Muharram 2010

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Aarif

Muharram 2010

Unread post by Aarif » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:48 am

Any idea where Syedna saheb will go this time for Muharram-ul-haraam?

Smart

Re: Muharram 2010

Unread post by Smart » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Where ever there s a bigger gold mine! The prospectors are already testing the various mines.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Aarif wrote:Any idea where Syedna saheb will go this time for Muharram-ul-haraam?
bro. arif, people of reformist thinking shoud not buy into this annual guessing game and lend credence to this entire tamasha in the name of shohoda. let the idle and the ignorant bohras indulge their petty intellects playing this with bated breath, since they are but mere frogs in their tiny little pond.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:57 pm

I agree with you br. AZ.. However, the reason for asking this question was to just wake up the conscience of abdes and make them realize that Syedna saheb will again go to a place where he can make maximum mullah in these 10 days. A venue where there is no poverty, extremely reach fans, lot of money, lavish jamans, shopping malls, beautiful resorts and afcourse in the end if any GUM of IMAM HUSAIN...

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Aarif wrote:Any idea where Syedna saheb will go this time for Muharram-ul-haraam?
It will be decided after the auction is over i.e. the venue will be the place whose jamaat bids the highest, the last time around it was around Rs.40 crores. So much for a supposedly religous discourse by a so called spiritual leader.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:44 am

According to a friend, collection drive of Rs. 10,000 per head is on for Sayedna Saheb's vaiz this year at Marol, Mumbai. Can some one from other side of the divide confirm this?

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:40 am

A letter in Vohra Vartaman - Bombay Samchar yesterday (5th Nov.) among other things also states that: The Amil of Marol has so far collected Rs. 6 Crores and handed over to some Shahzada for Araz of Mohrram Vaiz at Marol.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:26 am

S. Insaf wrote:A letter in Vohra Vartaman - Bombay Samchar yesterday (5th Nov.) among other things also states that: The Amil of Marol has so far collected Rs. 6 Crores and handed over to some Shahzada for Araz of Mohrram Vaiz at Marol.
the new amil of marol is if i am not wrong, juzer bhaisaheb zakawi, who was previously the amil of toronto. he had tried very hard when he was in toronto to get the syedna to visit during his visits to US, but did not meet with success.

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:47 am

is abi tamim bs the amil of toronto? if yes how is faring there?

JC

Unread post by JC » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:45 am

abi tamim BS (bs reminds of something else..!!!) is relatively new and is still in the process of settling down ....

The reins of administration is shifted from Mansoor Kanchwala and Ismail Yahya to Aziz Dohadwala and Shabbir Ameen. Hamza is Wali-Mulla instead of Hakimuddin Shakir. There are a few new chamchas ....... on money making front it is Salman Bhagat!! Amir Meva is still going strong..!!

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:14 pm

mutmaeen wrote:is abi tamim bs the amil of toronto? if yes how is faring there?

from what i have seen and heard so far abi tamim bs is a mild, friendly and harmless personality, who is co-operative, helpful and has not antagonised or upset anyone uptil now. perhaps that confidence stems from him not having to prove himself to his masters as he comes from the family of syedna. he has intiated new and beneficial programes and is genuinely willing to listen to people.

as for the new committee instituted by the previous amil, it is still in place and consists of newer immigrants and younger people who are more energetic and full of new ideas. although i generally do not praise our jamaats or all those involved in them, i can say with certainty that salman bhagat and the newer guys are selfless and hard working people. i have known him and many of his new immigrant colleagues from the middle east, even before they were such die hard abdes and can vouch for their character and believe in giving credit where it is due and being fair and just.

the previous amil did well in breaking the monoploy and hegemony of the kanchwala family and the old entrenched committee who treated the jamaat as their own personal fiefdom.

bohra_manus

Unread post by bohra_manus » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:53 pm

Al Zulfiqar wrote:
mutmaeen wrote:is abi tamim bs the amil of toronto? if yes how is faring there?

from what i have seen and heard so far abi tamim bs is a mild, friendly and harmless personality, who is co-operative, helpful and has not antagonised or upset anyone uptil now. perhaps that confidence stems from him not having to prove himself to his masters as he comes from the family of syedna. he has intiated new and beneficial programes and is genuinely willing to listen to people.

as for the new committee instituted by the previous amil, it is still in place and consists of newer immigrants and younger people who are more energetic and full of new ideas. although i generally do not praise our jamaats or all those involved in them, i can say with certainty that salman bhagat and the newer guys are selfless and hard working people. i have known him and many of his new immigrant colleagues from the middle east, even before they were such die hard abdes and can vouch for their character and believe in giving credit where it is due and being fair and just.

the previous amil did well in breaking the monoploy and hegemony of the kanchwala family and the old entrenched committee who treated the jamaat as their own personal fiefdom.
One correction Br. AZ.
The jamat comittee is not appointed by the amil directly. The appointments come from Kothar (probably after consultation with the local Amil) in the form of new farman.

mutmaeen

Unread post by mutmaeen » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:02 am

abi tamim bs was the amil of coimbatore some 2 years back-his amalat was by and large benign but for the simmering tensions at the end of his amalat which left a blot on his amalat

Sajid Zafar

Unread post by Sajid Zafar » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:36 pm

I think best place for this year vaaz is either South Wazirstan or Malakand agency in North west Pakistan. After all, these people also needs shafaat "Rohani B....(open for your imginations)".

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:18 pm

A farman in Surat:-

On every thursday/friday night, bohras have to assemble in Masjid and do 'purjosh maatam' so that syedna opts for Surat as the venue for the coming Muharrum vayez.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Mumineen of Marol went walking to Raudat Tahera with Niyat of Huzurala Tus Performs 1431H Ashara Mubaraka in Marol
Akhbar Date: 28, Zilqadatil Haram, 1430Akhbar Updated On: 15-Nov-2009 Print Mumineen of Marol went walking to Raudat Tahera with Niyat of Huzurala Tus Performs 1431H Ashara Mubaraka in Marol

WHO SAYS BOHRAS ARE NOT IN GOOD PHYSICAL SHAPE. AFTER HAVING 2 MITHAS, 2 KHARAS, a good 6 hours walk takes care of all added calories and cholesterol.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:09 pm

omabharti wrote:Mumineen of Marol went walking to Raudat Tahera with Niyat of Huzurala Tus Performs 1431H Ashara Mubaraka in Marol
Akhbar Date: 28, Zilqadatil Haram, 1430Akhbar Updated On: 15-Nov-2009 Print Mumineen of Marol went walking to Raudat Tahera with Niyat of Huzurala Tus Performs 1431H Ashara Mubaraka in Marol

WHO SAYS BOHRAS ARE NOT IN GOOD PHYSICAL SHAPE. AFTER HAVING 2 MITHAS, 2 KHARAS, a good 6 hours walk takes care of all added calories and cholesterol.
This is nothing.. When Syedna was in ICU Mumineen walked from Pune to Mumbai bare foot under the blazing sun... And you are right... The Dai has given the culture of two kharaas and two Mithaas and bohras do not mind burning it for him...

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:22 pm

According to the latest reports, Calcutta jamaat is the frontrunner for syedna's muharrum vayez. It seems that they are the highest bidder as of now. Well, still some time left for others to jack up their price.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Mumineen of Marol went walking to Raudat Tahera with Niyat of Huzurala Tus Performs 1431H Ashara Mubaraka in Marol

Akhbar Date: 28, Zilqadatil Haram, 1430Akhbar Updated On: 15-Nov-2009

Mumineen of Marol went walking to Raudat Tahera with Niyat that Huzurala Tus Performs 1431H Ashara Mubaraka in Marol

i suggest that henceforth this walk from Marol be commemorated as a significant and major milestone event in bohra history, by instituting an annual bohra marathon on the likes of the london marathon.

every year a new venue can be chosen in the manner of the annual moharram picnic, based on the no. of participants, how much money (salaams) can be raised, media support, celebrity support, administrative support from local govt. etc etc.

this annual feature should be named the "marol run" and the same distance that was walked by the brave and hardy pioneers of marol should become the benchmark for all future runs. of course, the run will perforce end at the local darul emarat of the syedna in that particular city, and if there is not one grand enough, then the local jamaat will have to build one to qualify.

the route will be lined with sabeel-e-hussain stalls doling out delicious sherbets and milk shakes to the mumin runners, and typical bohra snacks and foods like DCP, shami kebabs, raan, paaya, biryani, dabba gosh, tandoori chicken farcha etc for the spectators and visiting dignitaries to munch on while they brave the hot sun will be set up by mumin caterers. the marathon will be led by several bands of youth doing purjosh maatam and zakereen reciting marsiyas in unison.

along the way, those runners who sing ghanu jeevo the loudest and also announce huge donations before the race, will be given titles of sheikhs or mullas as appropriate and given bonus points in the form of time discounts pro-rata from their final time. special running suits which incorporate all the features of the Saya, kurta, pyjama, topi will be provided. these suits will be made from the latest spandex sweat-wicking material using the state-of-the-art nanotechnology. they will be made of lightweight body hugging but stretchable material and the topi will be an integral part of this suit, i.e the faux topi border will have embroidery, but this topi/hood will be of design similar to those worn by olympic swimming athletes. this will allow mumin runners to race without worrying about flapping loose ends or things falling off. the saya will be a stitched on 'a la' the batman, superman capes, but again will not hinder the fleet-footed abde's progress and still satisfy, for all outward appearances, to be a saaya and thus confirm with strict halal mumin dress code for races.

the objective of this race will be manifold:
1. to commemorate the event of the marol walk
2. apni jaan apna aqa mola ane shafeeq bawa par nichawar kari devani..
3. to show the entire kafir world our love for our haqiqi kaaba
4. this will be dedicated to his tulul-umr ta qayamat
5. to become another annual event with amazing pulling power for mumineen all over the globe
6. to improve the health of mumin
7. to showcase to the world the stupendous athletic capabilities of our community
8. to also showcase our cuisine, culture and technological prowess in inventing new textile fibres, dishes and methods by which we express our devotion and love for our dai-ul-mutlaq
9. to demonstrate our might in collecting more runners for our event than all the world's marathons put together
10. finally to have another occasion to do purjosh matam and sing ghanu jeevo for our natiq-e-quran

the last 3 runners in the race will be compulsorily forced to donate their khaals for the purpose of making jootis for syedna. this will be a great incentive for them to run faster or slower, depending of course on their motivation either way. my suggestion would be to bring the bohra scout band which has won at our annual scout band competition to play both at the commencement and end of this race. this will lend glamour and pomp to the occasion. and if philantropic bohras around the world contribute, we can have a caravan of roaring harley davidson bikes following at the end of the race to close on a spectacular note.

any other suggestions from mumineen may please be rushed at your earliest as final decisions in this matter are expected to be completed before muharram. a committee constituted with zaada qaid johar as its president is proposed and any abde willing to join and help organise this inaugural marol run should register his name with us here to obtain raza mubarak from dawate hadiyah and hazrate imamiyah.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:20 pm

The amil of Poona, Abdeali bhaisaab has issued a farmaan to bohras to shell out a MINIMUM of one unit (Rs.21,000/-) per family in case of mola's vayez in Poona. There are 3500 bohra families in Poona many of which will be forced to buy 10 to 15 units. To end on a sad note: Kuchh logo ke liye Imam Hussain (a.s.) ki shahadat kya rang laa rahi hai.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:56 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:The amil of Poona, Abdeali bhaisaab has issued a farmaan to bohras to shell out a MINIMUM of one unit (Rs.21,000/-) per family in case of mola's vayez in Poona. There are 3500 bohra families in Poona many of which will be forced to buy 10 to 15 units. To end on a sad note: Kuchh logo ke liye Imam Hussain (a.s.) ki shahadat kya rang laa rahi hai.
at present there are 3 serious contenders for the ashura picnic and tamasha, viz. poona, marol and calcutta. what i hear privately from many bohras from poona, is that they dread if this tamasha will be held there, as their lives will be turned upside down, they will be compulsorily forced to host guests, to shell out huge amounts and the resultant overall intrusiveness into their daily lives.

Anwar

Unread post by Anwar » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:00 pm

JC,
The more these spineless cowards (mumeens) get milked the more they will sing ganoo jeevo, ganoo jeevo.I am stupid not to take a chance, like my friends/relatives did during Mombasa, Houston, Colombo Dubai Tamasha, take an all paid holiday, But I do not have hopes of getting leave from my work. ticket cost is no problem, :idea: K-H fund is there :mrgreen:

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:59 am

So Marol - Mumbai (out of Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata and Dare Salaam) is now decided as place of this year's Moharram gathering. After all more than Moharram the Bhindi Bazar project is important. In today's a news has appeared that a 100 years old 4-story building Ahmadi Manzil has collapsed in night with no causality. The adjoining buildings are vacated. It will be described as the mojiza of Maula during Moharram sermons, I am sure.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:52 am

Ahmedi Manzil is in Bhindi Bazar where the Burhani Development Trust is trying to get houses vacated.

S. Insaf

Moharram gathering in Marol

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:55 am

This is according the news I have recieved from my sources:
Yesterday Sayedna Saheb was to address a private gathering of Bohra doctors (medical practitioners) invited from all over. These doctors are staying in Taj hotel. A huge Shamiyana in Marol with date trees around giving a look of ancient Arab land is elected at the cost of Rs. 38 Crores. It is reported that when Sayedna Saheb was about to leave for this spot he suddenly started coughing heavily and gathering was cancelled.

A crowd of about 50,000 Bohras has been brought to Mumbai by their respective Amils under the pretext that food and accommodation will be free provided. But reaching here they are asked to pay from their own pocket. Accommodation is arranged in Mumbra. Most of the arrivals are reported quite unhappy.

One homeopath Dr. Murtuza Kothawala (9819780252) of Marol is the in-charge of the arrangements.

Any eyewitness from the site reporting is most welcomed.

aziz

Re: Moharram gathering in Marol

Unread post by aziz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 am

Insaap naag i am in marol and everything is ok here,aqa moula tus arrived today morning and was received by thousands of mumineen,
stop your unholy lies

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:12 am

aziz,

since you are in marol and obviously an 'insider', can you please verify whether it is true that after ashura, as is his practice over the last few years in east africa and elsewhere, syedna and family are going for shikar of wild animals for pleasure in the jungles of thane and western ghats? someone has reported that influential bohras have managed to bribe key officials and get permit for him to kill some panthers and chinkaras?

it would be nice if after the annual moharram mass maatams, this tradition of annual post-moharram shikar on a mass scale is also continued as such traditions of our roohani dai & dawaat add to our spiritual solace and growth and demonstrate our love for imam hussain and the shohoda of kerbala. my only request is to avoid mass matam in the jungles at night as that can cause panic and terror among wild animals and damage their natural environment.

your input will be much appreciated. thanks.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Dear brother Aziz,
Thanks for reporting from the Moharram site.
aqa moula tus arrived today morning and was received by thousands of mumineen,
. You are right Sayedna Saheb arrived in his Limousine Car at about 11 am from Saifee Mahal and went back. This gathering of doctors, I am told, was planned in the evening which did not take place. Also today morning of plying cassette and relay was postponed.
Please enlighten us without getting annoyed. My personal request.

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Because the masjid construction work is not over so relay will be tommorow worldwide,kindly do not read anything sinister in this ,i am at masjid right now

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Aziz
What Shazada RU? what is your real name and title. STOP LYING UNDER PSEUDONAME since you are carrying BLACKBERRY.