there is a lesson for you, if you donot like this message board where people are bad mouthing KOTHAR why then you keep on coming back Oh I forgot, this is a message from ALLAH and not from SOME KOTHARI SHEZADAH OR AAMIL :confused: :confused:

allbird

Unread post by allbird » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:11 am

Originally posted by omabharti:
M052
Where does in Quran says that you have to a name and that proves that you are a muslim
Do you know the meaning of ABIZER which is so common in Bohras and if you donot it means Gaye Nu Bachu
Why do you change the topic, I asked you to tell me if there no Bohras who indulge themselves in drinking Alcohol and gambling
Typical Kothari if they have no answer they start bad mouthing other people and change the topic.
BTW if Progressive calls you name then they are bad people but you and your cohorts have constantly used foul language about Dr. Engineer and Mr. Insaaf. LOOK UPON YOURSELF BEFORE POINTING TO SOMEBODY ELSE REMEME IF YOU POINT ONE FINGER TO SOMEBODY THE REST OF FOUR FINGERS POINT TOWARDS YOU
One more note, somewhere in Quran Allah has asked that you should not indulge in a dialogue where people are badmouthing Islam, one should get up and walk away there is a lesson for you, if you donot like this message board where people are bad mouthing KOTHAR why then you keep on coming back Oh I forgot, this is a message from ALLAH and not from SOME KOTHARI SHEZADAH OR AAMIL :confused: :confused:
Ms Omabarti,
Madam your are and proving your stupidity evertime you open your mouth. You just bite yourself (somewhere) Give reference to the above quote from Koran. Koran DID say that never argue about islam with stupid people but the above quote ????. Br Moomin52 is your last hope listen to him he has very wise words for you. To answer the next question if You consider that engineer you Moula and Insaaf as Mazoom then i will personally apolozise to you reform movement for abusing your Reformed Dai-Zaman Moula Asger Engineer saheb and his Mazzum Moula S. Insaaf if they are just activists and writers then live with criticism. First give Misak to Moula Engineer and i infact we all Abde syedna will give apology thats a promise. From that day onwards a new firka will come into being, from that day onwards YOU WOULD BE CALL ASGARI BOHRA. No longer english name as progressive Bohras. Have your own jamat pay wajebaat to Moula Asgar Engineer and can also put (TUS) after his name. We will leave you alone forever you can have your own jamatkhana, Masaajids and own rubaats. How does that sound ???

moomin052

Unread post by moomin052 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:05 am

so omabharti you can be called a snake or a scorpion and stiil claim to be a muslim,i do not think so but if you insist we will call all you reformists snakes and scorpionsand you can call yourselves muslims if you want,and then do not tell me that i am abusing you

moomin052

Unread post by moomin052 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:08 am

and by the way you forgot to name the bohras who drink alcohol and please please provide proof so that we might believe you,otherwise you are talking rubbish and shut up

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:47 am

No truth to report of Israeli evacuations before Amman bombs

Apparently they found out that they were caught with their pants down!!

kabeer19922001

Unread post by kabeer19922001 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:11 am

M52

If you honestly believe that Bohra's do not drink alcholol, then I am sorry no one can help you. Even me, with my limited involvement with the Bohra, know 3 who have openly consumed alcohol in my presence and were quite open about it. Don't ask me to name them, because I won't.

Regards

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:04 pm

I know a lot of alcoholics too. Here are some of the names -

Taher Batliwala,
Saifuddin Bottlewala,
Yusuf Glasswala,
Najmuddin Kachwala,
Qaid Joher Hotelwala,
and finally, Burhanuddin Daruwala