The Quran on hunting and killing of animals for sport

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.

humanbeing

Re: The Quran on hunting and killing of animals for sport

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:40 am

YaHussain wrote:I dont care about the worldly laws because they keep changing, Islamic and Quranic laws are respected by me. and in Quran drugs(any thing which is intoxicating is not allowed) and this is why momeeni should not be doing it.
I am not in India but it looks like you do belong to some Indian village so you should know more about India.
Duhh !! you took the example seriously.

Do you enjoy hunting for pleasure ? if yes ! please explain your thought process and pleasure you derive by shooting an animal in the jungle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is living in a Village bad ? does your statement intend to ridicule / mock people from villages in India as inferior to those who live abroad ? where do you live; USA, UK, Gulf ??

YaHussain

Unread post by YaHussain » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:58 am

humanbeing wrote:
YaHussain wrote:I dont care about the worldly laws because they keep changing, Islamic and Quranic laws are respected by me. and in Quran drugs(any thing which is intoxicating is not allowed) and this is why momeeni should not be doing it.
I am not in India but it looks like you do belong to some Indian village so you should know more about India.
Duhh !! you took the example seriously.

Do you enjoy hunting for pleasure ? if yes ! please explain your thought process and pleasure you derive by shooting an animal in the jungle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is living in a Village bad ? does your statement intend to ridicule / mock people from villages in India as inferior to those who live abroad ? where do you live; USA, UK, Gulf ??
yes I enjoy killing wild dogs and wild pigs :wink:

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 am

YaHussain wrote:yes I enjoy killing wild dogs and wild pigs :wink:
And thought process please, on a more seriously pleasurable note ! how would you like to hunt these animals ? with a rifle, bow and arrow, dagger ? SMS likes to hunt lions and elephants and wilder-beast, Kothar DAIs aspire to make their followers like them. So would you like to emulate maula and hunt the animals they love to hunt ?

Please answer my below query too;

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:33 am

he lives in the jungle of africa

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:37 am

he lives on a remote island somewhere in micronesia, in a cannibalistic society. his fraud dai mufatlal often visits there by pvt plane to indulge his lust for flesh. mufatlal does so because he can.

more and more people in the west are turning gay. according to yh, follower of fraud mufatlal, it is perfectly ok, because they can. in fact yh also makes regular sojourns to and enjoys lengthy stays in nudist camps. why? because he can.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:01 am

Some Abdes mentioned this was an insignificant site...sometime back we argued that hunting for consumption of meat may be ok...

Well I received news and want someone to confirm that ,

SMS in his recent hunting sent the antelope meat to be distributed as barakat to tiffin recipients in Tanzania

So this now somehow makes in his and his abdes mind Hunting halal ! But wait what about the elephant and lion ?

At least SMS reads or gets someone to read this site and reforms his ways silently unlike his :roll: abdes

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:41 am

Ozdundee wrote:Some Abdes mentioned this was an insignificant site...sometime back we argued that hunting for consumption of meat may be ok...

Well I received news and want someone to confirm that ,

SMS in his recent hunting sent the antelope meat to be distributed as barakat to tiffin recipients in Tanzania

So this now somehow makes in his and his abdes mind Hunting halal ! But wait what about the elephant and lion ?

At least SMS reads or gets someone to read this site and reforms his ways silently unlike his :roll: abdes

SMS went hunting again ! I missed it ! nooo !! please someone share the photos, I want to see the handsome hunter standing on the corpse of his prize with his rifle and smiling at the camera. Such a nooorani manzar. i am making the rova-jevu-moo. But why there are no photos out ?

Ozdundee, the antelope meat distribution seems like a rumor, it may not be true, because the meat is not halal, due to the way animal is killed. The process of zabihat ritual may not be followed in this case, and if they followed, where is the sadistic pleasure of hunting ? also, who fancies antelope meat ?

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:21 am

"Vidi, Vini, Vinci" (I came, I saw, I conquered) Alexander the Great's reply when asked about his quest to become the world conqueror. Who knows SMS has had 'wahee' and he sees the world differently. He could be the saviour or he has permission from higher authorities to cull the wildlife population in Africa. We could speculate and grit our teeth but he is thumbing his nose at us and using his index finger to pull the trigger. I am sure his third digit is pointing at us to say 'F you'!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:51 pm

THANK GOD MUFFY CANT HUNT TIGERS IN INDIA FOR HIS SADISTIC PLEASURE !!

India's tiger population jumps 30 percent

"While the tiger population is falling in the world, it is rising in India. We have increased by 30 per cent from the last count. That is a huge success story,"

http://news.yahoo.com/indias-tiger-popu ... 45786.html

qjbj

Unread post by qjbj » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:17 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:THANK GOD MUFFY CANT HUNT TIGERS IN INDIA FOR HIS SADISTIC PLEASURE !!

India's tiger population jumps 30 percent

"While the tiger population is falling in the world, it is rising in India. We have increased by 30 per cent from the last count. That is a huge success story,"

http://news.yahoo.com/indias-tiger-popu ... 45786.html
This is good news about the Tiger population increase in India. May be now I may be able to go and see some tigers in Rajasthan.

The reason Muffy is able to go hunting and kill the animals in Africa is due to the corruption and big bribes paid by the Muffy abdesin Zambia and Tanzania

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:42 am

Bohra spring wrote:836 signatures reached.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/s ... l-wildlife
I am the author of the petition and I intentionally set the limit of 1000. I could have set it 10,000 or 100000. petition is closed. You have given me an idea why not start it again ?

I got what I wanted from it and most of the petition signatories are non bohra . Mission accomplished! He can not brag about it he has to hide his bad habits .

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:08 am

Bohra spring wrote:
Bohra spring wrote:836 signatures reached.

He can not brag about it he has to hide his bad habits .
well then in the longer run it is not good, as bad habits has to come out.

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:33 am

Some old hunting pics from 2008 have got former Australian cricketer Glenn McGrath into trouble:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/31566005

Former Australian cricketer Glenn McGrath says he regrets going on an African hunting safari in 2008 after pictures were posted on social media showing him posing with dead wildlife.

The ex-fast bowler was pictured holding a firearm next to animals, including an elephant, two hyenas and a buffalo.

McGrath said the safari in Zimbabwe was "in hindsight, highly inappropriate".

"It was an extremely difficult time in my life and looking back I deeply regret being involved," he said.

McGrath was widely criticised after the photos appeared on social media

McGrath's wife Jane died of breast cancer aged 42 in 2008.

The photographs were posted on social media, and could be found by searching Chipitani Safaris, a game park in South Africa, although they later appeared to have been removed from the website.

They show McGrath crouched beside what looks like a dead buffalo and two hyenas, and posing with the tusks of an elephant.

"Images like these are heartbreaking, whoever is taking part in this cruel activity," said the World Animal Protection charity in a statement.

"We're opposed to all forms of hunting and have campaigned for the end of wildlife hunting in various forms for decades."

McGrath took 563 Test wickets - the most by a fast bowler - in a record-breaking career before retiring in 2007.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:08 am

difference is McGrath is embarrassed and apologetic and will loose his position

unlike sms

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:55 pm

Whoever still defends killer Muffy is participating in so called conservation can read this
Conservation groups in Zimbabwe reacted angrily to the news that the 13-year-old animal had been killed: partly because the lion was known to visitors and seemingly enjoyed human contact, and partly because of the way in which he was killed. He was lured out of the national park and shot.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ntist.html

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:09 pm

The man who killed that lion has been identified as an American dentist. Since his identification this morning, he has been raped on the internet and social media. He is trending on twitter and getting blasted like anything. His yelp page has been bombarded with people posting negative reviews, his facebook page (page of the clinic which he runs) has been pulled down. I guess, he erred by killing a famous lion amongst the tourist that was gps tagged and part of some research. I guess, SMS will give hunting a miss this year given all the attention on African lions or has he already made the kill this year?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/minneso ... -the-lion/
Bohra spring wrote:Whoever still defends killer Muffy is participating in so called conservation can read this
Conservation groups in Zimbabwe reacted angrily to the news that the 13-year-old animal had been killed: partly because the lion was known to visitors and seemingly enjoyed human contact, and partly because of the way in which he was killed. He was lured out of the national park and shot.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ntist.html
Last edited by dawedaar on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:11 pm

dawedaar wrote:I guess, SMS will give hunting a miss this year given all the attention on African lions or has he already made the kill this year?
He has made a "Killing" in the name of Wajebats, Ziyafats, Qadambosi etc, hence he is not much bothered about the wildlife killings ! :lol:

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:13 pm

Yes, Abde sheep are abundant which can be killed every day or every hour without any opposition!
ghulam muhammed wrote:
dawedaar wrote:I guess, SMS will give hunting a miss this year given all the attention on African lions or has he already made the kill this year?
He has made a "Killing" in the name of Wajebats, Ziyafats, Qadambosi etc, hence he is not much bothered about the wildlife killings ! :lol:

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:04 pm

look at the contrast of Abde civilisation...Americans bombarded and shamed the dentist. ..abdes celebrate Diai hunts and give him godly reception.

What a big difference in conscience
dawedaar wrote:The man who killed that lion has been identified as an American dentist. Since his identification this morning, he has been raped on the internet and social media. He is trending on twitter and getting blasted

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:01 am

SMS would be praised for his jalaal and macho man ship .. holding a rifle in safari camouflage .. the handsome shambu shikari looks dashing and royal posing over dead trophy .. bohra women going .. " so nooorani chechro che" ROFL ..

Some years ago, during a salgirah mubarak celebrations, kuwait abde had created a walk through exhibition of cutouts and models of various facets displayed fatemi daawat glory .. such as yemen, burhanpur, galiyakot etc etc dargaahs and one of the stalls has african jungle safari background. where cutouts of few animals alive and the one shot dead by macho hunter SMB was placed along with cutout of SMB with a rifle.. presenting a hunting scene. duhh ... people were posing with pride and glory in front of that .. sadly funny !

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:32 am

A firestorm of global condemnation rained down on him via social media and continues to rage. Lion lovers, animal advocates and hunting haters alike are baying for Palmer's blood. He is being pilloried as a "murderer" and "utter scum". They want him thrown to the lions or shot, beheaded and skinned in the same way Cecil the lion was killed
Applies the same the one who claims to be Imams Diai but does the opposite of what Ali AS did for his dear ducks !

I hope Muffy can read newspapers and read about this article and change his bad habits

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Cecil internet rage forces dentist lion killer to hide & close clinic

The Minnesota dentist accused of killing a beloved Zimbabwean lion has gone into hiding after a social media storm that included death threats. In a statement to the press, he claimed the hunt was legal. Hunting tourists kill about 600 lions annually.
Cecil, a 13-year-old lion in Hwange National Park, was killed earlier this month. He was reportedly lured outside the park, shot with an arrow, and followed for 40 hours before the hunters finished him off with a gunshot. Zimbabwean officials blamed a Western hunter for the kill, and identified him as Dr. Walter Palmer of Minnesota to a UK newspaper, the Telegraph, on Tuesday.

http://www.rt.com/usa/311081-lion-killi ... t-defends/

kimanumanu

Unread post by kimanumanu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:20 am

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... a-species/ - a bit of a balanced view on this.

Bag a trophy, save a species

Read the New Scientist editorial Kill and let live.

Imagine conservation as a three-legged stool. You need the wildlife, you need local people to be committed to conservation… and you need people to hunt down rare animals and kill them.

“When one of those legs isn’t there, the whole thing falls apart,” says Joe Hosmer, vice-president of Safari Club International, a hunting advocacy group based in Tucson, Arizona. Yes, the way to save wild animals, hunting advocates say, is to hunt them – or more precisely, to extract astronomical sums from rich hunters for the privilege of shooting a few prize specimens.

Perhaps more surprisingly, many conservation biologist see hunting in a similar light. Hunting can be a positive force, they say, because it provides an economic motive for maintaining wildlife habitats. “Without hunting many of these areas would be converted to cattle pasture, and there would be a rapid loss of wildlife,” says Peter Lindsey, a conservation biologist at the University of Zimbabwe in Harare and author of a survey of trophy hunting in Africa (Biological Conservation, vol 134, p 455). When it works, the jobs and money generated by hunting also give local residents an incentive to suppress poaching and keep animals live and on the hoof rather than in their cooking pot.

A few countries outside Africa, notably Pakistan, have successfully married hunting with conservation. However, in many parts of the world, trophy hunting has fallen far short of its potential for conservation. Even apparently sustainable hunting quotas may carry subtle dangers for target species, and some argue that the supposed benefits are overstated.

“Generally speaking trophy hunting takes place on marginal land not suitable for agriculture,” says Will Travers of the Born Free Foundation, a conservation group based in the UK. “The best agricultural land is already used for agriculture.” Trophy hunting is a growing industry in southern and eastern Africa, with hunters willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a safari that might bag them an elephant or a Cape buffalo. In Asia, too, some hunters will pay up to $30,000 to hunt scarce mountain sheep such as the argali, and a few prized trophies such as bighorn sheep in Alberta, Canada, have attracted as much as a million dollars in fees.

“The underlying theme is the enormous amount of money that people are willing to spend. That can be an enormous force for conservation,” says Marco Festa-Bianchet, a wildlife biologist at the University of Sherbrooke, Quebec, in Canada.

“The enormous amount of money that people are willing to spend can be an enormous force for conservation”

Photo-tourism – the other main way of deriving income from wildlife – can also generate large amounts of money. Kenya, which does not allow trophy hunting, estimates that tourism generated $840 million in 2006, says Travers. However, hunters are often willing to travel to less scenic or politically unstable regions, providing an irreplaceable source of income. Even where the eventual goal is to generate income from tourism, hunting can help ease – and finance – the transition from degraded cattle pastures to a thriving natural ecosystem, says Lindsey.

Most conservation biologists don’t think that trophy hunters will shoot enough animals to push their prey to extinction. The hunters take almost exclusively males, so – in theory, at least – the birth rate should be unaffected as long as enough males remain to fertilise all the females. To charge their clients top dollar, hunting operators need to provide a good chance of bagging a trophy-quality animal. A greedy operator who takes too many animals will soon have a hard time drawing clients to a depleted area, says Lindsey.

But that smooth self-regulation only applies where hunting operators are tied to a particular area, as they are in many parts of Africa. Where that local tie is missing, as it is in much of Asia, operators can simply shift away from depleted areas, so they have little incentive to tread lightly. “Inevitably, it is run as a business. At some point the benefits to the businessman don’t necessarily coincide with the benefits to conservation. The reality is if you can make more money by wiping out the resource quickly, that’s what you do,” says Festa-Bianchet. Travers agrees. “Hunting licences are offered on relatively short time frames of three to four years, so this can be seen as a short-term gain opportunity.”

Nor are hunters likely to take the conservation initiative in such cases. “We will support any legal form of hunting,” says Hosmer. “If our government and the foreign government legally will allow us to hunt a species, then we will support that.”

Often, too, very few of the dollars generated by hunting end up in conservationists’ hands. “If you’re supposed to be getting enough money to do some conservation, it’s just not there,” says Rich Harris, a wildlife biologist affiliated with the University of Montana in Missoula who has served as a consultant for some Chinese trophy-hunting programmes.

Even where hunting is managed smoothly, and when hunting revenue does trickle down to conservation projects, it may cause subtle genetic damage to wildlife populations. The large antlers, horns or tusks that make trophy animals so attractive to hunters evolved as signals to help females pick mates with the best genes. Trophy hunters remove these good genes every time they bag an animal. In bighorn sheep in Alberta, Canada, hunting pressure has led to smaller-horned sheep of lower genetic quality, Festa-Bianchet and his colleagues reported three years ago (Nature, vol 426, p 655). Similar pressures may account for an increasing number of tuskless elephants in Africa and Asia.

“Large antlers or tusks evolved to help females pick mates with best genes. Trophy hunters remove these good genes”

There are other easily overlooked potential knock-on effects. By removing dominant males, for example, hunters may increase the rate of turnover in social hierarchies. This can be a serious problem in species such as lions, where males that take over a pride typically kill all the cubs sired by the previous male. Every time the head of a pride is killed by hunters, all the cubs may be lost also, says Andrew Loveridge, a wildlife biologist at the University of Oxford.

Lions also illustrate what Loveridge calls the “vacuum effect”, in which hunting just outside a protected area can siphon animals away from the park. Heavy hunting pressure in safari areas just outside Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe, for example, led to the loss of 72 per cent of tagged adult male lions to hunters over a five-year period, Loveridge found in a study published this month (Biological Conservation, vol 134, p 548). Most of these males were replaced by lions from the park, diminishing the numbers within it.

Occasionally this vacuum effect may run in reverse, to the benefit of wildlife. In Alberta, for example, some bighorn rams shelter in the safety of Banff and Jasper national parks during the hunting season and then roam outside the parks to breed. This returns good genes to the population outside the park and helps reverse the genetic erosion caused by trophy hunting, says Festa-Bianchet.

Biologists have little idea how serious these subtler genetic and population impacts of hunting will prove to be. “We just haven’t thought much about this. Maybe it’s a major concern, maybe it’s nothing to worry about,” says Festa-Bianchet. Still, wildlife managers may well want to move more cautiously in light of the risk. In Zimbabwe, for example, quotas for lion hunting have been cut back by 50 per cent in the past two years to prevent overhunting.

The flow of money may be unaffected, though. “The price of lion hunting has gone through the roof,” says Lindsey, “which is excellent for conservationists because we want to see the fewest animals removed for the highest price.”

However much some may blanch at the thought, that combination of a steady income plus minimal impact can make well-managed trophy hunting one of the best tools in the conservationists’ toolbox.

fayyaaz

Unread post by fayyaaz » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Petitioning SMS to stop hunting lions in Africa:

https://www.change.org/p/syedna-aaliqad ... l-wildlife

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:26 pm

So you go in a jeep and the guide takes you to the pride. You kill a lion who is few feet away from the jeep. It requires no skill and our beloved Dai perfect for the job. Well I forgot Roti and tiffin scheme.

Who pays for the killing, all who shower him with wajebats and other dues. Su shan che apna monin bhaiyo ni.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:36 pm

seeker110 wrote:So you go in a jeep and the guide takes you to the pride. You kill a lion who is few feet away from the jeep. It requires no skill and our beloved Dai perfect for the job. Well I forgot Roti and tiffin scheme.

Who pays for the killing, all who shower him with wajebats and other dues. Su shan che apna monin bhaiyo ni.
Even if it required skill, there is something wrong with a human being who derives pleasure from killing for sport.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:59 pm

psychotic people do these kind of cruel things. Ye bemari bap ,dada ki di huwe hai.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 pm

These baap, betas and Dadas cannot justify their acts by citing a single instance wherein Prophet (s.a.w.) or Mola Ali (a.s.) ever hunted wild animals for pleasure. In fact there are many instances wherein they have displayed exemplary love and care for animals.