charitable trust

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
mumin

charitable trust

Unread post by mumin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:47 pm

all money is collected by the local Amils as wajebaats. wajebaat means wajib which means compulsory, yet the money goes into this charitable trust and is spent not on charitable causes,but for the food, clothing, rents, cars,gasoline,cell phones and all other expenses for the husband,wife,children, grand children and great grand children of not only the present dai but also the dai before him.i.e. the royal family.
Why should our hard earned money go towards the upkeep of all these so called members of the royal family?. Allah has given them hands and feet just like us to go out in the world and work for a living. Where in the Quran does it state that we as a Bohri community have to take care of
the expenses of the local amil and the long,long line of so called royal family and not only pay for all their food and clothing etc but also give them a stipend every month?
If money is collected as a charitable contribution then there should be no compulsion from the local amil and also this money should be spent strictly in the way of Alah that is for orphans and the needy. Also there should not be any dollar value attached to it since it is collected as a charity under the charitable trust. One can give as little or as much as one wants, without any bargaining. This money should not be used by the local amil and his gang of jamaat members to hold dinners on every little occasion to feed themselves and bear their unneccessary expenses.
If one feels that his money can be well spent for a charitable cause of his choice,then so be it. There should be no mandatory requirement that zakaat money has to be given to this local amil and his gang.
Refrain from giving all this money to this amil under all these fancy names as, wajebaats, silofitra etc. If you feel more comfortable that your money will be well spent in a charitable institution of your choice then you should have this freedom.
Allah,s rule is simple. Help my children as I have helped you.
Having to do nothing but eat free food,some of these amils have gained a lot of weight and so are their wives who may be from a commoner but now since they are married to a Amil have started acting like they are royal family.
No where in the history of the nabis and Imams have I come across such practice.

Al Zulfiqar

Re: charitable trust

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:02 pm

welcome to our orwellian world, my friend, or shall i call it alice in wonderland world?

yr writing about this serves no useful purpose, as the majority of our bohras are too terrified or complacent to do anything..

most are cowards too, who have no guts to confront, they only negotiate. after all what are we? converts from gujrati baniyas...

pro_pig

Unread post by pro_pig » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:21 am

zulfiqar last couple of weeks i been watching u that u been shouting too much u need to slow down otherwise u will fell down.

jinx

Unread post by jinx » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:58 am

You are forced to believe in the invisible mythical Imam Zaman Tayyeb.

Since he is conveniently invisible, the khotars can pretty much demand anything from us for his (Tayyeb) sake.

And without any form of accountability, you are crazy, stupid and naïve to think that the money is put to any good use.

This is not to you personaly.