Why is Imam in Purdah (Hiding)

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
berasiawala

Why is Imam in Purdah (Hiding)

Unread post by berasiawala » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:46 am

This question has always been a mystery to me and have not got justified answer to date. I would like to have a rational answer thus anyone tyring to write simply against the imam or dawoodi bohras or trying to make personal comments against each other - pl excuse.

The point is that all the imams till 20th Imam never went in purdah (hiding) even when they had to face hardships and when their life was in danger. Example Imam Hussain (A.S) and his family was in a situation where either Imam Hussain or Imam Zainul Abedeen could have gone into hiding as not only their lives but the lives of their family members were in danger and also Islam was in danger because of the Yezid's atrocities. However they stayed, fought and exercised patience.

What circumstances led to Imam Tayeb go into purdah and today when there is no threat to his life why is still Imam in purdah. By going into purdah there has been more confusion on the Imam as to who is the right Imam i,e according to the Shias its the 12th Imam, bohras 21st Imam, secondly the office of the Imam is held by dais which are currently led by at least 2 i.e Dawoodis and Alvis where both claim that they speak to the Imam.
Secondly no one has lived for over 5 centuries, not even the prophets or earlier Imams thus if there is a successor to the 21st Imam then it needs to be revealed by the Dai who is in touch with the Imam.
Is there any historical evidence put in by the initial Dais about reasons of Imam going in Purdah.

Muslim First

Re: Why is Imam in Purdah (Hiding)

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:06 am

Toddler Imam Tayab RhA most probably died.
Fatemi followers who accepted his line of Imamat invented this ruse of going into "purdah"
Just like Ithna 12th imam still living.

Jo (dini) afsana jise anzaam tak laana na ho mumkin, use ek khubsurat mode de kar chodna achha.

JC

Unread post by JC » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:54 pm

The logical and rationale reply - there is NO Imam, this is just imagination, created by people with vested interests in the system and status quo. Had there been any he would have come out, for sure.

Doctor

Unread post by Doctor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:45 pm

JC wrote:The logical and rationale reply - there is NO Imam, this is just imagination, created by people with vested interests in the system and status quo. Had there been any he would have come out, for sure.
JC,

Fatimi Imam a.s. are NOT imagination and they are reality - proven in the Sunni Documents -

Sahih al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Sahih al-Tirmidhi, Sunan Ibn Majah, Sunan Abu Dawud, and Sahih al-Nisa'i - these books quote:

1. Imam Mahdi (Imam Quaim) is going to come in the last days to make a universal Government,
2. Imam Mahdi (Imam Quaim) is from the Ahlul-Bayt of Prophet,
3. Imam Mahdi (Imam Quaim) is from the children of Fatimah (AS), the daughter of Prophet,
4. Imam Mahdi (Imam Quaim) is different than Jesus (the messiah),
5. Jesus will be one of the followers of Imam Mahdi (Imam Quaim) and prays behind him.

So, JC read thoroughly your own literature before falsely declaring Fatwa on Fatimi Imams.

Ya Ali(s) Madad

Unread post by Ya Ali(s) Madad » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:09 pm

JC wrote:The logical and rationale reply - there is NO Imam, this is just imagination, created by people with vested interests in the system and status quo. Had there been any he would have come out, for sure.
tara maa thodi bhi sochwani kuwwat hoti to tu aawi bewakoofi bhari waat naa karto. :D

JC

Unread post by JC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Doctor and Madad,

When I say there is NO Imam, I mean the Imam of which Kothar is beating the drums ........ WHY on earth Imam is hiding, if in fact he exists?????

Let Mahdi (or Qaim) come and we will see then. He will then PROVE what he is and capable of what.

Today, per bohra cult, the imam which is in hiding, is no imam, does not exist and your dai is making a fool of people like you abdes.

Doctor

Unread post by Doctor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:25 pm

JC wrote:Doctor and Madad,

When I say there is NO Imam, I mean the Imam of which Kothar is beating the drums ........ WHY on earth Imam is hiding, if in fact he exists?????

Let Mahdi (or Qaim) come and we will see then. He will then PROVE what he is and capable of what.

Today, per bohra cult, the imam which is in hiding, is no imam, does not exist and your dai is making a fool of people like you abdes.
JC,

Be brave and honest to accept the facts that thrash your preconcevied incorrect notions.

Your own Sunni books say, Imam Quaim/Mehdi will be from Ahlul Bait - that means there has to be an Imam present right now and from whose progeny the Imam Quaim/Mehdi will come. Unless there will be an alive Imam now - how will Imam Quaim/Mehdi will be born? So, Imam is present, like in night you cannot see the sun but it is present and doing its job, though you cannot see it, doesn't mean that Sun is absent!

Your authentic Sunni books acknowledges that Imam Quaim/Mehdi will come and he will be from Ahle Bait - that means that presently there must be Imam somewhere though u cannot see but he is present and that is how from his progeny the Quaim/Mehdi Imam will be born.

So, Imam is present and do NOT give false fatwa: Imam is not present and he is imagination.

berasiawala

Unread post by berasiawala » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:46 am

I have still not got the answer to the question
Why Imam had to go into purdah?
Why is it that the Imam is still in purdah?
Is there any information from dawoodi bohra history, surely the 1st / 2nd Dai's must have explained to the public at that time the reasons behind the same.

Its true that we do not see the Sun at night but its there, but the Imam is in hiding for about 5 centuries for dawoodi bohras and for Shias its much more. Surprisingly the Imam is in purdah whether its for the bohras or shias however in different periods, which is a mystery.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:53 am

So, JC read thoroughly your own literature before falsely declaring Fatwa on Fatimi Imams.
Shaikh Doctor Mubarak Saheb
AS
It is very difficult to dislodge a frozen nut like you. Yo get my drift !

Wasalaam

who2trust

Unread post by who2trust » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 am

berasiawala wrote:I have still not got the answer to the question
Why Imam had to go into purdah?
Why is it that the Imam is still in purdah?
Is there any information from dawoodi bohra history, surely the 1st / 2nd Dai's must have explained to the public at that time the reasons behind the same.

Its true that we do not see the Sun at night but its there, but the Imam is in hiding for about 5 centuries for dawoodi bohras and for Shias its much more. Surprisingly the Imam is in purdah whether its for the bohras or shias however in different periods, which is a mystery.
Because he was only 2 or 4 years (21ist Imam as per bohra beliefs) old and being sooo young he can't run the Imamat and hence Dai took over the charge on behalf of Imam.
Imam still in purdah because there is no Imam for DB's at the moment forget about hiding an all....Nothing is available in historical books what happened when Imam became adult (18 years of age) and was in a position to took over from Dai? May be some kothar people can shed some light if they know from their maula as he says he speaks to hidden Imam. What i can think over here is Daawat begin on temporary basis until Imam is ready to took over (after crossing teenage). However it seems Imam never reached teenage and hence Bohra Dia's continue dictatorship.

JC

Unread post by JC » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:47 am

WHO wants to leave Power?? Dai would also not want to (after all he is a human being too :) ) So before Tayyab (or whosoever) was got killed and hence the Daiship/Dictatorship continued and continues (ofcourse now we have at least three Dais claiming to be the Right Dai).

JC

Unread post by JC » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:52 am

Doctor,

Please do not 'your Sunni books' or 'your Wahabi books' to me ....... I am open to challange and question everyone, we are not like abdes who cannot 'ask' or 'cannot question' ............ be it any book ...... so what it is written in any Sunni or Wahabi book...??!! that can be wrong!! Same way if it is written in some Shia or Bohra book it could be wrong too.

Please spare me when you give the age old example to Sun.

Let Qaim or Mahdi or whosoever is COME OUT and PROVE himself ......... before that sorry I cannot just put my entire BELIEF in a Rnuaway Imam .......... IF, as you say logically an Imam is present today, WHAT on earth is stopping him for declaring himself to be such ......... there cannot be any Muslayhat or Taweel, or is he so weak and powerless that he is waiting for Qaim or Mahdi??

So till then Hidden Imam is just an imagination, an idol and bohras worship him as they worship hundred other things.

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:45 am

In my opinion Imam is not in pardah ,Imam is somewhere in the world and leads the true sect.We all bohara sects who proclaim that we are on huq is rong coz if we are on huq then Imam has to be with us.In my pov no dai of any bohara sect is not in touch with Imam ,if imam is in touch of any bohara dai then its not possible that Imam allow these evil practice going on in our db sact.So its crystal clear Imam is in the world with true sect.We should find that true sect & join him.

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:34 am

berasiawala wrote:This question has always been a mystery to me and have not got justified answer to date. I would like to have a rational answer thus anyone tyring to write simply against the imam or dawoodi bohras or trying to make personal comments against each other - pl excuse.

The point is that all the imams till 20th Imam never went in purdah (hiding) even when they had to face hardships and when their life was in danger. Example Imam Hussain (A.S) and his family was in a situation where either Imam Hussain or Imam Zainul Abedeen could have gone into hiding as not only their lives but the lives of their family members were in danger and also Islam was in danger because of the Yezid's atrocities. However they stayed, fought and exercised patience.

What circumstances led to Imam Tayeb go into purdah and today when there is no threat to his life why is still Imam in purdah. By going into purdah there has been more confusion on the Imam as to who is the right Imam i,e according to the Shias its the 12th Imam, bohras 21st Imam, secondly the office of the Imam is held by dais which are currently led by at least 2 i.e Dawoodis and Alvis where both claim that they speak to the Imam.
Secondly no one has lived for over 5 centuries, not even the prophets or earlier Imams thus if there is a successor to the 21st Imam then it needs to be revealed by the Dai who is in touch with the Imam.
Is there any historical evidence put in by the initial Dais about reasons of Imam going in Purdah.
In my opinion Imam is not in pardah ,Imam is somewhere in the world and leads the true sect.We all bohara sects who proclaim that we are on huq is rong coz if we are on huq then Imam has to be with us.In my pov no dai of any bohara sect is not in touch with Imam ,if imam is in touch of any bohara dai then its not possible that Imam allow these evil practice going on in our db sact.So its crystal clear Imam is in the world with true sect.We should find that true sect & join him.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:21 am

. also Islam was in danger because of the Yezid's atrocities. However they stayed, fought and exercised patience.
Islam is Allah's religion and he has promised to protect it. Y's atrocities were not against Islam but his own subjects.
You commit atrocity against a religion if you persecute people for practicing their religion.

Y did not intimidate resident of Kufa for being Muslims but for being supporters of Imam Hussein.
So Islam was in danger is Hogwash.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:59 am

Muslim First wrote:
. also Islam was in danger because of the Yezid's atrocities. However they stayed, fought and exercised patience.
Islam is Allah's religion and he has promised to protect it. Y's atrocities were not against Islam but his own subjects.
You commit atrocity against a religion if you persecute people for practicing their religion.

Y did not intimidate resident of Kufa for being Muslims but for being supporters of Imam Hussein.
Again, MF please name one of your grandsons Yazid.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:36 am

Dear Profatsian Bhai,
Salaam Alaikum.
Would it not be the doings of a true mumin that instead of sugessting the names for a Sunni Muslim's grandchild that you should take care of a fellow Mumin who is in dire need.Or atleast come out and rasie an issue of help for a Poor Abde Dawoodi Bohra who perhaps needs just RS 300 (three Hundred) for a childs tuition fee?
However you take out the time and pateince and give out a name for an unborn child like an old hag who seems to have nothing to do.
Wah ,is this what maula has taught you? to go give out names for a Sunni Muslim child and to close ones eyes when confronted by a poor Dawoodi Bohra?
AQA MOLA ZINDABAAD

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:07 am

Muslim First wrote:

And what was the reson that Y attacked Makkah and Madina?

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:28 am

Muslim First wrote: Islam is Allah's religion and he has promised to protect it. Y's atrocities were not against Islam but his own subjects.
How does Allah protect a religion ? (please mind it, I m asking this question to a person and not questioning power of Allah. Just wanted to clarify incase you dint get the question right ? )

Does religion needs protection or people (believer) of the religion needs protection ? from anti religion oppressors !

How does Yazid’s atrocities against its muslim subject not an attack on Islam ? If you admit that Yazid was a oppressor then how does he qualify to be even a muslim (although he may be shouting from the rooftops) ?
Muslim First wrote:You commit atrocity against a religion if you persecute people for practicing their religion.
Imam hussain’s decision to fight yazid comes under Islamic virtues as Yazid was oppressing his people for whatever reason.

By the way, what is your point of argument, are you in favor of Yazid ?

Do you think Yazid was a good person or good muslim ?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Br MF
He did intimidate the residents of Kufa otherwise why would Kufians ask Imam Husain to come to Kufa and give the Baet on his hands? If the ruler is not intimidating the Perja will not be asking for an outsider for help

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:22 pm

I see that our dear brother Muslim First has graduated from the Honorable Zakir Naik Wahhabi academy. From Wahhabi Lite to almost a fully qualified Wahhabi? Perhaps not. I think that he may now be Wahhabi Intermediate. Thus Muslim First, Wh.Int. !

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Br SBM
You do know this is thread for "Imam in Purdah" and you are not knocking me for diverting the thread. I will participate in proper thread. Open new thread.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Muslim First wrote:Y's atrocities were not against Islam but his own subjects.
Bro Muslim First,

Yazeed's atrocities were in the name and in the guise of Islam exactly the way we see today........ Talibans commit atrocities in the name of Islam, the bohra Dai does the same in the name of Islam although in a refined manner and all of them claim to be doing it FOR Islam although their acts are AGAINST Islam ! This will go on till such time that all muslims dont gather under one platform, something which every true muslim wants but till such time that sectarian leaders are allowed to exploit religion by their followers, it is a distant dream.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:52 am

Dear Profastian Bhai,
I am still waiting for your answer to the below.

bohraji wrote:Dear Profatsian Bhai,
Salaam Alaikum.
Would it not be the doings of a true mumin that instead of sugessting the names for a Sunni Muslim's grandchild that you should take care of a fellow Mumin who is in dire need.Or atleast come out and rasie an issue of help for a Poor Abde Dawoodi Bohra who perhaps needs just RS 300 (three Hundred) for a childs tuition fee?
However you take out the time and pateince and give out a name for an unborn child like an old hag who seems to have nothing to do.
Wah ,is this what maula has taught you? to go give out names for a Sunni Muslim child and to close ones eyes when confronted by a poor Dawoodi Bohra?
AQA MOLA ZINDABAAD

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:05 am

bohraji wrote:Dear Profastian Bhai,

bohraji wrote:Dear Profatsian Bhai,
Salaam Alaikum.
AQA MOLA ZINDABAAD
This is not a forum for charity and social reform. There are other platforms for that.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:14 am

So Profstian
Can you reply to Bohraji about his question on the other thread?

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:17 am

SBM wrote:So Profstian
I am not talking about this thread but about the entire forum. This forum is about the differences between the Dawoodi bohra and the progressive sects and social reform is not the difference. Progressives do charity so do bohras. You are talking about distributing food packets to the needy which is very commendable. Bohras already have such a scheme in place worldwide, aka, FMB. It cannot get better than FMB when we talk about food to the poor.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:19 am

Dear Profastian bhai,
This is not a platform for the naming of a child as well.
Why dont you answer my questions instead of interfering into the personal life of someone else's grandchild.
AQA MAULA ZINDABAD!!

profastian wrote:
bohraji wrote:Dear Profastian Bhai,

This is not a forum for charity and social reform. There are other platforms for that.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:23 am

Dear Profastian Bhai,
If FMB was so great than there would have been no need for our team to distribute food packets!
AQA MAULA ZINDABAD

profastian wrote:
SBM wrote:So Profstian
I am not talking about this thread but about the entire forum. This forum is about the differences between the Dawoodi bohra and the progressive sects and social reform is not the difference. Progressives do charity so do bohras. You are talking about distributing food packets to the needy which is very commendable. Bohras already have such a scheme in place worldwide, aka, FMB. It cannot get better than FMB when we talk about food to the poor.
Last edited by bohraji on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:30 am

Progressives do charity so do bohras
At the cost of derailing this thread, Progressives are BOHRA except they seek accountability and transparency and are weary of BIG ZIYAFAATS AND FAT SHAIKHS AND SHEZAADAS and Now helping the less fortunate in BOHRA community so can you join in this crusade just yes or no will suffice